Need help from a GM!

ca7elf
ca7elf Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Hi everyone.

I'm a 61 Level venomancer and today, I was going to tame a rare Shadou Cub with my friend, who is also a venomancer. So we met at the place where Shadou Cub spawns and waited for it. Other venos came too of course, but this isn't the problem.

My said friend, wanted to tame it yesterday night but an assassin came and killed the bear instantly. At that time I thought he was just walking by and happened to kill it (I was not with my friend at that moment).

The next day he managed to tame it, as he learned the bear's respawn hour but he said the said assassin who killed the bear came shortly after he tamed the bear.

And finally, I was suppose to tame Shadou Bear tonight. I levelled up my taming skill and waited for it as I mentioned above. But this said assassin came before the bear's respawn hour and as the bear respawned, he killed it for no reason and then he just log off.

Before that I asked him why did he killed the bear yesterday night, but I got no reply.

But luckily, I have his name, it's -. I think he's an alt as his name suggests so (even though he is 83 level). I have no idea why is he doing that. My friend suggested that he's selling rare pet eggs/all class pets for money and other venos taming them means losing a customer, which makes sense.

Bonus: So after -removed- killed the bear, we wanted to check other rare pets like kitty and piggy. I went for the kitty. There was a venomancer at kitty's place and she said a man killed the kitty, I asked if it was a sin and she said yes (I took scs). I asked her if it was -removed- and she said she doesn't remember. The interesting part is, after she said a sin killed the kitty, it respawned and she killed it. I asked her why did she killed it and she said she pressed the wrong button. I don't want to sound like a paranoiac but I'm suspecting her, I think he is actually the sin who killed the bear and wants the rare pets for himself. But as this is an assumption I will not name her nick because, as I said I'm not sure it's just a theory.

Please, do something about this. I'm playing at Archosaur server. Please help me.
Post edited by ca7elf on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can't name players here, it is against rules.

His offensive behaviour may be qualified as harassment, make a ticket with an screenshot of him killing the bear and hope for an answer.
  • ca7elf
    edited August 2014

His offensive behaviour may be qualified as harassment, make a ticket with an screenshot of him killing the bear and hope for an answer.

Thank you, I didn't know that.

I hope he stops doing that. Yes, I should take a sc. Thanks for the advice.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is this problem happening to you on Raging Tides Server? If so then yes that person has been to doing this for years. They do it for both spawn times and attempt to kill or tame every rare pet themselves. I'd highly recommend reporting the issue with proof. Some people just love being complete dicks. This person seems to be VERY VERY committed to doing this over and over.
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes what server are you on?

1. Take screenshot, or note his name and send in a ticket.

2. If you're on HT, I can give you the pet egg. I have a few. :D
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Since when killing mobs is harassment?

Kill stealing isn't against any rules, nvm tamable mobs or not.

No one will get punish for killing 1 mob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ca7elf
    edited August 2014
    @Wolfman
    No. I'm playing in Archosaur server but it's really sad to hear that same thing happens in Raging Tide server too. Again, thanks for the advice, I'll take a sc as quick as I can.

@Bella

I disaggre with you. Rare pets are for venomancers. No other class gains a benefit from them and there is no questline that requires to kill rare pets like Shadou Bear or Windwalking Piggy. I'm not talking about regular tamable pets, I'm talking about rare pets. It's like killing a newly discovered dino for no reason.

@Caitlin

Thank you! But as I mentioned above I play in Arch. Thanks anyway ^.^
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ca7elf wrote: »
    @Wolfman
    No. I'm playing in Archosaur server but it's really sad to hear that same thing happens in Raging Tide server too. Again, thanks for the advice, I'll take a sc as quick as I can.

@Bella

I disaggre with you. Rare pets are for venomancers. No other class gains a benefit from them and there is no questline that requires to kill rare pets like Shadou Bear or Windwalking Piggy. I'm not talking about regular tamable pets, I'm talking about rare pets. It's like killing a newly discovered dino for no reason.

