Earning time ?

Options

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Even though tokens aren't a drop, the thought of that is fairly hilarious.

Not based off drops, but counting contribution and such during the fight. Not sure how they coded contribution, but if that was affected it would make how the tokens are rewarded not matter.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just so you guys know, it was just proven (finally) in the scientific community that the reasoning 'Well I never had/needed it as a kid and I was fine' is psychologically just a sign of extreme, unrealistic jealousy! :3
    So we should probably stop using that as an arguement to support the viewpoint of anti-botting. Come on, guys.

Source plox. b:chuckle

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    MoG is 5 mil on your server?b:shocked Are we talking about Medal Of Glory? Cause on RT server is over 30mil

Oh meant GST
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Source plox. b:chuckle

I really want an article source for it as apposed to a first hand experience record from someone who saw the documents.... once I weasel enough information out of my partner who told me that was an advancement, I am going to find that damn thing online to be able to link it 3:< What was the search for just research papers on google, 'google academics' or something?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just gonna throw this in here: did BH Metal run with a barb yesterday whose earning time was up ( chest flashing red, system message in squad telling us squad member X's earning time was up ).

We all got our badges from the advanced boss, but no mold drop.

Now, in our case, it was okay: Barb asked if we cared about the mold, and we all said we didn't, so no one yowled when no boot mold dropped. However, I can see this causing problems if people aren't aware that apparently having one squad member with spent earning time can affect the drops in Warsong, especially during FWS. I can tell you the Barb got out-damaged pretty quickly on boss, so I'm not sure what factors are at work here.
  • SpectreBR - Dreamweaver
    SpectreBR - Dreamweaver Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »
    What do you mean by "4h of gameplay"? The earning time ONLY depletes if you are auto-botting, not if you are playing normally... Also, I hope this is intentional and I hope this is permanent, gotta stop that inflation (botting is not the only thing that helps the inflation, but still, is one of the 3 main factors).

The purpose of the bot was never to "farm" endless DQ+other stuff, the purpose was just to "auto-complete" your quests, as in, the quests where you need 100 mobs.

So... I find this QQ rather interesting.

I didn't get any drop at UCH cause half of my squad were on earning time.

So don't talk **** about u dont understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Biodegradable post, doesnt harm the environment, only users.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    there r already squad who kick out or dont accept ppl who spend all their earning time b:chuckle
  • Psycho_sin - Lothranis
    Psycho_sin - Lothranis Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So now we have an earning time on botting, whats next a shopping time for merchants? b:sad
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I didn't get any drop at UCH cause half of my squad were on earning time.

So don't talk **** about u dont understand.

I second this.
    +Earning time doesn't only go down via botting, either.
    You'd think with so many pages and posts that people would read as apposed to spouting the same speculations they did on day one.
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Has Sparkie even commented on any of this yet? Tomorrow is Monday and business hours will be in effect, almost a full week after update, Can we expect to hear anything from someone who knows something?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Has Sparkie even commented on any of this yet? Tomorrow is Monday and business hours will be in effect, almost a full week after update, Can we expect to hear anything from someone who knows something?

Soon.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:cry
    Soon.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:cry

I had to do it, I'm sorry. x3
    Though I really do hope we hear something, if when we get maintiance again these non-patchnote features are not removed.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I guess the recommendation right now is dont bot with main characters especially if you plan on joining a squad that is looking for drops such as molds in FWS, or face the distinct possibility of being kicked from the squad. It's that simple.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Instances don't hurt the economy. None of them.

Inis generate Mats that have to be bought by coins and thus only transfer existing coins from one player to another. Botting generates actual coins.

Botting needs to be limited, instances not. That would be extremely unfair. You can attent to botting effortlesly. You can't bot TT/Lunar/ws. You have to put in actual effort. Limiting those can't even be considered anything but unfair.

False. You spend time to earn rewards at those instances. Just as you spend time to earn coin during autoculti. The hard rewards are not affected anyways (quest rewards, basic badges etc) but for people who spend hours grinding TT and then want to bot for another 8... that's having your cake and eating it too imho.

Instances that can be repeatedly ground for rewards (TT, WS, Eden, Brim and earlier FBs etc) should be affected by earning time. Instances that are limited per day (UCH, FSP, AEU, EU etc) should not be.

Choose your reward. A bunch of coin, or items. Simple as that.

And yea, I'm half surprised the AutoPotionStone doesn't add 4 hours of earning time already. Seems that PWI is going in that direction once more...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    WTF quest needs 100 mobs? b:laugh Just stop there. I do not believe I have ever had a 100 count mob quest. And I have comepleted 99% of all quests. I haven't done the demonol and purgatory scrolls quest. Botting was not made for questing.

One of my alts has just started a 100 mob quest in lothranis where they are quite common after lvl 89 but dont always show up on quest list.
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    All I can say is WELCOME to PWI!!! Wooh! b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rcboi96
    rcboi96 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    PW.. Take this bullcrap off pwi right now we don't have time for this, you are really trying to make the game to ware we have no choice but to put money into the game for to to be able to have money in game? you will lose a lot of players and have NO money coming in at all if you keep this up, let us have our earning time whenever we want and take that out of the game bc this is just 100% stupid! You will make people hate this game and people will leave it if you don't stop this soon, let us make money in game and lower your dang prices this isn't real life stuff, it's a GAME! in GAME gear does NOT need to cost as much as a dang used car, it's just a freakin game.. you have plunty of money, you can lower them prices now.. just sayin.. the only easy way to make money without losing profit is by grinding DQ and you NOW are even kinda taking that away from us and that is just going to far PW, let us make money in game, not just hand you money when you already have morethan enough, thanks.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    rcboi96 wrote: »
    PW.. Take this bullcrap off pwi right now we don't have time for this, you are really trying to make the game to ware we have no choice but to put money into the game for to to be able to have money in game? you will lose a lot of players and have NO money coming in at all if you keep this up, let us have our earning time whenever we want and take that out of the game bc this is just 100% stupid! You will make people hate this game and people will leave it if you don't stop this soon, let us make money in game and lower your dang prices this isn't real life stuff, it's a GAME! in GAME gear does NOT need to cost as much as a dang used car, it's just a freakin game.. you have plunty of money, you can lower them prices now.. just sayin.. the only easy way to make money without losing profit is by grinding DQ and you NOW are even kinda taking that away from us and that is just going to far PW, let us make money in game, not just hand you money when you already have morethan enough, thanks.

Want more free handouts? You still have eight hours to bot your DQ. That should be sufficient.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    False. You spend time to earn rewards at those instances. Just as you spend time to earn coin during autoculti. The hard rewards are not affected anyways (quest rewards, basic badges etc) but for people who spend hours grinding TT and then want to bot for another 8... that's having your cake and eating it too imho.

Instances that can be repeatedly ground for rewards (TT, WS, Eden, Brim and earlier FBs etc) should be affected by earning time. Instances that are limited per day (UCH, FSP, AEU, EU etc) should not be.

This guy gets it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Want more free handouts? You still have eight hours to bot your DQ. That should be sufficient.

lol all these people that say **** like this are the ones that either already botted to get all that they want or bought their way up.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    hoover69 wrote: »
    lol all these people that say **** like this are the ones that either already botted to get all that they want or bought their way up.

>Generalizing

Hope you've got proof to back that up m8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    --waiit, wait wait, wait wait.
    If all (well not counting the TT thing) the arguments for earning time is 'it limits botting'....
    Why not change the 169 hours limit in the auto-culti window on botting to 8 hours (the same this earning time is as an example) so that it legit only effects botting? And make it so the timer for the botting resets at 0000 instead of every time you open the window.

Like why hasn't this been said yet.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Wouldn't it be funny if the earning time ended up causing people not to get tokens in fights in NW?

Only affects killing mobs. Doesn't affect veno pet instance though.

LOL! I've been botting nearly non stop since last Christmas. I can say I got my fill of DQ then they took it out. Meh..So what but the QQ despite that change was forthcoming in an announcement sticky for many, many months caused outrage which was hilarious. Then they disabled hypers in frost without warning the 1st time. That was hysterically funny to watch the QQ too. Then they did it again without announcement last week and more QQ and the obligatory "This is the last straw goodbye PWI you suck so I'm quitting " BS. Now this. Will this stop me from botting? Nope. Not even after I run out of earning time. I couldn't care less.

I agree with the others about this being an unintentional oversight by the PW devs. I think this change was accidentally ported from the chinese version just as the hypers in frost thing was. This has happened many times in the past. I cannot see PWI authorizing this kind of change and not informing the playerbase in the patch notes.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    --waiit, wait wait, wait wait.
    If all (well not counting the TT thing) the arguments for earning time is 'it limits botting'....
    Why not change the 169 hours limit in the auto-culti window on botting to 8 hours (the same this earning time is as an example) so that it legit only effects botting? And make it so the timer for the botting resets at 0000 instead of every time you open the window.

Like why hasn't this been said yet.

Because then everyone would just switch to using a third party bot to get around it.

tbh, earning time was probably intentional and targeted not only at people that use the auto-culti system, but at the third party botters as well. You know, because why bother doing their job and banning people that use them when they can just mitigate the problem for awhile. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • cashmeare
    cashmeare Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Because then everyone would just switch to using a third party bot to get around it.

tbh, earning time was probably intentional and targeted not only at people that use the auto-culti system, but at the third party botters as well. You know, because why bother doing their job and banning people that use them when they can just mitigate the problem for awhile. :/

as they already have done i've seen this on my server already
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    cashmeare wrote: »
    as they already have done i've seen this on my server already

3rd party bots are still affected by earning time. This just means said person behind them will have to make more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

And yea, I'm half surprised the AutoPotionStone doesn't add 4 hours of earning time already. Seems that PWI is going in that direction once more...

All instances can't be botted that's why it's unfair to limit those. You have to actually spend yur time doing TTs (for example). You can't afk that. You can afk and bot all day long if you want to and doing all the stuff you want meanwhile. You can't do that while you grind tt.

You put effort in farming TT, but you need to put zero effort in botting. Limiting anything that requires effort is just another punch in the face for the F2P community.

You are not forced to farm TT and it even got nearly a waste of time with the gold being capped now and the price limit via chips.

I se it like that. You wanna put in 16 hours a day farming TT to get ahead of others? Ya do it, you waste away friggin amounts of time to do so, so you clearly deserve that advaantage.

You wanna put in 0 hours a day and just bot to keep up with everyone that is just occassionally spamming TT without any effort put? Sure, sounds amazingly fair.

I hate anything that stops or limits ppl from putting effort into something. NOT GOOD AT ALL!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    3rd party bots are still affected by earning time. This just means said person behind them will have to make more.

Not the herb and mat farmers.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options

Meh. Now this is just:
    Why don't we just take Bikini Bottom.... and push it somewhere else?