PvP Guide for Barbs

Options
2»

Comments

• Big_barbs - Harshlands
    Big_barbs - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    thanks for the help with pvp and pve but what is the best way to lvl up fast?
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Hard work, determination, etc etc.. Pretty much, at your level, just do your BHs, Crazy Stone, and do a bit of grinding. Once you hit 60, you can do public quest also. That helps a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
  • Birdie - Raging Tide
    Birdie - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    heyy thanks for the help but can u do one more thing for us noobies can u make a litle key and tell us what some of the abbreviations mean such as AA i have no idea what that is lol but any ways thanks man its already been a great help
  • TankedBeast - Lost City
    TankedBeast - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    AA= Arcane Armour. LA= Light Armour. HA=Heavy Armour
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Leader of Sangnati (Latin for Blood Born/Nation)
    We can be your best friend... Or your worst enemy...
    Which would you prefer?
    b:sin
    100 Sage/Vit/Tank Barb
    101 Demon/Fist/5.0 BM
    Yes, 5.0 really is OP. Yet, I still got it... b:chuckle
  • Ragnar_Angel - Sanctuary
    Ragnar_Angel - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Don't pvp and hardly ever duel. But that may become handy, cause I'm pure tank to.
  • CoolRebirth - Archosaur
    CoolRebirth - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head with most of those classes. However, what alot of people don't realize is that a stealthed sin will usually show himself to stun you when you spark- this is RISKY, but hit Violent Triumph then spark, watch the sin try to stun you, mighty swing, untamed wrath, then go to town on him with mighty swing(sages use Onslaught following this, demons use stomp of the beast king.). Most sins will go down from this, if not- you've got the playfield, finish it with an arma or something practical. I personally will use firestorm to end this. I'm demon, so I usually get it to cast without consuming spark.
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2012
    Options
    You forgot to add mystics in there ijs
  • Wild_Garruk - Harshlands
    Wild_Garruk - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Regarding about the arma skill if you have +10 gear and vit stones (stone of savant) and you have your weapon +10 also.. try to use with with tree of protection you can do even higher damage ohh but be careful u need to do it at the right time..

also if you do it right and you have a charm you will not tick your charm... I have use it against mobs... goes like this..

tiger form with all my buffs
    Run to the mobs and use beastial rage and then turtle shell.
    Transform into human and use tree of protection wait 1 or 2 seconds
    Then use arma you will notice that you have used the arma skill and you have all your hp and you did not have ticked your charm once...

All you need is the timing when you use the skill..

R9 Barbs are the strongest pvp players there are in my opinion.

Even saw a R9 barb killing R9 sins, wiz, bm, psy, mystic, psy, cleric, and even R9barbs in tiger form..

We are not good on tw if we are not doing the cata pull... but we can kick *** on pvp
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I don't find ToP useful in PK because it costs too much energy. If you're using ToP for arma, I would use Mire instead if you have a high str genie for pk (highly recommended). If you use ToP for survivability, use AD instead. Just a bit more energy but much much better.

Thought, I do love ToP when I'm doing uncharmeded PK back when I still had ToP on my genie.

If you're interested, I made a pretty good amount of barb PK vids on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/user/PWSeannied

R9 barbs are definitely one of the more OP'ed classes at end-game gear level. Couple that with demon barb's onslaught crit proc, you can do some serious damage with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • _Black_Tiger - Harshlands
    _Black_Tiger - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Ahhh well i have a suggestion what about stat builds???.... I mean i'm a noob barb and for other barbs they might like to know what are the best stat builds ....
  • amindian
    amindian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thank you was useful ty :)b:victoryb:victory
  • VaR$hAa// - Archosaur
    VaR$hAa// - Archosaur Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Thank you was rite advice b:victory
  • Xsewkth - Sanctuary
    Xsewkth - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    u said it that is my fave combo too especially in NW now.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Also Firestorm is VERY useful skill against HA/LA users and people who protect themselves from physical damage... I personally use this combo:

Fire increase apoth on + demon spark + untamed wrath for missing chi + firestorm and as demon I usually don't loose my spark for it.

Haven't yet looked up genie skills for it, though.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • leitemagro
    leitemagro Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    See several references in this and other threads for zerk axes.

What are zerk axes?
    Can please give me an example of name of ones?
    They are useful for pvp or pve too?
  • Arocus - Archosaur
    Arocus - Archosaur Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    leitemagro wrote: »
    See several references in this and other threads for zerk axes.

