War Avatar System

Options

Comments

• Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Card Leadership.
    Each character starts with 10 base Leadership. Read Asterelle's post to know more about Leadership and how it affects card usage.

In general, the cards have a set amount of leadership required in order to be equipped. For example if you equip six C cards that all require "Leadership 1" you will have to use 6 points out of 10 from your Leadership to equip them.

Higher grade cards will typically require higher leadership. The amount is not grade exclusive though and it may vary even among cards of the same grade.

Overall, the better cards you get, the more leadership you'll need so you'll have to eventually increase your leadership. To do this, you'll have to buy War Avatar Cataclysts from the boutique (currently the only way of acquiring them) and talk to the War Avatar Master NPC in Kirin Town, Primal World.

The amount of Cataclysts required to increase leadership depends on the current amount of your leadership. You need 10 to increase it to 11, you need 20 to increase it to 12, you need 30 to increase it to 13 and so on.
    With regard to leadership, I found also that the same card can have random leadership... for example (specifically what I have in my character's bag) Hauntery Queen, can have 1 leadership (I have 1 of these) or 2 leadership (I have 2 of these).

If I had to guess, based on everything I have read :

C = 1 leadership.
    B = 1 or 2 leadership (with a greater % chance to have 2)
    A = 1, 2 or even 3 leadership (with a greater % chance to have 2 or 3)
    S = 2 or 3 leadership (with a greater % chance to have 3)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    With regard to leadership, I found also that the same card can have random leadership... for example (specifically what I have in my character's bag) Hauntery Queen, can have 1 leadership (I have 1 of these) or 2 leadership (I have 2 of these).

C = 1 leadership.

I mentioned it already though I'll add that it's not card/type exclusive to it to make it more clear.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    breakjao wrote: »
    I'm with a doubt and would like to help!!
    I want to know which item I need to level the War Avatar card to lvl 2

Cards gain experience by devouring other cards of a lower grade (C-S)

To level a card you must first equip it, then open War Avatar Bag, click on the equipped card, click on Devour (beneath that card) then your mouse cursor changes and if you click on a card from your war avatar bag, or your normal bag, or a War Avatar C pack these will be devoured into the card you selected increasing its experience.

With packs be careful as if you click on a stacked set of 15 C packs all of those will be devoured.

Cards by default give different experience;

C - 1 exp
    B - 2 exp
    A - 5 exp
    S - 10 exp

When you level a card or add experience to it, this is recorded on that card, so if you then devour this card into another that experience rolls through.

Also currently S cards cannot be devoured, so be careful if you're adding experience to those.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Cards gain experience by devouring other cards of a lower grade (C-S)

To level a card you must first equip it, then open War Avatar Bag, click on the equipped card, click on Devour (beneath that card) then your mouse cursor changes and if you click on a card from your war avatar bag, or your normal bag, or a War Avatar C pack these will be devoured into the card you selected increasing its experience.

With packs be careful as if you click on a stacked set of 15 C packs all of those will be devoured.

Cards by default give different experience;

C - 1 exp
    B - 2 exp
    A - 5 exp
    S - 10 exp

When you level a card or add experience to it, this is recorded on that card, so if you then devour this card into another that experience rolls through.

Also currently S cards cannot be devoured, so be careful if you're adding experience to those.
    Ohh, I didn't realize you can devour card packs. It makes sense then why they tell you the XP on the pack. It probably only makes sense to devour C card packs at the moment

C = 1 leadership.

This is right but I don't think there are leadership values that are more common. Most of my S cards are 2 leadership for example.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This is right but I don't think there are leadership values that are more common. Most of my S cards are 2 leadership for example.
    I am only basing this off the fact I have 3 Hauntery Queens and 2 of 3 are 2 leadership. Only 1 is 1 leadership. And second, the majority of my B cards sitting in my bag till I hit 100 are 2 leadership.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    it probably has been mentioned over and over but i could not find the info and everyone "knows" a different story.

how do i re-awaken my cards?
    example: demonic tiger, A, Battle.

do i need the exact same card again or just any A Battle?

ty in advance :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I need to update that sometime but I've been busy >.>

As far as I know to re-awaken cards you do the following:

level to max card X and Y
    make card X devour Y (at War Avatar NPC)
    card X is now reawakened once

level card R and Z
    make card R devour Z
    card R is now reawakened

level card X and R (not sure if you -really- have to level R though)
    make card X devour R
    card X is now 2 reawakened

As for the rest, I think you need A for As, B for Bs, S for Ss etc. it doesn't matter what card as long as it's the same grade. I don't remember if you want to level a Battle you need another Battle one though...I think it's random but take a look at what the NPC says. I won't be able to check till later tonight.

Maybe someone has more info on it, I haven't leveled my cards much (no time to play these days) so I don't know.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ty and good call with the npc..i just went there and tried, it seems you need the exactly same card. i dont see how this is ever gonna happen, considering how long it took me to get 10 A cards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    You only have to max out one card, and yesterday I was able to reawaken one of my As without buying any flowsilver coins. Just keep trying the packs, you'll eventually get a duplicate.
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Really nice guide / thread for War Avatars....

