The Streak is Still Alive

coopoor
coopoor Posts: 50 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Etherblade (West)
Pwi never seems to disappoint us at all they have managed again to put out an update that is totally worthless
Post edited by coopoor on

Comments

• Healer_Star_ - Archosaur
    Healer_Star_ - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It does? i wouldnt know qq i still havent been able to finish dling the game. What sucks the most about it?From what i know is that, the font is messed up and hypers are diabled in fc. Besides that i that no idea what the other problems are. I miss playing qq
    QQ to me ......so i can punch you in the face :D b:cute

YOU CAN LIVE WITH OUT FC SO STOP ASKING FOR IT BACK b:surrender

I <3 NYJ b:dirty
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Don't mind him. It's just the usual "ZOMG China didn't setup the expansion to have all the stuff that's PWI exclusive so we're gonna complain and act like this is the first time it's ever happened!" thing that happens with every expansion/major content update.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Don't mind him. It's just the usual "ZOMG China didn't setup the expansion to have all the stuff that's PWI exclusive so we're gonna complain and act like this is the first time it's ever happened!" thing that happens with every expansion/major content update.

lol alot of people still dont relaize that china controls what we are allowed to patch

• dakwa1
    dakwa1 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't know. I have not been able to log in sense the patch. So I could not say whether it was good or not. All I know is that the patch deleted the command .Dill so I cannot start the game.
    b:angry
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    dakwa1 wrote: »
    I don't know. I have not been able to log in sense the patch. So I could not say whether it was good or not. All I know is that the patch deleted the command .Dill so I cannot start the game.
    b:angry

I bet it's not the patch deleting anything so much as you, like everyone else who has this problem, not remembering to exclude your client directory from AV/Firewall and so this huge update made them eat it. And I'm also willing to bet that if you did exclude it like you're supposed to and then verified you'd be fine... like everyone else this has ever happened to.
    lol alot of people still dont relaize that china controls what we are allowed to patch

Amazingly, yes. Then again, we still have people every week that ask why the servers are down during maint so... b:sweat
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Amazingly, yes. Then again, we still have people every week that ask why the servers are down during maint so... b:sweat

This.

I feel like the average IQ of the PWI community has eroded over the last year or so. b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Biggest issue imo is the chat freezing, its annoying af to deal with. The new event was kinda bleh due certain factions abusing being blue.

Still, Rogue, Nem & Defiance had some nice PK near Cromagmon Village after all had plundered all they could, I know some were recording it so there might be some videos up at some point. Think Pandora joined too at some point. I cant remember last time I had as much PvP fun on open map. It was laggy af but then again there was 50+ ppl PKing from the looks of it. I joined bit late as I was trying to defend carts from blue names, which was quite frustrating.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited August 2014
    Still, Rogue, Nem & Defiance had some nice PK near Cromagmon Village after all had plundered all they could, I know some were recording it so there might be some videos up at some point. Think Pandora joined too at some point. I cant remember last time I had as much PvP fun on open map. It was laggy af but then again there was 50+ ppl PKing from the looks of it. I joined bit late as I was trying to defend carts from blue names, which was quite frustrating.

That sounds like fun :o

• opkossy
    edited August 2014
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1710431 says that it's a fix for the chat issues. A few others have said that removing the grey system messages does it for them.

I haven't experienced it personally but I use custom chat filters too, so it may very well be one or the other.
  • coopoor
    edited August 2014
    oh i realize thatfact that china controls game content but it always amuses me the amount of game glitches we manage to get after an update i guess pwi ticket system will be flooded with high volume for the next few weeks until they sort all of this out
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    It's partly because a lot of things we consider glitches is totally normal for China or because China doesn't have PvE servers while we do.... and as seen with the event botique update that gave us the "only can be used on bound items" refine aids, we get China's state of things with our patches. For the vast majority, it's totally okay and managable because it's just small patches. For expansions and content updates? We're basically getting China's settings copy/pasted over our's because they can't be bothered to remember that we have a few different things and make sure that the huge patch they sent us has those minor differences intact.
  • coopoor
    edited August 2014
    Ahh theres where all the glitches come from The 2 game are simalar but i guessing your relying on us to tell you what an where doesn t work
  • dakwa1
    edited August 2014
    I bet it's not the patch deleting anything so much as you, like everyone else who has this problem, not remembering to exclude your client directory from AV/Firewall and so this huge update made them eat it. And I'm also willing to bet that if you did exclude it like you're supposed to and then verified you'd be fine... like everyone else this has ever happened to.

The only problem is that I have never had this issue from the time I have played this game until now. What ever the problem is, it only happened with this update and no others.
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • coopoor
    edited August 2014
    what your saying may be right but thers another problem this version an china version although the same game they are slightly different i never had problems withlogging on game or playing game an i have been playing game for a long time. So if wat kossey is saying is the way this version applies the china patch however big or small being new game content or a simple maintence. The china content sent over here is never going to match this version without things going wrong somewhere in the game. While the overall content of update may work some of the other things in game may not
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    The only problem is that I have never had this issue from the time I have played this game until now. What ever the problem is, it only happened with this update and no others.

Yeah people say that all the time too.

Go exclude your entire client directory, verify your files three times, and reboot. I can practically guarantee that your issue will be solved when you do that. Remember, just because your AV didn't get it at first doesn't mean something new will keep it from eating important files or blocking connections. Same thing happens with the false positive people still get after certain big patches because they never excluded the client like they're supposed to... even though they "never had this problem before".
  • dakwa1
    edited August 2014
    Yeah people say that all the time too.

Go exclude your entire client directory, verify your files three times, and reboot. I can practically guarantee that your issue will be solved when you do that. Remember, just because your AV didn't get it at first doesn't mean something new will keep it from eating important files or blocking connections. Same thing happens with the false positive people still get after certain big patches because they never excluded the client like they're supposed to... even though they "never had this problem before".

Even with tech's help I could not get it running. I finally had to uninstall and reinstall the game and got it to work.
  • dakwa1
    edited August 2014
    Well I thought I had it fixed. I reinstalled the game and I guess I'll have to reload that last patch everytime I open the game? b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dakwa1 wrote: »
    Well I thought I had it fixed. I reinstalled the game and I guess I'll have to reload that last patch everytime I open the game? b:angry

Totally.

This is a bad troll, right...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • coopoor
    edited August 2014
    well i guess you guys in pwi land have decided to keep it turned off oops i mean the ability for one to turn on hypers in fc ya had a week of plenty of tickets about it but i guess you must have had a little trouble you may or may not plan on fixing it but than the general population of the game may or may not decide on playing a broken game i would suggest taking the game offline for how ever long it takes an get it fixed