Someone tell me I'm not crazy

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
So I was on my level 75 barb today, and saw a bh59 squad world chatted. First of all it was wined which I thought was a little weird cause I don't ever remember wining bh59. And then when I whispered that I was a 75 barb I got the following response: "Not rb cant come" What??? Have people forgotten that people did these bhs no problem before there was rebirthing? And why do you need a full squad of rebirthed people for bh59? And if you have 6 rebirthed people why do you need to wine it? Someone please tell me I'm not the crazy one here b:surrender
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People are morons, nuff said, just now somehow a lot more common than it used to be!
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ppl are dumb
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not to mention 59 is one of the easiest FBs. The mobs hit for a lot less damage than other FBs. I was tanking that on my cruddy BM years ago.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And this is why I deny access from reborn ones in my BH squads on alts. b:pleased
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    And this is why I deny access from reborn ones in my BH squads on alts. b:pleased
    Man I gotta start doing that

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Okay... that's seriously sad if it is a reawakened squad only and they need wine....

But yeah, really stupid. One reawakened person can solo all of that stuff so why reject non-reawakened? I guess they wanted someone else to do all of the work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People are dumb. That's all you have to know. And no, you're not crazy.

Once I PMd someone for 59 aswell on my cleric that is lvl 79 non rb. The guy asks "Are you rb?" and I reply "No, why?" and this is what he replies back: "I only have 1 spot for a rb cleric because I want their buffs since it gives more defense" to which I replied that it's not true, the difference is that they can buff all the buffs in just 1 click if they have the primal skill and he says "Still, at least it will save the squad time"...

*Facepalm*

Mr. Justice
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually, BH59 is the one instance where I can understand wining even if the squad is overpowered for it. A lot of those mobs are runners, and the dungeon is badly designed, allowing the NPCs to scale the walls and constantly reset. Very annoying for any melee class.

But denying an unreborn access... Meh, my reborn cler solod that bh by that level. Not like you'll need extra firepower, and even a low level kitty means lots of extra hps for the party.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    nbreaking wrote: »
    People are dumb. That's all you have to know. And no, you're not crazy.

Once I PMd someone for 59 aswell on my cleric that is lvl 79 non rb. The guy asks "Are you rb?" and I reply "No, why?" and this is what he replies back: "I only have 1 spot for a rb cleric because I want their buffs since it gives more defense" to which I replied that it's not true, the difference is that they can buff all the buffs in just 1 click if they have the primal skill and he says "Still, at least it will save the squad time"...

*Facepalm*

ok that almost made me fall out my chair laughing b:thanks
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I was on my level 75 barb today, and saw a bh59 squad world chatted. First of all it was wined which I thought was a little weird cause I don't ever remember wining bh59. And then when I whispered that I was a 75 barb I got the following response: "Not rb cant come" What??? Have people forgotten that people did these bhs no problem before there was rebirthing? And why do you need a full squad of rebirthed people for bh59? And if you have 6 rebirthed people why do you need to wine it? Someone please tell me I'm not the crazy one here b:surrender

A 3x reborn ought to be able to solo that instance unwined. If they can't then one knows they just frosted to 10x then reborn without learning skills, doing culti, or earning their end game armor. I'm currently reborn and solo all my BH up to 99. If I'm nice I invite someone else who needs it. But this is pretty bad.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    At 55ish I went in solo on each of my toons- veno, cleric, mystic and wiz- at 1st awakening and hypered them juicy mobs, the exp was awesome too. At that lvl I could pop holy path to lure the whole mobs on one elemental path to boss, AD and kill them all. A charm help, but one can do it with pots as well. It takes very little time and effort on a g16 toon, with less gear it would be easy as well, just not as fast.
    That being said, it's not the first aberration of this sort I have seen since rebirth has been introduced. The most out there was an fc squad where the leader was demanding on wc for rebirths only, and he was a lvl 87 unawakened sin. Like really, they wanted to stay and kick back while the others did the work, really nice.
    People have always been and will always be lazy, dumb and conceited.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's like when people want you to link weapons for BH GV 2. It's stupid. I've been doing gv since I had my hh90 gold crossbow and able to do it fine but they want overkill on a super easy bh.

