earning time answers? Sparkie step down

Options
TheMVP - Heavens Tear
TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Chronicles
is earning time intended or not? we waited a week for answers and once again you dodged the question. Being the only person who represents the player base to the devs in china about an issue as important as this without any notification of the changes is highly irresponsible especially after a major update which always brings bugs and new issues. to take a week off then not give any answers is unacceptable by the player base. at this point you should consider stepping down and let someone who cares about the game and its player base and cares enough to do their job without dissappearing for a week after a major update. thats my opinion, i think its a fair one, you have done some positive things, such as monthly look a heads and weekly give a ways as well as events, but you also allowed nearly a year to go by without any fixes for the DQ points as well as dissappearing after major changes intended or not intended changes were made that highly affect the player base. My opinion whether people are for or against the 8 hour earning time cap, it should be done differntly and should at the very least been givin a warning of doing so, and at the super very least give answer as to if its intened or not after an entire week. the player base deserves better than that, and you may not like my post Sparkie but if you take a objective view of it you know the player base deserves better than that
Post edited by TheMVP - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    after the dissappearing act this week, questions start to appear. If we had someone different who was more passionate about the game talking to the devs in china, would we still have gone 10 months without a DQ point fix or any plans of doing so? Would we still be stuck with 3rd party software Arc which the player base was highly against? Is Sparkie really talking to devs and trying hard or just doing enough to not get fired? Would compensation or fixes have been made after the 10 orb give away failure? These are fair questions the player base is now pondering after this week, I dont know the answers to any of these, but one things for sure the message the player base is sending to the devs is not getting heard clearly enough. Loss of FF hypering, Earning time where one persons botting can effect the whole squad, where you have only 8 hours of playing time before your character can do nothing more than stare at the wall meditate, This is clearly not what the player base wants at all and being that sparkie is the only one who has any power to talk to devs and get changes made or at the very least get our voice heard and and at least get the devs side of why changes were made were stuck with a week of no answers and our voice not being heard at some point it becomes unacceptable and we cant help to wonder how much different things could be.
  • Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear
    Eyestabyew - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My assumption is that Sparkie's hands are tied. He has a boss, who he has to go to for answers. When he doesn't have the answers he can't give them. We still deserve a response saying he's looking in to it or whatnot .. But he is just an employee who is controlled.

Things like this, and having the player base upset with him, are probably the reason we've had so many of his predecessors move on.
  • _mandorallen - Sanctuary
    _mandorallen - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    +1 im all for 2nd chances and so on but i think sparkie had enough chances and he/she is never talking to us about major changes

i sooooo want spoons back b:shutup
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    is earning time intended or not? we waited a week for answers and once again you dodged the question. Being the only person who represents the player base to the devs in china about an issue as important as this without any notification of the changes is highly irresponsible especially after a major update which always brings bugs and new issues. to take a week off then not give any answers is unacceptable by the player base. at this point you should consider stepping down and let someone who cares about the game and its player base and cares enough to do their job without dissappearing for a week after a major update. thats my opinion, i think its a fair one, you have done some positive things, such as monthly look a heads and weekly give a ways as well as events, but you also allowed nearly a year to go by without any fixes for the DQ points as well as dissappearing after major changes intended or not intended changes were made that highly affect the player base. My opinion whether people are for or against the 8 hour earning time cap, it should be done differntly and should at the very least been givin a warning of doing so, and at the super very least give answer as to if its intened or not after an entire week. the player base deserves better than that, and you may not like my post Sparkie but if you take a objective view of it you know the player base deserves better than that

your first mistake was thinking they'd replace sparkie with some one who cares. You and I both know that if sparkie were to step down that he/she would be replaced with some random person who DOESN'T care.

b:bye if anything we should just stop buying gold and that'll force them to listen to us b:bye
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    your first mistake was thinking they'd replace sparkie with some one who cares. You and I both know that if sparkie were to step down that he/she would be replaced with some random person who DOESN'T care.

b:bye if anything we should just stop buying gold and that'll force them to listen to us b:bye
    Nope. That would force them to close the doors on PWI. They are now ARC Games, so "PWI" is no longer their "flagship". AND... they have new games and other projects they are tending to with more focus already. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My assumption is that Sparkie's hands are tied. He has a boss, who he has to go to for answers. When he doesn't have the answers he can't give them. We still deserve a response saying he's looking in to it or whatnot .. But he is just an employee who is controlled.

