Status of Unannounced Changes: Intended or Not?

Comments

• Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    heck of a "Late" reply. 1 week without a single word from those who have any access to ANY info whatsoever... :S and one that still doesnt answer anything at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruesian
    ruesian Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its a bad idea taking away the better way to level a character, and dont ask for it to the ppl who play the game, please do the right thing and fix -FC and the bugs to make a better game
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry for the late reply, I was still trying to figure out the issues as well. As for the chat tabs freezing, that is being looked into, same as the chat font.

As for the issue with Hypers not working in FC, that is apparently an intended change. I'm still not 100% because we haven't heard back from China, but from I've been told, it was intended to be this way.

I'm hoping to have more info. soon, so I'll post back as soon as I hear anything.

Ummm so you add rebirth to the expansion.... and so we have to level to 105 three times....
    But you take away our primary source of experience ? Atleast up to level 100??

WTF? b:angry
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Kithares - Harshlands
    Kithares - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ummm so you add rebirth to the expansion.... and so we have to level to 105 three times....

Are you raging over something that is completely optional? This is why they don't interact with all the player base and you're not helping to topic at hand. You could do, BH, PV, and questing 😨 My barb is lv71 and that's what 4 days of questing can do, because I didn't have access to FF. So unreasonably hard considering they don't give you free charms, hypers, geomap, tele stones, reduced mob count in quests. #Sarcasm
  • nzer0
    nzer0 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sorry for the late reply, I was still trying to figure out the issues as well. As for the chat tabs freezing, that is being looked into, same as the chat font.

As for the issue with Hypers not working in FC, that is apparently an intended change. I'm still not 100% because we haven't heard back from China, but from I've been told, it was intended to be this way.

I'm hoping to have more info. soon, so I'll post back as soon as I hear anything.

You're crazy man, I'm not going to lv. killing mob by mob, there's alot of private server that wants my money too.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Here's hoping that this truly is permanent. Gods know why they took so long to make such a move, but I'm happy with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited August 2014
    As I said, I'm still trying to find out all the correct information. I'm just going off of what I've heard internally, not from China.

With that being said, the Hyper issue seems like a Sync error. Generally, the way it works now was supposed to be how it always worked, but because we usually get broken patches from China, somehow FC allowed Hypers when it was never intended to. We kept it, because most players wanted it, however it looks like they may have sent us another patch with this issue broken once again. That means it will more than likely be reverted, but we don't know exactly when, because we have to wait for a fix from China.

As for the limit on botting, that is intended as well. We never received it in the patch notes, nor were we made aware of the changes until well after, which is why you didn't see the change posted. I've already mentioned it to my PM, and he's going to talk to the developers when he can. For now though, the only information I have to go on is that it's an intended change.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited August 2014

If you guys are not going to bring back FC, you could at least return the old farming Instance.
    It would be sad to see FC turn in to another Nirvana, I mean almost every lower and mid level instances are now dead.

It would be fun to see something like:

-Normal mode (Farming fc for armors and weapons)
    -Trophy Mode
    -Exp Mode (something like the FC everyone know, but maybe 85+ and I mean really 85+)

I personally doubt that killing FC would prevent power leveling, people will just use auto cultivation and pv.

Edit: Nvm, I did not read your last reply b:laugh

• Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You don't 'have' to level to 105 three times. And when you rebirth, you earn bonus xp based off the levels of the mobs. It is really easy to dedicate your time and energy into leveling a different way.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As for the limit on botting, that is intended as well. We never received it in the patch notes, nor were we made aware of the changes until well after, which is why you didn't see the change posted. I've already mentioned it to my PM, and he's going to talk to the developers when he can. For now though, the only information I have to go on is that it's an intended change.

Please leave the earning time limit on all maps. The only people who want this reverted are the extreme abusers multi botting 10+ chars and using 3rd party bots. Their business of selling coins outside the game has been killed, ofcourse they're going to come here and beg for it to be reverted.

As for people complaining out it hurting their instance farming time, 8hrs of earning time would actually translate to 10+hours that you could farm solid. Resetting instances, buffing and running doesn't eat the earning time. It's mainly outside coin sellers complaining about it also, trying to trick pwe into reverting this. Take away the outside coin sellers, give us a viable coin sink and the economy will stabilize and pwe will profit. Good work so far, just waiting on a coin sink in game.

If you could get approval, a good start would be an npc that sells war avatar catalysts, make them 1m each at an npc and the economy will be back on its way to normal in no time, pwe will keep and increase their profits.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I said, I'm still trying to find out all the correct information. I'm just going off of what I've heard internally, not from China.