What are zerk axes?
    Can please give me an example of name of ones?
    They are useful for pvp or pve too?

Zerk axes are axes with Sacrificial Strike or God Of Frenzy, like Calamity Axes of Blood, the TT90 Gold Calloused Lionheart Hatchets, or the R9 weapon, Overlord Battleaxe.

I used zerk axes on my BM for pvp and pve. They're great in pvp and still pretty good in pve, but the loss of hp can hurt. I don't like using zerk axes on my barb in pve.
  • The_Plague - Dreamweaver
    The_Plague - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Remember pvp builds for barbs Vit build isn't the only viable option. Im a Demon str barb with 39k hp standup 717 str and 3 base vit atm with a 25% crit rate. In todays pvp with all the Rank 9's runnin around GOF and crits are what wins your fights keep Beastal onslaught spamed as it not only reduces their eva it increases your crit by 35% giving me a 60% crit rate for 6 sec. Chances are I will hit a gof with a crit. This can be a game changer.

Also (100 skill) Clean sweep comes in handy when it works. purge

Ansetrials rage (100 skill) is honestly one of my hardest hitting skills and great if they try to kite u sticks them in place for 8 seconds. But this skill I usually save until just before or after they tick/Puri proc.

Happy Hunting love barbs b:victory
  • leitemagro
    leitemagro Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Made some questions when post reply disappear I might try put that ideas in later
  • Armageddon - Harshlands
    Armageddon - Harshlands Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Demon barb vs Sage Barb any day
    GO GO ARMA RANGER THUN THUN THUN THUN GO GO ARMA RANGER MIGHTY MORPHIN ARMA RANGER!!!
  • Black_wolve - Sanctuary
    Black_wolve - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Can some one please give me tank build vit str dex per lv doing my rebirth on barb be great to set my barb to be high in vit better tank .
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Can some one please give me tank build vit str dex per lv doing my rebirth on barb be great to set my barb to be high in vit better tank .

seriously ? you already played barb to 103 and youre asking us to tell you how to make a high vit barb ?

Well ok, just make sure you have enough dex and str to wear your gear. Put the rest in vit.
    If you mouse over your items, you can see what stats are required. Start by equiping those with the lowest requirements and work your way up until you can wear everything. Adding stats can be done by pressing the + button next to the stat in the character screen. Press Done when ready. Optionally you can now round up your dex to the multiple of 20 for an extra crit % and you could add a little extra strength so that you can still use your axe if something breaks.

As you can see, that explanation already included some extra details for the less gifted. Stat points per level however is only for complete *******.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Heavendawg - Lost City
    Heavendawg - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Excellent Job.
    They should sticky this. b:victory

I am 89 and I'm able to kill 90 to 95 sins.. Lol I usually make 10mill outta pk drops a day..
    Hat: Warsoul of Earth +6 Imbued with Immaculate Citrines 3 sockets
    Chest: Proud Plate of Corsair +3 Imbued with Flawless Citrines 4 sockets
    Legs: (forget atm I'll tell repost later)
    Boots: Shtty boots...
    Ring #1: Misty Forest Ring +2 +1 Magic
    Ring #2: Barbaric Warriors Ring +1
    Brackets: TT/HH 80 +2 Imbued with Flawless Citrines 3 sockets
    Pendant/Belt: Mystical Realm Pendant
    Necklace: Some necklace I forget the name +4 str +3 Vit
    Robe/Cape: Cape of Tauran Chieftan +4 Imbued with Immaculate Citrines 4 sockets
    Tome: +7str +6vit
    Flyer: Swiftshadow

(I'm not available to skills atm so)
    Vit: 121. Mag: 39
    Str: 305. Dex: 90
    No charm no pots...
  • beemerm6
    beemerm6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    i am a full demon str build barb. Ive got no struggle to beat any class, yet some takes some time others are 1 shot.
    Atm ive got 536 str with 301 vit and 86 dex.
    my pdef unbuffed in the panda form is 36.6k and in human form its 27k.
    hp buffed in human form is 25 135 and pnda 30 325.

So my fellow titties lets tank these ppl awaay on PWI!!!!!!

YOOSHAAA
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    beemerm6 wrote: »
    i am a full demon str build barb.
    Atm ive got 536 str with 301 vit and 86 dex.

Thats more of a vit build than a str build :p
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.