Things like this, and having the player base upset with him, are probably the reason we've had so many of his predecessors move on.

Thats a fair statement and could definitely be the case. Sparkie Hands could be tied, if thats the case I would love to hear Sparkies side of things in a passionate message to the fan base about how hard trying and how Sparkie getting ignored by the devs or how theres too many politics in the way or behind the scene things preventing things from getting done, I feel like the fan base would be sympathetic to that and would be more willing to say Sparkie is doing a good job.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sparkie is answering this in the other thread. No need to make another one. It's pointless to replace sparkie when it is unlikely a replacement would be someone better.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • mikudra
    mikudra Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    DQ points , 8 hour earning time cap, the player base, Sparkie,
    You must be a Rokie!
    Trash talk...
    Do not be stupid, he can not decide upon what is done in PWI. First of all learn to whom to direct complaints.
    Your opinion sucks as much as your thinking. The only thing you do is incite hatred against sparkie, hope to see soon closed this topic
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think the company behind this game should step down and pass it to someone who actually cares about their players...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ishtera1970
    ishtera1970 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Although I do not post a lot, I read the forums quite often and not just when the game is down for maintenance. This is an absolutely ridiculous poll. Sparkie does a wonderful job and it does no good for him to make any statements when he has no confirmation on things because people would still complain about not gettting the answers they want. As to Sparkie telling us his problems with his bosses, China, or the politics involved..... this does nothing but set him up for failure in his job. What do you think your boss would do if you told the world about all your companies problems in an online post? FIRE YOU probably!!! Get real people, this is a job for him just like it is for you at home. Do you really go home every night worrying about people you work for at the end of the day. I hope not because then you have no life. So before demanding a person step down from their job.... walk a mile in their shoes and use some flipping common sense.

I support Sparkie and his staff and those who do not like it can jump off a clifff.b:angry
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sparkie is answering this in the other thread. No need to make another one. It's pointless to replace sparkie when it is unlikely a replacement would be someone better.

sparkie isnt answering, sparkie is guessing and Sparkies own words admitted had no knowledge of the changes until WELL AFTER the release, which in many ways shows part of the problem we have here, a clear lack of communication. As far as replacement being just as bad, sadly thats the expectation we have all come to expect, but at this point could the replacement be much worse? and finally this is the only thread that matters, as u seen with the DQ thread 10 months goes by and its useless, only when jobs are on the line and players have a vote as to their true feelings will any action or things truely get done
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    sparkie isnt answering, sparkie is guessing and Sparkies own words admitted had no knowledge of the changes until WELL AFTER the release, which in many ways shows part of the problem we have here, a clear lack of communication. As far replacement being just as bad, sadly thats the expectation we have all come to expect, but at this point could the replacement be much worse?
    Sparkie is doing a good job and we've had worse before (frankie). It would be nice if he was more active on the forums but honestly the forums are trash so it is understandable why you'd want to keep interaction to a minimum. There is little sparkie can do to make communication with China any better. Communication with China has always been an issue with this game.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options

Sparkie is doing a good job and we've had worse before (frankie). It would be nice if he was more active on the forums but honestly the forums are trash so it is understandable why you'd want to keep interaction to a minimum. There is little sparkie can do to make communication with China any better. Communication with China has always been an issue with this game.

fair enough
  • mikudra
    edited August 2014
    Options
    fair enough
    We got a really smart guy here
    Complaining and wrong facts will resolve PWI problems?
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    sparkie isnt answering, sparkie is guessing and Sparkies own words admitted had no knowledge of the changes until WELL AFTER the release, which in many ways shows part of the problem we have here, a clear lack of communication. As far as replacement being just as bad, sadly thats the expectation we have all come to expect, but at this point could the replacement be much worse? and finally this is the only thread that matters, as u seen with the DQ thread 10 months goes by and its useless, only when jobs are on the line and players have a vote as to their true feelings will any action or things truely get done

True, but that is not Sparkies personal error. The error is in how the cooperation between china and its franchisers is set up. The franchisers have too little powers of influence themselves and apparently arent even given adequate information.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    mikudra wrote: »
    We got a really smart guy here
    Complaining and wrong facts will resolve PWI problems?

I dont know what wrong facts you refer to? Clearly we have a lack of communication from devs and also from Sparkie to the fan base so if your opinion is that is wrong and communication is good then i would simply whole heartly disagree. Or are you disputing the cause of this, which i was clearly debating is it sparkie not doing the job and just doing enough to not get fired, or is it devs making roadblocks and ignoring which is causing the major problems, that is still up for debate and nobody knows the true answer to that because were not watching what sparkie does 24 hours day, we can all speculate and compare to the others like Frankie, and make a conclusion its just the way it is, but again whos to say that they both arent very passionate about the game and their defination of "trying hard " is one messgae to the devs and wait 2 weeks for a responce, when a lot more could possibly be done. But beyond all that, the last part of your post, one thing is crystal clear if you dont complain, if you dont question whats going on, if you just sit back and do nothing then nothing will ever change. In my experience if people arent being looked over by the supervisors and they have no real pressure of being fired or any expectation of doing any kind of good job, then you can expect them to do just enough to get by and not do their job. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations that some of the communication issues could be improved or that somebody new could do a better job, but at this point its worth a try and so far the player base agrees as there are in favor of sparkie resigning by a 2 to 1 ratio. so why not hope for something better? why accept the same people letting you down week after week? with no real excuses other than I didnt hear back from china? well CALL them, CALL them at 2am wake them up, leave messages on their answering machines, call 20 times a day until you get a response thats passion and I'm more willing to accept Sparkie saying I called devs 50 times and they wont answer or do anything then what we have been getting and if thats not the passion were getting from Sparkie then bring someone new in and if they are just as bad will try again
  • pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The hard truth is that none of it is sparkies fault, but this community is Sparta and Sparkie is the messenger. Unless we rise up against the army that he works for there is nothing that will change.

Actually, hes done alot more than I think we could ask considering how China has treated PWI in the past. If you would actually like to tell the people in charge of the game please visit this site which is the Perfect World China's website and tell them how you feel.

http://www.pwrd.com/en/aboutus/contact/contact.shtml
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    pachwenko wrote: »
    The hard truth is that none of it is sparkies fault, but this community is Sparta and Sparkie is the messenger. Unless we rise up against the army that he works for there is nothing that will change.

Actually, hes done alot more than I think we could ask considering how China has treated PWI in the past. If you would actually like to tell the people in charge of the game please visit this site which is the Perfect World China's website and tell them how you feel.

http://www.pwrd.com/en/aboutus/contact/contact.shtml

Bravo! It's obvious people haven't had the experience of a workplace or had to deal with a chain of command. Yes, it would be great to hear something rather soon, even if it's a "I"m gonna have to look into this and I will get back with further info" response but Sparkie has a boss and I'm sure has restrictions on what he can(t) post. Be thankful we have ANY type of communication with someone there.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    and one last point to make, you didnt get any answers on earning time until after this thread was made, only then when a uproar about stepping down was made were we given a "guess"by Sparkie. a week after it was put in mind you so, again theres more that can be done, i truely believe that Sparkie can do more then the week off, no answer from the devs, excuses we been having for months. At the end of the day everyone has a phone, at some point the "i didnt hear back from the devs" excuse gets old. Use the phone call them up 50 times day or whatever it takes to get the answers and get the communication instead of the same poor excuses we have been getting for the last 8 months such as DQ points? Are u really still waiting to hear from the devs on that Sparkie? in 8 months you couldnt call them? message them? send a messenger pigeon too them, send a letter? I'm not buying it. the rest of you can buy it but I'm not buying any of those excuses. For all any of u know sparkie sends one email to them and waits 3 weeks for a response where the devs give some "soon" answer because they know they can get away with it instead of messaging them 10 times a day expecting real answers. we deserve better
  • mikudra
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I dont know/ others like Frankie/ "trying hard "/ hope / china? / Sparkie /
    Please make a thread about the ones anwering our tickets
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    He is just a CM, can`t order the bosses around or he will be sacked, as all jobs, keep your mouth shut and obey or face the consequences...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is a stupid thread. It should be locked according to rules of the forum. Bashing CM, GM etc. I do wish Frankie would be quicker with responses in the future.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is a stupid thread. It should be locked according to rules of the forum. Bashing CM, GM etc. I do wish Frankie would be quicker with responses in the future.

Theres no bashing were trying to have a fair discussion about communication issues and cm taking a week off and why were always getting the same excuses. were trying to be fair about it people are making cases for both sides and if there isnt a discussion your gonna get the same declining results, this thread discussing problems over the last 8 months which nobody is happy about. You should listen to the chat in heavens tear right now, you have 100s of people disappointed with the changes you have 100s of people upset over the lack of information, some people just accept it as just the same old bad buisness from pwi, while others are trying to see positive changes and the discussion has been fair
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    "sparkie not doing the job"
    ^^^ THAT, is the part you are entirely clueless to.

But, here is a FACT => You do not know what sparkie is or is not doing.

And unless you are new to PWI or it's forums, you also have no idea how these things go. This thread even being started implies just that.

Sparkie in most cases is just the messenger, and much of what you want sparkie to state in writing on the internet, true or not, could actually lose sparkie his job... "oh, those people are incompetent"... or "that one isn't getting their end fast enough"... blah blah blah... Not at all responses I would expect from anyone in any position.

And as far as in a timely manner of communication, we all already know how this goes, how it has gone for years. Those in sparkie's position including sparkie are either told to hold back on communication for whatever reason(s) (and we are not going to see that in writing)... or are juggling so many things at once, and PWI is not a top priority, and has not been for a long time... or whatever other reasons things come down to.

Getting badgered by a community of pissed off gamers certainly is not likely something anyone would want to do either, especially in the position of "messenger." And it is China that fixxes stuff, so maybe if you speak Chinese you can give'em a call at Wanmei and find out whats going on? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lets take the discussion a step further, Sparkie was brought in with ARC, Sparkie has a major role with ARC, and some could even say that Sparkie does the job from a Arc perspective whats best for arc, instead of a perfect world perspective. Would things be better if you could vote in a CM like Astrelle for example or anyone whos been around awile and respected by the player base? A CM that actually plays the game can discuss the mechanics and what needs to be done someone who is passionate about the game? Someone who would notice bugs right away or unexpected changes? of course have their tools moderated to make sure no abuse or favortism etc. How much better off would PWI be? These are questions that need to be asked? Then we would find out how much Sparkie Frankie and others really did.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ^^^ THAT, is the part you are entirely clueless to.

But, here is a FACT => You do not know what sparkie is or is not doing.

And unless you are new to PWI or it's forums, you also have no idea how these things go. This thread even being started implies just that.

Sparkie in most cases is just the messenger, and much of what you want sparkie to state in writing on the internet, true or not, could actually lose sparkie his job... "oh, those people are incompetent"... or "that one isn't getting their end fast enough"... blah blah blah... Not at all responses I would expect from anyone in any position.

And as far as in a timely manner of communication, we all already know how this goes, how it has gone for years. Those in sparkie's position including sparkie are either told to hold back on communication for whatever reason(s) (and we are not going to see that in writing)... or are juggling so many things at once, and PWI is not a top priority, and has not been for a long time... or whatever other reasons things come down to.

Getting badgered by a community of pissed off gamers certainly is not likely something anyone would want to do either, especially in the position of "messenger." And it is China that fixxes stuff, so maybe if you speak Chinese you can give'em a call at Wanmei and find out whats going on? b:question

Thats all speculation though, as you said nobody really knows how hard Sparkie is working or the process, do you really think Sparkie is calling the the devs trying hard to get information? do you really think in 8 months time Sparkie could not reach the devs for an answer on DQ points? has the devs phone been busy for 8 months? its all speculation about what can be released, what cant be released, how hard working etc. You find it so hard to believe that as well as the other cms they may just simply send one message to devs and wait for a responce without ever putting much more effort than that to get information? Are you really happy getting the same excuses every week no answer from devs? How naive you must be to think, people will really try hard in their job with no real expectation or supervision or thought of being fired. you deserve better, the player base deserves better, and all were doing is raising the question how hard is sparkie really working? 8 months and devs just didnt answer is good enough for u, the week off after major update good enough for u? the I didnt know about the changes until WELL AFTER good enough for u? The guessing cuz devs havent told me week after good enough for u? And theirs not a thought in your mind that maybe people arent working as hard as u think that maybe the devs get away with the *soon* answer because theirs no real pressure, that maybe the CM only work as hard as their expected to.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Theres no bashing were trying to have a fair discussion about communication issues and cm taking a week off and why were always getting the same excuses. were trying to be fair about it people are making cases for both sides and if there isnt a discussion your gonna get the same declining results, this thread discussing problems over the last 8 months which nobody is happy about. You should listen to the chat in heavens tear right now, you have 100s of people disappointed with the changes you have 100s of people upset over the lack of information, some people just accept it as just the same old bad buisness from pwi, while others are trying to see positive changes and the discussion has been fair

15. No mouthing off at staff.

I consider this thread bashing and mouthing. It's for not muchmore than to flame. PWI has always been late to say anything, this problem is 5-6 years running and not new. We have been through enough CM's to know, sometimes doesn't matter who is here, i's just no information to be had.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    15. No mouthing off at staff.

I consider this thread bashing and mouthing. It's for not muchmore than to flame. PWI has always been late to say anything, this problem is 5-6 years running and not new. We have been through enough CM's to know, sometimes doesn't matter who is here, i's just no information to be had.

so you have come to expect little to no information and your more than happy with the way things are and your saying you have no hope what so ever that anybody can do a better job that sparkie, That the Sparkie frankie etc way of getting information is the best way and that its impossible for anyone no matter who was cm to contact devs in 8 months on DQ, no body could pick up a phone or do anything better than sparkies way of getting information in 8 months. I understand your happy thats great unfornatly theres a lot of people who arent happy a whole server full who dont argree with you. as far the bashing if you think this is a bashing thread where were disscusing why jobs arent being done, I think you should look at a real bashing thread where people arent being so nice, swearing hate etc. I think the thread has been fair both ways. And i'm sure you will see a lot true bashing threads when people realize the updates were permanent and the cm has no clue and is guessing after taking the week off and with the earning time cap i would expect more people to have more time to make threads since they wont be playing pwi
  • xazhur
    xazhur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well, it is just a game. We all have better stuff to do and if we don't like how things are ran on this game, we all have the option to quit. No one is forced to play. Furthermore, I do not believe Sparkie is doing a terrible job even if I do miss certain things like the DQ system. There are many things I would like to see change in the game but overall I am not furious nor trying to quit or cause people their jobs; especially if they are not responsible for what is making us upset.
  • TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2014
    Options
    xazhur wrote: »
    Well, it is just a game. We all have better stuff to do and if we don't like how things are ran on this game, we all have the option to quit. No one is forced to play. Furthermore, I do not believe Sparkie is doing a terrible job even if I do miss certain things like the DQ system. There are many things I would like to see change in the game but overall I am not furious nor trying to quit or cause people their jobs; especially if they are not responsible for what is making us upset.

what if they are responsible? what if they are just collecting a pay check while not doing their job, what if they are just sending 1 email and could care less about the game? thats what were discussing what ifs because nobody truely knows what their doing but one things clear the message your sending to the devs about changes u want isnt being delievered and the information your getting back is nothing and in 8 months time the issue u care about DQ the devs and your CM are giving you the same excuse u got 8 months ago and if you keep accepting it and keep thinking peple are doing their job thats the same message your gonna get 8 more months from now
This discussion has been closed.