Gold Prices on Server Race :D

Options
IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide
IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide Posts: 146 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
So is there any other server here experiencing 4m Gold on the BUY list ?

Raging Tides has 236 Gold on at 3.999.900 atm lol lets see which servers more greedy b:victoryb:chuckle
Post edited by IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Morai has you beat with some 516 at the same price.

Not gonna last though. Not with earning control on. Bots are what made the PvP servers so hyperinflated.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Crygol - Sanctuary
    Crygol - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sanctuary has been at 3.999.900 for a while, current buy list has 2051 gold, it was 2500 few days ago. My orders were expired even, since people sell gold in wc now, been getting some for 4.3-4.5m from wc, but sometimes people pay even over 5m.
  • tirus21
    tirus21 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    archo "only" 3,5m for goldb:laugh
  • Crygol - Sanctuary
    Crygol - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    guess archo doesn't have many merchants lol.. or you just have tons of cs'ers
  • IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide
    IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    lol wow...i thought the earning time was meant to stop botters, but it looks like its more on PWI's side with all their promotions and discounted sales by the looks of it b:chuckle. cant believe ppl would pay that much for gold but thats a good idea to sell it on WC i guess xD
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Bots are what made the PvP servers so hyperinflated.

....? Did you mean PvE?
    PvP servers just kill people who bot.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Earning time has massively curbed botting, but the effects of it will not be instantaneous. People have a huge bank account now, and it'll take a while for that to bleed down. Check again in a month or 2-3, my guess is gold prices will come down a little.

[Edit] And ye, did mean PvE.

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Botting has never been the main reason for inflation. At least in some weeks everyone will finally understand that.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It is a major contributor Zoldi. Simple supply and demand. Botting caused an infusion of extra coin into the mix which had a double effect: People who botted with their mains and got the coin they usually needed that way, instead of selling gold (which means less gold needed -> less income for PWI Inc -> Prolly why they implemented earning time), and people who multimultimultibotted for several millions of coin per day (consistent, daily income not relying on luck on BH returns. And those twinks could STILL do BH100s).

Now with earning time, people are not botting with their mains as much anymore. Areas that were crowded with bots before (Goothes, fishing pond of Morai, Basilisks) hardly have anyone there at all now. Those people will need to again buy their coin if they keep spending a lot, which for cashing folk won't be a big problem. For people who relied on botting as their main source of income, tougher times are ahead. (And you've seen some rage about it on the forums, true to form for this community)

Problem is, the people who got rich off of the botting craze (mainly the smart merchants who took advantage of folk having more coin then was wise) now have billions in reserve, so it'll be a while before the economy cools down. Those reserves need to erode away. Mark my words, prices will fall - starting with the stuff lower level characters need, such as midlevel TT mats. It will start in about a month and a half, and continue until prices are at about 1.5-2x that of what they were before autoculti. Depending on any other surprises the devs might have in store for us, it'll be at least half a year before things are stable.

Meanwhile I'm stocking up on coin for a while - while my main toons gain Astral Sky levels and rep :)

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It is a major contributor Zoldi. Simple supply and demand. Botting caused an infusion of extra coin into the mix which had a double effect: People who botted with their mains and got the coin they usually needed that way, instead of selling gold (which means less gold needed -> less income for PWI Inc -> Prolly why they implemented earning time), and people who multimultimultibotted for several millions of coin per day (consistent, daily income not relying on luck on BH returns. And those twinks could STILL do BH100s).

Now with earning time, people are not botting with their mains as much anymore. Areas that were crowded with bots before (Goothes, fishing pond of Morai, Basilisks) hardly have anyone there at all now. Those people will need to again buy their coin if they keep spending a lot, which for cashing folk won't be a big problem. For people who relied on botting as their main source of income, tougher times are ahead. (And you've seen some rage about it on the forums, true to form for this community)

Problem is, the people who got rich off of the botting craze (mainly the smart merchants who took advantage of folk having more coin then was wise) now have billions in reserve, so it'll be a while before the economy cools down. Those reserves need to erode away. Mark my words, prices will fall - starting with the stuff lower level characters need, such as midlevel TT mats. It will start in about a month and a half, and continue until prices are at about 1.5-2x that of what they were before autoculti. Depending on any other surprises the devs might have in store for us, it'll be at least half a year before things are stable.

Meanwhile I'm stocking up on coin for a while - while my main toons gain Astral Sky levels and rep :)

If you decrease peoples coins, yes the gold price may go down. But you also have the same buying power. Yes gold is up, prices are up, and people coins are up. Switch and gold is down, prices are down, peoples coins are down. It's the same thing only people only "think" higher gold is bad. My buying power hasn't changed. The merchants with billions of coins will still grow their coins, only they will be able to buy MORE with them.

Gold price doesn't really matter. I do believe earning tie was a mistake that will be fixed. Mean while, I'm stocking gold for the upcoming cap raise.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think people are being overly optimistic about prices going back down with the introduction of earning time. I don't think they'll drop much, if at all. But prices should stop going up at least.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The main issue is there's just not that many people csing anymore. What this leaves is a bunch of f2p people with easy coins from botting trying to buy gold when the demand is much higher than the supply from the few csers still left.

Gold cap needs raised, point blank. People will just quit otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    the main problem is that coins have no purpose in this game anymore.
    The few coins you need for repair/teleport/potions you can earn with or without earning time.

NOBODY charges anymore to sell gold for coin. coins are useless.

The only solution would be to remove drops from worldmap completely. No coins ,no dq no nothing. Only Instances should have drops.
    Bot problem solved for legal and illigal bots.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Sanctuary is winning b:victory. I agree with capn, it will take a few weeks to a few months to see prices dip below 3 999 900 on sanctuary. We have over 2k buy order, should be 1.9k right now.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @Evryn : I beg to differ. Botting was a minor part according to me. Inflation was here before autoculti anyway. And prices are still increasing day after day. You're right that it might decrease a little in near future but then it will increase again. Yesterday I saw a shop on Morai selling DoD at 165M and today no more DoD in the shop... I remember when I bought my first DoD at 10M... It wasn't my primary option to become full JoSD and I regret it so much... Then when I decided to buy some again the price was 90M and i refused to buy at that price. Honestly maybe price will decrease from 165m to 130 or 120M, but you won't see any DoD at 90M before a very long time I guess..
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Earning time has massively curbed botting, but the effects of it will not be instantaneous. People have a huge bank account now, and it'll take a while for that to bleed down. Check again in a month or 2-3, my guess is gold prices will come down a little.

[Edit] And ye, did mean PvE.
    If earning time remains in place, botters will dropp off for a short span, then be back in full force in 2 or 3 months. All those people will just have alts to cycle through in their bot spots. All they have to do is level an alt of the same class and share gear and swapping 2 accounts (or more for the abusers) at the same time of day is a non-issue. I'm already slowly working on mine (slowly cause I'm waiting to see if this is reverted first).
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

....? Did you mean PvE?
    PvP servers just kill people who bot.

Sometimes. I've gone months without being PKd while botting. Usually it's during 2x when sins come to farm DQ from botters
    scruncy wrote: »
    the main problem is that coins have no purpose in this game anymore.
    The few coins you need for repair/teleport/potions you can earn with or without earning time.

NOBODY charges anymore to sell gold for coin. coins are useless.

The only solution would be to remove drops from worldmap completely. No coins ,no dq no nothing. Only Instances should have drops.
    Bot problem solved for legal and illigal bots.

They tried that with DQ less than lvl 80 and were forced to create the DQ point system. How much more screwed up do you want the game to get? Besides if coins were worthless than why the hell would people be trading gold for 3.99 mil? What are they doing with all that worthless coin? Could they be making summerwind tokens or buying mats for NV and HH gears? Could they be buying mounts, fashion, etc with it? Quit being so short sighted

Raging Tides has 236 Gold on at 3.999.900 atm lol lets see which servers more greedy b:victoryb:chuckle

Lost City is at 2.65 mil sell and 2.5 mil buy atm. I suppose PvE servers are the greediest of them all.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

only 236? o.O Sanctuary has over 1700. When deposited my coin to buy gold about 5 days ago, it was over 2300. Waiting 5 days. I lost the opportunity to spend the 50 gold on mogs before the promo ended, and I'm still waiting hoping I don't lose out on the mog sale. I just need 8 gold more people! please please SELL ME YOUR GOLD.

Yeah the gold trading situation is completely out of control. There is zero ability to be competitive anymore, and yet I do not want to see pwi raise the gold prices any more than they are now. Let's hope the limited botting time (which i hated at the beginning but love now that I can find a good botting spot for my dedicated 4-6 hours a day) will restore our good ol gold trading days.
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This game wasn't designed for, hasn't progressed for, and won't be developed for PVE servers. No one should be surprised that they're broken.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Archo has...

Buying: 3.4m~3.6m - Currently about 92 Gold
    Selling: 3.6m~4m (3.999.000) - Currently about 150 Gold

So I'd have to say we have a lot more cash shoppers than merchants...
    b:surrender
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Behold, Morai, a PVE server, has dropped below max goldprice again. Sure Selling is still empty, but buy-price has gone lower.
    People keep randomly shouting there are no cashers, and if one dat it has 500g and the next 600g, as if nobody sold gold at all. But in reality, gold moves. Few weeks ago around 600g moved per day and seeing how we went from 500g+ Buy yesterday to only 3g now, I'd say that still applies pretty accurately.

We have CS'ers, they're always been around even if you don't realise it. They keep selling gold at X rate, we all used to buy gold at Y rate. However with botting the Y grew, while X remained the same. Logical effect is what we're experiencing this week, right?

With a full R9-sale, 1g Spirit buff and spending promotions, it was to be expected gold supply would be lower than gold demand. The vast amount of Buying gold just goes to show howmany active people a server has that's utilizing the spend-reward promo and R9 sale.

This isn't a problem of lack of CS'ers, but a double promotion from PWI making everyone wanting to get gold. Spirit coin, packs, r9, spend promo. Simply too much to handle in one day with a F2P community that's bigger than the P2P.

It's a **** up by PWI's greed, not our lack of investing players.
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    0 gold being sold for days now on my server. prices are just about to hit 4m buy.
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    0 gold being sold for days now on my server. prices are just about to hit 4m buy.

3,999,900 is maximum.

Goldprice will go down if people stop wanting to buy gold for 3+ mil. Hope on RT server people start to realize the buyingprice can go down.
  • patrickseeker
    patrickseeker Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    i hope pwi make a NPC gold sell with fixed gold price
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

That NPC is your computer terminal, and with a few clicks and push a few buttons with numbers... you have got your gold. $1 per gold is what that NPC is selling for...

b:laughb:surrender
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

This will never ever happen.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver
    Fallonswiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There is no gold for sale one Dreamweaver. Items are offering to be bought from the boutique in world chat for 5 million gold each and more.

Its going higher and higher daily.
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Behold, Morai, a PVE server, has dropped below max goldprice again. Sure Selling is still empty, but buy-price has gone lower.
    People keep randomly shouting there are no cashers, and if one dat it has 500g and the next 600g, as if nobody sold gold at all. But in reality, gold moves. Few weeks ago around 600g moved per day and seeing how we went from 500g+ Buy yesterday to only 3g now, I'd say that still applies pretty accurately.

We have CS'ers, they're always been around even if you don't realise it. They keep selling gold at X rate, we all used to buy gold at Y rate. However with botting the Y grew, while X remained the same. Logical effect is what we're experiencing this week, right?

With a full R9-sale, 1g Spirit buff and spending promotions, it was to be expected gold supply would be lower than gold demand. The vast amount of Buying gold just goes to show howmany active people a server has that's utilizing the spend-reward promo and R9 sale.

This isn't a problem of lack of CS'ers, but a double promotion from PWI making everyone wanting to get gold. Spirit coin, packs, r9, spend promo. Simply too much to handle in one day with a F2P community that's bigger than the P2P.

It's a **** up by PWI's greed, not our lack of investing players.
    X = cashoppers
    Y= F2p

The problem is X started using bots and did not rely on Y anymore.
    Now X has a lot of extra coins so X also transform themselves into Y too.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I end up having to disperse coins among other characters just to get faster gold and i hate it but need it. Hate it cause it leave extra gold/siver in the characters account i cant use.b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There is no gold for sale one Dreamweaver. Items are offering to be bought from the boutique in world chat for 5 million gold each and more.

Its going higher and higher daily.

Well, this is pretty ****ed up.

HL and LC look so healthy with gold under 3 millb:laugh