Mirrorflower daily

2»

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Okay, a bit of info because this guy won't feed my ego :<.

I told you what I would post if anything but you didn't want that D:

Anyhoo got inside the instance as well, it's a small room and you have like 1-2 minutes to dig as many corals/conches/pearls as possible. Small lvl [?] mobs spawn with around 40k hp that drop Pearl Pickers upon death (not all of them did so could be chance-drop).
    - Corals (hp/mp) are everywhere, haven't been able to find the differences in them though (they all have different prefixes). I got 300 MP pots (5k mp) from simply digging the smaller corals.
    - Conches (vitae) are on the sides only on 4 pre-determined spots.
    - Pearls (Primal Blood) only spawns in the giant white clam that's against a wall, can't miss it since it kinda is half the wall.

Friend found Drake in the sky (another randomized location) and we all gathered on exactly the same spot. Everyone (4-man squad) got ported inside their own room. A random bypasser not from our squad also managed to get inside the instance (and got ported in same room as me, there are only 4 possible rooms). Plenty of items to dig so it wasn't big of a problem, only missed out on digging the Pearl sadlyb:surrender
    Could be and seems like that the portal just stays open for a brief moment and only those close enough get ported in, nomatter who attacked/damaged/first hit etc.
  • VenomKisses - Sanctuary
    VenomKisses - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the info!

I don't think anyone on Sanctuary has managed to get in yet xD at least not that I know of.

It spawned at 12:15 server today. I got lucky and tried a location where it happened to spawn (directly over the teleport at Might's Outpost. I hit it for somewhere around 260k and it disappeared and ported me to the treasure room. I killed a Kraufis Kitlen and got a pearl picker which let me dig the pearl. Unfortunately I also wasted time digging the conches so my time ran out before getting to dig the pearl a second time. You'll want to try and get 2 pearls to be able to get 10 Primordial Blood. I did get 5 conches which I traded for 1000 vitae.

As with the other posts, he looks like the EG shark-with-a-helicopter flyer and was at the same height as the flying dragons and the Outpost Watcher there.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Might just put the portal randomly amongst anyone who got a hit in. Either way best bet is for everyone in the party to all attack from same spot, so you don't have to care either way. And if not in party be ready to accelerate your wings and maybe have vit genie skill to try to get there in enough time. Class skills also apply, obviously.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    with my luck ill definitely see it somewhere next year >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Might just put the portal randomly amongst anyone who got a hit in. Either way best bet is for everyone in the party to all attack from same spot, so you don't have to care either way. And if not in party be ready to accelerate your wings and maybe have vit genie skill to try to get there in enough time. Class skills also apply, obviously.

I got in w/o getting hit in, was in squad with the one who hit it though and was squad signeted on portal thingy soon after I believe. Portal aggroed me and sent me to tower. So Idk how it determines who get in, you see the portal, stand on it and hope you get in.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I got in w/o getting hit in, was in squad with the one who hit it though and was squad signeted on portal thingy soon after I believe. Portal aggroed me and sent me to tower. So Idk how it determines who get in, you see the portal, stand on it and hope you get in.

Pretty much. It's based on whether or not the portal Mob aggros on you or not. It's not exactly a regular portal I guess, as to me it seems more like a mob that aggros someone then casts a skill on them to port them (when I got in the first time it seemed that way, since after it ported the other person in my squad right away it aggro'ed me and hit me for 1 damage twice before porting me).
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited August 2014
    As this is the thread with most info about it with least amount of bogus in between:

After a few days of this event we narrowed it down to 4 spawns p/24 hrs (one of which is always middle of the night so let's say 3)
    When you get inside the rooms you can see on the minimap there are four Mirrorflower rooms, yet everyone seems to be tp'd into the same room or divided over 2 rooms. We should be divided over all 4 rooms.

The other day we were at the portal with I'd estimate near 18 people, 3 squads of 6 possible. With the info on the Event Calender about the instance (Size: 6 people), you'd think we would be divided over a minimum of 3 rooms. But instead the instance spread only about 2 rooms. About 9 people got in of the 18: 6 in one room, 3 in the other, 9 remained outside which left 2 rooms completely empty.

With the rarity of this event (3-4 times p/day) and the complete bogus randomness of it, I wanted to be sure it isn't also one of those secretly bugged instances. It should have room for 24 people (4 rooms, ea 6 people) but it seems either the portal doesn't work properly (staying long enough to TP all, not TP'ing people fast enough etc) or the other 2 rooms aren't activated correctly.

Anyone else here have the same experience on other servers?
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the awkward moment when a certain mod reads the post above mine and then realized i was actually right :) brilliant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    the awkward moment when a certain mod reads the post above mine and then realized i was actually right :) brilliant.

The more awkward time when a poster realizes what random means in reference to any computer program in existence. All are based off a constant, which means they can only emulate randomness. And that given they likely have a range of time in which they can appear, and are constrained by what the game counts as unstable locations, it would still be considered the emulated random that all programs consider random.

EDIT: Also, Sanc had it appear at around 11:42 AM server time today.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah

Ive been in the zone like 5 times when this thing has spawned and i dont even know what it looks like

a few of the times ive been able to cover the whole map on my 3.3/6.3 flyer only to see the portal open message in chat

I have no idea where this thing can or will spawn..but it seems to be the exact same people finding it over and over...

Ohh and look most of those people have family members working for pwi..how convienent..

