SO lets try...

Options
slapyourgrandma
slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
SO after a good month of arduous labor, I created a veno as an alt and decided to purchase Mr. Herc. My second character in the game, so its taking me awhile to learn the ins and outs. I'm really enjoying the veno class so I started researching google pages and everyone's opnions about what they do, etc but still had some questions. For example....When you use the Herc's skills, such as "Protect" how do you know it is active? I don't see any symbol, etc around him that would tell me when it would wear off. Also, is it more of a feel when you know you lose aggro? Or is there an equation to avoid it? I'm building my char as a full arcane veno but also wondering as I get to and end game type of veno, that maybe heavy armour is better? My reasoning behind that is that higher bosses and mobs tend to have magic atk that are ranged so if I'm really losing aggro off the herc and the mob is running to me, 9 times out of ten I would venture to guess that the mob will use physical damage. I'm sure these are newbie questions...but was hoping someone can shed light or provide a little help. BTW, I'm lvl 40 now and just got my Herc to level 25 (baby steps)
Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
Post edited by slapyourgrandma on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    When you select the Hercules (just like you select a player or a mob) you can see whether it has buffs or not. If the pet is buffed it will display icons like the ones you have on yourself when you're buffed.

Right now starting with full magic or adding some Vit for a Vit build will give you the easier time since HA is a little more complex with its requirements. I'm sure as you level up and learn your Venomancer, you'll be able to decide what build you want when you hit 100 (HA, AA pure magic, AA Vit etc.). If not, this forum is here to help.

I can't say there's a way to tell you're going to loose aggro but as you level up and your attack rises, the pet will have a harder time keeping aggro off of you. The common way of avoiding that is to hold back. Let the pet get some hits in before you start attacking a monster. On [?] bosses and monsters, however, the pets deal full damage compared to your reduced damage and thus, you won't have problems with stealing aggro. There are cases during which a player can steal aggro off a pet on [?] bosses but that's because their gear/attack is so good/high (usually lvl100+), but at lvl100 you can evolve the Hercules which does get a really powerful aggro skill so it gets back on track.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well if you learn how to control your damage your herc won't lose aggro to you, until you are level 100 just control your damage. At level 100 you will be able to evolve your herc and then you should have no issue, my veno isn't pure magic (I have some vit), but still AA and with my evolved herc I can DD as much as I want without any risk to get aggro on me.

Before getting my evolved herc what I was doing for not stealing aggro was to not DD constantly, I was doing 1-3 damage skills, then heal my herc, then 1-3 skills, heal herc, etc... I never got an issue with that, even before I get my herc and with my evolved herc I don't even need to be careful I can fully DD and he hold aggro like a pro.

The only tips I can give you in case you steal aggro is: If you stole aggro while your herc is still alive, don't run away, run toward your pet and try to make him get back aggro. So basically move in a way that your herc can hit the boss so he can get aggro back.

The rest will come with experience. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • slapyourgrandma
    slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the info!
    Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I forgot to mention that my veno is G16, so I don't know if R9rr need to control their damage with their evolved herc or not, but with G16 I don't need to with my evolved herc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    With +10 Morai G15 magic sword (but HA build) I am able to pull aggro off my celestial giant (with a good mood) on the bosses in 79, so yeah, with good enough gear you'll need to control your damage if you don't want aggro even after evolution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    about agro... I'm totally pure aa r9rr+10 veno and doing TT with my celestial herc (with a bit changed buffs) problems with agro I may count on fingers of my one hand, and still will have some free fingers (most fingers are taken by bosses with random agro) b:laugh

ofc I'm look out a bit with my agro speciall after sage spark and tons of debuffs but even then herc is doing his work very well...

(buffs and mood I may write later if You want, when I will back from work b:avoid)
    mad veno fox mode f:fume