Should point people to this thread if they have questions, because I think you all answered all of them!!

b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Actually..maybe you don't need to level up the 2nd card the first time around >.> ah, don't listen to me about awakening cards lol, not sure yet how it's done.

And thanks :) I'm glad you find it useful, there was a lot of info scattered around back then and I figured someone should put them together.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Actually..maybe you don't need to level up the 2nd card the first time around >.> ah, don't listen to me about awakening cards lol, not sure yet how it's done.

You only have to max out one card

Just one card.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I found some good information about the awakening cards in this thread so I added a link to the guide.
    I think now it's more or less done.

The only missing information is how one gets S+ cards. Those are probably not implemented yet though, I haven't seen any information concerning them.
  • BlackYce - Heavens Tear
    BlackYce - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    While I Avatar quest War Master 10 B-1 A free.
    One time I did upgrade A few cards.
    Later i spent much coin+gold for cards S with 10 FSP

coin + 10 Catalist or buying pack C-S /4 gold

..boutique.
    When I managed to pick up a few cards S I replaced the

A and consumed in the S card upgrade
    We continued to invest in cards and I was glad when get

1 card A to 10 A for 1 S quest free.
    Avatar book I check how many cards as I am present and

still had the quest Free S.
    When I am able to book avatar (very hard) 10 cards went

to the quest NPC Free S ... and disappointment, NPC had

no quest for me!
    Why? We present in baggage avatar 5 card A and the rest

does not matter .. but in the book avatar I am 10 A

collected avatars!
    Looking for answers from friends told me that if I used

the cards not counting the quest .. OMG this is total

disappointment!
    After that are very difficult and very expensive no NPC

tells you that you have to have and not eat them!
    Could this be a mistake of the game? or a mistake from

players who invest time and money?
    To gather another 5 cards is very difficult now after I

spent a lot and am totally disappointed, dejected ...
    How or what to do next? Thanks if I find solution

without having to invest in cards that i'm'' very

disappointed!
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So what do I need to do to open other than destroyer slots? Right now my barb is lvl 92 but I dont have other slots open for cards. So I am wondering what I havent done? Its alt so I am not interested in doing extra work I dont have to, just feeling like might as well get some more stat points.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Feel free to provide with feedback, suggestions or other things I missed, things you know, things you have discovered, questions etc.

Although your work here is VERY MUCH appreciated, I am a firm believer that the forum should be used for discussion and the PW Wiki used for Guides. So, I transferred a lot of the information I found here to the PW Wiki page "Primal World" to which I organized and added more info I could find or knew about. This page still need much work so anyone wanting to add to it is welcome to go for it.
    Greatly need is more information about these Primal World Daily Quests;

Assault on Sky Owl

Defending Green

Rescue Raccoon

Raccoon Alliance

Thank You.....
    While I Avatar quest War Master 10 B-1 A free.
    One time I did upgrade A few cards.
    Later i spent much coin+gold for cards S with 10 FSP

coin + 10 Catalist or buying pack C-S /4 gold

..boutique.
    When I managed to pick up a few cards S I replaced the

A and consumed in the S card upgrade
    We continued to invest in cards and I was glad when get

1 card A to 10 A for 1 S quest free.
    Avatar book I check how many cards as I am present and

still had the quest Free S.
    When I am able to book avatar (very hard) 10 cards went

to the quest NPC Free S ... and disappointment, NPC had

no quest for me!
    Why? We present in baggage avatar 5 card A and the rest

does not matter .. but in the book avatar I am 10 A

collected avatars!
    Looking for answers from friends told me that if I used

the cards not counting the quest .. OMG this is total

disappointment!
    After that are very difficult and very expensive no NPC

tells you that you have to have and not eat them!
    Could this be a mistake of the game? or a mistake from

players who invest time and money?
    To gather another 5 cards is very difficult now after I

spent a lot and am totally disappointed, dejected ...
    How or what to do next? Thanks if I find solution

without having to invest in cards that i'm'' very

disappointed!

Yes the system does not tell you much and is designed to make you spend more money. TY to tplayer who dish out the dough to document this stuff.
    Look at the card sets and decide what sets fit you would want for the character, then put the best cards you have in the slots and save any of the set cards you get until you have a full set. (So you get the bonus) keep any really good card because you may want to pop them into a slot for a special purpose.
    So what do I need to do to open other than destroyer slots? Right now my barb is lvl 92 but I dont have other slots open for cards. So I am wondering what I havent done? Its alt so I am not interested in doing extra work I dont have to, just feeling like might as well get some more stat points.

As far as I know all card slot are open you just need to drag any of the same type card from the War Avatar Bag to the proper slot. Any card will go into any slot but the stats will not be used unless the card type matches the slot type (Destroyer, Battle, Longevity, Durability, Soulprime, Lifeprime).
    Also click on a slot to bring that slot type up to view. This will also show what tier and value of the Nuema stats. Nuema is different and works separate from the cards.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    from what i notice, putting a card in the wrong slot only gives stats bonus if the card itself is lvl B or above. Lvl C's doesnt seem to work.

edit:
    from what i notice, putting a card in the wrong slot only gives white stats bonus, if the card itself is lvl B (and above?). But blue stats doesnt get added. for lvl C cards, no stats is awarded at all.

I tried it with B card. Dont have A or S yet.

white stats: unique to the slot
    blue stats: unique to the card itself

From what I have tried, even B won't give the white stats unless it's Destroyer<=>Battle , Longevity<=>Durability, Soulprime<=>Lifeprime. While the blue stats is unique to the card itself seems right. Still have limited amount of cards and types, so haven't experiment much with them.

Can anyone confirm how cards and slots really behave ?

If white stats works in any card slots but the blue stats, I bet everyone would equip all damaging type if the character is strong enough to tank.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm how cards and slots really behave ?

If white stats works in any card slots but the blue stats, I bet everyone would equip all damaging type if the character is strong enough to tank.

Well, if you have a Battle card and equip it in Longevity, you're going to get Longevity white stats not Battle white stats. If your card is an S card, your Longevity stats will be as if you had a non-leveled Longevity S card in the slot but if you level said Battle S card it will still offer non-leveled Longevity S card stats.

So equipping X card in Y slot instead of X card in X slot is only good temporarily until you get the right cards and you can level them up.

In your example, if someone wants to maximize their attack power, they have to get good Destroyer and Battle cards (let's say, S cards), level them up and reawaken them (if they have duplicates available). Equipping Battle cards in all slots will result in having base white stats in all slots, which they cannot level up.

Erm, it's a bit confusing.
  • freygin
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Ah I see, that explains it, slot types have their own attributes. I tried putting Destroyer on Longevity and it increased my DEF. Thank you very much ! b:thanks
  • freygin
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Can S card be consumed by another S if it hasn't devour any card ?

Can a leveled S card be consumed in later patch or is it intended that a leveled S card cannot be consumed so we won't accidentally lose S cards. I want to level up an S card but it would be a waste if I got a better S card later.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Can S card be consumed by another S if it hasn't devour any card ?

Can a leveled S card be consumed in later patch or is it intended that a leveled S card cannot be consumed so we won't accidentally lose S cards. I want to level up an S card but it would be a waste if I got a better S card later.

S cards cannot be consumed, leveled or unleveled.

There is speculation that a max leveled S card is required in some way for the S+ cards but this will probably never make it to PWI.

If you level an S card and get a better one it will be a waste. Considering the cost to level an S card and the average cost to obtain another is about the same, the decision to level S cards depends on your budget and timeframe in which you will be getting more cards.

I'd suggest only levelling cards that are part of a set stronger than your current cards/sets.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • freygin
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I see, but the next patch from PW CN is rumored to let S consume S leveled or unleveled (cmiiw), I don't mind leveling any S card I have now if it can be consumed later since it'll take a long long time anyway to have a set of at least 4, the unused cards in the bag are so tempting to be devoured :(

I think aiming for a set of two would be best with limited budget, we can get the 20% extra stat sooner if lucky enough to get them than aiming for a set of 3 4 or even 6, 3 sets of 2 are good enough but even that would be hard to achieve.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Updated guide with the new content update thingies... I guess Tier 6/7 of Nuema level requirement is just 100. If there's something I missed out feel free to point it out.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Updated guide with the new content update thingies... I guess Tier 6/7 of Nuema level requirement is just 100. If there's something I missed out feel free to point it out.
    Tier 6 is lvl 95 / 7000 nuema / 130% multiplier
    Tier 7 is lvl 101 / 9900 nuema / 160% multiplier

There's actually partial data already for tiers 8-10 so we'll probably have those to look forward to someday
    (multipliers are blank)
    Tier 8 = lvl 102 / 13500 nuema
    Tier 9 = lvl 103 / 18300 nuema
    Tier 10 = lvl 105 / 25000 nuema
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options

Tier 6 is lvl 95 / 7000 nuema / 130% multiplier
    Tier 7 is lvl 101 / 9900 nuema / 160% multiplier

There's actually partial data already for tiers 8-10 so we'll probably have those to look forward to someday
    (multipliers are blank)

Thanks! I'll add it up.
  • freygin
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Can S consume S now with this update ?
  • ruine77
    ruine77 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    can someone help me please i'm still in the starting area but i'm stuck because of the quest i need to embrace another player but i'm the only one in the area
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Can S consume S now with this update ?

I don't know if anyone tried it yet but chances are we can't. I'd assume we'd have been notified.
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

(multipliers are blank)
    I hope this is based on historical level D: (I could actually test this in a few weeks with Tier 7 if it isn't known yet)
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • lokiagentofchaos
    lokiagentofchaos Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I was at the npc to exchange the 10 C cards for a B card and it won't let me exchange them, idk what to do