• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    >TFW Its Happening
    >PW1 Closes after another two years
    >PW2 comes
    >Players hyped to play despite all the **** we've had to deal with
    >History repeats itself and sooner or later
    >Power is sold directly in the boutique after a couple years of PW2's lifespan...if not from Day 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    >TFW Its Happening
    >PW1 Closes after another two years
    >PW2 comes
    >Players hyped to play despite all the **** we've had to deal with
    >History repeats itself and sooner or later
    >Power is sold directly in the boutique after a couple years of PW2's lifespan...if not from Day 1

Doubt the closing of PW"1" seeing as BOI and WOI are open
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wouldn't this be pw3? We are playing 2 now (micro transaction model).
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Paiikea - Archosaur
    Paiikea - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's also a possibility of it being a facelift for the existing game. I could be wrong but that purple fox looks a lot like an updated spirit fox form.
  • AiriJen - Heavens Tear
    AiriJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There's also a possibility of it being a facelift for the existing game. I could be wrong but that purple fox looks a lot like an updated spirit fox form.

It would be neat if it were a facelift for exsisting NPCs and Mobs
    But that wouldnt explain the one with the cross/case on his back like in FW vamp
    Swasie- RA 100 R9 Cleric.....Arsoli-81 Seeker
    Arjunro-RA 100 R8 Sin..........LineWarZ-90 Archer
    Madian-101 R9 Bm.............NecroBurn-93 Psy
    ArsoliCeli-100 Wiz...............VioletHeartS-100 Myst
    AiriJen-RA 100 Veno.........
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mhh. Another motivation for me to not cash and simply ride this game out... then move on maybe. Unless they decide to move characters over. Too many unknowns...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. I hope this is nothing more than an expansion to current game.

2. If this is a sequel, I hope:

- They keep main map as 1 huge map (I hate loading between zones)

- We get the Housing option we got cheated from this time around.
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1. I hope this is nothing more than an expansion to current game.

2. If this is a sequel, I hope:

- They keep main map as 1 huge map (I hate loading between zones)

- We get the Housing option we got cheated from this time around.

Housing would be great! I tend to avoid games you cannot explore freely.Zone loading takes a big junk of your playing time.
  • bigchewy
    bigchewy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wouldn't this be pw3? We are playing 2 now (major transaction model).

fixed b:chuckle
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pretty artwork but I think it needs to look a little more appropriate to the mythology of pw D:

Looks too modern. Also, if it loses it's in -depth character customization, it will lose a lot of my interest. Making a non-cloneish TB or EG is a very difficult task, I hope they steer away from that trend b:shocked
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if this is an expansion...I look forward to it.

If I can transfer everything from my main to it...I look forward to it.

If on the other hand, this is a brand new game, and all of the work that I've done on Serenity is now obsolete, then there is a very very low chance that I'll play it...and if I do, I won't decicate myself as much...because this is a resounding warning against it.

I've stayed with pwi over the years, not because I felt that it was the greatest ever...but because I worked hard in the game, had a vision of what I wanted to do, and had good friends here. Kind of a spit in the face if they don't at least offer the option to bring my character there. If they think that I'm doing this all again, they're crazy. I'll go to a private server first.

Sidenote: Guess I should be glad that I never went R9 path, nor went super heavy in refines and shards.

We'll see how this goes. This will either turn out very good for us...or very bad. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry but that will NEVER NEVER EVER EVER! will happen.

If they make new game they will want you to star all over and CASH all over againb:pleased

I have never know of a game where they transfer characters to a sequel.

It would be nice if they remake this game with new graphics but I doubt that alone will attract new players
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014

Housing system has always been available and is only on the P2P version of PWI (Version 1)

The F2P PW-CN version and our version is Version 2.

It was stated last October/November that Wanmei had re-hired Archosaur Studios (the original developer of the game) and that they were starting R&D on upgrading the client to the Angelica 3 Engine.

I really doubt that they're going to add the Housing option to our version as it will require a significant upgrade on the server hardware.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • issiris
    issiris Posts: 4
    edited August 2014
    They should gives all those zones that are "coming soon" for the last 6 years according to the game when you go there
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not a chance in hell i'd ever play another PW game, this will be my final one ever. Much much much better companies to support. b:surrender

Yup, my local pub for a start b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I actually like that little purple fox more than the current Spirit Fox form heh.

It'd be cool if they update the graphics a bit and stuff.
    If they make a completely new game.. I don't know if I'll play or not, I might just check it out for the heck of it. I generally don't feel like starting a new MMO because I have no time to invest in it. I'm sticking around here since I've already worked on and obtained a lot of things, already know the game mechanics etc. (plus I still have a few good friends that are playing and my faction is still pretty nice.)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014

--the purple fox is the greatest monstrosity I think I've seen in a while. Its facial structure makes 0 sense and looks kind of like when you're drawing and make that mistake that you never can unsee, even though you hurry to erase it and fix what you did.
    Yeah the current purple fox is kind of 'eh' in the matter of anatomy, too, but it's mostly just anorexic with a long neck. Not like a chest, tails and legs with no midbody and chibiterrible to the next millennia.

I don't even...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014

--the purple fox is the greatest monstrosity I think I've seen in a while. Its facial structure makes 0 sense.
    Yeah the current purple fox is kind of 'eh' in the matter of anatomy, too, but it's mostly just anorexic with a long neck. Not like a chest, tails and legs with no midbody and chibiterrible to the next millennia.

I don't even...

b:sad ...but ...but ...I like it. *hides*
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree in saying that if that is to be an expansion/overhaul, woohoo could be exciting. If it's a completely new game where I have to start over? Ew, no way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    b:sad ...but ...but ...I like it. *hides*
    *pat pat*
    It got even worse because I modified my post more. x3
    Really it just bothers me because I'm an anatomy nut and draw four legged critters. Design wise it's fine... in fact I always imagine the shoulder faerie wings that the spirit fox has as functional wings and mentally modify them a bit (anything to keep my headcanon away from flying manta rays), just not body structure
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014

*pat pat*
    It got even worse because I modified my post more. x3
    Really it just bothers me because I'm an anatomy nut and draw four legged critters. Design wise it's fine... in fact I always imagine the shoulder faerie wings that the spirit fox has as functional wings and mentally modify them a bit (anything to keep my headcanon away from flying manta rays), just not body structure

b:chuckle
    Then again we don't know if it really is a Fox Form because I'd honestly find it a little weird to get our Fox Form look changed/updated again when we already have the old/regular and the new/spirit one already. Well, the update was quite a while ago already but still...on the other hand I'm all for updating the graphics/models of tame-able pets.
  • Paiikea - Archosaur
    Paiikea - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:chuckle
    Then again we don't know if it really is a Fox Form because I'd honestly find it a little weird to get our Fox Form look changed/updated again when we already have the old/regular and the new/spirit one already. Well, the update was quite a while ago already but still...on the other hand I'm all for updating the graphics/models of tame-able pets.

maybe its an update to the old fox form to i dont know...make them match more? instead of red fox turning into a purple nine tail fox. it would be a purple fox going super sayan mode and sprouting 8 extra tails?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    maybe its an update to the old fox form to i dont know...make them match more? instead of red fox turning into a purple nine tail fox. it would be a purple fox going super sayan mode and sprouting 8 extra tails?
    maybe its an update to the old fox form
    maybe its an update to the old fox form

I will not let them touch the little red fox..b:angry
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree in saying that if that is to be an expansion/overhaul, woohoo could be exciting. If it's a completely new game where I have to start over? Ew, no way.

this right here
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    I will not let them touch the little red fox..b:angry

My tails agree with Desdi's on this one.
    There must still be enough red foxes that we ask ourselves if science has gone too far.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Depends how they do it. If they made it a better PWI, all new, and didn't start with packs nonsense; that'd be a year or so of a pretty good game. New things to hopefully figure out, and no hyper babies. So I'd be in, since all the impatient people would quit in the first week.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    PWI came out when the F2P mmorpg model was pretty uncommon if not unique, and that's how they got the quite large playerbase they got

if they wipe PWI for PW2 they will surely lose 90% of current PWI playerbase, because who sane of mind wouldn't be mad at them for flooring years of efforts (time and money ones)

and after they pass trough this, they will have to face a large comepetition of the nowadays huge pool of F2P mmorpgs that we have on the current market.

and tbh, none but ex-PWI players would follow such title imo, too bad you just lost 90% of them
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • bowgataboppa
    bowgataboppa Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Clearly intended for the China market.

I highly doubt they will even try to market it here, they certainly don't bother to market PW here now.

I am certain it will be meant as a replacement and all new, meaning the version we play in dead in the water. Our version may struggle along for a few years like the private servers versions do, but eventually the disparity between new players and the end gamers will play out, as it did with so many end of life MMO's, it may exist, but the numbers of US players will be very low.
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are we going to get new classes? O.o
    And I hope it's an expansion not a new game.