Status of Unannounced Changes: Intended or Not?

Comments

• tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think everyone is forgetting that Earning time was put in place on all Chinese MMORPG's because the Chinese gamers were gaming "to death". We do not have that problem over here in America where PWE's the company resides.

http://www.joystiq.com/2005/08/24/china-to-set-three-hour-limit-on-mmorpgs/

With that in mind I would appreciate the older players to speak up here. Because this isn't' the first time they brought that **** over here and it won't be the last.

This is part of changes that belong in china only and to not revert them means they are being too lazy to write a patch for us to have our international version as it always was.

Frost Covered City was intended primarily as a farming instance here in the international version. Then later its drops were removed and the monsters exp was significantly increased to make it a power leveling instance where you could go with squads to level up fast. (With Hypers) This has been so for the several years of me playing and it would be foolish to ignore all those years of consistency and say "it was merely a glitch" ... Get real -__- ...

Now The expansion roll-outs have always came with these issues that are never intended to stick in our version. I for one will not continue to play a game where I am limited to play and enjoy content because of a time gap designed for a nation where people game to death. I'm going to sit and wait to see how this rolls over but if it becomes something that will not be rectified my friends and I will most likely be saying goodbye once and for all from this game.

b:bye
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mystyrie - Dreamweaver
    Mystyrie - Dreamweaver Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't read forums most times cause I'd like to spend my time PLAYING the game. I mean, isn't that why most of us are here in the first place?

That being said, several things that need to be considered about this FC thing. For myself, since I can only really comment on how these changes affect my gaming experience, PWI has repeatedly broken things and it's felt like a kick in the groin every time. I'm NOT a cash player. I have limited funds in which I can purchase (and usually get screwed on the bonuses cause I can't use a credit card cause my bank is a pain in the butt sending funds to a game based in China). I LONG ago gave up on EVER being able to get R9 gears, not because of reputation, but because I don't have a spare 300+ in my butt, and PWI consistently makes farming impossible.

Now, I've JUST rebirthed my oldest toon (2008), who's done all of the low level quests (which means they aren't available on rebirthing) and have NOTHING to level with. See, when I started this game, you had to do the quests. I never even TOUCHED an FC until that brutal grind from 70-89, which doesn't even exist anymore.

The problem isn't so much the game, it's how the players will gouge others, for what? It's not like your making real life money off of this, so what's the point? I'm the kind of player that has no problem working for their gears, hell, for my venomancer, there's several catshops that made a lot off of me so I could piece together my herc and nix which took me 6 months to do. Then PWI nerfed the sale rate of DQ items so now that's impossible for newer players to do, which all you have to do is look to find that there's NO CATSHOPS selling the mats needed for legendary pets.

When I started this game, you could grind for coins to exchange for gold at an exchange of 200k/gold. Back then, it was at least FEASIBLE to get R9 gears.

The other issue is, people don't help for ****. Every single faction I've been in has said that they WON'T teach/help you learn instances (I've yet to be taught Warsong/pavilion soloing) until you have gears, but then won't help you farm the mats FOR those gears either.

My husband and I have been playing this game for going on 7 years now, our primary source of earning coin was selling FC spots since the DQ nerf, the botting and outrageous prices some PLAYERS charge for mats.

It's easy for people to put the blame on PWI for "wanting to make money", but the reality is, there's large factions which get TONS of coin/medals off of TW (by default) and they help their players, but they are SO selective in their members that there's an ego that filters downward. The last few factions I've been in have had the same issue, FEW active players that were willing to help anyone else but themselves. PWI isn't making it any easier, cause most instances (luna/delta especially) got their xp nerfed hardcore. Heck, even GETTING a full FC run is a pain in the butt cause of nerfing xp in the first place (which was another farming source for shards for gears) So, without FC, I'm left with being stuck, LITERALLY, with half of my G gears for my cleric, MAYBE making SOMETHING out of my venomancer (who will probably never be able to rebirth cause she was started and leveled the same as my cleric) and abandoning my other toons (whom I enjoy playing just for a change of pace) because no one wants to squad with them cause their damage output doesn't meet their standards due to gears.