@Caitlin

Thank you! But as I mentioned above I play in Arch. Thanks anyway ^.^

There is no such thing as a kill steal in PWI. It has always been this way. It may suck for you, but that mob does not belong to you. I am also sure it is not harassment as it happens everyday with or without you.
    edited August 2014

I don't want to sound rude, but you won't achieve anything by sending a SS of someone killing a mob.

If you even type ''kill steal'' when you try to send a ticket you will get that:

*"Kill stealing" is not illegal in our game. Remember that monsters do not actually belong to any player, and that the player/squad that does the most damage will gain the majority of the EXP as well as the loot that the mob drops.

The only time that a GM will intervene is if one player begins following another player from zone to zone, attacking the same mobs/harassing them in general for an extended period of time. At this point it would be considered player harassment.*

The guy killed 1 mob, he didn't followed you (you said yourself the veno was there first as it's probably not even the same person) and he didn't harassed you or anything, he didn't even spoke to you.

EDIT:
    @Bella

The tamable mobs can be turn into all-class pets which can be use by all classes, not only by veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    To the OP:

Everyone seems to state that it's not against the game rules, but I understand you're frustrated.

1. Alternative: look for sellers? They can be really cheap because of all the legendary pets - herc, nix - going on sale a couple of times.

2. Do not actively camp that point over and over again as it'll just frustrate you even more. Check out other rare pets, or use that time training or doing point 1.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • ca7elf
    edited August 2014
    @Bella

He is probably doing it everyday for some unknown reason. He has no benefit from killing a rare mob that isn't made for his class.

You need a venomancer to tame rare pets (like every other tamable mob), which turns them into pet eggs, no other class can make all class pets but venomancers (well, if you have eggs then you can make an all-class pet but as I said you need a veno for pet eggs). Killing the rare pet will not magically give him an all-class pet.

It's not about me. I wasn't the only veno around there. There was at least 2 other venos excluding me and my friend.

You know he is a d!ck. Please don't encourage people to do unlogical things just because they can.

And yes, rare pets are belongs to venomancers. If it was the other veno who tamed it then I would have been completely OK with it but a sin showing up and killing the mob that isn't made for his class is completely unlogical, serves no purpose and done for numerous times. Which is annoying as hell. The game may not have a rule regarding this situtaion but rules are not always enough for a harmonic playing environment.

@Caitlin

Yes, I can look for the shops but it sounds a little unlogical to me as I can tame it for free all myself. But as you said I'll look for a shadou bear egg if he (the sin) shows up again ^.^
    edited August 2014
    @Bella

He is probably doing it everyday for some unknown reason. He has no benefit from killing a rare mob that isn't made for his class.

You know he is a d!ck. Please don't encourage people to do unlogical things just because they can.

I'm not encouraging people to act like jerks, but I don't encourage people wasting other people's time, if you send a ticket for ONE mob kill you will make the GM waste his time for something that isn't illegal, time that could be use on an other player with a real problem.

It's not about if I know or not that he's a jerk, it's about that kill stealing isn't illegal and it always have being that way, you maybe not like that, but that's the way it is and going more far (sending a ticket) for something that you know isn't illegal is selfish, you gonna waste someone's time that could be use for something more important than one sin killing one mob. (cause according to your first post you only saw him do it one time)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ca7elf
    edited August 2014
    *sigh*

Yes, I only saw him once but my friend saw him for at least 2 times.

Let's see if he will show up the next time. I hope he proves me wrong.

Edit:

And please it will only take 1 sec to click a button and see my ticket and if it's not against the rules and gms are uncapable of stopping him then they will just press delete. It's not like it will take hours.

If they can help me and other venos that suffers from this annoying sin then they can waste their time on it because it will worth it.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just buy one. i did that. Id give you mine but i kinda need it for now for when i rebirth this veno for a 2nd time.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • ca7elf
    edited August 2014
    Just buy one. i did that. Id give you mine but i kinda need it for now for when i rebirth this veno for a 2nd time.

Aww, thank you. Honestly, you guys saying you would give it to me makes me more happier than you actually giving it.

Lately, I don't see any veno-related cat shops. I wanted to buy a cage and even wced my request but I didn't manage to find a cage nor getting an offer.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The tamable mobs can be turn into all-class pets which can be use by all classes, not only by veno.

