2x EXP Weekend

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
This weekend, starting 8/29 @ 10AM until 9/2 10AM, we will be running 2X EXP and Spirit!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks for foregoing 2x drop. The coin levels on the server are pretty absurd these days.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks for foregoing 2x drop. The coin levels on the server are pretty absurd these days.

^ Agreed ty.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • LuIlaby - Raging Tide
    LuIlaby - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    woot! b:pleased
    Your Cash, Your House, Your Phone, Your Life, Your Cash, Your House, Your Life...
    We Want your Soul...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    hearing about that new love up and down incident, i cant seem to get myself to be ecstatic >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • lbrandon
    lbrandon Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sparkie, are you going to give us an update on the FCC situation? I've been browsing the forum you replied to stating you were going to give us an update, to no avail.
    Have you heard anything from China yet? Are we going to get FCC, chat and earning time back to the way it was or are we screwed?
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This weekend, starting 8/29 @ 10AM until 9/2 10AM, we will be running 2X EXP and Spirit!

Thats kinda cool, but too bad im gone most of the weekend for a wedding <.< b:cry
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yay time to level alts!
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    hearing about that new love up and down incident, i cant seem to get myself to be ecstatic >.>
    What incident?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    x2 Yay i can waste the few hour i have at weekend farming TT and getting 2 gold mats in 20 runs WOOOOOOOOT.
    Make warsong give you 2 badges per boss on x2 id rather farm that
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    x2 Yay i can waste the few hour i have at weekend farming TT and getting 2 gold mats in 20 runs WOOOOOOOOT.
    Make warsong give you 2 badges per boss on x2 id rather farm that

It's not 2x drops. b:shocked
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    oh balls.
    Nevermind then lol who needs x2 exp botter?
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    bleh at luad i need a pocket full of 10*'s b:victory
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • killmenownub
    killmenownub Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    asssas-dfasdf asf-g as-df
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well I guess this makes the 8 hours of earning exp into a bonus of 16. b:laugh
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    What incident?

Yeah, what incident? :o
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Im 105x3... can i get a compensation for this zZzZ

b:cry
  • Ryuza_ - Raging Tide
    Ryuza_ - Raging Tide Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ty for 2x with Earning time i dont want exp :)
    Yo~.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So, what exactly is this good for? The exp from whatever I can kill in 8 hours is going to be ****, multiplied by 2 or not. I haven't really noticed a lot of difference on exp and the primary benefit of 2x was always the drops, mostly the 0.001% chance drops int TT and such, as well as double molds in Warsong. 2x EXP/spirit is pretty much a joke, hypers or not. The only benefit I would see if it multiplied with 4x/3.5x rb EXP but I really doubt it. Not that we haven't been getting 2x like almost every weekend to the point people got sick of it.

To all of you trolls waiting to call me a hyper noob - I haven't been inside Frost until high 80's, same for my alts. Occasionally me and my wife ran one (very rarely 2) FC's a day, mostly for ourselves and for an alt or 2, sometimes I joined a full run squad. I admit to buying spots sometimes as well, mostly to get the last few % so I could wear my new piece of gear/start on some new interesting quest. I even (GASP!) bought rooms on occasion, back when they were 1m exactly so I could sell 4 spots for 250k+1 free seeker, getting the EXP totally for free. Occasionally we didn't need a seeker for free so I made an extra 250k profit - basically getting paid to get EXP. I know how to use the skills of all the characters I play, and even then I learn something new every day. I never screwed up in a squad, something that tends to cause the most rage at "FC noobs". I do believe that FC was handy as the exp past 90 was really ****, but I have seen examples of what FC can do - I saw, for example, a lvl 7X RB fish with dreamchaser gear (the 4X stuff), a seeker that was vortexing on the oceania guy in FC, clerics setting up BB literally EVERYWHERE and then QQing about chi and MP. I understand why there is as much opposition to FC as there are people who want it back.

Problem is, this game DID become all about endgame nowadays - I do still remember the times when BH parties were formed on the round thing in the middle of Arch, by people who actively needed the bosses. I remember joining a BH39 with my lvl 50 psychic, and the rest of the squad was all 5X. Everyone even knew what they were doing! Nowadays almost nothing below level 100 is any real fun any more. I gave up on all occasional fail squads and run my alt's BH's together with my wife, as every damn time we worldchatted to ask if someone needed BHwhatever, there was always something going wrong. People going Leeroy on mobs, bosses being pulled at wrong times, disconnects, deaths, people going AFK - you would not believe how many people go AFK as soon as they see someone else is clearing the dungeon.

//TL;DR for all of you with the attention span of a goldfish: well, this sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    >Implying EXP gain above lvl90 is ****!
    >I imply that most havn't played any other game where you still need weeks to achieve one lvl close to end game with alot of time consuming quests/grinds.

It doesn't matter if you know how to play or not. It's about the effort needed. PWI mutated into a light form of PServer over the years. that has to end. those ppl that suffered their way up to max lvl w/o the easy way will most likely stay in the game and are being a contribution to the economy/community.

For me, it's about the psychology behind all this. People that are unwilling to pay any effort for anything and just want everything the easy way can just quit the game and go. They will most likely bot their gears or achieve them with effortless matters, unfortunatly most of the time not with rl money which would make them a huge contribution for the economy/community.

Anyone unhappy with the recent changes can just go, quit or move on to another game which is practically the same. You won't be missed.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    What incident?

Probably this one.....