I understand wining for bh59 though. It's annoying to kill all the mobs that run around but still, it should be easy to clear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think there is a bit of over-reaction going down here.

It is perfectly understandable why someone who is RB might not want to include non RB people in a routine run. They know they can breeze through it, rinse and repeat, quickly.

An RB toon is a fairly known factor, while non-RB toons can be a real grab bag. Why take someone who might slow you down when there are plenty of RB's available that will breeze through with you.

Factions already restrict some classes entry unless they are RB. Half the game now is RB only now.

From a non-RB players point of view, I don't want to squad with RB toons and understand completely if they don't want to squad with me. Squadding with RB toon as a non RB toon means they kill most every thing before you can even get close to it.

Get used to the fall out of PWI so vastly expanding the effective class and gear levels.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually, BH59 is the one instance where I can understand wining even if the squad is overpowered for it. A lot of those mobs are runners, and the dungeon is badly designed, allowing the NPCs to scale the walls and constantly reset. Very annoying for any melee class.

But denying an unreborn access... Meh, my reborn cler solod that bh by that level. Not like you'll need extra firepower, and even a low level kitty means lots of extra hps for the party.

yes its very annoying but i figure i'll make them run up the wall then let them reset and kill them when they return to their spot or use a bow and demon spark killing as many as i can..

i have saved alot of money not wining its a waste
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's just sad.

Won't take a 75 barb into a BH59 because he's not rebirthed. That's really really sad. I'm a caster, so the running part has never bothered me much, but still...A WINED bh59, and they can't take a 75 barb that's not rebirthed. That's truly truly sad.

Oh, and the 79 cleric not being invited is embarrassingly sad as well. I still have the normal squad buffs...so the question is which takes longer....Having a cleric buff with normal squad buffs OR WC'ing to find a cleric (one of the more uncommon classes)...one that's rebirthed and not just soloing the instance because the they can,...all for the purpose of having the cleric buff with the primal skill...and if they're like me, and don't have it....then LOLOLOLOLOL.

But seriously...I understand non-reborns wanting to squad with non-reborns. Its super boring just following behind someone as they pull the whole dungeon, as you struggle to hit one mob. And I'm second rebirth, and I see it. I even respect that, and occassionally, I'll take on a healing role instead of a tank, if a squad is looking for a cleric for a low leveled bh.

That said, I understand why the high leveled player doesn't mitigate their damage either. It is kind of frustrating to stand there and watch players attacking a mob...that you're capable of one shotting...all the while you're spamming heals, and you're losing mp herbs, because you're full sage/demon, or have level 10 heals, and they're costing a lot of mp herbs...when all you need to do is pull the dungeon, and cast tempest.

That's the normal issue with rebirth/non-rebirth squads. As far as declining a non-rb from joining. I've never denied anyone from joining. If you can enter the instance, and of appropriate level, you can join. Heck, I've allowed level 30's players to enter a bh59 that I was tanking (Before rebirth even existed), because they wanted to see what they were in for later, and they knew the person that I was helping. So this whole, I won't allow non-rebirths for speed is stupid.

And no demondude. You aren't crazy. They're the crazy ones.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes you are crazy!!!
    BH 59 is too much for you!
    only Rebirth R9r3+ 10 are allowed! b:laugh
    full +10 or GTFO!!!
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm actually wondering what's wrong with these rebirth people that they need a squad for bh59 o_o ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    annnnnd they want me to communicate with these ppl? NTY
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm actually wondering what's wrong with these rebirth people that they need a squad for bh59 o_o ...

Exactly this. Being RB and able to equip your level 100/101 gear and weapons by level 55 to 60, everyone should be able to solo all their BH dungeons up to 89 at least as they progress. If they can't, chances are they lived in FC and have no clue what to do.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I remember 3-4 years ago, I was doing doing BH59 with only one other player, so seriously if 2 players was able to do it 3-4 years ago, then people have seriously a big problem if they just ask for rebirth people and wines... lawl...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Xainou:
    its easier to run with a squad. also if you need it and can solo it, y not let someone else come? if its a low level they need the bh to help level or for culti and if its not they need it as well.

i get the getting a squad part. i DONT get the "we want rbs only" thing. i DID talk to a guy running 69 like that and the only reason he didnt want low levels is cuz of the aoes on Gaurnob and Polearm and he didnt have a healer.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Xainou:
    its easier to run with a squad. also if you need it and can solo it, y not let someone else come? if its a low level they need the bh to help level or for culti and if its not they need it as well.