And I can't sit at the computer, just PLAYING PWI all day, every day cause yeah, I have kids so I don't have that kind of time, and I refuse to bot cause botters have made doing divine quests extremely frustrating for me. I don't dual client either, yeah, I'm a rare breed these days I guess, so much for doing things the honest way. You can criticize those that are "lazy" cause they want to power level their toons (which are usually alts) because who wants (at least originally) to spend 3 years leveling, grinding on the same mobs, over and over again?

Maybe I just have the worst luck, who knows. I've often joked about how PWI hates me.b:chuckle
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    FSP would only stop dropping books. As long as the person doing the axes has Earning Time the instance can still be completed.

Imo all such instances however should be free of any Earning Time penalties (FSP, FWS, AEU, UCH, any instance that is generally done with more than 4 people but SoT/Aba as well) and limit Earning Time to only Primal, Morai, Lothranis, Momaganon, Main worldmap and perhaps TT.
    I see no reason to stop the farmers that run SoT/Aba for buffspirits, or for Weekly squads to be out of a way to obtain random SoD/SoA's.

Stupidest part of this update is earning time in tt. I used to physically farm 10 hours a day 2 years ago and now use earning time can't even farm a tt to make money. Why punish the players who actually farm to get stuff?
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stupidest part of this update is earning time in tt. I used to physically farm 10 hours a day 2 years ago and now use earning time can't even farm a tt to make money. Why punish the players who actually farm to get stuff?
    Actually...isn't this exactly why earning-time was put in to begin with, in China? To stop people from sitting at an MMO for obscene amounts of time? (Obviously the definition of 'obscene amounts' will vary person to person - not looking to debate that)
    Doesn't the earning-time system pre-date the auto-culti system?
  • SlayersSin - Heavens Tear
    SlayersSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Although I'm not happy about earning time, and lack of hypers in FF, (FC) I don't think that I will suffer as much as potential new players, who don't have the resources to adjust to these changes and still compete with veteran players. When I started playing, hypers didn't even exist, and I still got to 100+ without them. I can adapt, same goes for the earning time. I will be the first to call myself a hypocrite because I reported every botter I saw before it was made an in-game feature. Now I bot as much as I can. Would I rather have no earning time but also no in-game botting? or would i rather botting but with earning time? I would have to stick with the latter.

I will say that the earning time hurts non botters as well, especially those who wait for their weekends to farm TT, and the active point system only compounds the problem because dailies are done faster, reducing the amount of things there are to actually do. If you start putting a cap on how long people can play your game, they will find other games to play. I know a lot of you are against the botting system due to the economy, which i agree is out of hand, but perhaps removing earning time from certain instances would be good idea too. I still enjoy playing this game and will continue to play it and roll with the punches each new update delivers, but what really annoys me is the lack of communication and notification of changes that the players receive, before or after the fact. Anyways we all know this is nothing new. Just venting i suppose. Hope you are all having a great day.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Actually...isn't this exactly why earning-time was put in to begin with, in China? To stop people from sitting at an MMO for obscene amounts of time? (Obviously the definition of 'obscene amounts' will vary person to person - not looking to debate that)
    Doesn't the earning-time system pre-date the auto-culti system?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think earning time was launched with the initial launch of the Primal area; Primal was the only place where earning time used to be an issue, and even then I'm not 100% sure it was active. I never botted in Primal. So I think it was launched simultaneously.

People have been "to death"ing things forever. Eating to death,not eating to death, drinking to death, using illigal substances to death, using legal substances to death, even doing nothing to death. These are mental issues or chemical issues certain individuals have that I don't feel gaming companies need to feel responsible or guilty for. The greater majority don't need babysitters, silently or not so silently judging us on how much we play games. What people need is help -before- they get so far gone their lives are in danger from hobbies or habits or things they put in their bodies. Will our electronic music devices be installed with a kill-switch after 8 hours if someone dies from listening to music to death? Booze shops certainly don't limit the amount of booze we can buy, even though people drink to death all the time. Hell, even drinking too much water can kill you. Humans are fragile, fragile creatures.

Honestly, all these possibly erroneous changes haven't effected the way I play at all, or how much time I play, but I do see how they can negatively effect others, so I would rather we not have limits on farming time, or ways in which people can gain xp or how fast xp can be gained. If you want to keep earning time, have it not effect dungeons, like many people have suggested, and leave it to limiting botting time in the various maps.
  • samstout007
    samstout007 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well I am a cash player.
    I want the FC hyper exp gain back. I think it is good for the game.
    I want the Zhen pits in the south part of the map back.
    I want the world bosses that give titles to spawn more regularly.
    I want the chat box bug fixed.
    I want the Earning Time unlimited.

This game is made/run by a company. The company needs money to stay in business. Players need to feel like they are advancing if they are going to stay in the game. Take away their ability to advance and they leave. They leave, the company loses money. The company loses money, the game goes away, or at least is limited to China. I am not sure what is so hard here.

I am not advocating making this game a charity where everything is free. I am however stating that 105 should be possible for the masses, even if it takes years. DQ is gone... Zhen pits are gone... FC, gone... Earning Time, gone...

Gimme some way to stay.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I said, I'm still trying to find out all the correct information. I'm just going off of what I've heard internally, not from China.

With that being said, the Hyper issue seems like a Sync error. Generally, the way it works now was supposed to be how it always worked, but because we usually get broken patches from China, somehow FC allowed Hypers when it was never intended to. We kept it, because most players wanted it, however it looks like they may have sent us another patch with this issue broken once again. That means it will more than likely be reverted, but we don't know exactly when, because we have to wait for a fix from China.

As for the limit on botting, that is intended as well. We never received it in the patch notes, nor were we made aware of the changes until well after, which is why you didn't see the change posted. I've already mentioned it to my PM, and he's going to talk to the developers when he can. For now though, the only information I have to go on is that it's an intended change.

1) I do not care about FC it does not worry me at all why?
    Because PWI staff knows very well that they make 99% of their income from end game.
    A level 90 player at must will cash atleast 20$ usd to 100$ usd. A level 101 player will cash 200$ usd to 30,000$ usd. So FC will surely come 99% or else PWI income will slow down considerable.

2)Limit to auto culti earning time should stay or better yet reduce the earning time to 5 hours instead.
    Why pwi Should care?

Cashers needs coins he buys zen and sell gold in auctioneer from a F2p slave.

Ex-Casher needs coins he bots 24 hours he does not need F2p slave anymore since now he got a digital bot slave.
    Casher earning a lot of extra coins and he now wants boutique items gold so he just buy gold from actioner.
    Cashers transform into a F2p with his army of bots casher never buys Zen again.
    Why cash when you can bot? This is the new saying of many ""EX"" cash shoppers.

Auto cultivation is destroying PWI income. That is why PWI is crazy trying different sales and offers because they desperate to make sales as they used too.
    But they messed up badly by turning a lot of Cashers into F2p Botters.
    Kill those damn bots and force those lazy people to cash again.

You either Play Hard or Pay Hard to earn in PWI there is no room for Lazy AFK earning! that is destroying PWI Zen buying and ingame coins.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^^ This

Majority of the PWI population doesn't read forums, let alone log in to post or give their vote on an unofficial poll which essentially means nothing.
    For all we know a small group of people created tons of alts to skew the results so that your idea of having FC restricted looks like what majority wants.

I am a veteran and have been playing since 2008. I have a bunch alts and doing the same low level quests just to get to 100 so I can PVP, TW or go to NW (and be decent at it) on an alt is annoying as hell. Hyper frost didn't kill this game. Anniversary Packs and other packs that followed did.

I'm a veteran as well and agree with this. I feel like all of the people who are from the same time as I, are thinking about the glory days of PWI while sitting in their rocking chair complaining about the new players. You know what we did back when I was 8x? We fished. It was boring as hell. You sat there for hours using miji's manualing attacking mobs and had one person picking drops. I'm not sure what level I was when Frost came out(the leveling part, not the gear mode), but it was a god send. Other than that, we had zhen parties(no zhenable mobs at 9x), GV(had to find people able to complete it and who would do it), and quests which gave ****.
    If it's not brought back, people will adjust or leave but we still need an explanation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a veteran as well and agree with this. I feel like all of the people who are from the same time as I, are thinking about the glory days of PWI while sitting in their rocking chair complaining about the new players. You know what we did back when I was 8x? We fished. It was boring as hell. You sat there for hours using miji's manualing attacking mobs and had one person picking drops. I'm not sure what level I was when Frost came out(the leveling part, not the gear mode), but it was a god send. Other than that, we had zhen parties(no zhenable mobs at 9x), GV(had to find people able to complete it and who would do it), and quests which gave ****.
    If it's not brought back, people will adjust or leave but we still need an explanation.

agreedb:laugh
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yep. People seem to think that by removing frost it will force people into the open map and make their servers more active.
    In reality people will do their dailies, find a zhen squad and go afk while one member has their pickup button jammed down. People on PVP servers would have to check back more frequently. (aka bot)

When earning time is up what is left to do? PV then sit in reflections afk for the other 10+h. People want to rush to 100 to "play the game". Meaning do all the events and at least have a chance.

Oh- and PWI needs to advertise or something to get new "customers"

The problem is PWI has no events for only mid level players 5x-8x or so except maybe the pvp tourny. There is no possible way someone who is not considered end game in level (at minimum) could even remotely compete with the rest of the server on any event so people rush to 100 to be at less of a disadvantage.

If there were fun events (with decent rewards) that were limited to specific levels I don't think the FC/hyper would be such an issue for people. There wouldn't be such a rush to get to 100+ because there are events that they can participate in and not get rolled over. Tourny 1x a week and quests that we have all done a bajillion times isn't going to keep people from rushing to end game level.

And PWI needs to advertise to get new "customers" aka players.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I`ll be honest..even Zen partys wont work now..mainly because thats all you would be able to do with the New Earning time restrictions u cant even Grind the way we did back in the old days

The good news for me..is this gives me the time to Download the New Beta for a 100% non PWE controlled game...soo um grats..to me

and if u think people will just go back to the old ways of doing things...then maybe it is best i just move along...
  • Born_Free - Lost City
    Born_Free - Lost City Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...Why not just up the ante on quest rewards again and keep frost to the intended 75+?

People are flipping out over Frost, but what about the TONS of other content we should have recieved but haven't? We're still waiting on Guild Base Wars, DQP's, Housing, and PvP tournaments.

And I think we can all agree we've been pretty patient with all that...
    PWI: Constantly **** you in the **** so much you can't sit to play anymore. No wonder people are so butthurt.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep. People seem to think that by removing frost it will force people into the open map and make their servers more active.
    In reality people will do their dailies, find a zhen squad and go afk while one member has their pickup button jammed down. People on PVP servers would have to check back more frequently. (aka bot)

When earning time is up what is left to do? PV then sit in reflections afk for the other 10+h. People want to rush to 100 to "play the game". Meaning do all the events and at least have a chance.

The problem is PWI has no events for only mid level players 5x-8x or so except maybe the pvp tourny. There is no possible way someone who is not considered end game in level (at minimum) could even remotely compete with the rest of the server on any event so people rush to 100 to be at less of a disadvantage.

If there were fun events (with decent rewards) that were limited to specific levels I don't think the FC/hyper would be such an issue for people. There wouldn't be such a rush to get to 100+ because there are events that they can participate in and not get rolled over. Tourny 1x a week and quests that we have all done a bajillion times isn't going to keep people from rushing to end game level.

This is a really good post.
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This was me today. I did my dailies and logged off.
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • gogilraji24
    gogilraji24 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Earning time is a good thing? Really think so? Is it just to stop the multiple bots on quests mobs? Well some of us have no rrr9s or any suitable gears yet to farm for proper coins. We can't run proper TT,Abba,SOT and botting was our only income for coins since the economy in PWI is outrageous. Nearly 4M for gold?! What are the ones that can't earn that much coins going to do now? Everything is extremely pricey. Botting made us get some good coins. If the bots on questing areas were a nuisance make them leave I'm sure PWI can think of something. Not affect the botters that are harmlessly working for themselves without disturbing others.

FC instance unable to hyper? The what are the reborns going to do to level up back to 100? Grind? FC made it faster through hypers. And what about those who want to try out other classes for the fun of it? Once they reach 75+ or 80+ they grind then? Really PWI? That's what you think is the best?
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Earning time -is- a good thing. It has decimated botting including the cheater bots that run 24/7 with automatic sell and revive, and forces people who have a main toon to decide - spend time botting and earn a mil or two that way, or spend time doing TT for coins, FWS for badges and all that other stuff... If you don't have time to play, then going on the autopilot is still an option. Gold prices went through the roof a few weeks after autocultivation was introduced. Before then, it was a steady 1.2 to 1.6 M per gold. After, it just kept rising and rising I expect it to go down again in a month or two to three.

Personally I'd have wiped the DQ item profit and left botting for XP in, but this works too.

Think about it. 8 hours of earning time. If you spend all that time on manual play (and remember, after 20 seconds of not beating something up, earning time pauses again, so any flying/walking time is exempted from earning time) then you're either spending your entire day in the game - in which case having an alt wouldn't be a bad thing - or you're botting overnight, which if you want to spend the entire time in the game is not something you should be doing.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • gogilraji24
    gogilraji24 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe some people have work to do that they play during the weekends or Sundays? 24/7 botting is pointless but it helps some that want to earn money while not being too plugged in the game. Maybe some bot while they are at work and when they come back they start actually playing the game being able to afford the overpriced stuff needed to continue gameplay?
  • trekaholic
    trekaholic Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its pointless to keep posting your complaints on forum PWI never have and never will take a blind bit of notice. As long as the gold keeps rolling in they wont change their mind set. Since the introduction of the Tideborn update the player base has been declining rapidly and i dont think PWI has even noticed so why should they take any notice of whats written in forums.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014

People "seem to think" that killing FCC Hyper leveling revitalizes the rest of the game because, well, it does. It's been proven last time it happened. Currently I've seen more people running FSP, AEU, and WS than ever, and we are helping a lot more people with lower level instances and quests on the open map.

There's also a lot more people who aren't end game, getting help farming their gear by those of us who are end game. People that were previously ignored so the end game peeps could co solo/sell FCC. Now the factions are more active, people are getting help when they want it, and factions are planning more faction events.

Sure there's still a rush to get end-game. Loosing FCC has had a better impact in the community though, and people who need help are actually getting it now.
    trekaholic wrote: »
    Its pointless to keep posting your complaints on forum PWI never have and never will take a blind bit of notice. As long as the gold keeps rolling in they wont change their mind set. Since the introduction of the Tideborn update the player base has been declining rapidly and i dont think PWI has even noticed so why should they take any notice of whats written in forums.
    Yeah, I have to agree there. PWE doesn't give a rats *** about the community as long as they're making money.
    I was kind of hoping Sparkie was going to be more of a CM, but so far he's more of a puppet. And a bad one at that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited August 2014
    People "seem to think" that killing FCC Hyper leveling revitalizes the rest of the game because, well, it does. It's been proven last time it happened. Currently I've seen more people running FSP, AEU, and WS than ever, and we are helping a lot more people with lower level instances and quests on the open map.

That and people who still want to bot are leveling a second character per account to keep going once earning time on twink 1 is out... But yes. "Lfm BH59 - 69 - 79" is quite a common call on the Morai worldchannel these days.

• Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Won`t bother to read everything but the extended blacklist they gave us not so long ago has been totally wiped, I saw *******s that were in my bl speaking freely, looked at it and what a surprise, it only contained 20 something people, the very 1st ones that I added there.

The extended BL is still there, just PWI decided to give morons a clean slate...
  • Jesya - Lost City
    edited August 2014

There's also a lot more people who aren't end game, getting help farming their gear by those of us who are end game. People that were previously ignored so the end game peeps could co solo/sell FCC. Now the factions are more active, people are getting help when they want it, and factions are planning more faction events.

Sure there's still a rush to get end-game. Loosing FCC has had a better impact in the community though, and people who need help are actually getting it now.

Yeah, I have to agree there. PWE doesn't give a rats *** about the community as long as they're making money.
    I was kind of hoping Sparkie was going to be more of a CM, but so far he's more of a puppet. And a bad one at that.

Who proved it? You did? On all servers, or only yours? Is there data somewhere that we aren't seeing showing activity levels outside FC are increasing?

I caught up on pretty much all of the title quests this past weekend. Flying around the map what did I see? It certainly wasn't lower levels questing or grinding. I saw an empty map.
    Activity level hasn't changed much even with the new content. Instead of people doing a couple of runs for FC they log off or go afk sooner.
    edited August 2014
    Who proved it? You did? On all servers, or only yours? Is there data somewhere that we aren't seeing showing activity levels outside FC are increasing?

I caught up on pretty much all of the title quests this past weekend. Flying around the map what did I see? It certainly wasn't lower levels questing or grinding. I saw an empty map.
    Activity level hasn't changed much even with the new content. Instead of people doing a couple of runs for FC they log off or go afk sooner.
    PROOF

We're seeing that again. You're on a PvP server though, so that could explain a lot. I left Lost a long time ago because 80% of the community were complete dicks.
    EDIT: I might also mention that Lost was the only server that didn't complete a couple of server events almost a year ago because you didn't have enough people participating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Posts by a small population of people who read/write on forums is not proof.
    edited August 2014
    Posts by a small population of people who read/write on forums is not proof.

So you're saying they all lied that that activity didn't actually happen?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesya - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    I'm saying I don't believe the majority of people who play PWI post on forums.

Also, I too can post in threads under a number of my alt accounts (or vote in polls) to make sure my POV and voice are heard. b:pleased
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's true the activity already changed. I notice an increase in low-mid level characters playing in the low-mid level areas again. Also, I notice more people LFS for low-mid level instances like BH and even PV. Low level PVs were basically dead before the hyper lock.

So, yeah. Sylen is right.

People who have only high level toons simply ignore lower level toons around because... Well, they don't really care about them unless they can sell FC (which they can't now haha). What they see are lv100+ areas and maybe jolly jones areas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't forget that with the advent of earning time/fc hyper loss, we gained snakefist as bh and aeu as well. On DW I saw world chat for all 3 instances you mentioned quite regularly BEFORE ANY UPDATE. Honestly I didn't know anyone who wasn't already running FSP daily for cards and/or profit.

Yes please show more proof. I know I am more inactive due to earning time and active points system. MY quest log is EMPTY. I for sure am not running around helping lower levels because it's my earning time being used. I used to help people from wc every so often, but not anymore. Now anything I do will have to benefit my toon or forget it. Also I'm using my time on alts to bot/culti.

Oh and wanted to add: Good luck finding lunar squads for your eods. 1 eod per run and cost of 3m coins. I don't see lunar be done anymore.
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Lunar can still be farmed for badges - in terms of time spent for badges gained I'd say Lunar is on-par, or if you've got severe DDs, more efficient then full warsong. Calling for "Lunar multi badgeruns, my fee my eod" should get you a few responses. Provided your own char can fill one of the key roles (pull - AOE - heal). I don't think EODs will become rare items... but less available now BH lunar is gone, sure.

Bet that instance will be spammed a lot during x2 :)

This discussion has been closed.