Flowsilver Palace - Full Venomancer squad

Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
I was asked to post this on the forums for more people (and Venomancers) to see so here it is!

After seeing all-Archer and all-Cleric FSP videos (you know who you are if you're reading this), I had to do it with Venomancers! I was considering a run like that for a while now and the videos mentioned just now made me decide to finally do a test run.

Venomancers can actually do FSP effectively if they are organized and have a few evolved Hercules' along with at least one good-geared player that can tank the last boss. My run wasn't fully organised and it was a bit chaotic at times but we managed to do it successfully thanks to everyone's efforts.

Here's some details on how we did it and what were our plans:

Toad Boss
Plan A - Take turns in Herc-tanking
This was the original plan I had suggested which can be very effective in tanking as long as the squad is organised and coordinated. During the test run we kinda panicked, messed up a little and ended up failing our first attempt but it worked great towards the end.

The squad will need about 2-3 evolved Hercules but having a couple more of those for back-up is good. One Venomancer starts tanking the boss with the pet and after the Toad uses the "Barbarian" attack which kills the Hercules, the next Hercules-in-line takes over. Thanks to the new aggro-stealing skills the pet has after evolution, it's easy to do it.

Plan B - A Venomancer tanks the boss
A Venomancer with good gear tanks the boss and has to Triple Spark at every "Barbarian" attack to survive.
Chi can be provided by other Venomancers if necessary. This one is a little tricky but can be pulled off. Of course there's also Genie skills and pots to assist if the person can't Triple Spark in time.

We started out with this plan during our second attempt but our tank eventually died so we immediately switched back to Plan A and took turns in Herc-tanking.

Another way of doing it is by having Venomancers take turn in using Expel on the tank before the critical moment but this also needs coordination.

Plan C - A Venomancer tanks, a Hercules helps
My game husband Eoliana suggested this plan but we didn't try it out during the run.

A Venomancer tanks the boss and right before the critical moment (the Barbarian attack) another Venomancer uses their Hercules to force pull aggro off the tank and have the boss attack/kill the Hercules instead. After this, the tanking Venomancer resumes tanking.

Notes:
Someone will have to be on the Axe duty (obviously). Use Fox Form attack skills to kill the Axe "mob" and pick the Axe item.

The person with secondary aggro will have to purify themselves in whichever way possible, due to the lack of a Cleric. If they are Sage, they can use Sage Summer Sprint. If that's not available (cooldown, skill not learnt) they can Triple Spark. If they are Demon, they also have to Triple Spark.
Since the squad is full of Venomancers, chi can be provided to whoever gets the DoT.

Succubus Boss
Someone who has a pet with the skill Shriek or someone who has the genie skill Earthqauke has to be assigned as the one to interrupt whenever the boss is about to heal.
There is a message in big yellow letters that warns you about it so it's pretty easy.

I'm not 100% sure yet but pets don't seem to count as a target. Nobody died during "stay dispersedly" even though they had their pet with them. Despite that people still pulled their pets away from the tanking Venomancer just to be sure.

Last Boss
Pets get auto-killed from full chi during this boss so this must be tanked by a player. A Venomancer with decent gear can do it.

Blazing Barrier, Bramble Hood, Feral Concentration, genie skills and pots should be used if necessary. During the "I AM HYSTERICAL!" phase, it's better if the tank uses AD or any other immunity. Even if Venomancers are going to Purge the buffs...the boss can still kill you in those few seconds.

Final Notes:
This was supposed to be for the video description but I might as well write everything here.

Our squad had two R9rr +10 Venomancers (with some NW upgrades), two R9rr +6-7ish (I think?) Venomancers and the rest were Nirvana G16 with various refines and shards. I think one of them was G15 Nirvana.

Here's the list of people that participated in the test run: Eoliana, Rutaett, FoxyRaimey, SoulTira, jEnNYpHeR, YumekaPL, Teiw, Lola_Basyang, babefire, Heleni (but left at the Toad boss) and me.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Nice one :)

I'm not 100% sure yet but pets don't seem to count as a target. Nobody died during "stay dispersedly" even though they had their pet with them. Despite that people still pulled their pets away from the tanking Venomancer justto be sure.

I can confirm you that. Same as for mystics' summon.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • ixmeepxi
    ixmeepxi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Now if only there were enough mystics on Arch to do Mystic FSP, lol xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A wonderful watch, thank you Desdi :3 +your music choices are always quite nice.

Also... it's hard to keep track with so many critters running over to bosses; did anyone in the run seem to use the kitsune forme as apposed to the fox forme? <-Edits then I saw someone use it
    A constant question that rages in my head is which forme more venos use or prefer to use and I've never run into an answer from other venos.
    I know it's more aesthetic of a choice, but I always wonder if the purple fox is easier to target PvPwise since it's a bit bigger...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    @Zoldi - thanks for confirming that! That's really good to know.

@Mimmory - hehe, I had trouble finding Venomancers at first. Faction mates and friends were AFK or unable to come so I WC'd for a while. Some people thought I was joking but eventually people started joining. You could give it a try and see, you never know. I mean it doesn't have to be completely full, you could try with 7 Mystics for example.

@Veneir - thanks! o/ I think we had a couple of them using the kitsune form..wasn't really paying attention xD

In my case, I prefer the old/normal small Fox Form for PvP because it's easier to hide behind hills, rocks, bushes, inside catapults etc. so it's a little bit easier to sneak around with it. The kitsune form is one huge "LOOK AT ME I'M COMING FOR YOU!".

I doubt there's a difference in selecting but there's a difference in being noticed. At least that's what I believe, unless you're in the open where you can't hide so then it doesn't matter.

Overall, I do use the kitsune form in PvE sometimes.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a bit surprised you had as much trouble with Toad as you did.

If having trouble timing your spark on the Barbarian insta-kill, the tank can move away from the toad during the "Dispel" comment. The toad won't use his insta-kill until he walks to the tank so it's easier to time. I can tank him for a while on mystic but I need a veno feeding me sparks because I don't build chi fast enough (demon).

Remember in the pre-aps days when 6-veno FCC was the fastest way to clear it?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I'm a bit surprised you had as much trouble with Toad as you did.

If having trouble timing your spark on the Barbarian insta-kill, the tank can move away from the toad during the "Dispel" comment. The toad won't use his insta-kill until he walks to the tank so it's easier to time. I can tank him for a while on mystic but I need a veno feeding me sparks because I don't build chi fast enough (demon).

Oh, thanks for the tip! I could try that in the future though I think I might also need someone to feed me sparks if it's a bad Crush Vigor day, not that it would be a problem if it's a Venomancer squad again lol.

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @Zoldi - thanks for confirming that! That's really good to know.

@Mimmory - hehe, I had trouble finding Venomancers at first. Faction mates and friends were AFK or unable to come so I WC'd for a while. Some people thought I was joking but eventually people started joining. You could give it a try and see, you never know. I mean it doesn't have to be completely full, you could try with 7 Mystics for example.

@Veneir - thanks! o/ I think we had a couple of them using the kitsune form..wasn't really paying attention xD

In my case, I prefer the old/normal small Fox Form for PvP because it's easier to hide behind hills, rocks, bushes, inside catapults etc. so it's a little bit easier to sneak around with it. The kitsune form is one huge "LOOK AT ME I'M COMING FOR YOU!".

I doubt there's a difference in selecting but there's a difference in being noticed. At least that's what I believe, unless you're in the open where you can't hide so then it doesn't matter.

Overall, I do use the kitsune form in PvE sometimes.

Nnn, okay; tis really useful to hear from another veno, thanks :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Veno powa! XD thank you for the video Desdi! I wonder if a heavy Veno with G16 set would be useful as tank in this situation. Yes I'm obsessed with heavy foxies, hehe!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Veno powa! XD thank you for the video Desdi! I wonder if a heavy Veno with G16 set would be useful as tank in this situation. Yes I'm obsessed with heavy foxies, hehe!

As long as you can tank it, it won't matter if you're AA or HA. HA might have an easier time, provided the gear is good. It will all come down to the gear/refines/shards.

I think the main issue with HA will be keeping aggro. I know being HA doesn't mean your magic attack is extremely low but pure magic builds will just have stronger DD (assuming similar gear levels). Of course, they should hold back if that's the case.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Desdi, nice video, grats on getting it done!

We now have an all archer, cleric, and veno clear. Wonder how many other classes could do this. I might make a challenge thread. Sounds fun. b:victory
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Desdi, nice video, grats on getting it done!

We now have an all archer, cleric, and veno clear. Wonder how many other classes could do this. I might make a challenge thread. Sounds fun. b:victory

Do it. Must.

And thank you :3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    It really was!