With that being said, the Hyper issue seems like a Sync error. Generally, the way it works now was supposed to be how it always worked, but because we usually get broken patches from China, somehow FC allowed Hypers when it was never intended to. We kept it, because most players wanted it, however it looks like they may have sent us another patch with this issue broken once again. That means it will more than likely be reverted, but we don't know exactly when, because we have to wait for a fix from China.

Thanks for the update sparkie, it's a bit troubling how flaky the communication is with China but that has always been an issue. Thanks for looking into this.
    Please leave the earning time limit on all maps. The only people who want this reverted are the extreme abusers multi botting 10+ chars and using 3rd party bots. Their business of selling coins outside the game has been killed, ofcourse they're going to come here and beg for it to be reverted.
    The main issue I have with the current earning time implementation is that our UI is missing the indicator that shows how much earning time you have remaining and earning time interferes with squad play.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The main issue I have with the current earning time implementation is that our UI is missing the indicator that shows how much earning time you have remaining and earning time interferes with squad play.

I agree wholeheartedly. If there is to be a bot system included, and it is going to have potentially significant effects on other areas of the game, i.e. earning time expired effecting your ability to get into a squad, or breaking other instances, there should be a CLEAR and EVIDENT way of knowing exactly where you stand in terms of using up your earning time.

Leave the earning time, take it away, whatever.. this is not the issue for me. But if we are to have it, then let us be able to tell where we are at with it.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014

As for people complaining out it hurting their instance farming time, 8hrs of earning time would actually translate to 10+hours that you could farm solid. Resetting instances, buffing and running doesn't eat the earning time. It's mainly outside coin sellers complaining about it also, trying to trick pwe into reverting this. Take away the outside coin sellers, give us a viable coin sink and the economy will stabilize and pwe will profit. Good work so far, just waiting on a coin sink in game.

If you could get approval, a good start would be an npc that sells war avatar catalysts, make them 1m each at an npc and the economy will be back on its way to normal in no time, pwe will keep and increase their profits.

thats where you are wrong, i want it the way it was before the update and i'm not an abuser like those you mention i only set up one acc to collect coins and for her to gain exp and 8 hours isn't enough to make coins to upgrade my armors so i can farm t.t or solo some of the higher lvl instance.

not everyone can open 10 clients **** i can't even open 4 so i can run t.t to do my bh there or finish the quests needed
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My issue with earning time is that it affects squad instances. why should a squad suffer because i want to maximize my earnings (exp/coins) while i work/afk. You give us a "feature" then give us this **** to deal with besides.

Please disable maxed earning time in instances such as bh/tt/lunar/warsong so we can freakin play the game atleast.

soon time to find a new game (non PWE related).
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Yes, I agree with this 100% also, I've been holding off on doing any botting for this reason. If you plan on tanking instances, don't use earning time up. Only the person who has aggro needs earning time left for drops to drop.
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    RIP pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I somehow doubt that hypers being allowed was some type of synce, issue. I could be wrong but if that is the case, why would all materials be removed from the instance in the first place. There is no logic here.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, I agree with this 100% also, I've been holding off on doing any botting for this reason. If you plan on tanking instances, don't use earning time up. Only the person who has aggro needs earning time left for drops to drop.

then explain why i killed a TT boss and had a bm with max earning time HF once & not attack, yet not 1 item dropped. (my earning time was in normal state, and i was the one that aggro'/first attack).
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Oh BS. I'm a botter and I used it to level my historical char and I used it to farm my monkey king and more. The extreme abusers as you call them are going to find other ways to break the game. They always have and always will. As if this is going to make a difference when players can bot with multiple chars on each account. How many chars are we allowed per account and we're allowed 2 accounts active at the same time? Think about it. The abusers as you call them will work around it as always. Those complaining have legitimate concerns - Not knowing how much time they have left and 1 squad member totally **** over an entire squad in the middle of an instance.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    WHY DO WE EVEN NEED THIS UPDATE?

This new content sucks only i saw that was cool was the fash viewer in shop.

Arnt we usa Base mostly i know you have no problem accepting my debit card lol.

i say hell with china let them keep there lame version of pw

roll this patch back no one likes it keep astral and your new fash viewer toss your lame new content that no one even cares about.

in the end money talk and its my money you wont be getting till you fix this so dont waist your time with promos i dont feel like pulling out my wallet for a game you now made enjoyable.

tell china we arnt them we want are owen version of pw you want are money fix the game
  • muchamota
    muchamota Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sync error, lol b:thanks
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014

After reading this, I feel like coming back to the game to check how it is going with these changes, I really want to lvl up my mystic and do stuff with my veno, but something is telling me I will be wasting my time.b:surrender
  • nomzoarashi
    nomzoarashi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So this game has gone to ruin, the gold prices just keep going up and now we can't even grind for exp/coin anymore? FC is broken again, and economy just gets worse and worse, is there any point to this game anymore? Seriously, you all think this is a good thing but imagine if you are some low lvl starting out, needing help in some TT instance getting gear and everyone who is strong enough to help, can't because the system prevents any drops in TT because they spent their time trying to make a measily .3% exp... I know there's people that abuse the system but most of us don't. This update, whether intentional or not, has really hurt alot of people, at this rate I'm only in it for my wife and my friends, until I find another game I can lure them into playing.. As for the rest of you all, enjoy this broken and screwed-up game.
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    FSP would only stop dropping books. As long as the person doing the axes has Earning Time the instance can still be completed.

Imo all such instances however should be free of any Earning Time penalties (FSP, FWS, AEU, UCH, any instance that is generally done with more than 4 people but SoT/Aba as well) and limit Earning Time to only Primal, Morai, Lothranis, Momaganon, Main worldmap and perhaps TT.
    I see no reason to stop the farmers that run SoT/Aba for buffspirits, or for Weekly squads to be out of a way to obtain random SoD/SoA's.

u cant be like to its ok to take it away from the tt farmers without all IJS thats BS if they make instance's as a WHOLE no penalties thats fine but u cant pick and choose because that makes it ok for some farmers and fcks over the others and then who is right ..... No ONE
  • FireSkOrPiOn - Archosaur
    FireSkOrPiOn - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Ok well than delete the alts of the players that already have 4-6 alts and make it fair to all...If you are not rdy to do that bring back the hypers in fc you dubass morons you are limiting a one group of ppl and the once that already have so many alts are not being mentioned dont be idiots just fix FC and BTW if you fking want to make it pay to play make it already!!!! dont come up with some lame excuses about alts and why fc is turned up as i said turn on fc hipers or just delete the alts of the ppl have them so many how about that? or just make it p2p and dont come up with this idiotic moves that limits new players and players who focuse on their toons i personali with my main didnt do fc till late 80s maybe when i was lvl90 than ppl need fc to speed things up a bit if you wana realy stop players to stop missing low lvl content make it so players under 75 or 80 to dont be able to go in to FC this is very wrong i want to reborm my toon for the second time and i dont plane to lvl him up again widouth FC so there are your options i would like to see a reply on this!!!!!!!
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow..thank god new games are coming out this fall and spring..i know of at least 10 new games getting ready to be released...

PWI..your straight up clueless...how does limiting the new players ability to catch up in your 100% end game focused but deserted game help anything

i have been botting at night...for hp charms so i could run ws`s and tt 3-3`s for my faction

Now i have to chose one or the other..and without the bot time i cant afford the charms to continue helping new players and people who actually need the stuff your restricting..

As it is now..the best asspect of this game TW is completly dead..we cant get a single 80vs80 war onour server..any new players starting off now...will take 1-2 years before they are allowed to TW ..well anything more than an 8 min Newb kill fest as the TOP faction rolls over your newbs trying to learn TW

TW is dead..and your doing everything in your power to insure no-one ever catches up to the 30-50 people still controlling it..

Yes at the beginning of each TW season there is a 3-4 week window where little factions can take an NPC land..but all the big factions(none of which field 80 ) scoop in and take those lands away first..then they dont fight each other..they just sit there the rest of the season

The Best thing about this game..WAS ALWAYS TW..and now only 5% of each server is allowed to actually fight..the rest have no clue what TW is..nor will they ever see a decent one

No wonder the top of your game is Dead Between greedy OP top end factions chooseing to crush the lowbies first..very few ever get to see the greatest thing about this game..and without TW this game just is not worth playing any longer..
  • mbpwi
    mbpwi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OK, earning time, but with this "feature" please make the mat drop a bit more often.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    sontzu wrote: »
    If the earning time restriction is an intended change, why did they not include the time remaining indicator that they have in China?

Seriously, how does this company stay in business?

Oh, I forgot... its customers are stupid sheep b:surrenderb:shutup

THANK YOU

Thank you so much for saying this.
    Sparkie's long silence and dissatisfying responses do not bode well.

It would not be so difficult to believe him IF the disabling of hypers in FCC hadn't already happened before, I think more than once(correct if wrong), unintentionally.

It would not be so difficult to believe him on the second point of earning time expansion being intended IF our UI had been changed to accomodate it.

Call me cynical but it really feels like we are just being Frankie'd again.
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please keep the FCC changes and the timed earning..its nice to beable to do base quests and not fight for a kill. Its nice to be able to do any quest and not have bots kill steal.

E.V.E.R.Y.T.I.M.E. there is a change, people get on here and swear, threaten to rage quit, rant and rave or state the game is dead or dying for years. PWI dont really care what you threaten them with. Broken game, bugs galore and content removed or changed with no warning. Happened before and will happen again.

Games still here tho. People still play depsite all the tears and tantrums. Build a bridge, you either wanna play or dont..simple
This discussion has been closed.