Grats PWI for another event only your special chosen relatives are allow to participate in..
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anyone working on a map with the posted locations yet. I was also told he actually has a route he goes by after random spawn. There is not much info here on that, just random talk. Last night we had a lot of people going over the map and no one found him. I gave up after an hour and a half of looking. Does he only spawn in the reg map or story mode too.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure I have the coordinates, and honestly it's not that hard to figure out if you realize the people camping it likely aren't that intelligent. If they were, they'd have perma-stealthed assassins with magic regen gear on so that it never uses more mp that it gains to stake out the locations.

I took a chance that there were some groups not able to realize the obvious, and went searching. Found 4 spots where someone was just floating around doing nothing, all in the exact same faction. So chances are if the people on other servers use the same obvious idea and check, they'll notice a similar thing.

So stop being lazy and go find the faction camping out the two already listed spots, and then go find the other two. It's not really difficult.
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure I have the coordinates, and honestly it's not that hard to figure out if you realize the people camping it likely aren't that intelligent. If they were, they'd have perma-stealthed assassins with magic regen gear on so that it never uses more mp that it gains to stake out the locations.

I took a chance that there were some groups not able to realize the obvious, and went searching. Found 4 spots where someone was just floating around doing nothing, all in the exact same faction. So chances are if the people on other servers use the same obvious idea and check, they'll notice a similar thing.

So stop being lazy and go find the faction camping out the two already listed spots, and then go find the other two. It's not really difficult.

Yeah, there aren't "just" 4 spots, it has already over 10 spots I personally know and logged. Sofar he's still occuring at random new locations every time. Only once has it spawned anywhere close to one of his old positions. Our server has roughly 20-30 people instantly looking for him the moment the system message appears and sometimes still takes a good 20min before it's found by anyone.
    But yeh once a faction has found it, they either wait for faction mates or, like some, just start killing it solo without letting anyone else come close to it.

As for all the other speculations about it taking certain routes/orders: Nothing but speculations sofar. People already claimed it has pre-set locations, yet they are all looking for it too for 20min. Pre-set location would mean don't need to search right? "but it does have pre-set locations!" Ofc it can have, but that doesn't mean it can't spawn at random locations within all pre-set locations (randomizers, they exist). 100 pre-set locations to choose from = pretty random imo
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The more awkward time when a poster realizes what random means in reference to any computer program in existence. All are based off a constant, which means they can only emulate randomness. And that given they likely have a range of time in which they can appear, and are constrained by what the game counts as unstable locations, it would still be considered the emulated random that all programs consider random.

EDIT: Also, Sanc had it appear at around 11:42 AM server time today.

and what is wrong with 11:42?

a range of 10-12 does not include 11:42 or what? #murrica.

that 1 mod stated the spawntime is completely random, which i denied, which i am right about - cause even the most unintelligent sheep already noticed the pattern by now.

also, why would u want the rewards on a sin? and what is this? 2009, where every manapot counts? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice of there was a way to get so much as a hint where it is. It's been on rt for an hour and a half and nobody can find it. Unless I missed something.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anyone working on a map with the posted locations yet. I was also told he actually has a route he goes by after random spawn. There is not much info here on that, just random talk. Last night we had a lot of people going over the map and no one found him. I gave up after an hour and a half of looking. Does he only spawn in the reg map or story mode too.

He does not have a flight path. I found him once and he just stays hovering in the same spot until he was dead. He can also spawn inside mountains where he can't be killed or seen. Reg map only.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What does he look like?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What does he look like?

Eearthugard 3.30 flyer. The blue shark-kite thing.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Are those spots where people are hovering in the air at autopath locations? People AFK fly a lot.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i found it once but like most others have noticed certain people are finding it all the time and on dreamweaver really fast other day it spawned 1 min later it was dead.
    I for one am getting really pissed off with pwi making **** events where only certain people get to get the good stuff.
    Off topic alittle but the Saturday boss that drops card chest is a joke not sure anyone but the same squad even go there anymore since you cant out DD there squad so yet again the rich get richer while everyone else cant do *** all about it great job pwi ****** great job
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    and what is wrong with 11:42?

a range of 10-12 does not include 11:42 or what? #murrica.

that 1 mod stated the spawntime is completely random, which i denied, which i am right about - cause even the most unintelligent sheep already noticed the pattern by now.

also, why would u want the rewards on a sin? and what is this? 2009, where every manapot counts? :D

A range is not a constant, that'd be as dumb as saying it will happen somewhere between 00:01 and 24:00. Which proves that it does have random elements, unless the time shift is completely constant. I was putting the time in to give an idea of where to start collating data as well, can't really use it as if I was refuting data you never bothered to share until after the fact.

The rewards wouldn't be on a sin anyways, dimwit. They are there to watch for spawn points, and use to summon faction members who would get the reward to the spot. And since they'd be there 24/7, what idiot would use mana pots over free. That's a special kind of thinking that gets everyone a medal.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A range is not a constant, that'd be as dumb as saying it will happen somewhere between 00:01 and 24:00. Which proves that it does have random elements, unless the time shift is completely constant. I was putting the time in to give an idea of where to start collating data as well, can't really use it as if I was refuting data you never bothered to share until after the fact.

The rewards wouldn't be on a sin anyways, dimwit. They are there to watch for spawn points, and use to summon faction members who would get the reward to the spot. And since they'd be there 24/7, what idiot would use mana pots over free. That's a special kind of thinking that gets everyone a medal.

alright, so a 2 hours range equals a 24 hour range now.
    i tell u a funny fact: i see the message, i use a teleport stone to north, i go into primal and then find the portal. works everyday.
    it helps to know when the specific character shopuld be logged in, tho ;)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i still didnt manage to see it once >< and when system message appears i fly all over the already mentioned spawn points... dat unluck
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg