Is it worth coming back now?...

Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
So I haven't log into the game for about 11 months and now I don't know if my characters are lost or not and I am currently updating the patch for the game but it's taking hours and it's still only half way there. My forum doesn't show my characters avatar anymore. Lost forever now??? b:surrenderb:cryb:surrender

Edited: now I see my veno's forum avatar again lol.

It's been 6 long years so is the name change in game possible now?
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Name change stones can now be purchased in the boutique, for 30 gold.
    And I... don't really have anything constructive to add about the character loss or if it's worth coming back thing. ****'s been hitting the fan this past week after the content update (well... more of it than normal has been. There's always a bit of it in the fan.), so everything's kind of biased.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Depends. Gear's changed a lot since then, and new areas have been added, alongside new dailies, instances and ways to get power. You should log in and play for awhile to see how you feel about it. Dabble with the new content and such. If you're having fun learning and playing with everything new, then sure, stick around. If its not your cup of tea? You can always leave again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    YES worth coming back! things are different but so much to do!
    and deff more fun!b:chuckle
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    short answer. run now, run fast. find a better/new game.
  • super07
    super07 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    this, do it while you still can, do it for us. b:surrender
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So I haven't log into the game for about 11 months and now I don't know if my characters are lost or not and I am currently updating the patch for the game but it's taking hours and it's still only half way there. My forum doesn't show my characters avatar anymore. Lost forever now??? b:surrenderb:cryb:surrender

Edited: now I see my veno's forum avatar again lol.

It's been 6 long years so is the name change in game possible now?

I've wondered where you've been. I wouldn't take anyone's opinion here to heart. Log in and see for yourself. You may or may not care much for the changes but you're in for a surprise with primal world etc.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A lot more to do than in the past and I do mean A LOT, sadly the game economy is in a very poor state, read the forum threads, you will generally see what people are QQing about, or log in and experience it for yourself.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A lot more to do than in the past and I do mean A LOT, sadly the game economy is in a very poor state, read the forum threads, you will generally see what people are QQing about, or log in and experience it for yourself.

Only issue in relying on the forums for the current state of the game is that very few in the player base actually participate in the forums. Those who do are the ones who are generally the complainers griping endlessly about something. The forums are very biased towards the negative. It's best to get back into the game and look for ols associates who would be gracious enough to actually guide a person back into the game and explaining the changes.

1st person experience back into the game is no comparrison to some forum QQer whining about the game in the forum.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    NO..

Im sorry to say this..but no..its not worth comeing back

There are no massive battles any longer

No massive TW`s.

Most NW`s are soo onesided as all the OP`s get placed on one team..or everyone logs there multitudes of alts in hopes they will get on the OP side..then they log out with the alts that did not

With earning time..even the idea of putting the time in to catch up is gone as after 8ish to 12ish hours..u will gain 0 xp and 0 drops

this will effect all farmable instances..the only people able to cope with these changes are the ones who never needed the in game bot feature anyway..they have all the accounts given to them by the 75% of former players who have walked away from this game in the last 1 year

Go find another Game..this one is 100% dead..and PWE as a whole is a ****-poor MMO gameing company as every game they are currently opperating are having the exsact same problems

yes this game is older..but when they have the same issues in every game they offer even the Brand new ones..its pretty clear where the fault lies, with this company..

They have 0 respect for there player base..they have 0 repsect for there paying customers..

PWI,PWE simply does not care..

Good luck on finding a new game..
  • petrave
    petrave Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:surrender to be honest if you can put rl money in game the yeah pwi is good because they only care for cashshoppers if you cant do that pwi is the worst mmo there is at the moment al low lvl content is almost gone and al new content is aimed to pvp and endgame gears b:cry
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How can they care about there paying customers..when they are running off all your targets..

who the hell are the paying customers going to stand over victoriously ?

They dont fight each other...this has always been clear..the cash shoper(me being one) have always clumped into the same factions..

what kept things fun was they were always way out number`d...now all those f2p people are GONE

no they dont care about anyone..not even there paying players..they just answer our tickets faster is all...

Such incompetence..seriously PWI..im 39..i have my passport..bring me out to redwood california..i can triple your population in all games in 3 months...

20+ years of MMO gameing..and you are by far the most clueless company i have ever seen
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You are in a PVP server which was not destroyed by bots like PVE servers.
    So yes for pvp server is not so bad.
    in PVE servers gold at cap 3,999,900 and it has been there for days so I can not buy gold anymore in AH.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2014

This.

Too many dailies to do now, no time to actually play
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alexguardaemon
    alexguardaemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nooooooo........
  • im2013
    im2013 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No.This game already sucks. I feel really regret who still waste real money and and their life time farming for this game. But there're many stupid CSers and NO life farmer here. b:laugh

Just play it as a social online game like me. Don't care about to be the best like many idiots.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    When this game actually has you to use your keys to dodge instead of stopping to use a stupid skill and allowing arrows to go through walls the. You can come back.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if the trolls that are telliing you to run are still posting on the forums you know its still worth a peek b:thanks After that, its a matter of friends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @OP - they don't delete characters under normal circumstances.

Updating my game right now to pay the game a 'visit'. Other than that I come here to say a few things before disappearing again.
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the game i guess would be good if you dont spend money because i have and honestly its made me a worst person because of it mainly because they never deliver what they promised they base the designed of there chance packs like this update they took a chance that we would like caps are hands tied and just like there stupid packs they lost

i gone from astral loving beginner when pwi gave so much to you showers with flyers black unicorns mounts pets and temporary fash just to get you addicted to the possibility they gave you end game skills

tell you the truth that got a lot of new players and old players replaying

i have to admit tho the kiss quest was awkward and just sucked

you got mounts and pets to

if you start off in pwi in main city im sorry but its ghetto its like shopping threw walmart on 100 degree day and you know who hangs out there for the ac pretending to shop lol ac

i mean as a new player you start of in the dead citys lol cause everyone is in arc you like wow am i only one playing this sucks when you were in astral every one was farming and boting and trying to get there farmed stuff over to pwi by finishing the quests .

because it seemed crowded you were never alone and there was a lot to do and mainly it was fun

start off in barb and veno city you like dangggggg lot of dirt ghetto uhhh ok just kinda sucks now to give you so much and then take it away
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @OP - they don't delete characters under normal circumstances.

Updating my game right now to pay the game a 'visit'. Other than that I come here to say a few things before disappearing again.

Just to add to this: OP, if you do log in and your characters appear to be missing, double check to be sure you've selected the correct server. More than one person has freaked out over this because they didn't realize they were looking at the wrong server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well we are all complainers whiners but since you are in a PVP server i guess is ok to comeback i would say no if you were in a pve server XDsee you in game