So botting is kinda nerfed ?

Templar - Sanctuary
Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
My bot in main lands just got earning time and hes geting 0 drops :)
Post edited by Templar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    they wont feed you :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • profit
    profit Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    so is pwi way of controlling botting if thanks for the heads up
  • rolandir
    rolandir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dont be surprised i just got this message while in normal gameplay ...
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    not controlling just botting but normal game play too.

all maps are covered, my bot was in hell, hubbys was in moria both now earn nothing. my toon i was actually doing stuff on has no earn time too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    ye pretty much everyone is confirming morai ,mainland, primeval, demon/ sage world all has botting nerf which occur after about 10 hour of botting

i just checked PV it still gives xp which is good i guess
    edited August 2014
    I did just normal mob killing after i got the 'outa earn time' message and i get nothing. but its not just botters, normal game play is being 'earn time' useage too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Can a GM confirm its on purpose to stop gold inflation or its bug like wiht FCC ?

becouse i am not sure if high rollers are even conserned with this nerf coz most of them have **** load of r999 alts and yet again little man is screwed .
  • ashlynnd
    ashlynnd Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is crazy..give us bots and then make it so that we cant use them. Botting in BQ mobs is wrong period, but do not punish those of us who played fair. Make all BQ and Quest mobs worth 0 exp and no drops. That way problem is solved and those of us that do play fair are not affected.
    edited August 2014
    but we would be effected. those that are 'op' an better geared then others will take over the spots that are not botting bq mobs. it will effect those that 'play fair'

to solve the problem they should implement a 2nd or 3rd 'realm' who's mobs drop slightly more items and have slightly more exp.

but making bq/quest mobs worth 0 will just make those of us that arent +10 or better lose thier only source of income because those +10+'ers will just come steal out 'play fair' areas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well 10 hours of botting per day should be sufficient for everyone. The ones it will really affect are the 3rd party bots that never have to stop because they can repair and sell whenever needed, so if this is the case, I like the change
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I find it wrong that they did this to the ENTIRE game. The main map should not be effected by this. What is going on PWE and why hasn't a GM said anything about this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,797 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Am I understanding right that after your out of earning time you wont get any EXP/sprit either? or is this just drops?
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The easiest solution would be to require those on PVE servers to go into PK mode to bot.

PVP servers don't have the same issues that PVE do because it pretty much self regulates. You can't go more then a few hours without getting pked anyway. No one bots at quest spots because it would mean 100% getting pked regularly.
    b:bye
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:chuckle Well, time to lvl more toons.
  • Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited August 2014
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Can a GM confirm its on purpose to stop gold inflation or its bug like wiht FCC ?

becouse i am not sure if high rollers are even conserned with this nerf coz most of them have **** load of r999 alts and yet again little man is screwed .

Why are you complaining? your faction(wont name cause naming and shaming) has morai and most other spots dominated and also saturated with multi alts to pick it all up all controlled by you guys. ohhh i seee what you did there. b:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My bot in main lands just got earning time and hes geting 0 drops :)
    all your drops R mine!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...this sounds like the earn time feature that China had to implement a while back. Probably an accident we got it, like the FC thing. I can't see NA wanting to limit their players to 10 hours of gameplay a day, basically, since it's not 'just for botting'--it makes it so that the moment you enter combat mode, a timer starts counting down as to if you can get drops or not.
    I'd say give it a week or something, sadly.
    Might see gold go down in that week, though...
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ...this sounds like the earn time feature that China had to implement a while back. Probably an accident we got it, like the FC thing. I can't see NA wanting to limit their players to 10 hours of gameplay a day, basically, since it's not 'just for botting'--it makes it so that the moment you enter combat mode, a timer starts counting down as to if you can get drops or not.
    I'd say give it a week or something, sadly.
    Might see gold go down in that week, though...

even worse about this is that earning time affects any mob you hit. no farming TT or world bosses if your time is up. your squad would be pissed xD hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aww yiss, now everyone is going to suffer because a bunch of players were abusing the botting system.

I saw it comming.b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm happy with it
    I was not a fan of keeping my bots up 24/7. Maybe this will lower the coin problem some.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good job pwi for limiting botting.
    They should limit it for 5 hours instead of 10 b:laugh.
    But I do not like that it affect intances.
    It should not affect instance at all. Only world map and heaven/hell.

I hope this helps and lower gold price since my server reached gold ah the cap yesterday.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Chances are it's going to be removed when FC is fixed. Also will do nothing to lower gold prices as people level more alts to bot on.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Aww yiss, now everyone is going to suffer because a bunch of players were abusing the botting system.

I saw it comming.b:bye

Yeah, that's why we can't have nice things b:surrender
    I'm a tad annoyed. It was nice coin, I played by the TOS rules, and helped me level my chars through the soul-crushing rbing process quickly without needing to spam fcc endlessly. Glad I only have 3 left to get to rb2, I'm so tired of leveling b:cry

I vaguely hope it's an error and will be fixed somewhat, but if not I guess we'll figure something out. If they're going to keep it this way, I hope at least they give you an easier way to see how much earning time a char has left, because as far as I can tell there's no way to monitor it or even see its status outside of a squad.

Personally, I don't think it'll change the economy much at all. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't hold my breath. That really requires people to not be desperate enough to push Gold to cap, since it got there, it'll be a long road to get it to drop at all.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thought people would be overjoyed and gold would suddenly plummet.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Surely it is some kind of error. Let's be real here everyone, when has pwi released a bug free expansion? Or simply any expansion where something did not go wrong?
  • persuazian#2545
    persuazian#2545 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    1st of all, I would like to say: "PWI BEST IMPLEMENTATION EVER!" Earning time + active point system FTW!

I bot myself and i dont mind this nerf, as long as gold drops down, even slightly, I'm happy. Only problem is... what contributes to having the red earning time? Number of mobs killed? Or botting for a certain amount of hours?

For those whiners, its not like its being removed from the game completely, just make sure you set the appropriate timing (once gm can confirm the cause) so that you wont effect ur sqd later (if it does effect ur sqd in instances).
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That's nice and dandy and all, but doesn't that mean it will nerf the drops of a squad to hell when you have a person in it with no more earning time?

"FSP LF +#, must still have earning time" incoming.

The regular player that doesn't bot gets screwed over once more.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • persuazian#2545
    persuazian#2545 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Simple, dont invite them. Botters will start to learn that there's a limit to everything xD
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I did fsp today with 3 people that had 0 earning time and still got 40 pages. Most people leave before pages are handed out so what does it matter.