Suggestion: Add some Teleacoustics to the daily timer quest

Options
Evryn - Morai
Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Suggestion Box
I'd like to suggest adding a few Teleacoustics to the "daily sign in" quest - non-tradeable of course. This would help players use them to call for parties on the world channel. Not every player has the ability to easily access teleacoustics, as they need to be made from tokens. Giving a limited number to players per day helps communication and will make the world channel more lively.

And since the daily signin requires you to be online for an hour before you get the reward, only active characters will get these.
I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
Post edited by Evryn - Morai on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This is a really nice idea actually.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I agree with this. I go through teles like candy as it is. b:laugh
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • tinocomi
    tinocomi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'd like to suggest adding a few Teleacoustics to the "daily sign in" quest - non-tradeable of course. This would help players use them to call for parties on the world channel. Not every player has the ability to easily access teleacoustics, as they need to be made from tokens. Giving a limited number to players per day helps communication and will make the world channel more lively.

And since the daily signin requires you to be online for an hour before you get the reward, only active characters will get these.

I want it! Bring it! Implement it!
    Notice: Any game is better than PWI atm, so give PWI a break and go try other MMOs! Do it...
    PM me if you want more information about the best MMOs (Warning: biased opinion upon trial)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If this gave just one teleacoustic it would add probably about 15,000 teleacoustics to my server per day. On average that's around 600 teleacoustics added per hour or 10 every minute. That would generate probably around 4-5 times more WC traffic than there is now, half of those would be annoying messages about how they have to WC to make room in their inventory. No thanks.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Eeek. As much as I agree that forming a squad in your server should be easier, giving out teles is a bad idea. We got enough childish attention ****** in wc as it is ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • tinocomi
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If this gave just one teleacoustic it would add probably about 15,000 teleacoustics to my server per day. On average that's around 600 teleacoustics added per hour or 10 every minute. That would generate probably around 4-5 times more WC traffic than there is now, half of those would be annoying messages about how they have to WC to make room in their inventory. No thanks.

We're giving 1 tele a day to each character logged in for 1h so the ones that ususally flood the chat with childish play wont tele more nor less. The ones that tele just for squads will now be 1 tele richer, that's all :) You'll just have an extra tele each day to get squad for BH or any other instance.
    Notice: Any game is better than PWI atm, so give PWI a break and go try other MMOs! Do it...
    PM me if you want more information about the best MMOs (Warning: biased opinion upon trial)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    tinocomi wrote: »
    We're giving 1 tele a day to each character logged in for 1h so the ones that ususally flood the chat with childish play wont tele more nor less. The ones that tele just for squads will now be 1 tele richer, that's all :) You'll just have an extra tele each day to get squad for BH or any other instance.
    You can't flood the server with 15000 teles a day and not expect a huge increase in WCs. Sure someone might not use it for a while then they notice they have 20 teles in their inventory at some point and then decide to have a conversation.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Aww :< that sounded like a good idea at first. Guess not.
    Maybe they should add some kind of squad-related only channel instead then.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I love this idea.. perhaps give us the option of taking a few of them instead of mystical pills... I don't need any more drugs lol
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I didn't say anything because I'm torn between thinking it could be a problem, like Asty's point, and that it's a good idea, like most people before. OTL
    I was going to say that they could replace the advice boxes that no one uses >.>'
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinocomi
    edited September 2014
    Options

You can't flood the server with 15000 teles a day and not expect a huge increase in WCs. Sure someone might not use it for a while then they notice they have 20 teles in their inventory at some point and then decide to have a conversation.

You still can't flood the channel or have a conversation with 20 teles. And that's after 20 days of rewards, which means they can start a really small conversation per month. Anyway, those who care for free teles wont spend it like *******, giving it some good use. You can also put a timer in those teles, if that's the problem. Every 48h, they will expire. Even if people don't need to use it, they might send those "Extra bag slot" teles, but wont come in confrontation with having a bunch of teles in the bag and an year after they have 365 teles to spam.

Tho I think the better option is not to put a timer on those teles. As I said, for those "conversations" on WC, you need a lot more than 20 teles. Even 100 are not much, so why not?
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    This is a great Idea. Spending over 300,000 coins to buy tokens to make a party is ridiculous.
    I have spend over a million trying to form some parties before because I could not find a cleric or barb.

Also annoying people will always WC. In my opinion WC should be limited so that you can only send 1 message per minute like in swordsman online.
    I am tired of ******* starting a dumb conversation or drama in WC.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Bedazzling - Sanctuary
    Bedazzling - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Asterelle, I totally agree with you! As it is, I have to put my chat to whisper due to the bs that is on there most of the time.
    This is a great Idea. Spending over 300,000 coins to buy tokens to make a party is ridiculous.
    I have spend over a million trying to form some parties before because I could not find a cleric or barb.

Also annoying people will always WC. In my opinion WC should be limited so that you can only send 1 message per minute like in swordsman online.
    I am tired of ******* starting a dumb conversation or drama in WC.

jwilson.....NO ONE is breaking your arm to spend your money on teles......reason you can't find a cleric, hmm lemme see...most of the clerics are abused when they are in a squad ie: screamed at and basically told what their job is not to mention that when clerics are available there is usually a message "NO Clerics". So yes, getting a cleric to respond will be tough.
  • jwillson123
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Asterelle, I totally agree with you! As it is, I have to put my chat to whisper due to the bs that is on there most of the time.

jwilson.....NO ONE is breaking your arm to spend your money on teles......reason you can't find a cleric, hmm lemme see...most of the clerics are abused when they are in a squad ie: screamed at and basically told what their job is not to mention that when clerics are available there is usually a message "NO Clerics". So yes, getting a cleric to respond will be tough.

b:laugh I never abuse clerics but yes a cleric should heal instead of DD is their job.
    really message No cleric ? Seriously? Cleric the most wanted class in the game what kind of idiot would say no cleric. Its usually No sins!

No one is breaking my arm yes but If I do not tele no one else will.
    People who join your squad they do not want to spend tele because they expensive with current token prices.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    "Need cleric for FWS/FSP/AEU" seems to indeed be a common call on Morai. (Not to my displeasure, I enjoy playing cler myself :) ). But let's get back on topic.

The concern is that doing this would make the world channel more spammy. This is true, and would happen - but the world channel is spammy as it is, mainly by a few select individuals who spend several dozen teles per day being goofy. This suggestion would have no effect on that. Allowing players to say one line per day means they'd need to be on an hour each day for several weeks before they could even hold one short conversation. I personally don't see that as a problem.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • jwillson123
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I still think this a wonderful idea.
    If this was implemented you could ask your squad members to tele too.
    But many people do not use tele at all and just rely on others to tele for them.
  • sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    would be nice to get free tele's and maybe live up wc for a bit again at times it stands still for over a minute these days idm the spam as long as it moves and dont stands still b:laugh
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Please No!!!! I know the idea is nice but and here is the HUGE BUTT theres enough trolling in world chat daily. Its hard to be able to sell or buy stuff daily anyway from the people holding convos in world chat. I would not mind the free teles at all if and only if they also added a 5 min cooldown between posts per account. That would be more helpfull then 5 free teles or 10
  • jwillson123
    edited September 2014
    Options
    c44102 wrote: »
    Please No!!!! I know the idea is nice but and here is the HUGE BUTT theres enough trolling in world chat daily. Its hard to be able to sell or buy stuff daily anyway from the people holding convos in world chat. I would not mind the free teles at all if and only if they also added a 5 min cooldown between posts per account. That would be more helpfull then 5 free teles or 10

Those people will keep talking garbage on WC.
    If people get free tele the whole squad can WC.
    Outnumbering those idiots messages.
    "Need cleric for FWS/FSP/AEU" seems to indeed be a common call on Morai. (Not to my displeasure, I enjoy playing cler myself :) ). But let's get back on topic.

The concern is that doing this would make the world channel more spammy. This is true, and would happen - but the world channel is spammy as it is, mainly by a few select individuals who spend several dozen teles per day being goofy. This suggestion would have no effect on that. Allowing players to say one line per day means they'd need to be on an hour each day for several weeks before they could even hold one short conversation. I personally don't see that as a problem.

You are truly a visionary b:chuckle according with the new china expansion thread they gonna add tele as one of the possible rewards
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You are truly a visionary b:chuckle according with the new china expansion thread they gonna add tele as one of the possible rewards

I'm sure every char that has been on for an hour that day getting a free teleacoustic will make wc a fun place ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~