So botting is kinda nerfed ?

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did fsp today with 3 people that had 0 earning time and still got 40 pages. Most people leave before pages are handed out so what does it matter.

Were those 3 already at blossom? Because if the weren't on the mini-map when mobs are killed it won't matter. If they were in the room then earning time has no effect.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A great change. I agree that it should go down to 5h a day but only for open world. No instance should be affected by this. No instance can really be abused so having it there is dumb.

Get real ppl...what kind of normal player would normally farm and kill for 5 or even 10 hours a day in this game o.o? **** the friggin auto culti. Just **** it. I wanna see any of you guys killing mobs for several hours w/o having a bot system xD sure some would...those hardcore grinders but they are not even .0001% of the playerbase so doesn't matter at all.

Just keep my tt intact for 16 hour farming sessions during weekend b:laugh
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Were those 3 already at blossom? Because if the weren't on the mini-map when mobs are killed it won't matter. If they were in the room then earning time has no effect.

2 were at the next boss. 1 was in the same room as me while I was killing the mobs. My point is who cares if someone with no earning time joins. I've been in squads and gotten 0 pages. Is it worth saying people aren't allowed to join because you might not get pages? I understand if you're farming for mats, but running a instance for quests shouldn't matter if someone has 0 earning time.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    2 were at the next boss. 1 was in the same room as me while I was killing the mobs. My point is who cares if someone with no earning time joins. I've been in squads and gotten 0 pages. Is it worth saying people aren't allowed to join because you might not get pages? I understand if you're farming for mats, but running a instance for quests shouldn't matter if someone has 0 earning time.

I agree with you but my question had more to do with thinking about TT & Lunar. Looks like good news with 1 in the same room as pages. I could see a lot of people missing squads because of earning time if it has effects on drops in other instances.
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe later I'll try doing TT with a bot that has 0 earning time and see how it goes.
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it wont decrease gold prices, imo gold will stay high or go up even further because now the botters have no income at all so they have to make money some how and guess how they'll do it, use what coin they have saved up, but gold at the current lowest price and sell it for higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bannokmak
    bannokmak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:laugh even got earning time limit but my botsss still do effective if you know what i mean. By the way I hope this will help economic in game reduce inflation.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    rofl, you really think this will change something?

this will not change anything!!!!!!! people just switch to next char.

anf ofc bookpages drops in fsp are not affected. those are not mobs drops..omg
    edited August 2014
    scruncy wrote: »

anf ofc bookpages drops in fsp are not affected. those are not mobs drops..omg

wont change a thing and prices will go up in the end. just like ppl that think increasing the minimum wage in the usa is a good thing, they forget to realize the extra $ has to come from somewhere.. the extra income comes from the business owners either firing ppl, but more often then not, raising prices to compensate the loss..

so as botters make less and less $, gold prices will go up and up.. simple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • poohchai323
    poohchai323 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    wont change a thing and prices will go up in the end. just like ppl that think increasing the minimum wage in the usa is a good thing, they forget to realize the extra $ has to come from somewhere.. the extra income comes from the business owners either firing ppl, but more often then not, raising prices to compensate the loss..

Man... I would like to have wat u r smoking...
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    scruncy wrote: »

Pretty much. I have enough lvl 90+ chars to continue to bot 24 hours a day on 2 accounts. b:pleased
    b:bye
    edited August 2014
    Man... I would like to have wat u r smoking...

what im smoking is FACT. if there is no income to be made or less income to be made via botting, botters will take the $ they have saved buy gold/items an sell at a much higher price.

with the new crappy bh's many ppl will not do bh for the hopes of income, so not doing bh for income coupled with now much less income from botting will end up equaling higher prices to compensate for the loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _mandorallen - Sanctuary
    _mandorallen - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    does anyone already have a clue when earning time resets as it isnt sure anymore with all the different times that it resets with server reset at midnight
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I think its a stretch to think botters will make less. Because 1 character can't bot all day?
    People with 1 character who can bot will make less, but those many people who have multiple characters 90/100+ and able to bot only have to change characters a couple times a day.
    This farming time will not change the amount of coin generated at all.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    what im smoking is FACT. if there is no income to be made or less income to be made via botting, botters will take the $ they have saved buy gold/items an sell at a much higher price.

with the new crappy bh's many ppl will not do bh for the hopes of income, so not doing bh for income coupled with now much less income from botting will end up equaling higher prices to compensate for the loss.

This is sooo much nonsense. No offense but...

Well, how are ppl supposed to buy those "skyrocketing" golds then if the overall income shrinks?

It's not like ppl wouldn't try to sell for higher to compensate things, it's just that they are "screwed" anyways simply because most ppl couldn't afford paying that much and thus the sellers will be forced to either spend their golds on packs/items or to lower the prices. If you have less coins on the server then that always means a drop in gold prices.

CSers are not the ones that buy gold with coins. Free2Play'ers and botters are buying gold with coins. CSers just charge zen if they need gold.

With the current BH-Setup we might drop back to 2.5m each gold in less then a year if they would just remove the friggin bot-system completely and punish any botter mercyless.

My main income is TT, I am a famer. That botting **** is reducing the effectiveness of "regular farmers" in an extreme way. **** the bots.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think its a stretch to think botters will make less. Because 1 character can't bot all day?
    People with 1 character who can bot will make less, but those many people who have multiple characters 90/100+ and able to bot only have to change characters a couple times a day.

*buzzer* wrong. Botters will make less. Those with multiple characters are now limited to running time on each toon. You're forgetting those with 15 characters that were botting 24/7.b:shutup
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    They could always tweak it to be an account wide effect.
    ...I still think they should just do away with the Auto Cultivation system and perhaps leave Earning Time to deal with the illegal bots or something
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    They could always tweak it to be an account wide effect.
    ...I still think they should just do away with the Auto Cultivation system and perhaps leave Earning Time to deal with the illegal bots or something

^This
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

You know this doesn't make any sense, right ?

Previously you could bot 24hrs a day with ALL your toons. Now you have to alternate between who has earn time and who who doesn't. That automatically = less coins.
    edited August 2014
    *buzzer* wrong. Botters will make less. Those with multiple characters are now limited to running time on each toon. You're forgetting those with 15 characters that were botting 24/7.b:shutup
    Want to flip that wrong buzzer at yourself? Botters as a whole will generate the same amount of coin as they always have.
    So lets say a guy has 15 bots all running in 15 different spots all generating coin into the economy. He now has to shut them down after xx hours. You think these spots will go untouched?No, someone else will step up into them and rotate their alts thru it.
    Yeah, one guy makes a bit less if he doesn't have the alts to keep is places, but someone will always be there regardless, flooding the same amount of coin into the economy.
    This earning time changes nothing for the economy.

And youe example is extreme. Most people I know that bot have their own 1 or 2 places they try and keep for themselves, which is closer to the average person. The average person is more likely to be unaffected at all as long as they have a few characters 100+ and halfways geared.
    edited August 2014
    maestro121 wrote: »

Previously you could bot 24hrs a day with ALL your toons. Now you have to alternate between who has earn time and who who doesn't. That automatically = less coins.

both of you are seeing the truth, i dont get how many ppl can be so blinded by this >_<

hopefully this makes it a bit clearer to those of you that dont get it.

]if 1 player has say 2 comps which run 2 bots, before they made 4x the amount of coin,
    now said player has to switch out thier bots to continue to bot for a full day. meaning they make 1/2 the coin or more then they did previously.

which in fact will lower the amount of coin throughout the servers meaning ppl will want more for the items they are selling or the gold they are selling to compensate for the loss of coin.

atm im testing my bot, and as far as MY bot is concerned even drops are nerfed atm. when i use to make 1m in 4 hrs i make nearly 1/2 that now (not talkin about earn time limit being up just drops are nerfed all together)
    Want to flip that wrong buzzer at yourself? Botters as a whole will generate the same amount of coin as they always have.
    So lets say a guy has 15 bots all running in 15 different spots all generating coin into the economy. He now has to shut them down after xx hours. You think these spots will go untouched?No, someone else will step up into them and rotate their alts thru it.
    Yeah, one guy makes a bit less if he doesn't have the alts to keep is places, but someone will always be there regardless, flooding the same amount of coin into the economy.
    This earning time changes nothing for the economy.

And youe example is extreme. Most people I know that bot have their own 1 or 2 places they try and keep for themselves, which is closer to the average person. The average person is more likely to be unaffected at all as long as they have a few characters 100+ and halfways geared.

u are partially correct. yes 'new' ppl may take the spot, so now u have rages and fights and drama over someones hard earned spot being taken, so more b.s being dealt with, it still increase the prices of items because those ppl with '15 bots' as you say are making less so HAVE to find a way to compensate thier losses which equals INCREASE IN ITEM PRICES. ppl will not just go 'oh well i can only bot x hrs an ive lost 1/2 my income oh well' they will find ways to keep thier current income which will mean the items they sell or gold they buy/sell will be at an increased rate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xordaii
    xordaii Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, TT is nerfed for drops if someone had no earn time. We got no gold mats, only green mats on one run of 3-1. Thought was pretty normal, bad luck.

Next run my husband's character joined us. He had been grinding in Morai (responsibly! the mobs we choose are not quest mobs, are in several areas, and we never see anyone else killing them) while at work. Was only about 8 hours until he came home.

Not a single drop. It does effect instances.

Heads up, that makes sense: This has nothing to do with botting. It has to do with hitting mobs/being hit by mobs. While this is happening, be it in an instance, world map, PV, or wherever, it takes away earning time. So those that kill faster have more time, those that take a LONG time to hit the mob and kill it... less so. It isn't tied to botting so much as hitting mobs.

So... next two times? When you want to run day long runs of FW? Or your guild wants to do a day of nothing but TT runs for gear? And yes... I do happen to know some people (mostly bed bound or invalid) who DO play normally not botting for 12+ hours.

I am really hoping it gets fixed myself.
    edited August 2014
    xordaii wrote: »

So... next two times? When you want to run day long runs of FW? Or your guild wants to do a day of nothing but TT runs for gear? And yes... I do happen to know some people (mostly bed bound or invalid) who DO play normally not botting for 12+ hours.

I am really hoping it gets fixed myself.

ty for pointing this out, there are MANY ppl that play pwi that are unable to do much of anything else and they do physically play 12+ hrs a day, and when they are unable to earn even exp it affects everyone.

yes i am all b:angry over the loss of income because my ONE and ONLY bot (now i have been forced to pull bm outa retirement and let her bot when my main 'bot' is resetting her earn usage) was my only source of income, i also bot 'responsibly' i am not on quest mobs..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2014
    which in fact will lower the amount of coin throughout the servers meaning ppl will want more for the items they are selling or the gold they are selling to compensate for the loss of coin.
    But it won't.
    People fight and crowd bot spots before this earning time and they will after. The same amount of mobs will be killed, generating the same amount of coin into the economy. If theres 1 person in a bot spot gaining 1mil an hour, then later 10 ppl are in the same spot fighting for it, those same mobs will still drop 1mil/hour regardless. Its just distributed between the 10 ppl and they each gain far less, but combined the same amount has gone into the economy.
    I'm not debating whether people will try to compensate for their loss, until this is reverted (which in all likelihood will be), because they most certainly will, but the amount of coin as a whole generated by botting still remains the same.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    But it won't.
    People fight and crowd bot spots before this earning time and they will after. The same amount of mobs will be killed, generating the same amount of coin into the economy. If theres 1 person in a bot spot gaining 1mil an hour, then later 10 ppl are in the same spot fighting for it, those same mobs will still drop 1mil/hour regardless. Its just distributed between the 10 ppl and they each gain far less, but combined the same amount has gone into the economy.
    I'm not debating whether people will try to compensate for their loss, until this is reverted (which in all likelihood will be), because they most certainly will, but the amount of coin as a whole generated by botting still remains the same.

Your theory bases on the thought that those replacement botter are not botting cuz they have no "spot". Nonsense. Those ppl that are botting have and will always bot. Dunno for your Server, but for morai I can surely say that there is likely no one who is not botting, so it will 100% decrease the amount of coins that are in the economy and that is a great thing. Bots deserve nothing. Work for it, then you deserve it.

On the other hand ppl could calculate the power they are using to run bots and simply charge that amount each month..I do have a feeling it is not that much less then you gain through botting in the most cases. Not everyone has power-optimized Notebooks/Nettops and the likes to efficiently run their "bots".
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    maestro121 wrote: »

Not necessarily.

People will find a way to still bot 24 hours. Even with swapping between 2 toons (on the same account) it is only 4 less hours of active botting.

For the time being you will see alot of people building additional alts to just have more characters botting at once to make up for the lost 4 hours.

Getting to a decent level to bot DQ isn't hard or take very long at all. Can level relatively fast with the know-how without even stepping into frost.

The only thing that has really changed is that people will now need to swap accounts, gear etc to continue to bot 24/7. It really is only a minor inconvenience to some.
    b:bye
    edited August 2014
    Your theory bases on the thought that those replacement botter are not botting cuz they have no "spot". Nonsense. Those ppl that are botting have and will always bot. Dunno for your Server, but for morai I can surely say that there is likely no one who is not botting, so it will 100% decrease the amount of coins that are in the economy and that is a great thing. Bots deserve nothing. Work for it, then you deserve it.
    What I said is not a theory and is not based on that. I'm not sure that you even read what I said.

Every bot spot yields a certain average of coins and dq drops. This is regardless if there are 2 people there or 20. All that changes is how those drops are distributed.
    This farm-time limit does not to stop that. Once one bot runs out of time another will take its place, be it the same person on alt or 5 other people. The amount of drops will remain consistent. Do you see all kinds of empty bot spots not that earning time is in place? No, you don't.
    Per person, yes the cashflow is less, but on the whole of every bot-spot, the coins generated is the same, with or without earning time penalties since someone, be it one person or 20, will always be there botting it.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't suppose anyone in this thread ranting about earning time has actually seen drops decrease? Or are you all just reading the message and assuming it's enabled?

I just have to ask because when the icon for Earning Time showed up on our screens nearly a year ago we were told it wasn't turned on here, that that was just a Chinese aftereffect.

I realize asking for evidence cramps everyone's "Sh*t the Bed, ask questions later" philosophy but seriously? And even *if* it is enabled right now, doesn't the last 4-5 years worth of "when a major update is rolled out, some things get turned on by accident" explain 99% of the trouble?

Or is it just more entertaining to run around frothing at the mouth?

\didn't even to bother to count how many people proclaimed "I'm quitting the game then" upthread
    \\cause I'm sure some level headed thinker already has
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    I don't suppose anyone in this thread ranting about earning time has actually seen drops decrease? Or are you all just reading the message and assuming it's enabled?

I just have to ask because when the icon for Earning Time showed up on our screens nearly a year ago we were told it wasn't turned on here, that that was just a Chinese aftereffect.

I realize asking for evidence cramps everyone's "Sh*t the Bed, ask questions later" philosophy but seriously? And even *if* it is enabled right now, doesn't the last 4-5 years worth of "when a major update is rolled out, some things get turned on by accident" explain 99% of the trouble?

\didn't even to bother to count how many people proclaimed "I'm quitting the game then" upthread

It is defenitly on now. My seeker has been botting all day long. I just checked him out. Zero drops/exp/spirit on all mobs he killed at his bot spot/heaven/world map/morai and lunar solo mobs. Not even coins. Yays. This is still a great thing.

And to awnser the above post: Mobs have a respawn time. There are bots everywhere but only on very few spots are like 5 or 6 at once. You can't calc in that all mobs will die instantly the moment they respawn. Replacement or not. That depends on other things...lots of things actually.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Well if you had bothered to "count" the number of posts earlier in this thread of players giving evidence of getting zero drops after a certain amount of time has passed, you could have saved yourself the bandwidth and the rest of us the headache of reading your ridiculous rant.

Just a few from the first page alone. b:bye

My bot in main lands just got earning time and hes geting 0 drops :)
    not controlling just botting but normal game play too.

all maps are covered, my bot was in hell, hubbys was in moria both now earn nothing. my toon i was actually doing stuff on has no earn time too
    I did just normal mob killing after i got the 'outa earn time' message and i get nothing. but its not just botters, normal game play is being 'earn time' useage too