End of an era -Ecatomb-

Deadalus - Harshlands
Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hey guys.

For me and probably for alot of people here an very important website goes down, Ecatomb.

i can remember when i first started pwi and ecatomb was a suggestion from a friend and immediately it was an awesome help for me with skills and genies.

Too sad that its going down b:shutup

http://pwi.ecatomb.net/
Post edited by Deadalus - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you, Ecatomb, for running this site. It was a pleasure to see all the unreleased fashion, the armors and skills to learn about other classes/make the demon/sage choice easier, and everything else I looked up there countless times. b:thanks
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    He made it really easy to download the important parts...
    Here's a mirror for now:

http://asterpw.github.io/ecatomb/pwi-skill.html
    http://asterpw.github.io/ecatomb/pwi-skill-genie.html
    http://asterpw.github.io/ecatomb/pwi-pet-skill.html

I'll probably end up integrating these bits into my site but won't be updating them going forward.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • tirus21
    tirus21 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    yea thank you Ecatomb, it was really good page b:cry
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Time to set up a spider to make a complete offline version b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've already said it in another thread but... thank you Ecatomb!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I remember how much I liked it when I started to play, it was hard to find skill's info anywhere else, because PW's site didn't (still doesn't) even have a detailed skills list >_>.
    Sad to see it go.

I guess same thing will happen to pwcalc anytime soon.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What in the almighty ** b:angry I Live off this website NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Tyvm indeed ecatomb.

It was undoubtedly an immense amount of work that went into keeping that site working properly/up to date, between the coding, and trying to keep up to date with all the changes with the information.

Thank you for your hard work.

Good luck in your future, wherever it may take you, and most of all take care.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I though you were going to talk about the fashion end of era not that the site going offline!b:shocked
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    He made it really easy to download the important parts...
    Here's a mirror for now:

http://asterpw.github.io/ecatomb/pwi-skill.html
    http://asterpw.github.io/ecatomb/pwi-skill-genie.html
    http://asterpw.github.io/ecatomb/pwi-pet-skill.html

I'll probably end up integrating these bits into my site but won't be updating them going forward.

Aster, would you be able to get the maps page as well? p;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aster, would you be able to get the maps page as well? p;

The images are just jpg's, you cna save them on your hdd
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This makes me sad ;_;

Is there any way to save the whole site...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    a trusty companion says goodbye. b:sad
    thank you julien.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Bummer I love going here once in awhile to see all the new unreleased fashion.

When I was just starting out this was the go-to site for most pwi related info.

Thx Ecatomb for the knowledge your provided many of us pre-wiki days!
    b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i really liked alot of the information there.

ill have to see later once i get my HDD going what i can salvage as a whole site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I always used the site to see all the fash it takes several years to make it into our version.

Most of all I'll miss the Halloween version with the Boo that follows your cursor b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's like losing a family pet. Fair thee well Ecatomb and thank you for the dedication you put into a wonderful, informative, and invaluable website. You will be missed by many b:bye
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ecatomb put up some downloads here for the site. You can download the pages and see them on your browser.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what a complete shame. A shame that the owner doesn't want to entertain the idea of passing the torch to someone. All it would take is a billing info change to keep the website alive.

Why isn't PWE buying this website's code and integrating it into theirs? Why am I not employed by PWE to think for them?

Very sad to see this go, I've used it a gazillion times since CB. Will be missed b:sad
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A shame to see this site go. My friends and I were really dependent on it when PWI began. It's also solely responsible for bringing us back after five years (checked it for nostalgia and all). Best wishes to you in whatever you'll be doing.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, I guess it's a good thing I got back from vacation before the month the site has left runs out.

It was very nice of the owner to make those zip files freely available. Less friendly people might have just taken the site down without any notice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Let us all raise our glasses in a toast to our most excellent keeper of knowledge. I cannot even think of the number of times I have used Ecatomb over the years of playing PWI.
    Everything from drop rates from mobs to fashion hunting, there wasn't anything that I could not find help with on the site.

I think we all really do wish you well and want to say thank you for all you have done for us over the years..

Sincerely,

Anri Elise Victoria Rose of Archosaur
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think I seen the site 20 times in 6 years.
  • userf4057
    userf4057 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can anyone get in contact with Julien? I scrapped the entire website but I don't want to mirror it without proper permission. I tried the email listed on ecatomb and in whois but no replies.b:surrender
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    Ecatomb - Lothranis Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was playing PW since 7 years (started with chinese and malaysian servers).
    I stoped playing pwi since 2-3 years because I was bored of it and most of my pw friends stopped playing it.

I said in the news of the 10th July that was planing to let the fansite go down (after being alive for 6 years).
    Sorry for the around 5000 visitors per day who were coming here.
    I always used the site to see all the fash it takes several years to make it into our version.

Most of all I'll miss the Halloween version with the Boo that follows your cursor b:cry

So you have to save this page :p
    http://pwi.ecatomb.net/index-halloween.php

b:bye

Links for the zip files on mega (so people could find links of files even with website down):
    Skill, fashion, mount, pet, cultivation, fairy - 177 Mo - ecatomb.net.zip
    Emotes - 1,66 Mo - emote.zip
    Screenshot of armors - 24,8 Mo - armor.zip
    Screenshot of weapons - 70,4 Mo - weapon.zip
    Screenshot of bosses - 41,4 Mo - boss.zip
    Effect of stones - 1,21 Mo - stone.zip
    Effect of pills - 547 Ko - head_bolus.zip

@userf4057: sorry wasn't looking the webmail, will answer to you to do as you want ;)
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Surest sign an MMO is on the way out, the number of fan and related websites starts to diminish and then becomes none.

Wonderful site.

Going to grab a copy for private use.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Any part of this game from early 2009 back to 2008 or 2007 is nonexistent ****..it was the era of the npc gear and low end tt gear.But every year on anni day reminda us of the downward spiral the game has become to most.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Anyone have any contact with the owner? Anyone have an E-Mail address for them?

Thanks,
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Ecatomb thank you for everything. You're contribution to the community has been immeasurable. And all without asking anything in return. You're awesome. I'm sad to see you go, but happy that you're leaving to undoubtedly greener pastures for you. Good Luck in all that you do!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    Ecatomb - Lothranis Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    heero200 wrote: »
    Anyone have any contact with the owner? Anyone have an E-Mail address for them?

Thanks,

You can use admin@ecatomb.net as long as website is alive.