Earning time ?

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've got only 2 feature requests to be implemented for this:
    1: A GUI indicating earning time remaining for your character... maybe a warning at the 2 and 1 hour mark with a flashy icon in your tray (use the inventory icon with a green aura for normal, then yellow at 2hrs, orange at 1hr, red if expired icon - so you can see immediately what your state is).
    2: Integration with Autocultivation. Earning time up? Bot ports to town, just like if weapon breaks. This both saves you on repair costs and leaves the spot free for other people who might want it.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone possibly considered that this changes people's game play so substantially across the board that if PWI has not given any explanation to it in the patch notes then it probably isn't intentional?

PWI has, I think, introduced new aspects of gameplay without announcing it. But rarely, and very very insignificant ones.

SOmething as significant as limiting the amount of botting time or affecting drops because someone in squad has reached the limit... surely they would have provided an explanation if it was intentional.

By the way, the last time the FCC hyper glitch happened, they didn't fix it until two weeks later. So I don't really expect the next maintenance to answer all my questions about what is intentional and what is here to stay. All I can go on is the patch notes.

Having said that... did anyone see any mention from a PWI staffer about the changes to the BH? I didn't, and yet those changes definintely seem to be intentional. So in the end, I may eat my words. But I'm still pretty convinced the changes/glitches in the botting system isn't something they meant to do.
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Earning time is wonderful.
    Now people with with 10 bots same time will earn less than half.
    Only 10 hours instead of 24 hours with 10 characters.
    so now if they want to earn the same amount as before they gonna have to level up and gear 10 more characters b:laugh

b:bye good luck managing over 10 characters and switching I bet you will be deprived of your sleep b:laugh now you have to check if earning time is over too and spend time switching!
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So much for the statement that this wont reduce botting b:laugh

I just made a quick fly-over the most bot-ulated places and WTH...only a few bots remained...the maps are nearly completely empty again <3

This earning time feature is amazing but I agree that it needs some enhancements:

1. Like it has been said before. We need a GUI that indicates our current time.
    2. Leave it out of instances. It's no use to implement this all over the game practically limiting anyone to 8 hours of gameplay each day. Just make all instances like EU and AEU which are protected zones that wont get affected by earning time restrictions. (Which is redicolous since we all know that the drops from EU/AEU are kinda crappy anyways..ah well)
    3. Restrict the open world time to 6 or 4h. 8h is a good go, but still too much. 4h is enough for a healthy portion of questing/dailies (be honest here ppl, 4h are sufficient by far)
    4. Bring in an item that revokes the earning time effects for 200m coins that can be bought at an NPC for said ingame coins. Why? Cause then you could still bot for exp and revoke the effects of botting income to the community. So only exp/spirit could be effectively bottet. I guess for 200m it should last around 14 days. Should be a consumable item ofc that just sets a safe timer.

All our inflation and dumb botting problems solved in no time. **** those massive addictive ppl that complain about that they dont get any alrdy worthless drops while doing quests to lvl up cuz 8h or 4h arn't sufficient...those are by far the tiniest part of the community and should be ignored. Ya sounds harsh but we need that change.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i love this earning time. the only i request not to get penalty from it are UCH and FS :)
  • bannokmak
    bannokmak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so now if they want to earn the same amount as before they gonna have to level up and gear 10 more characters b:laugh

b:bye good luck managing over 10 characters and switching I bet you will be deprived of your sleep b:laugh now you have to check if earning time is over too and spend time switching!

With 10 chars. still can get 24-26M per day with this earning time limit. b:chuckle Even if it couldn't compare to farm TT x100 runs in 10 hours but it's pure coins without sweating. And oh you don't need to check them all the time if you place them at once in the same time and you will know when your chars gonna hit earning time limit.

And I hope this economy inflation in game gonna reduce SOON. As I see pwi try to nerf all type farming streatgy cause it effects all people not just Botting. So good luck with it. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I will only believe this once the gold price drops from 4m down to 3~3.5.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You know this is hardly this bad, right?

Say I have 5 accounts, all botting. Now, if this earning time was permanent, all I have to do is level 1 new character on each of those accounts. I don't have to gear it as I made the alts the same class as my original bots.
    So, once the minimal effort of leveling these alts is done, all that needs to happen is to swap them all at the same time, once a day. The loss of any going over earning-time is a non-issue,as it'd only be a couple hours.
    If it's permanent, there will be a dry spell of open bot-spots while people level yet more alts to compensate for their losses.
    Has anyone possibly considered that this changes people's game play so substantially across the board that if PWI has not given any explanation to it in the patch notes then it probably isn't intentional?

PWI has, I think, introduced new aspects of gameplay without announcing it. But rarely, and very very insignificant ones.

SOmething as significant as limiting the amount of botting time or affecting drops because someone in squad has reached the limit... surely they would have provided an explanation if it was intentional.

By the way, the last time the FCC hyper glitch happened, they didn't fix it until two weeks later. So I don't really expect the next maintenance to answer all my questions about what is intentional and what is here to stay. All I can go on is the patch notes.

Having said that... did anyone see any mention from a PWI staffer about the changes to the BH? I didn't, and yet those changes definintely seem to be intentional. So in the end, I may eat my words. But I'm still pretty convinced the changes/glitches in the botting system isn't something they meant to do.
    All in all though, I still believe this is what actually happened and we'll see it reverted. I think alot of people are waiting to see if it is, hence the empty bot spots. Noone wants to level new alts if they don't have to, so they're just biding their time to see what happens.
    I don't think anyone should be too excited one way or the other until they say something, or read too much into the empty bot spots currently due to this time of uncertainty of its permanent.
    Their lack of any response at all to confirm or deny whether it was intentional also seems to point to it being unexpected for PWE as well, and they're not sure what to say at the moment until they know for sure.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I love earning time ;)
    it should stay. Just fix it so it doesn't effect instances ;)
    edited August 2014
    I love earning time ;)
    it should stay. Just fix it so it doesn't effect instances ;)
    I'm not sure this would be right, speaking as a botter and an instance spammer.

If limits are going to start being placed to control the economy, you can't just limit one aspect and leave others open for spamming. Though, different limits would be needed as instance spamming (especially on 2x) does hurt the economy but to a lesser extent, so it too would need these limits applied.

However, that being said, I don't agree with any limits put on gameplay. I played another MMO that had restrictions on what you could in a day - how many dungeons you could run, how many mobs you could kill, how many bosses......and I don't play that MMO anymore. It was too restricting and in what is supposed to be a free, open world genre, the worst thing you can do is start restricting what people can do with their time - especially with the amazingly diverse playerbase interacting in MMO's.

There are other methods of economy control PWE could take, many have been discussed on these forums, that would not place restrictions on how people play and make coin (be it instances, bots, catshops...)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure this would be right, speaking as a botter and an instance spammer.

If limits are going to start being placed to control the economy, you can't just limit one aspect and leave others open for spamming. Though, different limits would be needed as instance spamming (especially on 2x) does hurt the economy but to a lesser extent, so it too would need these limits applied.

However, that being said, I don't agree with any limits put on gameplay. I played another MMO that had restrictions on what you could in a day - how many dungeons you could run, how many mobs you could kill, how many bosses......and I don't play that MMO anymore. It was too restricting and in what is supposed to be a free, open world genre, the worst thing you can do is start restricting what people can do with their time - especially with the amazingly diverse playerbase interacting in MMO's.

There are other methods of economy control PWE could take, many have been discussed on these forums, that would not place restrictions on how people play and make coin (be it instances, bots, catshops...)

Instances don't hurt the economy. None of them.

Inis generate Mats that have to be bought by coins and thus only transfer existing coins from one player to another. Botting generates actual coins.

Botting needs to be limited, instances not. That would be extremely unfair. You can attent to botting effortlesly. You can't bot TT/Lunar/ws. You have to put in actual effort. Limiting those can't even be considered anything but unfair.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited August 2014
    Instances don't hurt the economy. None of them.

Inis generate Mats that have to be bought by coins and thus only transfer existing coins from one player to another. Botting generates actual coins.

Botting needs to be limited, instances not. That would be extremely unfair. You can attent to botting effortlesly. You can't bot TT/Lunar/ws. You have to put in actual effort. Limiting those can't even be considered anything but unfair.
    I think limits are wrong in any case and unfair to limit anyone of how they can generate income.
    Some people can't bot, but others can't spam TT/WS/Lunar for 14 hours a day on 2x either.
    It's a very slippery slope once started, which is why I hope this is temporary.

There's other ways to control the economy without limiting people.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    I think limits are wrong in any case and unfair to limit anyone of how they can generate income.
    Some people can't bot, but others can't spam TT/WS/Lunar for 14 hours a day on 2x either.
    It's a very slippery slope once started, which is why I hope this is temporary.

There's other ways to control the economy without limiting people.

There was a time without botting. But there never was a time w/o inis.

players maanged to get their stuff. FC and theauto-culti feature especially only enhance the laziness of the playerbase and nothing more.

I'm very...well kinda oldschool there. But imho ppl deserve only the stuff they worked for or at least put some effort in. The auto culti feature limits the effort in just finding the right spot to bot. redicolous.

Is it really that much of a miracle that we all are flooded and bound with nubs these days? ppl don't have to think anymore or come up with strategies to reach their goals. Players these days in PWI getting dumbed down more and more.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • terese
    terese Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    LOL for all you you ppl out there, best way that PWI could control bots and inflation is make turn on autoculti also turn on PK mode on bots. Also make bot turn red name after 4 hours of culti activate (hummmm, hunting bot for DQ and gears drop sound like alot of fun to me)

That way any bot that camp quest mobs going to be gone in about 2 min, problem solve no more mass botting, PVP servers dont have problem with botting, all the QQ I see is from ppl in PVE server,
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just so you guys know, it was just proven (finally) in the scientific community that the reasoning 'Well I never had/needed it as a kid and I was fine' is psychologically just a sign of extreme, unrealistic jealousy! :3
    So we should probably stop using that as an arguement to support the viewpoint of anti-botting. Come on, guys.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Well I never had oxygen as a kid and I was fine!

... Wait is that doing it wrong? b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Well I never had oxygen as a kid and I was fine!

... Wait is that doing it wrong? b:laugh

Hehehe :3<3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    i was about to quote some1 ... but i guess MoD deleted post o.o since i dont see it anymore ;O

Umm i had a seeker in my BH Snake squad and he had reached his earning time limits. And we got drops from Snake boss and Vile

In guild mates squad there was veno who reached her earning time limits and sqaud didn't got drops o.o

how come my squad didn't get effected but guild mates squad did ;O
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    i was about to quote some1 ... but i guess MoD deleted post o.o since i dont see it anymore ;O

Umm i had a seeker in my BH Snake squad and he had reached his earning time limits. And we got drops from Snake boss and Vile

In guild mates squad there was veno who reached her earning time limits and sqaud didn't got drops o.o

how come my squad didn't get effected but guild mates squad did ;O

That is because it only matters if the player that does the major dmg has reached the limit or not.

That seeker was most likely not the main dd. I tested this out quite some time yday. If you have no limitations and deal the most dmg anythng is just fine. it just doesnt matter what others do as long as you deal the most dmg.

Ofc the ppl in your squad w/o limitations must deal more dmg then the ones with the limitations going on. If you deal more dmg then anyone else but the ppl in your squad that used their earning time deal more dmg then you all together then you get 0 drops.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • SummerSnowC - Harshlands
    SummerSnowC - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why have people gotten so dependant on botting? Wonder how people earned money in the over FIVE years we didn't have a bot :s

Rapture/Uncanny price weren't less than 100k before. Pages price was around 600k each before. Nirv gears were the best gear you can get in game before. How people earned money in over FIVE years? It's easy to make money before than now.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    That is because it only matters if the player that does the major dmg has reached the limit or not.

That seeker was most likely not the main dd. I tested this out quite some time yday. If you have no limitations and deal the most dmg anythng is just fine. it just doesnt matter what others do as long as you deal the most dmg.

Ofc the ppl in your squad w/o limitations must deal more dmg then the ones with the limitations going on. If you deal more dmg then anyone else but the ppl in your squad that used their earning time deal more dmg then you all together then you get 0 drops.

seeker was r9rr +12 ;O

dont remember if he tanked or not b:surrender

im sure in guild mates squad veno didnt out dd any1 since there were way stronger ppl there

thats why im kinda wondering xD

• Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rapture/Uncanny price weren't less than 100k before. Pages price was around 600k each before. Nirv gears were the best gear you can get in game before. How people earned money in over FIVE years? It's easy to make money before than now.

It's so much easier. I farmed my rank9 gear(not bow or belt) by spamming a couple of 2x nirvanas. People also did world bosses and could sell things that way. Skill books were a lot rarer and sold for more. Things were cheaper too. MoG's were 3mil instead of the 5 that I see in WC now. For some reason Pstones have skyrocketed in price. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's so much easier. I farmed my rank9 gear(not bow or belt) by spamming a couple of 2x nirvanas. People also did world bosses and could sell things that way. Skill books were a lot rarer and sold for more. Things were cheaper too. MoG's were 3mil instead of the 5 that I see in WC now. For some reason Pstones have skyrocketed in price. b:shocked

MoG is 5 mil on your server?b:shocked Are we talking about Medal Of Glory? Cause on RT server is over 30mil
    giphy.gif

• opkossy
    edited August 2014

People can delete their own posts here. b:cute
    edited August 2014
    There was a time without botting. But there never was a time w/o inis.

players maanged to get their stuff. FC and theauto-culti feature especially only enhance the laziness of the playerbase and nothing more.

I'm very...well kinda oldschool there. But imho ppl deserve only the stuff they worked for or at least put some effort in. The auto culti feature limits the effort in just finding the right spot to bot. redicolous.

Is it really that much of a miracle that we all are flooded and bound with nubs these days? ppl don't have to think anymore or come up with strategies to reach their goals. Players these days in PWI getting dumbed down more and more.
    Honestly, if you want to go back to 3 hour TT runs, spending an hour trying to form a squad, then thats your choice. Oh and if you're a DD class, you get last choice of the mats.
    Thats how we made money in the old days, when venos were OP for being able to solo TT.
    Now, farming TT is hardly 'earning'. People go in and faceroll the bosses solo, rinse and repeat. Yeah, I do this too...because its super easy income.

Then along came rank 9 and Nirvana. People spammed the hell out of Nirvana. Repetitive farming of the same instance for hours and hours. This was about as much 'earning' money as botting is now as it requires just as much thought process. I used to do this really heavily. Duoing Nirvana almost non-stop through a 2x, making tons of coin.

Catshopping as well, requires just as much 'work'. Find a market, set a price, walk away.

But of course, to each their own. If you like this form of earning money, then the game still allows you and me to do that. People who do not have the time to farm TT, or whatever have the choice taken away.
    Its not fair to anyone to limit their method of earning, while letting others have their completely unhindered. What if being in catshop mode started a timer that limits the max amount of cat-mode to 10 hours a day? It involves the same amount of work during those 10 hours as botting.

I'm just saying, limiting one form and not others is a slippery slope when you start dictating how people can generate income and how they must play. It should be open for the variety of people that play, some have way more time than others, some have more cash than others, its a wide variety of people - and they should have all options open to them to generate income, as no matter which way you slice it - limiting anything, in any way will always alienate and **** off a certain percentage of the populace who would rather have that option.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014

No actually its easier way easier to make coin now than before.Sad to say but my main income is from bh cards and other items bh allows me to sell and then fsp i might do two or three runs a day out of the 7 toons able to run fsp a day..can make a hefty 15-20 mill a day just doing fsp alone.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You shouldn't confuse farming mats and selling for coins as the same as farming coin directly. How people got the coin to buy stuff before is pretty much the same as now. They ground it out. AOE farming Ava, 3rd map, spider etc. They got it through BH, best lucks etc.

If you want to talk about how I earn coin through trade, well that hasn't changed for me. I still make coin via TT, selling mats and other things people want.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    People can delete their own posts here. b:cute

indeed... my bad then b:surrender
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wouldn't it be funny if the earning time ended up causing people not to get tokens in fights in NW?
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    Wouldn't it be funny if the earning time ended up causing people not to get tokens in fights in NW?

Even though tokens aren't a drop, the thought of that is fairly hilarious.