Oh really, how does a sin tame a mob and turn it into a all-class pet? There's really no reason any class to be killing a Veno only pet.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @Bella

You need a venomancer to tame rare pets (like every other tamable mob), which turns them into pet eggs, no other class can make all class pets but venomancers (well, if you have eggs then you can make an all-class pet but as I said you need a veno for pet eggs). Killing the rare pet will not magically give him an all-class pet.

It's not about me. I wasn't the only veno around there. There was at least 2 other venos excluding me and my friend.

And yes, rare pets are belongs to venomancers. If it was the other veno who tamed it then I would have been completely OK with it but a sin showing up and killing the mob that isn't made for his class is completely unlogical, serves no purpose and done for numerous times. Which is annoying as hell. The game may not have a rule regarding this situtaion but rules are not always enough for a harmonic playing environment.

@Caitlin

Yes, I can look for the shops but it sounds a little unlogical to me as I can tame it for free all myself. But as you said I'll look for a shadou bear egg if he (the sin) shows up again ^.^

That's unlikely to do anything anyways, since a common veno tactic from 2008 on was to kill the pet if they didn't get their tame skill going first. And since venos were being jerks to other venos, even when then it was just for spite, and nothing was done; chances are someone else being a jerk for spite won't cause anything to happen either. And this was occurring when GMs were on the system chat and in game, absentee GMs are less likely to do anything.
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let's be honest here, PWI really won't care!!

So someone logs an alt to kill a mob for the hell of it. That's just petty ignorance & selfishness and one day, it'll come back to bite them big time.

HOWEVER

As for people saying to go buy one, **** that, why should people have to pay for something that's for free and it's only ruined by some fckwit thinking they are so clever....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I doubt anything can be done and will be done about that. It's just a mob, even though it's rare. Another solution: ask a friend to pull a boss to the spot which can do some noticeable aoe damage to 83lvl sin and get channeling pots to cast taming skill instantly (though you will have to lower its hp before that anyway). Bear spawns in 2 spots. Does he really camp them both?

And again I'm glad I'm on pvp server, so many troubles can be solved by simple pk b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Get an expel for your genie if you don't already have it- and if this sin shows up, expel them when the bear spawns.

That's hoping they don't have protections on.

Idiots like that **** me off too, but that's just how it is. When I was a low lvl veno trying to tame my armoured bear, this other veno kept coming there, stealing it from me for weeks in a row, even when they clearly could tell I needed it, and they had like a million of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ca7elf
    edited August 2014
    OK. It is a far more complicated situation then it seems.

The sin was the good guy all along (plot twist!). He is killing the bear because an another veno tames all other rare pets with his alts and the sin thought I was one of the alts. This said veno is doing it for over 1 year and curses the venos who tames the pets before him. Today I talked with the sin and he said I can tame it the next time, which I did. While I was waiting for the bear, this other veno was there too. Luckily for me, the bear was wandering around and I found it first.

Even though I managed to tame it, the problem is still there. This veno sells rare pet eggs for at least 500k and is not letting other venos tame them (all of his alts wears a wep with -channeling time).
    edited August 2014
    I doubt anything can be done and will be done about that. It's just a mob, even though it's rare. Another solution: ask a friend to pull a boss to the spot which can do some noticeable aoe damage to 83lvl sin and get channeling pots to cast taming skill instantly (though you will have to lower its hp before that anyway). Bear spawns in 2 spots. Does he really camp them both?

And again I'm glad I'm on pvp server, so many troubles can be solved by simple pk b:chuckle

I like how you suggest to someone to break the TOS.

Luring a boss in an area to kill people IS banable.

You shouldn't suggest people to break the TOS as solution.

@ca7elf: I did link it yesterday, but you must have miss it, but here I'll put it again for you:

*"Kill stealing" is not illegal in our game. Remember that monsters do not actually belong to any player, and that the player/squad that does the most damage will gain the majority of the EXP as well as the loot that the mob drops.*

This isn't me saying that, that's actually in the support page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]