Active Point and BH1

Options
geochris
geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
So today I used my active points to complete my BH1 three times and all three times I received chips. Now was it just my bad luck to get chips three times or is that the standard reward for completing BH1 with active points? Also I had no more earning time left when I completed these quests. I was just curious if either of these circumstances affected the BH1 rewards. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ac1950
    ac1950 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    i auto completed my bh1 today also and got chips. i'd like to know also
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I also got chips on my 3 toons.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I decided to try it out on two different days.

Day 1 was Chips, Sockets, and an Ecstasy Card pair

Day 2 was Mirages, Mirages, and an Excitement Caard.

I dont think the odds have changed, but I question whether it was a good idea to allow BH1 to be completed this way...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I got chips too #conspiracy b:laugh
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yesterday I used my active points to complete AEU BH1 which was from the day before and I got 2 x excitement cards, just fyi.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I auto did BH 1 (love solojng GV in 1 second-so pro) on all three of my toons and all 3 got the same reward.
    2 cards each (6 mil in total) b:thanks
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have yet to see bh1 turn up as a quest I can auto-complete.
    Is this random each day, because all the others (morai, BQ, primals + whatever bh2's I have) have all been consistently there as available to auto-complete.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have yet to see bh1 turn up as a quest I can auto-complete.
    Is this random each day, because all the others (morai, BQ, primals + whatever bh2's I have) have all been consistently there as available to auto-complete.

Same, all my bh1s have been to get pts. not to auto complete. I have bh2 under 'use pts'.. but not the bh1s.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I had BH1 under the list to get points on the first day, then I logged on the next day and I was able to use 30 active points to complete BH1 and got an excitement card.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I did bh1 like once on each account and now I see no more bh 1's to use the points on just bh2's,but perhaps like it says they points reset in a 24hour period so in my case it hasn't been 24 hours yet.I like this addition though,and also I got mirages,chips,socket stones,xtc cards,so yeah its still al la toss up like if you turned it into the bh man himself.
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have multiple toons and have always stacked my bhs. Since the new update, i have only been given active points one time (today) and it wouldn't let me use them. Tomorrow they will be gone.

I am definitely NOT impressed with the active point system. It seems if u have the quest already, u can't get points and if u don't already have the quest, u can't use points. This saves me no time and to me it is a fail system.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have multiple toons and have always stacked my bhs. Since the new update, i have only been given active points one time (today) and it wouldn't let me use them. Tomorrow they will be gone.

I am definitely NOT impressed with the active point system. It seems if u have the quest already, u can't get points and if u don't already have the quest, u can't use points. This saves me no time and to me it is a fail system.

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

Once you have cycled through all BHs and get new ones everything will be perfectly fine.

Actually, the active point system was the best thing that could have ever happened. Now I don't need to bother with BHs anymore, or just skip some random Quests (Morai, Base, Primal). that saves tons of time tbh.

It seems to be random (whole server tho) in which constallation u can earn and spend those points. It's ok that way. At least it is for me.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nonsense?

Maybe to you it is, but the bottom line is it's NOT giving me points and when it does it WON'T let me use them.

That's nonsense

Enough of my time wasted here, said what i wanted to say
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nonsense?

Maybe to you it is, but the bottom line is it's NOT giving me points and when it does it WON'T let me use them.

That's nonsense

The said that old quests won't give u points and so its only obvious that you also cant use it on old quests. After that cycle of quests everything will be fine. Anything else is explained perfectly fine ingame. That's why it's nonsense. Just trash those old BHs and dive into the new features (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nonsense?

That's nonsense

Its meant to be a daily thing.
    Do some dailies and you get others done for free, for that day. What you are complaining looks like a safeguard to prevent stacking up a ridiculous amount of points in one day.
    It saves a lot of time, if you know how to use it properly and not stack quests/bhs for days.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    it changed over night, the other days i was getting atleast 40 active points from doing the primal dailies now i got 0 and i done 3 already so whats going on with that?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    hoover69 wrote: »
    it changed over night, the other days i was getting atleast 40 active points from doing the primal dailies now i got 0 and i done 3 already so whats going on with that?

Guys seriously!

You can clearly see which quests are awarding active points (red text, upper section) and which quests you can use them on (blue text, lower section).

How on earth can't that be obvious?

Please inform yourself or at least try it out before...ya before posting obvious things.

Ofc it changes overnight as lots of ppl have alrdy said that it is random each new day/reset.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I dont think the odds have changed, but I question whether it was a good idea to allow BH1 to be completed this way
    Yes, it was a good idea b:angryb:chuckle

When I turned up my BH1 for points, I got extasy cards on all toons.

Yes, you need today's quests to get points and you have to be attentive to distribute your points properly, not to waste them on something which is easier to do manually, but to spend them on the quests which take a lot of time. But in time you will get used to it. It works fine so far. I'm pleased. Would be awesome if list of quests which you can spend points on wasn't limited, but since all important ones are there it's not a big deal for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I am so glad u guys r pleased with the system. You can use it to your benefit.

As for me, it is still fail.

If PW wants to tell you what order you need to do your dailies and reward you for complying, they need to post a priority list so us "slow" people can comply also.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    No one forces you to use it if you don't like ;)
    If PW wants to tell you what order you need to do your dailies and reward you for complying, they need to post a priority list so us "slow" people can comply also.
    Now you know. 1 day to find out and keep it in mind isn't too much, I suppose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Guys seriously!

You can clearly see which quests are awarding active points (red text, upper section) and which quests you can use them on (blue text, lower section).

How on earth can't that be obvious?

Please inform yourself or at least try it out before...ya before posting obvious things.

Ofc it changes overnight as lots of ppl have alrdy said that it is random each new day/reset.

lets see if i can make it even more simple to understand..on the 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 i was getting 30 to 40 active points doing the primal dailies alone then monday and today i only gotten 20 how hard is that to understand and i'm not talking about the damn stupid reset i'm talking about the damn dailies each god damn ****ing day or are you that ****ing stupid that you don't understand that oh wait my bad i forgot these forum are all full of dumb *** nabs
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I got chips everytime as well.
    edited August 2014
    Options
    lets see if i can make it even more simple to understand..on the 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 i was getting 30 to 40 active points doing the primal dailies alone then monday and today i only gotten 20 how hard is that to understand and i'm not talking about the damn stupid reset i'm talking about the damn dailies each god damn ****ing day or are you that ****ing stupid that you don't understand that oh wait my bad i forgot these forum are all full of dumb *** nabs
    Was this really necessary?
    It was explained to you what happened.
    Your dailies reset. As in the ones that paid out changed
    The days you got 40 points, 4 primals were paying points.
    The days you got 20 points, only 2 primals were paying and the other 2 were replaced by something else (likely base quests).

When the points reset - so too do the quests that pay them out. I would wager you just kept blindly doing Primal dailies and didn't even look at what was paying out points on the day when only 2 of them were.
    You lacking the ability to read a simple list and not understanding the explanation given to you about why it happened is hardly a reason to come here and fly off the handle like that.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I am so glad u guys r pleased with the system. You can use it to your benefit.

Click on show quests in your quest menu, choose the Active Quest tab. It will list the quests that give AP on the top in dark orange. If you are currently doing it, it will expand from BQ I, and show what the particular BQ 1 objective is. It flat out tells you everything. If it doesn't expand, you currently do not possess the quest to get the active points, regardless of whatever dumb idea is floating around in someone's head. It's stupid proof.

Maybe because you're a ****ing idiot? Read my above response, do the same, and realize that it changed from counting all 4 primal dailies (10 each X4), to counting 2 and the other two went to auto-complete section (10 each X2). Apparently that was not ****ing obvious enough for the inbred forum goers to stop licking their monitor long enough, that they could calm down and try to keep their only two brain cells from fighting each other, long enough to have a basic reaction that would be the most rudiment form of thought.