Mirrorflower daily

Options
XXHotXx - Morai
XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Ok the new daily event says:

Drake will appear over unstable areas within the Primal World. Kill him to open the Space-time door and enter the Mirrorflower Treasury.

now, what is an unstable area?

a glowing area on the map?

We've been roaming the primal map for 2 hours finding nothing of what mentioned here.
mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
Post edited by XXHotXx - Morai on

Comments

• burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ok the new daily event says:

Drake will appear over unstable areas within the Primal World. Kill him to open the Space-time door and enter the Mirrorflower Treasury.

now, what is an unstable area?

a glowing area on the map?

We've been roaming the primal map for 2 hours finding nothing of what mentioned here.

I'm sill downloading the game, but I assume that this is associated with the new primal area being opened up -- which if it is like the mirage sky area, will require people to reach Lunska Sky I to help open it.

Just a hunch from reading the patch notes and announcement of the new update. I can understand why you want to get a head start. All the big PvPers are probably still trying to update their content and you wanna see the treasure asap! b:chuckle
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    this daily event already shows up in the Event window and you can Matchmake it

the unstable areas as per description are all over the "Primal World" not in Luneska area

i've located few possible unstable areas (glowing and ****) but no Sky Pirate Drake yet
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    coords and height of the spots you found?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Found it. Sin friend of mine and I got into the instance. We apparently just dig as much stuff as possible and exchange rewards at Merchant Sokka in Kirin Town afterwards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Found it. Sin friend of mine and I got into the instance. We apparently just dig as much stuff as possible and exchange rewards at Merchant Sokka in Kirin Town afterwards?

where? :o and most of all, what height?
    b:kiss
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

What are the possible rewards? That would be interesting. As that mob is said to be spawning randomly...ya it depends on luck. Guess it's pretty much the same as with the convoy.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Also, is there any form of announcement when that thing appears? Or I guess not.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We found it at Glacial Prison in Primal.

I'll be making SS of the quests at Merchant Sokka in a bit. p;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Pre-emptive question: Do you need to be in PK mode to kill it.

Obviously Eoria is from a PK server so just a warning to those from PvE servers I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case considering it does sound similar to the Convoy.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    'kay, so I was the first to attack it and once it got down to about half HP, a portal spawned on top of me. Sin friend in squad tele'd onto me and we got sent into separate instances. Object is apparently to dig as much as possible + also need to kill the mobs that spawn to pick the pearl or w/e which I didn't notice to dig 'cause was too busy digging everything else. And don't bother with the mini-ones unless you really need MP food apparently. :X After a few minutes, you get ported out. It's kinda like the dragon back in HDD, I guess?

The quests at Merchant Sokka all give more than what'd you'd get from just clicking on the items.

http://s1.postimg.org/kterebj5b/2014_08_20_12_17_04.png
    http://s1.postimg.org/j0bupzxyn/2014_08_20_12_17_10.png
    http://s1.postimg.org/ptc7m9orz/2014_08_20_12_17_18.png

I, unfortunately, was not lucky enough to have C-A chest quest pop up. >.>;;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    'kay, so I was the first to attack it and once it got down to about half HP, a portal spawned on top of me. Sin friend in squad tele'd onto me and we got sent into separate instances. Object is apparently to dig as much as possible + also need to kill the mobs that spawn to pick the pearl or w/e which I didn't notice to dig 'cause was too busy digging everything else. And don't bother with the mini-ones unless you really need MP food apparently. :X After a few minutes, you get ported out. It's kinda like the dragon back in HDD, I guess?

The quests at Merchant Sokka all give more than what'd you'd get from just clicking on the items.

http://s1.postimg.org/kterebj5b/2014_08_20_12_17_04.png
    http://s1.postimg.org/j0bupzxyn/2014_08_20_12_17_10.png
    http://s1.postimg.org/ptc7m9orz/2014_08_20_12_17_18.png

I, unfortunately, was not lucky enough to have C-A chest quest pop up. >.>;;

If I understood correctly, only the person who dealt the 1st/most damage will be teleported into the instance? Assuming you had a 6-man squad when attacking the boss and only the sin and you got in.
    Kinda shame that means this event will only be available to a small portion of the server, or much alike the Caravan Quest wait it out untill it's deserted. Was hoping on a reliable new instance to explore, not this hasty bogus b:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yeah if it's like that..it kinda sucks for those with lesser DD power. That is if the requirement is to deal the most DD but it's still a bit early to judge until we get a few more people to try it out.
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    still idk where is instance or Quest
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If I understood correctly, only the person who dealt the 1st/most damage will be teleported into the instance? Assuming you had a 6-man squad when attacking the boss and only the sin and you got in.
    Kinda shame that means this event will only be available to a small portion of the server, or much alike the Caravan Quest wait it out untill it's deserted. Was hoping on a reliable new instance to explore, not this hasty bogus b:surrender

It was me and two sins on the boss. I 100% do not out-DD either of those sins though I did get a few hits in before them so it's probably whoever hits first.

I agree though that this is a pretty terrible way of doing things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    but where did precisely the boss spawn \ which mechanics he has to get spawned

cause i really dont know what to search in that area as "unstable zone"
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It was in the air just before the locked-off zone. Looked like the helicopter EG flyer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ty for infos mate!
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• Verenor - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So we noticed the system message, and started looking all over the Primal Map (normal mode) but couldn't find him anywhere. We flew around on 50-height, mostly able to see the ground and mobs around us but nowhere did we see a noticably big or strange-looking dragon (with an airship appearantly?)

2lkr6ug.png

Eoria can you tell on which height you flew to battle Drake and how big he was? *edit* nevermind you answered, and I saw plenty of those EG sharkflyers around but never bothered to check all of them XD is Sky Drake bigger than the mobs that look exactly the same or same average sized?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It was at about the same height if not a little bit higher than the air mobs nearby. Probably the same size as the flyer/mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Verenor - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It was at about the same height if not a little bit higher than the air mobs nearby. Probably the same size as the flyer/mobs.

This is becoming such a troll event xD

- It's anywhere
    - Randomly appears
    - Same size as mobs, same looks as nearby mobs
    - Only being right on top of the 1 person with portal brings others into the instance too

This event has written 'muteny' all over it b:shocked

Ty though for the info, I'll keep hunting it till someone get's in that instance, one way or another xD
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Options
    wooooo i entered! Couldn't dig the fking pearl QQ
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    This is becoming such a troll event xD

- It's anywhere
    - Randomly appears
    - Same size as mobs, same looks as nearby mobs
    - Only being right on top of the 1 person with portal brings others into the instance too

This event has written 'muteny' all over it b:shocked

Ty though for the info, I'll keep hunting it till someone get's in that instance, one way or another xD

Okay, a bit of info because this guy won't feed my ego :<.

Finally found it on Morai server, the spawn was random spot close to Tree Raccoon Village. Me and a friend attacked it (I hit first) and had to stop because we would've otherwise killed it (no clue what happens then). He then got ported, though we were both sitting right on top of eachother. After he ported I somehow may have attacked / aggroed the portal mob which then ported me aswell (it took a few seconds). We got into different instances aswell.

Some info on the items: Pearl Pickers are items dropped by the mobs in there, used to dig the Pearl. The Pearl is the giant thing, hard to miss it, and also takes longer to dig than the other stuff. I only saw one, but it doesn't de-spawn when you dig it (the only condition is having a pearl picker). It's used to trade for Primordial bloods and an A chest, or right-clicked to gain 3 Bloods. If you take the blood quest from the NPC outside, you get 10 bloods for 2 Pearls.

Next up is the Conch, there are a few more of these but they disappear when you dig them. One Conch gives 200 Vitae, and the quest at the NPC allows you to trade 3 for 1000 vitae.

Then there's the Corals, which I think were the same amount or a bit more than the Conch stuff (I had like 14 corals at the end, 4 conch things). Those give some potions I think when right-clicked but I wouldn't really suggest doing that (I used all mine already, so I dont remember the amount). You need at least one Coral to see the quests at the merchant NPC (similar to divine orders) and you can also use up to 5 corals a day to refresh the quest list up to 5 times, similar to how you refresh divine quests. There was a quest to trade corals aswell, but I didn't take that one (it just gave more pots than right-clicking). However I refreshed the list twice and I got a purple quest for an A-pack, which required 1 Pearl and 10 Corals. I believe all of those quests are only do-able once per day by the way (after taking the pearl / conch quests, I only ever had the coral one in my list and the one time purple one).

