Cant Open the Game

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Support Desk
This just started today. I go into Arc and hit play on PWI on the side. Arc minimizes like it usually does, but PWI launcher never opens. Any ideas how to get it open? And why it's not opening?

b:thanks
EDIT: UPDATE -> I tried opening directly from launcher file, and the little box with the 2 loading bars pops up, they fill and says update completed, and then the launcher never opens. Also tried opening elementclient directly and it doesn't open
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Most likely it's your antivirus, however you didn't give enough information to realy say much more than check your AV settings that the entire client folder is excluded like it should be, and then verify three times.

Read my sticky, then post more info if that doesn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    didnt actually do anyhting but its working today
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • alferinclan
    alferinclan Posts: 4
    edited August 2014
    Hi, I just downloaded the game yesterday but after I installed it it says "ELEMENT CLIENT HAS STOPPED WORKING" I already tried to find the possible solution on this forum but it seems even the developer don't know how to fix it or doesn't have an IDEA. I saw a lot of tread about this topic but I found no answer. So I tried some of the suggestions on this forum like, Removing AV, Updating Drivers, Framerworks, Devices, DirectX and all posible staff that might help to run the game but nothing works. I also tried to run the game on different laptop and PC but the problem still persist. By the way I'm using high end laptop with updated drivers and ETC.

I'm looking forward for fast feedback ASAP thank you

PS' I'm really excited to play PWI again b:sad
    edited August 2014
    Going to need dxdiag and a link to a published Speccy report to even start looking at the issue. Details are in my sticky thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alferinclan
    edited August 2014
    You mean the software?
    edited August 2014
    You mean the software?

Read the following thread....
    Sticky: BEFORE YOU POST ~ Please Read This

Pay particular attention the the bottom section of the first post I made titled, "What do you need to post?", that is inside Section Three.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alferinclan
    edited August 2014
    How can I attach files? Can't see it in the menu.?
    edited August 2014
    How can I attach files? Can't see it in the menu.?

You don't you publish the Speccy report to the web and include the link to the published report as a hyperlink in your post.

The dxidag report you copy and paste in using the CODE tag around it.

Links with more detailed instructions were included in the posts I made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alferinclan
    edited August 2014
    I have send the DXdiag and log files on PWI team on Gmail.

b:surrender I don't understand what you are saying, don't speak like tony stark sir.
  • dakwa1
    dakwa1 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Most likely it's your antivirus, however you didn't give enough information to realy say much more than check your AV settings that the entire client folder is excluded like it should be, and then verify three times.

Read my sticky, then post more info if that doesn't work.

Quit blaming the anti-virus. I never had to close my anti-virus until this last update, and now even closing it I have to reload that last patch everytime I start the game. The problem in in the last update. Something was messed up and it is causing problems with loading. Put the blame where the blame belongs, it was a mess up on the update.
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dakwa1 wrote: »
    Quit blaming the anti-virus. I never had to close my anti-virus until this last update, and now even closing it I have to reload that last patch everytime I start the game. The problem in in the last update. Something was messed up and it is causing problems with loading. Put the blame where the blame belongs, it was a mess up on the update.

Mhm, it totally is. Must be when it's affecting one player within thousands ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dakwa1 wrote: »

The only mess up on the update is that your software ate the client.

If it were a problem with the update itself, EVERYONE would be having a problem. Not just the peons that ignore sound advice. The issue with antivirus software and the client has been around since the beginning.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    There's an avatar I haven't seen in a while. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)