Options
    There's rubberbanding? Must be new...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • kirovallemont
    kirovallemont Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I always experienced it. Does having an inferior computer makes you have rubberband?
  • intruderbelow
    intruderbelow Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I always experienced it. Does having an inferior computer makes you have rubberband?

No mate, it's a bunch of important factors, from your broadband to the server ocupation. Usually these are the things that affect more, since rubberband comes from a high latency (time to aquire response from server and update it) from both your side and PWE's. Your machine only affects graphism and some local lag/frozen issues.
  • tinocomi
    tinocomi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Why does it exists?
    Because everything it shouldn't exist is on PWI... They don't have machines good enough to provide us with a good timed response.
    Why is it not fixed yet?
    #DemPWEStaff
    -Should- it be fixed?
    Why would you still ask? I kinda hate when I'm running and I'm teleported back a few meters because the damn servers can't provide me a good latency... Don't we all think like that?
    Notice: Any game is better than PWI atm, so give PWI a break and go try other MMOs! Do it...
    PM me if you want more information about the best MMOs (Warning: biased opinion upon trial)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    No mate, it's a bunch of important factors, from your broadband to the server ocupation. Usually these are the things that affect more, since rubberband comes from a high latency (time to aquire response from server and update it) from both your side and PWE's. Your machine only affects graphism and some local lag/frozen issues.

That is the main problem but not the only thing, leftover fragments of objects in the map itself also creates rubber banding.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well, we have always had rubberbanding from as far back as i can remember. But... i have certainly noticed more rubberbanding from this latest expansion adding to primal world i believe, or at least some recent patch around it. I never used to rubberband on top of archosaur's walls and on flat ground by simply walking, and similar type of flat surfaces. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    tinocomi wrote: »
    Because everything it shouldn't exist is on PWI... They don't have machines good enough to provide us with a good timed response.

#DemPWEStaff

Why would you still ask? I kinda hate when I'm running and I'm teleported back a few meters because the damn servers can't provide me a good latency... Don't we all think like that?

>This entire post

Yeah, sure. "Because the servers can't provide me a good latency".
    Do you even network bro?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There are spots that always create rubberbanding, like the exit from the Nexus of Luminance in Morai, always kicks me back like 3 times there. Also the spot that won't let you get out of the lake in Lunar. And that spot around the fence in Primal world where you do the Stronghold assault daily, very nice timing when I lure away the mobs and my Summer sprint+Feral is about to wear off b:laugh
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,812 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sorry this is something I cant log as its a limitation of the system.

Thanks,
  • tinocomi
    edited September 2014
    Options
    >This entire post

Yeah, sure. "Because the servers can't provide me a good latency".
    Do you even network bro?

Since the definition of latency is: "In a network, latency, a synonym for delay, is an expression of how much time it takes for a packet of data to get from one designated point to another. In some usages (for example, AT&T), latency is measured by sending a packet that is returned to the sender and the round-trip time is considered the latency.". Since the problem isn't from my 24Mbps DL/2Mbps UL Connection, the problem resides on the server connection and post-processing... The server gives out high pitch latency...

Now, please explain yourself, because I see no reason to outrage me through some correct argument...
    Notice: Any game is better than PWI atm, so give PWI a break and go try other MMOs! Do it...
    PM me if you want more information about the best MMOs (Warning: biased opinion upon trial)
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    <Copy+Paste> Since the problem isn't from my 24Mbps DL/2Mbps UL Connection, the problem resides on the server connection and post-processing... The server gives out high pitch latency...

Wrong. There are other components between you and the server, one of which can be causing your problems. But you probably know that since you googled it.

Read Sylen's sticky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • tinocomi
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Wrong. There are other components between you and the server, one of which can be causing your problems. But you probably know that since you googled it.

Read Sylen's sticky.

Link some thoughts then... My ISP, package handling and providing systems are not the problem. Dude, I don't think you know what you're defending... Whatever that is. And since it's a shared problem, frequent on different types of network, I am 100% sure this is a server response latency. YOU are wrong.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Since the definition of latency is: "In a network, latency, a synonym for delay, is an expression of how much time it takes for a packet of data to get from one designated point to another. In some usages (for example, AT&T), latency is measured by sending a packet that is returned to the sender and the round-trip time is considered the latency.". Since the problem isn't from my 24Mbps DL/2Mbps UL Connection, the problem resides on the server connection and post-processing... The server gives out high pitch latency...

Now, please explain yourself, because I see no reason to outrage me through some correct argument...

And this part:
    "In a network, latency, a synonym for delay, is an expression of how much time it takes for a packet of data to get from one designated point to another.

Is what you seem to completely misunderstand.

Now explain how I with a 90Mb downstream sometimes get a skyhigh ping, and someone else with a 8Mb downstream gets a way better ping at some times on the same server?

Exactly, different routes.
    Don't try to defend things you can not defend or do not understand.

Your only point is MUH INTERNETS ARE FAST ENOUGH SO IT CANT BE ME IT MUST BE PWE.
    Which is pretty much the same point everyone uses with a complete lack of understanding of how networks work.
    Soon™
  • tinocomi
    edited September 2014
    Options
    And this part:

Is what you seem to completely misunderstand.

Now explain how I with a 90Mb downstream sometimes get a skyhigh ping, and someone else with a 8Mb downstream gets a way better ping at some times on the same server?

Exactly, different routes.
    Don't try to defend things you can not defend or do not understand.

Different locations, Wired/Wi-fi, distance to server and/or distance to provider are just some examples and the list is endless... I find it very funny when you're acusing a software engineer for misunderstanding the meaning of "Latency" when you're bringing ping issues to a Rubberband discussion, which has much less to do with ping. I experience Rubberband and Lag, two different things yet with something in common... Guess what: Server response and game programming. This conversation has no meaning, since you guys seem to know stuff brough out from some kind of uncredentialed blog or whatever.

Have a nice day.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Different locations, Wired/Wi-fi, distance to server and/or distance to provider are just some examples and the list is endless... I find it very funny when you're acusing a software engineer for misunderstanding the meaning of "Latency" when you're bringing ping issues to a Rubberband discussion, which has much less to do with ping. I experience Rubberband and Lag, two different things yet with something in common... Guess what: Server response and game programming. This conversation has no meaning, since you guys seem to know stuff brough out from some kind of uncredentialed blog or whatever.

Have a nice day.

#DemPWEStaff

K lol.

You do realize Latency is a 1 way (you to server OR server to you) and ping is a roundtrip (you to server, server to you) I hope.
    There's a lot more to it than you are claiming here.
    Soon™