Death Link

Demodude - Dreamweaver
Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Assassin
So I got the skill death link this morning on my assassin, and unless I am misunderstanding the skill it doesn't seem to work.

First I tested it with a faction mate who was also curious about it.
We dueled and I used it on him. He auto attacked with no weapon and he received no damage in return and the icon disappeared.

Next I tested it on a mob. I let the mob aggro me and then used death link. The mob received no damage in return and the icon disappeared again.

Is the skill broken? Does it only work in PvP but not in duels? Also does sparking cancel it? Some answers would be much appreciated b:thanks
ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
Post edited by Demodude - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Damage from your target doesn't count. It's useless in 1v1. It's odd that the description doesn't mention this.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    So then how does the skill actually work?

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Its a mass pvp skill basicly.

You death link someone you want to recive damage and when you get hit from someone who is not the target from death link attacks you, the person you used death link on recives damage.

A Is your target for death link
    B Is you
    C is another person

so in this fight only person C could damage you and trigger the effect from death link and send some damage you recive to person A.

Hope that helps you
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Damage from your target doesn't count. It's useless in 1v1. It's odd that the description doesn't mention this.

I think it is just a wording issue tbh, Death Chain just says Dealing damage to the target when are attacked. Maybe a translation issue, "by a third party" should be added to that to clarify it. Its a decent troll skill for sure

b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think it is just a wording issue tbh, Death Chain just says Dealing damage to the target when are attacked. Maybe a translation issue, "by a third party" should be added to that to clarify it. Its a decent troll skill for sure

b:chuckle

It clearly says, "Curse your foe for 10 seconds, dealing damage to the target whenever you are attacked", but it also state it does not redirect damage from the cursed target. It's not rocket science.

As for a troll skill, this skill is like a second IG in TW. People avoid hitting you if you death link someone important.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Yeah it helps a ton thanks. And is it only a pvp skill and wont work against mobs? I don't really pvp so that makes the skill pretty useless then

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah it helps a ton thanks. And is it only a pvp skill and wont work against mobs? I don't really pvp so that makes the skill pretty useless then

It works against mobs as well. In pulls I death link 1 mob to take reduced damage from the rest.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is why I wonder why the post I made about death link/chain wasn't stickied or something.
    I should make a minor update there to clarify it doesn't work against the person attacking you, but i'd get slapped for necroing.
    Or well, editing a post no one comments on and is burried somewhere here isn't much use anyway.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    This is why I wonder why the post I made about death link/chain wasn't stickied or something.
    I should make a minor update there to clarify it doesn't work against the person attacking you, but i'd get slapped for necroing.
    Or well, editing a post no one comments on and is burried somewhere here isn't much use anyway.

Stuck for you. Edit if you want. IDC.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stuck for you. Edit if you want. IDC.

b:cute

No need to sound so mad though :C
    I'll edit it once I can go log in my main, will be a while since I don't have my passwords with me atm.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    b:cute

No need to sound so mad though :C
    I'll edit it once I can go log in my main, will be a while since I don't have my passwords with me atm.

Don't tell me what to do! b:angryb:angryb:angry

o.o

Just kidding didn't mean that as passive aggressive as that sounded. In the future if you ever want a thread stickied just let us know. b:pleased

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Don't tell me what to do! b:angryb:angryb:angry

Gimme an orange!
    (Insert fancy image here)