Depends. I rather go solo because then I don't have to bring a class to heal them, nor do I enjoy letting people stand back and be lazy. They'll will keep that mentality at endgame.

But then again, that wasn't the discussion. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    When my sin was rb2 doing bh59 I really had to convince another sin to let me stealth it for him. He squadded me when I offered to help and then kicked me when he saw my level lol. I politely educated him and he was very sceptical until we got to zimo and killed him in 2 seconds. Needless to say I just stealthed it solo after that.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    People will always try to find the easy/lazy way out but this is pretty ridiculous...

(Well except for those that rather work hard for the satisfaction that follows.)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    In fact there can be a reason why reborn doesn't want non reborn player in squad:

- newers can be considerably slower (many times I encountered ppl who wouldn't spend a coin on teleport but flying all their way taking their time turning in every boss after each kill, slowing whole squad down)
    - non reborn in lvl 40 gear (and they rarely bother wearing anything better these days, even good if they found out about dreamchaser packs and managed to use them) has better chance to die accidentally passing mobs by, plus they probably don't know exactly which mobs can be passed easily in case they have to catch other squad members up.

When I was 70+ I soloed my bh59 and prefered to do it alone or with friends than with random ppl who don't know how to pass mobs and to survive accidental agro, never carry pots or crab meat, never use genie or have any useful skills on it, complain they have no money for tp. It was faster to solo. And it was about 4years ago when there weren't that many frost babies and you could find decent squad without wait-a-bit-i-will-bring-my-main-to-do-it-for-us players. I haven't done low lvl BHs for ages, but it's actually why I stopped. I had fun there on low lvl alts before buying/selling frost became mainstream.

On the other hand the fact that reborn squad needed wine says it wasn't the case, speaks for itself and not in their favor. But just saying, that "only rb" requirement is not always that unreasonable as it seems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    -facepalm-

RA people these days, I guess RA ing your toon still doesn't activated their brains b:chuckle

BH59 is easy and wine isnt really necessary unless you are planning to lure all boss into central platform for boss battle royale b:laugh.

My cleric can solo all BHs since she got reborn, off course with full nirvy s3 gear and skills. And I only solo my BHs if I want that particular nuema, otherwise I wc for member once I cleared all mobs for xp and wait at bh boss.

I can see that most prople are in rush to RA their toons without preparation, resulting most RA toon doesnt have a clue how to lvl back to 100 b:surrender

RA squad only is as bad as weapon link squad imo.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Although I havent seen one of the weapon link squads in a long time

• ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Basically:

RA squad: we don't want non-RA noobs. We want fast run. No time to teach. We don't want to carry people on our backs.

Non-RA squad: we don't want RA people because they'll end up tanking/soloing and ruining the fun for us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Although I havent seen one of the weapon link squads in a long time

This reminds me of when I saw people forming weapon link squads for bh39. I've seen other squads asking for a +10 sin to tank it for them. b:surrender

Edit: And yes, I do mean for bh39. (That weapon link squad was asking explicitly for high leveled help...AND wanted them to link the weapon too.

The +10 or better, sin only, IDK if they were asking for weapon links....but my guess is they were...
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    LOL i never understood a lot of peoples attitudes in the game these days. to the ones who wanna rush thru everything, WHY play a game if your not actually gonna PLAY it? o.o one of my favorite things i saw was a rebirth FC squad looking for a RB tank for FC 70-80 and a seeker joins to tank, she's lvl 72 non rebirth. they are skeptical about letting her oin and she told them "if your that concerned if i die once you can boot me and find a new tank". she did bigger pulls then some barbs at lvl 90 xD and some how she was the only one that DIDN'T die.

So yea.. RB only squad for anything just seems like overkill.