A widely known barb on Heavens Tear has recently claimed that tons of whining and complaining, mixed with a new threat to SUE PWI over false advertising has resulted in support/GMs (he names BearClaw) promising him a FREE Love up and down after the next maintenance.

Is that completely beyond belief? What keeps the rest of us from doing the same? Demanding r9s3+12 and full nuema portal sets?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    >Implying EXP gain above lvl90 is ****!
    >I imply that most havn't played any other game where you still need weeks to achieve one lvl close to end game with alot of time consuming quests/grinds.

It doesn't matter if you know how to play or not. It's about the effort needed. PWI mutated into a light form of PServer over the years. that has to end. those ppl that suffered their way up to max lvl w/o the easy way will most likely stay in the game and are being a contribution to the economy/community.

For me, it's about the psychology behind all this. People that are unwilling to pay any effort for anything and just want everything the easy way can just quit the game and go. They will most likely bot their gears or achieve them with effortless matters, unfortunatly most of the time not with rl money which would make them a huge contribution for the economy/community.

Anyone unhappy with the recent changes can just go, quit or move on to another game which is practically the same. You won't be missed.
    >Is unhappy about people botting / easy mode level up
    >It is a recent change because bot happened recently
    >Claims anyone unhappy with recent changes can just go, quit or move on because they won't be missed

So, when are you leaving?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Thoolan - Archosaur
    Thoolan - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

very very very and very true
    mad veno fox mode f:fume
  • sm3ag0l
    sm3ag0l Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    this just a lame make up for the fcc not being able to hyper anymore who cares about exp these days.
    the server populations are decimating fast prob why u think pwi runs so many promo's to try and ripp off the last ppl who are dumb enough to keep charging here..
  • clokey#3498
    clokey#3498 Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lets See...

x2 exp

Example:
    Mob Exp = 2k
    with x2 = 4k

but what about Hyper? then no x2 = 2k x12 = 24k exp
    but with x2 = 4k x 12 = 48k this is very good right?

the problem is that the ppl dont know that hyper doesnt work with x2... and still think that x2 exp is very good and they r happy with this.... x2 exp? = suck

this is how it work: 2k x 12 + 2k = 26k not 48k then u think that x2 is good? u didnt know that? test it in this x2 and open ur eyes....
    Assassin: http://mypers.pw/8/#355157
    ||v£rtì¢ãlmØd£||
  • ibdeath1
    ibdeath1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    clokey8 wrote: »
    Lets See...

x2 exp

Example:
    Mob Exp = 2k
    with x2 = 4k

but what about Hyper? then no x2 = 2k x12 = 24k exp
    but with x2 = 4k x 12 = 48k this is very good right?

the problem is that the ppl dont know that hyper doesnt work with x2... and still think that x2 exp is very good and they r happy with this.... x2 exp? = suck

this is how it work: 2k x 12 + 2k = 26k not 48k then u think that x2 is good? u didnt know that? test it in this x2 and open ur eyes....

Hypers during x2 work at 2k x (12 + 2) = 28k it still sucks but its slightly more. As for everyone talking about missing ff. Besides pv ff is a way a lot of people grind out 10-20m xp a day to work towards 103+ a long with pv. If you are actually using it for that you just hyper before u go in and dont take forever you can still hyper it and it will only cost you 20 or so minutes off hypers.
  • SeaCups - Dreamweaver
    SeaCups - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    *shrugs* I enjoy x2 drops, the prices of things have been crazy for a long time, I just don't buy the stuffb:chuckle

Thanks for the x2 exp though, hubby and I are RBing our toons again this weekendb:thanks
  • MrRiddle - Raging Tide
    MrRiddle - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hypers during x2 work at 2k x (12 + 2) = 28k it still sucks but its slightly more. As for everyone talking about missing ff. Besides pv ff is a way a lot of people grind out 10-20m xp a day to work towards 103+ a long with pv. If you are actually using it for that you just hyper before u go in and dont take forever you can still hyper it and it will only cost you 20 or so minutes off hypers.
    actually post above was correct cant add 2 cause base xp already been added so its
    2k x ( 12 + 1 ) = 26k
    if think of it as +% increase makes more sense 12x hypers = 1200% 2x xp = 100% 1200+ 100 = 1300%
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Originally Posted by bramblebeast
    A widely known barb on Heavens Tear has recently claimed that tons of whining and complaining, mixed with a new threat to SUE PWI over false advertising has resulted in support/GMs (he names BearClaw) promising him a FREE Love up and down after the next maintenance.

Is that completely beyond belief? What keeps the rest of us from doing the same? Demanding r9s3+12 and full nuema portal sets?

Wouldn't surprise me as BearClaw gave a friend of mine 2b to start again on a diff server after she threatened to leave the game and sue for the money she spent back. She went because of drama in game which she couldn't handle..

Due to the more and more reports of seeing this happening I'm going to do a (player name) and send in a ticket and say I dropped a Dominance Tome on next server crash so I can get another one sent to me. Its how he made his emp tome xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Originally Posted by bramblebeast

Wouldn't surprise me as BearClaw gave a friend of mine 2b to start again on a diff server after she threatened to leave the game and sue for the money she spent back. She went because of drama in game which she couldn't handle..

Due to the more and more reports of seeing this happening I'm going to do a (player name) and send in a ticket and say I dropped a Dominance Tome on next server crash so I can get another one sent to me. Its how he made his emp tome xD

WTH does that have anything to do with 2x? Just trying to stir the pot?

Back on subject - thanks PWI for the 2x experience! It helps with my RBII
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]