Earning time ?

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't see any information on my toon to check when I'll be back in normal earning mode.

By the way, has anyone already checked PV once the time is out ? What about TT or drops from pupeeter as well ?
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Just had 2 of my twinks run out of earning time. I just shoved them into realm of reflection to level up some more... That seems to work fine. Oddity: In realm of reflection, earning state is normal. Suggests that earning time isn't counted in at least some instances. I'll check which ones and which realm crossings cause earning time to reset/change as one of my mains expires. Shouldn't be long, that BM of mine has been autopunching mobs for a few hours now...

[Edit] Upon entering PV, the earning time state resets to normal for my twink. So PV seems to be exluded.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Does anyone know where to check how much time you have left?

Only way I can check is have a alt squad with my toon. The chest over the class icon turns gold when you have less then a hour left. When you reach 0 it's red and flashing. Besides the hour warning not sure how I can tell how much time I have exactly.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This sounds a lot like exhaustion time from using hypers.
    Anyways, after a 8 hour botting session (on the normal map, not primal), I still have normal earning. I don't seem to get the "Entering an earning control area" message anymore in primal or anywhere else. I have no idea how this is supposed to work.

Does anyone know where to check how much time you have left?

Same.... I haven't seen anyone rage about it on WC, either.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What a awesome new update awesome this is just awesome look at how awesome it is totally awesome.
  • Angels_Age - Dreamweaver
    Angels_Age - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    only way I have an issue with this is if it effects PV
  • poohchai323
    poohchai323 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    only way I have an issue with this is if it effects PV

No it doesnt, confirmed by a faction mate
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe it has to do with mob count instead of x hours a day.

My barb with T3+2 axes have been auto-culting for more than 24 hours already and it wasn't affected by earning time.

Edit: ok, now I was affected by earning time, almost 8 hours of auto-cultivation (after midnight, server time).
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it is not just in primal anymore that you run out of earn time. i botted on 2 diff toons an both ran out in about 8-ish 9-ish hrs from that point on, i gained NO exp NO drops not nerfed, absolutely NOTHING.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure why people are rejoicing about this. This really doesn't change botting at all or stop the flow of coins generated.
    So instead of botting in a spot all day on one character, all thats needs to happen is swap another to bot in the same place for half the day.

All this does is punish anyone who bots their main character while they sleep or at work. Because guess what, when they get to actually play...they now will get zero drops or exp while they play, and from what I have found, can't even squad with people because the drops stop. (I partied my bot with another same-level alt after the bot had ran out of farm-time, while the alt, being newly logged in and having full farm-time available got absolutely nothing when in squad with the bot - this was on the main map, and I have not tried this in instances, but regardless, anyone in squad with you at least on world maps is also being punished for your botting).

While some are rejoicing over this limitation that only punishes people who dont abuse the system, I hope its temporary and in error like FC, so that those who only bot mains overnight/working aren't being punished since thats all this does and doesn't impact botting or the amount of coin generated by it at all, except to encourage people to have many bots to swap between.
    edited August 2014
    I'm not sure why people are rejoicing about this. This really doesn't change botting at all or stop the flow of coins generated.
    So instead of botting in a spot all day on one character, all thats needs to happen is swap another to bot in the same place for half the day.

All this does is punish anyone who bots their main character while they sleep or at work. Because guess what, when they get to actually play...they now will get zero drops or exp while they play,

While some are rejoicing over this limitation that only punishes people who dont abuse the system, I hope its temporary and in error like FC, so that those who only bot mains overnight/working aren't being punished since thats all this does and doesn't impact botting or the amount of coin generated by it at all, except to encourage people to have many bots to swap between.

well said!!! this is another factor in the decreased time ppl can bot. less over all income on servers. ppl assume it will lower prices cuz no one has the $, no sadly the 'rich' will continue to be rich and the rich dictate the prices of everything
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kmarina
    kmarina Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great news! I hope it is true and stays this way now and on.
    edited August 2014
    as i said on the other post about this, i did a test

i played/botted for 9 hrs an ran out of earn time, yet my hubbys wizzy botted for 10. so im going to have to say its not length of time its the amount of mobs you kill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    as i said on the other post about this, i did a test

i played/botted for 9 hrs an ran out of earn time, yet my hubbys wizzy botted for 10. so im going to have to say its not length of time its the amount of mobs you kill.

So I suppose sins that kill everything in one second will run out really fast then, eh?
    Also, are you sure that he didn't just get an extra hour because he was warped at town longer for more repair fees/died more/more idling/critter kill steals/etc?

I'll assume you did a maintained experiment and so go with the idea that you're right, because frankly I'd like you to be right:
    I guess that's kind of nice since that doesn't mean the one who kills something in ten seconds isn't doomed to never get as much money from farming (if botting is their decided way to farm) as the +12s930745 people. (Well, technically they are when you pull multiple characters into the picture but aksdndg I hoped for a second there.)

I finally ran out after like.... 27 hours. Guessing the timer reset at midnuit so more like twelve. (Yo the only reason I can kill things on auto-culti is because I"m HA and have a nix so I can fox, it takes a while.)
    Based on that it takes me twelve hours of killing monsters to get a problem, (and not even a problem since I got the gold chest that says you have less than an hour), I don't think I'm qualified to care about this update accident anymore, though I tried. OTL
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why have people gotten so dependant on botting? Wonder how people earned money in the over FIVE years we didn't have a bot :s
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Why have people gotten so dependant on botting? Wonder how people earned money in the over FIVE years we didn't have a bot :s

I'm pretty sure that there were probably people who had a third party bot set up since the first day they released PWI NA (just exported over the bot from china), don't sound so surprised.

+It's just a really nice thing to have running when you're away having a life if you're not a merchant already.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited August 2014

I'm pretty sure that there were probably people who had a third party bot set up since the first day they released PWI NA (just exported over the bot from china), don't sound so surprised.

+It's just a really nice thing to have running when you're away having a life if you're not a merchant already.

Yeah, probavbly one or two nut heads.. Better then 1000s of zombies running around :s why couldnt the bot be dissabled "accedently" instead? :(
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, probavbly one or two nut heads.. Better then 1000s of zombies running around :s why couldnt the bot be dissabled "accedently" instead? :(

...It is rather strange wandering around PWI and having to assume, until proven otherwise, that all the people running around the world map aren't actually there (so you have no reason to act with etiquette, either), yea :x

I have really ungrounded, sort of confused feelings about the bot since I've only been playing PWI again for a week after quitting for about a year...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014

All this does is punish anyone who bots their main character while they sleep or at work. Because guess what, when they get to actually play...they now will get zero drops or exp while they play, and from what I have found, can't even squad with people because the drops stop. (I partied my bot with another same-level alt after the bot had ran out of farm-time, while the alt, being newly logged in and having full farm-time available got absolutely nothing when in squad with the bot - this was on the main map, and I have not tried this in instances, but regardless, anyone in squad with you at least on world maps is also being punished for your botting).

While there is some truth to what you said, there is a plus side to this/that.

Overpowered mains wont be able to overwhelm botting locations/mobs needed for a quest/just a couple of kills, and while it is true SOME people have alts that are more than capable of 'ruling' a botting spot, a lot do NOT, ergo it gives other people a chance to bot that spot/actually just kill a few mobs for whatever reason.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People are still dominating the botting spots. It's just that now they earn nothing and they dont remove their bots. I have a little fish down in morai being out botted by 2 seekers and another fish with no earning time left. So... maybe they don't know or haven't read forums'. And honestly the people you complain about dominating botting are just going to switch out toons to the same places. My main is out of earning time but my sin isn't, so i switched it out.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People are still dominating the botting spots. It's just that now they earn nothing and they dont remove their bots. I have a little fish down in morai being out botted by 2 seekers and another fish with no earning time left. So... maybe they don't know or haven't read forums'. And honestly the people you complain about dominating botting are just going to switch out toons to the same places. My main is out of earning time but my sin isn't, so i switched it out.

Aye very true, but the chances of every botter having alts capable of dominating a botting spot (once people figure out this is actually for real xD) is quite slim, am thinking that a lot of botters once they realize this will cut back on the botting so they're left with earning time for instances and such.

Though aye I could be wrong, this implementation is still pretty new, there will always be someone clever/strong enough to find a work around, only time will tell how exactly each person will go about it.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Overpowered mains wont be able to overwhelm botting locations/mobs needed for a quest/just a couple of kills, and while it is true SOME people have alts that are more than capable of 'ruling' a botting spot, a lot do NOT, ergo it gives other people a chance to bot that spot/actually just kill a few mobs for whatever reason.
    Very true, however this would provide incentive for people to do so now. Overpowered for botting doesn't take a whole lot.
    If I have a bot in full g16, which is overkill for botting, all I need do is make more alts that can wear that same gear, same class even, and swap them out. Levelling is super easy nowadays, so it would be minimal effort to do so.
    If they leave this system in place, thats all people need to do to get around it.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Very true, however this would provide incentive for people to do so now. Overpowered for botting doesn't take a whole lot.
    If I have a bot in full g16, which is overkill for botting, all I need do is make more alts that can wear that same gear, same class even, and swap them out. Levelling is super easy nowadays, so it would be minimal effort to do so.
    If they leave this system in place, thats all people need to do to get around it.

Yea actually this is my plan. 1 set of gear 3 toons per account I can switch out. I have 3 pc's and 2 teenage boys with accounts. Currently their toons are around 80-90. I'll just level them and gear is cheap. I just won't bot on my main anymore. When I'm not playing my main will sit in realm of reflection and I can bot their accounts.
  • prostang1
    prostang1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So like just anther way for pwi to want everyone to have to spend rl cash versus spending time on the game
  • Kitty_mode - Heavens Tear
    Kitty_mode - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hm I don't anyone is thinking about this affects TT/WS/Lunar..You use earning time for dailies so what about when you get ready to spam warsong for gear molds or TT during x2? Once your earning time is gone bye bye drops..Less farming would mean people would have to cash shop more or just take twice as long to get your gears..Im pretty it's just a glitch b:chuckle if not gonna be alot of people pissed or quitting even XD
  • Arukab - Raging Tide
    Arukab - Raging Tide Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Rest in Peace farming, I was spamming FWS today to get my t3 LA molds and now no more drops from viles. Was hoping on having 3 pieces before NW tomorrow but nope, not allowed to farm that long! This goes for TTspamming too to put gear on the market for thsoe that buy, so expect everything to go up in price as far as TT and craft service go.
    Avatar says I'm a 99 archer, but I'm actually a 102 sin...
  • Adaimonia - Sanctuary
    Adaimonia - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Whether you are for or against earning control, it needs to be implemented better.
    We need an indicator on the Character Info window showing how much earning time is left. A little icon next to the minimap to tell you if you're in an earning control area would be good too.

I don't know what they were thinking making instances earning control areas. (I can confirm Twilight Temple and Warsong City are both earning controlled.)

b:surrender

I just don't get it. Why even give us Auto-Cultivation if they're going to do this?
  • Arukab - Raging Tide
    Arukab - Raging Tide Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree with Ada, I don't think anything is wrong with earning time asa whole, but the fact that instances are controlled by it is ridiculous.
    Avatar says I'm a 99 archer, but I'm actually a 102 sin...
  • Keyborne - Raging Tide
    Keyborne - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    either way this still isnt gonna stop 80% of the botters around.. specially the ones in daily quest/ BQ mob areas who prove they dont give a [CENSORED] about other players. Noones gonna wake up after 8 hours are done and switch toons to bot on.. they will just leave their program up for however long they are afk asleep/working//fishing and their toon will keep killing mobs around weather there are drops/xp or not and everyone else needing it gets screwed cos u cant exactly out kill an archer/mystic one shotting mobs at range in like primal or morai daily areas.

the only way to effictively reduce botting is to FORCE STOP the auto culti process once the limit is reached so they dont attack anymore. keep earning up so they can manually kill mobs if they want but no more auto culti till reset the next server day. Being able to set like 99 hours on auto culti is kinda pointless if you can only go for 8 hours no?
  • eediot
    eediot Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Extremely displeased with this earning time thing.

express your opinion on the pwi facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMOhttps://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

Forums pretty much useless to get anything solved. Tickets only solved one thing for me since 2009.

Why was my previous post about this deleted?