So botting is kinda nerfed ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

And to awnser the above post: Mobs have a respawn time. There are bots everywhere but only on very few spots are like 5 or 6 at once. You can't calc in that all mobs will die instantly the moment they respawn. Replacement or not. That depends on other things...lots of things actually.
    Earning time has not changed the respawn rate of the mobs either. Its safe to assume they will die pretty fast tho, as competition for bot spots are rarely left to the slow and weak (which is nothing but truth about them. If you set up a slow killing bot, someone will almost surely set up a more efficient one right on top of you.)

I understand what you people are trying to be cheerful and thanking the gods for...but this earning time is not it. The same mobs are dropping the same coin. Distribution is all thats changed and in fact more punishing the casual botter/player more than the ones who abuse the system.
    Besides that, I'd wager this whole earning time thing was a mistake in the same vein as the FC mix up and will be reverted anyway, rendering this whole thing moot.
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    well idk about the rest of you but i did a test

my bm botted for 9 hrs before running out of earn time, my hubbys wizzy will have bot 10 hrs. so if we dont 'bot' the same amount of time im going to say that it isnt 'length' but the amount of mobs you kill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Earning time has not changed the respawn rate of the mobs either. Its safe to assume they will die pretty fast tho, as competition for bot spots are rarely left to the slow and weak (which is nothing but truth about them. If you set up a slow killing bot, someone will almost surely set up a more efficient one right on top of you.)

I understand what you people are trying to be cheerful and thanking the gods for...but this earning time is not it. The same mobs are dropping the same coin. Distribution is all thats changed and in fact more punishing the casual botter/player more than the ones who abuse the system.
    Besides that, I'd wager this whole earning time thing was a mistake in the same vein as the FC mix up and will be reverted anyway, rendering this whole thing moot.

How would it hurt the casual more than the "abuser".

If everyone has less time to effectively bot, that means less stronger people stealing your kills on the whole. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and start thinking realistically instead of always blaming those who are stronger/richer/more succesfull.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • cashmeare
    cashmeare Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I just hope a GM will address this soon and tell us what is happening and if it is permanent or a bug or whatever let us know what is going on and if this will be changed. All the QQ'g isn't going to fix anything we need an answer to the questions here in these posts.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    well idk about the rest of you but i did a test

my bm botted for 9 hrs before running out of earn time, my hubbys wizzy will have bot 10 hrs. so if we dont 'bot' the same amount of time im going to say that it isnt 'length' but the amount of mobs you kill

I really, really hope this is the way they have set it. I only bot for maybe 3 hours a day (only when I'm actually at the computer) so this doesn't necessarily affect me. But if it is a time limited thing that kicks in the minute you enter battle mode, it would really be unfair for someone that logged on and played a few minutes in the morning before work, then returned later to be unable to do anything despite not having played all day.

If it is indeed done by mob count, I have absolutely no problem with it. People can easily plan ahead if they don't want it affecting instances, or use a specific alt for botting that they don't do dailies with. I just don't want some sort of earning time counting down while a player isn't even killing things.

Edit: Just saw this other thread and it looks like this must be how we have it:
    csliu2 wrote: »
    i checked the earning time history in pwcn news

at Sep. 2012, pwcn give a optimalize earning time

link
    http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/bulletin/20120927/67270.shtml

when player is in earning time region, move or at attack mode, will consume earning time.

after don't move or stoping attack mode for 12 sec, then stop consume earning time .

So it does kick in when you kill something, but if you stop it will stop counting down. Though I'm concerned about the "move" thing... I hope it doesn't mean that it only stops counting down if you are basically afk standing around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    How would it hurt the casual more than the "abuser".

If everyone has less time to effectively bot, that means less stronger people stealing your kills on the whole. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and start thinking realistically instead of always blaming those who are stronger/richer/more succesfull.
    The abusers with 15 alts, running many accounts more than the ToS allows, will simply level more characters on those accounts and continue to abuse. How hard is it to do that nowadays? Its pretty damn easy to do so.

However, Joe Casual, who has 1 account or even the legal limit of 2, bots through the day while he works and plays his characters at night is now screwed. His character when he gets home is out of earning time and limited to what he can do with it - while the abuser is switching his 15 accounts to the their alts to continue to bot farm, unhindered in his mains gameplay since all he had to do was level a new alt on each account.

Realistic thinking would be that this earning-time is not a magical fix to the coin that floods into the economy from botting, is what I've been saying that you somehow twisted into me feeling sorry for myself? When you don't even know if it directly affects me at all to begin with. If you actually want to respond decently, try doing so without accusing people of something you are wrong about, without any information or knowing the person at all. It was just sad to end that post the way you did without knowing me or my botting habits at all.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The abusers with 15 alts, running many accounts more than the ToS allows, will simply level more characters on those accounts and continue to abuse. How hard is it to do that nowadays? Its pretty damn easy to do so.

However, Joe Casual, who has 1 account or even the legal limit of 2, bots through the day while he works and plays his characters at night is now screwed. His character when he gets home is out of earning time and limited to what he can do with it - while the abuser is switching his 15 accounts to the their alts to continue to bot farm, unhindered in his mains gameplay since all he had to do was level a new alt on each account.

Realistic thinking would be that this earning-time is not a magical fix to the coin that floods into the economy from botting, is what I've been saying that you somehow twisted into me feeling sorry for myself? When you don't even know if it directly affects me at all to begin with. If you actually want to respond decently, try doing so without accusing people of something you are wrong about, without any information or knowing the person at all. It was just sad to end that post the way you did without knowing me or my botting habits at all.
    Just think of it as the lesser evil >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    More like farming has been nerfed. In other words, this effects people who don't bot as well. If any others left that don't.

Don't let me come back and be the last player still living in ancient long lost times.
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    post your opinion on the facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMOhttps://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

I believe it's the only place they pay any attention to.

With tickets I have only had one thing truly fixed since 2009.
    I have never seen an honest straight answer in the forum for anything like this recent change.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    maestro121 wrote: »
    Well if you had bothered to "count" the number of posts earlier in this thread of players giving evidence of getting zero drops after a certain amount of time has passed, you could have saved yourself the bandwidth and the rest of us the headache of reading your ridiculous rant.

Just a few from the first page alone. b:bye

Well Harold, the *majority* of the posts in the thread have been people screaming about how horrible it was without actually giving evidence of real loss. I've seen about 3 so far that directly point to no drops that couldn't be attributed to just lousy drops. I believe them, and I believe that something is broken. I don't believe it's intentional. I believe it's just another PWI Update Screwup.

But if it makes you feel better to yell at the screen at *me*, then I can only say Enjoy Yourself.

It's fun to watch.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein