Goodbye innocent cute world

gamer4jesus
gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
The link between the Place of Origination and Perfect World has closed; new characters will once again start in their racial starting areas. Characters still in the Place of Origination will remain there until they choose to leave

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1709281

It was a beautiful place, and will be missed.

Wonder why they close it, and how long players can continue to stay in it.

b:bye b:shocked b:cry
Post edited by gamer4jesus on

Comments

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe a plan for a future patch?
    I mean for veteran players, that place was amazing... for actual new starting players, it didn't seem like the best place to start granted it did give you the ability to explore that class before you stuck with it.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    --nooooo I forgot to make a newbie character before the patch so that I could get the untamed flying mount, since it's my favourite skin D:!!

Ehhhh.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Honestly it was pretty crappy. I guess the idea was to have everyone start together so it would look like more new people were playing the game. But the quests were pretty terrible compared to the regular starter cities.
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Would have been nice to have a warning that this place was being removed....b:angry
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    This is really a shame. It was so nice for new players to get flyers, and all-class pets, and mounts. To get a feel for how powerful their character could one day become. And to learn basic mechanics of the game, even showed them the emotes menu. Was a nice place to preview how certain hard to get pack fashion would look on your character. It was an absolutely beautiful area as well and the NPC quests were more interesting than some of other ones, and humorous, if you took the time to read them. And it really allowed the different classes to intermingle more, and made it easier to make a new alt with a friend. :3

Really sorry to see this go as it was the first major thing for new players in a long time. I wonder why it's being removed.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It would be great if say they started you in your normal area then opened a whole new quest chain for starters showing them a "dream" of their future? and of course level restricted to no one about 10 can enter?
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really sorry to see this go as it was the first major thing for new players in a long time. I wonder why it's being removed.

This puzzles me too.

They add alot of content for lvl 100+ characters, and remove content for low lvl characters.

This is painfully unfair.

b:angry
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Probably being removed due to the plethora of botters lagging it up but could be other reasons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Botters and giving away free 1.5 flyers to newbies, duh. Ofcourse they have to take away everything that is nice.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So my char 'Hugga' is still there sitting on the bridge, but I cant make any new chars to give her a kiss? b:thanks

EDIT - maybe I'll just drop her over the side to bot for a flyer.......
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Botters and giving away free 1.5 flyers to newbies, duh. Ofcourse they have to take away everything that is nice.

It's their bot. But if I speak on that anymore I'll be off-topic for days. b:angryb:shutup

• cautiousfighter
    cautiousfighter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    probably you should blame all the bots staying there b:angry b:cry
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is really a shame. It was so nice for new players to get flyers, and all-class pets, and mounts. To get a feel for how powerful their character could one day become. And to learn basic mechanics of the game, even showed them the emotes menu. Was a nice place to preview how certain hard to get pack fashion would look on your character. It was an absolutely beautiful area as well and the NPC quests were more interesting than some of other ones, and humorous, if you took the time to read them. And it really allowed the different classes to intermingle more, and made it easier to make a new alt with a friend. :3

Having just made a character there to check it out, it was rather enjoyable and rather well thought out as a starter area. My guess is if you were willing to bot till you were level 15 to get the Aqua Metal items you were pretty much set for a long time after you left, especially if you had a Dreamchaser pack waiting when you left. My guess is they realized players between 1-60 weren't cash shopping. ^^
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah I guess it was the botting thing. It's a shame. I liked that place.
    I mean, you get to choose to stay there or leave immediately if someone didn't like it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • raffleman2014
    raffleman2014 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what about the new created toons before this patched but not yet being log-in ever since it was created? what is it's starting point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *Slowpoke mode* I was thinking to farm a flight there for an alt, should have thought less, meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Would have been nice to have a warning that this place was being removed....b:angry

This. I've been focusing on my main, and got 2 of my friends to start ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME, as brand new to the game. They might be a bit disappointed. It actually gave them an idea of some skills they'd get down the line, It was fun hearing them describe the skills to me, and me telling them which skill it was. Would have been nice to have gotten a chance to explore the place with them. I hope my other mystic is there, so that I can...just in case some of them have characters that are still there...

Really, this should have been posted...
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    It's a nice little area and I'm sad to see it go.

Shame they're axing the low level content like this. :/
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Lewwiz - Dreamweaver
    Lewwiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:surrender just yesterday i leave that new place, it was awesome, didnt farm the flyer or the horse cuz was boring, but was actually amazing to see a lot of new players (actual new players!!) is just a shame to lose something that was giving such a blast to anyone, but the bots on the bandits area was simply ridiculous
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In all honesty, that new horizons starter area was not as good as everyone is making it sound like. It's being axed is a step in the right direction, if of course you look at things like integrity of the game.

It was a series of level 1 creatures till whatever level you stayed there until. The Embrace quest itself on the bridge was absolutely a horrid introduction for true new players, as well were all of the "rude players" that actually had the cohones to come try to steal your loot! (yes, we all know those are botters and understand why they are there... so we have no problem with that... but truly new players?)

It was a series of quests that really only amounted to being further up the totem of Perfect Questmaster quests to level up faster. As such, it destroys what I honestly must say is a better set of quests, right in each and every original starter area.

And based on past comments I have seen other people state in past threads (although I personally do not share in the following thoughts), there was a feeling of "we get all this great stuff only to have it all taken away" by at least some people that have visited the forums.

With any dwindling inkling of a chance, that the new horizons starter zone is being taken out of the game because PWE/ARC/Wanmei is actually looking at rebuilding this game in the right direction... This might actually be a sign of intelligence on their part, and a sign of better things to come... A possible good future for PWI? Possibly for, dare I say it, years to come? Or it could just be I'm over examining / over hopeful of such.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014

come on..people abused the new starting area for the drops for fliers..get real.
  • jonjonz
    jonjonz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Glad I still have a few parked there, and ran a few thru in the last month or so.

They say that the first few hours of game play are when the most new players lose interest and leave the game for good. I think this was an attempt to address that.

Compared to other MMO's out there PWI's classic starting area's are a very slow burn. Several classes are fairly useless in the beginning levels there.

The new starting area did give new players a taste of what a class could become, but fell way short in many ways.

After the first few minutes in the new area one quickly comes to know that there is no risk there. No mob there can kill you and taking the trade aspect out of the social side of the MMO as well as having absolutely no reason to team up, were downers also.

It was a good idea but fell far short in implementation. About the only challenge there was to grind long enough to get the flyer, mount and packs. I doubt the botting was the issue, as diminished returns eventually make botting there a waste of time unless you were going to cycle in new alts every few days. Even then, no as profitable I think as parking an alt at level 39 and doing Jolly old Jones forever.

My best guess is that PWI found that new player retention was actually worse with the new area, not better, so they scrapped it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BabaORiley
    PW New Kid
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    gonna miss the pretty flyers and stuff >> free didnt last much long
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    come on..people abused the new starting area for the drops for fliers..get real.

I don't see how something being used by older players for their alts in anyway negates the fact it was also useful for new players. If you had ever went in there and talked to people you'd realize there were plenty of actual new players in there that enjoyed the area.
    jonjonz wrote: »
    My best guess is that PWI found that new player retention was actually worse with the new area, not better, so they scrapped it.

That is also a possibility. I know that kiss quest on the bridge turned off a lot of people. It also made some people really uncomfortable, when that concern was brought to the forum it was mocked but I am of the mind that if someone complains on the forums and says it makes them want to quit and rants. There were probably several more that left without saying a word. I wish they had at least tried removing that quest. And as you said it was a mistake to make it so nothing can kill you. I still think they could've tweaked it rather than scrapped it.

• Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2014

And how is farming 9999 aquametals abusing the starter area to get the flier or the mount or the buff packs? Those items were available at ridiculous cost, but you would have been a fool not to have gotten them.
  • kmarina
    kmarina Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    b:sad The only new thing for low levels is gone now. Sad indeed
  • pwner0001
    pwner0001 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Even if you start in your 'normal' starting area... it would have been nice if you at least got to choose to be able to go there or decide to stay in the main world. Some of the quests were a good intro for the game, others (namely the embrace one) were okay... the embrace one was impossible if noone ever came, so wasnt that good an idea. The ability to get a pet, mount and flyer at the beginning was awesome. That they cost so much to get made them even better, as you felt more achieved getting them, as they were also one time thing to get. Yes, you could bot your way to victory, but that wasnt always efficient, and it certainly still took a while to get them!! I wanted to start a new character in this world to try for the awesome looking flyer before i knew that the update removed it... VERY DISAPPOINTED!!! only ever got to make one character in here... D:
  • knezleon
    knezleon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Really off topic here, I don't see much people active on forum and I see some here so if anyone really knows some stuff about reawakening maybe u can help me :P sorry to be the off topic dude :/
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    knezleon wrote: »
    Really off topic here, I don't see much people active on forum and I see some here so if anyone really knows some stuff about reawakening maybe u can help me :P sorry to be the off topic dude :/

Well, I'm not sure exactly what it is you know and don't know yet, but there's a couple Reincarnation guides on forums and this is one of them.
    But basically you revert your character back to level one while keeping all your skills, armour (though you can't wear it until you get the stat requirement--not the level requirement!--and if something doesn't have a stat requirement you can wear it right away), blah everything about your character stays the same except that you basically get a free stat reset and an additional collection of stats to distribute, based on when you rebirthed. You have to level up again in order to get the regular 5 stats per level, so only the 25-76 points per rebirth are free; you have to work for the other 500ish. You get more extra stat points when you get to 100 and level up your old character via the spirit tome, unless you were level 105 when you rebirth, in which case you get all extra stats at level one.
    Rebirth enables access to lots of new areas and new skill upgrades for your class, +passives that everyone can get and are really awesome. You can get avatar cards to get stats from and probably some other stuff.

I haven't rebirthed yet, because I haven't finished my culti and I don't want to have to get to level 100 again to resume getting Celestial Sage, so all this is palava I've learnt on the forums from the other active people here! They'll be able to help you more.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014

The flyers was 1.2s (or 1.3s), what an abuse right? If they was 3.0s + ok I would understand, but new players or old players getting a 1.2s flyer isn't what I call an abuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute