Question about Active points/quest

Coraline - Lost City
Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
When it came out I would collect points but couldn't use them because I didn't know that you had to still pick up the quest. Now I have the quest picked up(faction base quest) and 20 active points atm and there isn't a box by it to complete. Strangely enough there's a box by a lvl 100 bh but I don't have 30 points nor am I 100 yet..again. How can I use the points or am I doing something wrong?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
Post edited by Coraline - Lost City on

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You cannot auto-complete dailies that award points.
    What I mean by this is that if the faction base quests are on the awarding point side (the orange quests) they can't also be on the auto-complete side (blue quests)

Why? Because, if you could have the same quest on both sides (orange and blue) the base quests that day will award you 10 points per quest and they cost 10 points to auto-complete, meaning that by auto-completing it, you don't lose or gain anything (because you use 10 points to complete but then would get the said 10 points back).

Tomorrow if the base quests don't award points you will be able to auto-complete them (after picking them up and having enough points of course).

It might sound confusing, but I hope I was clear about it. b:pleased

Mr. Justice
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The biggest thing people get confused with is that they shuffle around and a quest you could complete yesterday with points now give points and cant be compledet with points.

Quests with the star and the orange text cant be completed with points but give points.
    Quests without the star and with blue text can be completed with points but dont give out points.

You need the required points to complete the quests, some quests only need 5 points and Bounty Hunter for example need 30.

without the auto potter orb you can only use 30 points each day, with the orb you can use all.

hope that answers your question somehow.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    That's clearer now but...I have a BH 100 that i can't complete because I'm too low and not enough points but has a check box next to it. Next to it, it says -30. The faction base quest is also blue but does not have a check box next to it and doesn't says how many points it will cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That's clearer now but...I have a BH 100 that i can't complete because I'm too low and not enough points but has a check box next to it. Next to it, it says -30. The faction base quest is also blue but does not have a check box next to it and doesn't says how many points it will cost.

Are you sure you picked the base quest up? (You can only complete the 2 mob hunting dailies, not the others)
    Are you sure you haven't completed them after midnight server time?

A way to see if any of these questions is true or false is simple. Where you have your base quest in blue, it should have the quest objective below in white. Do you have these white letters below the base quest? (You know, saying like "Target X mob (0/10)")

Also, even if you had the 30 points you wouldn't be able to complete the 100+ BH I since it requires current lvl 100 to complete like you said, so, that wouldn't make a difference.

Mr. Justice
  • Coraline - Lost City
    edited September 2014
    nbreaking wrote: »
    Are you sure you picked the base quest up? (You can only complete the 2 mob hunting dailies, not the others)
    Are you sure you haven't completed them after midnight server time?

A way to see if any of these questions is true or false is simple. Where you have your base quest in blue, it should have the quest objective below in white. Do you have these white letters below the base quest? (You know, saying like "Target X mob (0/10)")

Also, even if you had the 30 points you wouldn't be able to complete the 100+ BH I since it requires current lvl 100 to complete like you said, so, that wouldn't make a difference.
    I might have a stacked faction quest, I'll complete the one in my quest log now to see. I'm catching up on dailies since I had work today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol what?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You cant use points or gain any if you have not taken the quest and turn it in the same day. If you have a quest stacked from the previous day that gave credit yesterday. You can not use it today if that is not a quest that gives credit. Once the day switches over, it does not matter if you have or have not turned the quest in. This happened a few times when I was stacking bh's.

They switch every day just like nuema
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz