list of glitches after the expansion

Options
cautiousfighter
cautiousfighter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Quality Corner
So far the new expansion got new glitches with it and that's what I heard and experienced:

-hypers can't be used in FC
-can't attack guards in pk mode and they flash so fast (veno daily, not sure if that's correct since i did it lately)
-chat lock/freeze
-game text font of player names, items, npc's (which is the old text font and pretty hard to read to some or most players)
Post edited by cautiousfighter on

Comments

• anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    -game text font of player names, items, npc's (which is the old text font and pretty hard to read to some or most players)

THE FONT. I can't read any names. It's way too small, I don't have the best vision, and this new font is making it really hard for me to play.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So far the new expansion got new glitches with it and that's what I heard and experienced:

-can't attack guards in pk mode and they flash so fast (veno daily, not sure if that's correct since i did it lately)
    -chat lock/freeze

Those are maybe not glitches, but maybe voluntary changes or since we receive the update from China, we got what they use and CN cannot hyper in FC, which is normal for them, they do not have PVE servers so they don't have that issue with the veno's daily instance, as much as some people don't like that font, some people like it cause it can avoid scamming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Those are maybe not glitches, but maybe voluntary changes or since we receive the update from China, we got what they use and CN cannot hyper in FC, which is normal for them, they do not have PVE servers so they don't have that issue with the veno's daily instance, as much as some people don't like that font, some people like it cause it can avoid scamming.

I think the chat issue must be a glitch. Why would they make chat stop working intentionally?

And there has got to be another font out there with a capital i that doesn't look like an L, if that is what they are going for. I have 20/15 vision and I find it hard to read. I tried to browse catshops yesterday in West Arch and ended up logging off with a headache.

It's possible that the hypers and chat thing are pulled from PWCN accidentally, because both have happened in the past and were fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • rosesrpurple
    rosesrpurple Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Notr sure if this is due to the patch,but I have been trying to collect Fungus for my Venomancer in order to expan de her pet bag. I have been trying for a week and have collected a total of 52,although some of those we bought in a catshop. It used to be that the drop rate was 1 out of every 10 mobs and now when I was getting drops it was maybe 1 out of every 50 mobs. 2 days agao,I was trying to collect Fungus from the various mobs that were listed in the encyclopedia that are supposed to drop this item and within the 4 hours I was killing these various mobs I did not have a single Fungus to drop. Please someone fix this issue,I would like to be able to expand the pet bag on my venomancer so she can use all of the pets I have bought and collected for her
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Notr sure if this is due to the patch,but I have been trying to collect Fungus for my Venomancer in order to expan de her pet bag. I have been trying for a week and have collected a total of 52,although some of those we bought in a catshop. It used to be that the drop rate was 1 out of every 10 mobs and now when I was getting drops it was maybe 1 out of every 50 mobs. 2 days agao,I was trying to collect Fungus from the various mobs that were listed in the encyclopedia that are supposed to drop this item and within the 4 hours I was killing these various mobs I did not have a single Fungus to drop. Please someone fix this issue,I would like to be able to expand the pet bag on my venomancer so she can use all of the pets I have bought and collected for her

The game drops based on an element cycle, has since the game first opened. When the element of the cycle is ascendant, the drops are increased for all mob types. Duke Blacke sometimes tells you during one of his rumor quests, but it's usually easier to kill X amount of mobs and see if there is more.

There is also a chance they use the destruction cycle, which means if the ascendant element is the destroyer of your mob's element, it would have lower drop rates. Haven't seen anything written to support it, but considering they included the element cycle and it's based on Chinese culture is possible. And would explain the stretches of getting **** drops every so often everyone who has AoE'd on map has had at one point or another.
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The game drops based on an element cycle, has since the game first opened. When the element of the cycle is ascendant, the drops are increased for all mob types. Duke Blacke sometimes tells you during one of his rumor quests, but it's usually easier to kill X amount of mobs and see if there is more.

There is also a chance they use the destruction cycle, which means if the ascendant element is the destroyer of your mob's element, it would have lower drop rates. Haven't seen anything written to support it, but considering they included the element cycle and it's based on Chinese culture is possible. And would explain the stretches of getting **** drops every so often everyone who has AoE'd on map has had at one point or another.

This is the first time I ever hear of this. Can this be confirmed by anyone else? It's not that I don't want to believe, it's just that we've had all kinds of theories like that (refining chances based on location, crit arrow bug, mold drop rates going up if you leave the drops, pressing B+Up to guarantee a catch etc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is the first time I ever hear of this. Can this be confirmed by anyone else? It's not that I don't want to believe, it's just that we've had all kinds of theories like that (refining chances based on location, crit arrow bug, mold drop rates going up if you leave the drops, pressing B+Up to guarantee a catch etc)

It's one of those old rumors like the "Place X refines better than place Y" that nobody was ever able to confirm and that you should take with a massive grain of salt.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And never will be able to without the source. The elemental thing makes more sense however

Humans = fire
    Untamed = wood
    Elves = metal
    Tideborn = water
    Earthguard = earth
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And never will be able to without the source. The elemental thing makes more sense however

Humans = fire
    Untamed = wood
    Elves = metal
    Tideborn = water
    Earthguard = earth

The source is Duke and... well... not too sure you can say the elemental thing makes more sense considering Duke is also the source of the "refining at place X works better than Y" rumors that some people still believe and was giving this nonsense since the game's beginning before we even had tideborn/earthguard for the "water/earth" elements.

Now maybe the original devs wanted to implement mechanics like that (like how Archo was supposed to be one of five huge elemental cities, the map was to be far larger, and so on) but... it's pretty clear that a lot of what they wanted never came to fruition.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Humans = fire
    Untamed = wood
    Elves = metal
    Tideborn = water
    Earthguard = earth

Don't the race-specific faction base materials reflect that same elemental pattern?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options

Don't the race-specific faction base materials reflect that same elemental pattern?
    Well, i wasn't even thinking about that.. but they do, yes (now that you forced me to think about that)
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The source is Duke and... well... not too sure you can say the elemental thing makes more sense considering Duke is also the source of the "refining at place X works better than Y" rumors that some people still believe and was giving this nonsense since the game's beginning before we even had tideborn/earthguard for the "water/earth" elements.
    it's probably just minute.

does anyone have the full explanation of this theory? I would love to test it

Oh, and the refine thing DOES work, but there's no way you could have found that out on PWE's servers

On private servers (I'm not discussing, making a point) people are easily able to copy a weapon/armor EXACTLY, numerous times over (EXACT copies), and following the adivce of Duke will produce a better success rate over the span of items, by about 1-2% (given the sample siize was about 30 of the exact same item)
    (like how Archo was supposed to be one of five huge elemental cities, the map was to be far larger, and so on)

Let me iterate on this a bit:

World map is yes, it's own map with Archosaur, it does not seem earth-based
    Look at Morai and Primal world

I wish to theorize the following:

World Map: wood
    Morai: Earth
    Primal World: water

(You could make a case for Morai being wood and world being earth though)

So maybe not cities, but entire maps. It very well could be extended much further than the original idea. As for why the map is smaller, That seems fairly obvious too. The wold map has ends, they drop off into nothing. HOWEVER, giving themselves 1 grid (as seen for the north part of the map) allows for a view that is more "lovable" thus the extra space is rendered in the engine and not a static background
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    why did we even need an update the new fash sucks the new content is a joke i do how ever like the new fastion viwer in shop other then that everything sucks i feel like we downgraded pwi?

what would have append if we didtnt upgrade?

and why didnt they beta test this patch?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We keep about 2 months behind W2I, Wanmei tests these releases about a month before they put them up. WE have no need to do beta tests, however a lot that is on w2i is different from us.

FC: no hypers on w2
    TT; 4-hour limit, PERIOD
    Quest rewards/quests in general are different
    servers are ALL PvP, no exceptions

(if I come up with more I'll update)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We keep about 2 months behind W2I, Wanmei tests these releases about a month before they put them up. WE have no need to do beta tests, however a lot that is on w2i is different from us.

FC: no hypers on w2
    TT; 4-hour limit, PERIOD
    Quest rewards/quests in general are different
    servers are ALL PvP, no exceptions

(if I come up with more I'll update)
    They also have "Exhaustion Time" on all maps I believe, and Secret Passage is open PvP even on blue names. (which only means under lvl 30 there.)
    Oh, and horns run rampant. (They love horns.)

Seems like there's one other thing, but I can't recall what it is offhand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Oh, and horns run rampant. (They love horns.)

Seems like there's one other thing, but I can't recall what it is offhand.
    Actually, the horns are not that horrid like they were here
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Actually, the horns are not that horrid like they were here
    It's been a while since I logged in there. I'm not even sure I recall my account details now. I should check on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Not sure if these glitches exist before the update, its all in aeu.

- In bushes run, forge does not send message to blow fire or use water.
    This gitch exist before update

- In balance run, quest suddenly reset during balancing.
    - In twins, physical immune boss somehow got stuck in the ceiling and unreachable.
    b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • ishtera1970
    ishtera1970 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hi Liveena,

I think your AEU issues are server connected as I ran teams through 7 of them yesterday with the BH and Weekly and none of this issues happened on Dreamweaver server. Good luck.
  • coopoor
    coopoor Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    chat is glitched susposely 2 x is going on i am not recieving it at all hypers don t work overall lag of game has increased missing npcs for quests from the looks of it this new expansion or game update has done more harm than anything i would suggest that once you get ths update right resetting the server or compensating the people who have the problems i am expirencing
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    There seems to me a change in distance a player is selectable (can someone else confirm?) So even if a player is in view sometimes you're not able to target them. Similarly in the squad settings window and the list of players nearby- if you click on the names, they now only appear in your target if they are relatively close otherwise nothing. Whereas before you could get even a brief target on ppl even if they were quite a distance away (in relative elevation).
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • soulee33
    soulee33 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

-chat lock/freeze

many of us acully work jobs that means when we have tim e to get in the game we want to make it work fast as it can with getting char to lvl 100 so we can use the new expantion ect i have played this game for 5 years i know how to quest and like questing but honestly the loss of hypers bites the big one b:angry i enjoy this game and hope you fix this soon but its much harder to have fun when you mess with things that work well
    hypers are al;so a big part of the econimy in this game get it right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!