There are also smaller digs on the ground that I forgot the name of, those just give pots so I would say ignore them.

Not sure if I missed anything, it was the most information I could gather from a few minutes rush :<. I also got ported out a few seconds after my buddy. I was in the middle of digging a pearl when the stuff disappeared, but my dig didn't stop and I actually got the pearl before getting ported out (there are NPC's there that can port you out aswell, but why would you D:).
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So we noticed the system message, and started looking all over the Primal Map (normal mode) but couldn't find him anywhere. We flew around on 50-height, mostly able to see the ground and mobs around us but nowhere did we see a noticably big or strange-looking dragon (with an airship appearantly?)

2lkr6ug.png

Eoria can you tell on which height you flew to battle Drake and how big he was? *edit* nevermind you answered, and I saw plenty of those EG sharkflyers around but never bothered to check all of them XD is Sky Drake bigger than the mobs that look exactly the same or same average sized?
    ....wait so maybe about a hundred or less pple are gonna be hunting for a drake that spawns 1 at a time ?? -,-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ....wait so maybe about a hundred or less pple are gonna be hunting for a drake that spawns 1 at a time ?? -,-

Even better, if it is the same continuous height, 100 bots griefing to prevent others getting.
    Okay, a bit of info because this guy won't feed my ego :<.

Finally found it on Morai server, the spawn was random spot close to Tree Raccoon Village. Me and a friend attacked it (I hit first) and had to stop because we would've otherwise killed it (no clue what happens then). He then got ported, though we were both sitting right on top of eachother. After he ported I somehow may have attacked / aggroed the portal mob which then ported me aswell (it took a few seconds). We got into different instances aswell.

I was thinking about this, and it might be that it doesn't matter who does what early on. It sounds like the portal option will not trigger until he reaches half life, at which point whoever deals damage gets a portal. Would have to test, there might be timers in between each portal and such, but if so it'd be beat it til half, then everyone equip their weakest weapon (normal fist or weak bow), so everyone involed can get portaled in without killing him before everyone can. If not, I'd recommend DoTs near 50% to increase possible chances of getting the damage in for portaling.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I was thinking about this, and it might be that it doesn't matter who does what early on. It sounds like the portal option will not trigger until he reaches half life, at which point whoever deals damage gets a portal. Would have to test, there might be timers in between each portal and such, but if so it'd be beat it til half, then everyone equip their weakest weapon (normal fist or weak bow), so everyone involed can get portaled in without killing him before everyone can. If not, I'd recommend DoTs near 50% to increase possible chances of getting the damage in for portaling.

He had like what, 580k hp? That's dead in a few shots, but I might just not remember it right. Also, he disappeared after spawning the portal.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the info!

I don't think anyone on Sanctuary has managed to get in yet xD at least not that I know of.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well the quests seem to be daily, and the mob spawns more than once a day, so at least that's something. The items also stay in your bag for as long as you want so you could probably dig a few extras aswell depending on what you're aiming for. Just look for the cute flying sharkymob helicopter, you can't miss it (unless group of sharkies, then clickclickclick :D).
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well i stayed in Primal all night waiting for this event...apparently they turn it off at night..

Or its random ...5+hours no event..and this thing says daily ?

Its nice if they only have this thing on when all the OP`s are on..that way Not one single person who needs anything from this event can ever get it..

Par for the course with PWI it seems

Waste of time ..as with most PWI events
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Well i stayed in Primal all night waiting for this event...apparently they turn it off at night..

Or its random ...5+hours no event..and this thing says daily ?

Its nice if they only have this thing on when all the OP`s are on..that way Not one single person who needs anything from this event can ever get it..

Par for the course with PWI it seems

Waste of time ..as with most PWI events

So I wasn't the only one that spent the night to see if it also spawns then xD.

I also wanna say, even if you wanna avoid the "OP"'s... this event is hardly based on gear you know? It's all about whoever is lucky enough to find it, and even if you deal damage to it slowly (sorry but if you're reborn and whatnot, I expect you to have some decent gear at least) it doesn't even have that much HP. I don't think there's a gear requirement for a portal to spawn on you. And the instance itself is all about digging and getting some drops from oneshot mobs for one of the digs.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    its random,
    it spawned last night,
    unfortunately i was playing another game and when i came back to check system message the boss was already gone
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524