Community challenge: class FSP clear

Options

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Might also be just YT b:surrender it's looks quite okay when I watch the original in WMP but on YT it's also a bit cropped for me.

Might be the resolution has to be 16:9 ratio for YT.

Also will update peoples comments soon, thanks for posting.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Awesome idea, hope to see some people rise to the challenge!

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Something that is a problem for barbs... but arguably even more so for bm's as barbs have the potential to just tank through it/they do have cornered beast to avoid being killed, and that is that water damage over time d e b u f f the water boss has, that can EASILY kill ANYONE that doesn't get rid of it, a lot of people die there, and bms who do have lower magic resistance than most casters do will die faster than when a caster gets it on them.

Don't stand in the puddles on the ground. Kind of common sense but see too many die from it. Also kill the babies as you take much more damage when they have you frozen.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    No it doesn't.

It does, and should by all reason work, at that. It does non-elemental damage. Ele-immune doesn't really help against non-elemental damage, now does it?

Asty's given a more technical view of it;
    I think I remember Absorb Soul can be thought of as a 0 damage wood attack but deals physical damage similar to an insta-tick bleed dot. Because it deals 0 damage it is not resisted by immune to damage and because it is wood it is not resisted by immune to physical damage.

Nullify Poison should block it though. The flip side of it ignoring target defense levels is that it will not benefit from caster attack levels when mystics get their R9.
    That whole thread's pretty useful to refer to, really. Well, aside from the OP QQQQQQ part.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Don't stand in the puddles on the ground. Kind of common sense but see too many die from it. Also kill the babies as you take much more damage when they have you frozen.

I am not talking about those cap, there is another dot, that will randomly spawn on people, with or without the circle. (That dot WILL kill people who are NOT careful.)

EDIT: Watch the icons by peoples name there, every once in a while you'll see the same icon of the water bubble that is on genies, that DOT is the one I am talking about, and it will kill ppl.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I am not talking about those cap, there is another dot, that will randomly spawn on people, with or without the circle. (That dot WILL kill people who are NOT careful.)

EDIT: Watch the icons by peoples name there, every once in a while you'll see the same icon of the water bubble that is on genies, that DOT is the one I am talking about, and it will kill ppl.

The DoT deals pretty pitiful damage if you are somewhat geared and sparking it off shouldnt be a problem.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The DoT deals pretty pitiful damage if you are somewhat geared and sparking it off shouldnt be a problem.

It depends on your class, and as you said just how good geared you are, not everyone can survive it, and it isn't all that easy sparking off either, obviously it isn't impossible, but it IS much easier with apo/a genie skill getting rid of it.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    didnt read whole thread. was there a post w/ specifics?

outside class buffs allowed etc?

sounds like fun. sanc actually has a pretty healthy wizard population (well compared to what it sounds like other servers have...)

will try to get them to all work together... will c if it happens. prob just give up at lack of coordination as every1 tries to b top DD b:surrender
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
    edited August 2014
    Options
    didnt read whole thread. was there a post w/ specifics?

outside class buffs allowed etc?

sounds like fun. sanc actually has a pretty healthy wizard population (well compared to what it sounds like other servers have...)

will try to get them to all work together... will c if it happens. prob just give up at lack of coordination as every1 tries to b top DD b:surrender

Just needs to be a full wizard squad and recorded and uploaded. Can use all buffs pots etc.

Looking forward to seeing the run, cheers.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just needs to be a full wizard squad and recorded and uploaded. Can use all buffs pots etc.

Looking forward to seeing the run, cheers.

Not just selfbuffed? Well then thats going to be very easy for most of the endgame squads. Should be selfbuffed, otherwise it's not really a challenge since I alrdy duoed that ini with some ppl. 2 barbs alone are sufficient to rock fsp like it's nothing.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Not just selfbuffed? Well then thats going to be very easy for most of the endgame squads. Should be selfbuffed, otherwise it's not really a challenge since I alrdy duoed that ini with some ppl. 2 barbs alone are sufficient to rock fsp like it's nothing.

Well considering we ran it faster than some full squads when we duo'ed it, I already imagine what it would be like with a full squad for either of us lol.

@ thread, I would try to do the seeker run, even though it wouldn't really be a challenge, but seeing as I can't record I guess I'll leave it up to someone else ^^

unless Jojo brings his seeker and records.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Here's some photos of Absorb Soul *not* working on elemental immune enemies. Veneir, that topic you quoted is not correct. AS is not a wood elemental attack, it will damage wood immune enemies (like the Hexgoblins in Seat) just fine. Resist Poison does not block it.

http://imgur.com/UpqWsH3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have no idea what's going on with Absorb Soul and different people saying different things o.o;

Anyway, in my squad we had a few Venomancers, including myself, use Spirit of Defence pot for buffs. I'd assume that doesn't count as "other classes' buffs" since it was a pot? >.> There's also the option to just grab Base Buffs too. Technically, I'm sure I could have done it without buffs, wouldn't be the first time.

I think I'm fine with whatever people choose to do with their squads unless it's like..all people get all buffs from classes, plus Base Buffs etc. because that sounds like a little too much lol.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

That comes from the adds that the boss casts. Killing those fast enough prevents the problem. Shouldnt be a problem for barbs. Until toad boss its usually "everyone for himself" while making squad. Water boss is soloable. Self buffed would be annoying though since that means having to move out of the circles which can delay killing those adds.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited August 2014
    Options

Let's be honest since when was anything in PWI pve a 'challenge' for endgame squads. The focus of this is less on gear and more about a team of 10 of the same class working together and having some fun.
    @ thread, I would try to do the seeker run, even though it wouldn't really be a challenge, but seeing as I can't record I guess I'll leave it up to someone else ^^

unless Jojo brings his seeker and records.

Sounds great, thanks. Looking forward to seeing it.
    I have no idea what's going on with Absorb Soul and different people saying different things o.o;

Anyway, in my squad we had a few Venomancers, including myself, use Spirit of Defence pot for buffs. I'd assume that doesn't count as "other classes' buffs" since it was a pot? >.> There's also the option to just grab Base Buffs too. Technically, I'm sure I could have done it without buffs, wouldn't be the first time.

I think I'm fine with whatever people choose to do with their squads unless it's like..all people get all buffs from classes, plus Base Buffs etc. because that sounds like a little too much lol.

Yeah, it keeps swinging one way or another lol, I think the screenshots seems pretty conclusive atm but I'll give the other side time to respond.

The full buffs is fine, in my squad we had gear ranging from endgame to bare bones g16/g15, some could roll through FSP with no buffs at all, for others it helps and makes them feel less squishy/worried about dying or letting down the team.

I know I had a lot of fun doing the run, and that's the main focus of this, I know there are toons out there than can duo it, my archer could if I had the patience, but unless you sorely need pages or are farming for books there's no reason to duo FSP as you get the same reward for taking a full squad of 10, and I hope this is a direction China continue in as it's great for the community.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    That comes from the adds that the boss casts. Killing those fast enough prevents the problem. Shouldnt be a problem for barbs. Until toad boss its usually "everyone for himself" while making squad. Water boss is soloable. Self buffed would be annoying though since that means having to move out of the circles which can delay killing those adds.

Interesting/good to know, I must admit I always thought it came from the boss, especially since I get the dot regardless if the mobs are killed fast enough or not, or maybe... it had more to do with a mob off to the side, that an aoe wasn't reaching... that got me the dot on my alts.

Either way still something I believe people should be wary of, especially if they struggle to kill all the adds properly due to too much spreading.

Also really if what you say is true (despite how this sounds, I have no reason not to believe you... definitely makes me want to ask people to hug more often there so we can avoid the dot /o\.) then it probably wont be near the issue I thought it would be for bms, especially with a squad full of decent bm there that is actually being smart and using axes + skills, they should be able to kill the adds fairly quickly then.

--

One complaint that I keep seeing/agree with is sins not using skills, and instead they opt to use a bow, which imho is fine to use to purge, but yea they really should put COTD/use skills as soon as it procs.

I guess I am wondering out loud if we will see that in the sin video... if we do get to see one. (Bow use instead of COTD/Skills.)

---

EDIT: @ DarkSkies bit about 2/10 players bit, I absolutely agree, the amount of extra coin you get for splitting the pages 2 ways instead of 10 or w/e is quite... meaningless/not worth the trouble, definitely loads better just going with a full squad, saves loads of time/money on repair etc, we can only hope that pwe continues that trend. xD

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    EDIT: @ DarkSkies bit about 2/10 players bit, I absolutely agree, the amount of extra coin you get for splitting the pages 2 ways instead of 10 or w/e is quite... meaningless/not worth the trouble, definitely loads better just going with a full squad, saves loads of time/money on repair etc, we can only hope that pwe continues that trend. xD

I am not so sure, i like doing fsp, but the thought of doing it on 5~7 characters is a bit off putting.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options

This is false actually. The DoT doesn't come from the Adds (Quicksilver Elites). All those adds do is spam that annoying, stackable freeze debuff that causes you to take a lot of damage aswell. The DoT has a certain chance of appearing when the boss casts his "Ice Split" attack, which you can easily notice if you watch the squad window as he does it. The chance, I'm not so sure of though. After the ice split he follows up with spawning the circles, and after those he spawns the adds (then randoms between the frontal ribstrike or the self heal, and then Ice splits - following the same rotation).

I've studied the timings of each boss a bit, so if there's anything else you wish to know just ask away :).
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Let's be honest since when was anything in PWI pve a 'challenge' for endgame squads. The focus of this is less on gear and more about a team of 10 of the same class working together and having some fun.

[...]

The full buffs is fine, in my squad we had gear ranging from endgame to bare bones g16/g15, some could roll through FSP with no buffs at all, for others it helps and makes them feel less squishy/worried about dying or letting down the team.

I know I had a lot of fun doing the run, and that's the main focus of this, I know there are toons out there than can duo it. [...]

That's quite true, honestly.

I'm pretty happy to see people are actually taking an interest in this little challenge b:chuckle
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Silly Capn you should know I am immune to all damage. b:cute
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    IEDIT: Watch the icons by peoples name there, every once in a while you'll see the same icon of the water bubble that is on genies, that DOT is the one I am talking about, and it will kill ppl.
    So, keep some chi at bay, and triplespark to clear the DoT when you're affected. Cloud eruption on genie helps too if you happen to be short on chi. BMs with a fist weapon as main or standby shouldn't have any issues generating chi fast.
    Here's some photos of Absorb Soul *not* working on elemental immune enemies. Veneir, that topic you quoted is not correct. AS is not a wood elemental attack, it will damage wood immune enemies (like the Hexgoblins in Seat) just fine. Resist Poison does not block it.
    The L10 and L11 versions of Absorb Soul work differently. If you upgrade to L11 (sage/demon), then it'll likely be resisted. The L10 one that ignores attack/def levels will pierce through. So yea, my myst won't be bringing AS to sage version any time soon ;)

That said, with 10 Devil Chihyus wailing away at the phys immune king, it should die pretty fast, so the phy immu king shouldn't be an issue for an all-mystic squad. Remember, summons do higher damage vs "?" type enemies, which all the bosses except the first in FSP are.
    Wonder if you could wipe Frog before the first chop that way with a mass-casting of Cragglord... Or at least have him waste his chop on an add...
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The L10 and L11 versions of Absorb Soul work differently. If you upgrade to L11 (sage/demon), then it'll likely be resisted. The L10 one that ignores attack/def levels will pierce through. So yea, my myst won't be bringing AS to sage version any time soon ;)

Thanks for putting that issue to rest finally. I've updated it in 1st post.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Another mystic source of phys dmg often overlooked: The Stinging Nettle plant (or as I call it, the pipsqueek - it makes that kind of sound XD). One of them does pitiful damage, but 10 of them could do the trick given time, vs the phys king. It can be used at the same time as your pets.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Medaka - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Seems I've got a few people interested for the Seeker run, though we're only doing it this weekend because Jojo.

But what I'm curious about is: can the Seekers be buffed with BP? I know quite a few of us will suicide on our own zerks rather than the bosses, though we can manage it but some of the lower geared ones might not.
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Seems I've got a few people interested for the Seeker run, though we're only doing it this weekend because Jojo.

But what I'm curious about is: can the Seekers be buffed with BP?

Awesome, and sure. It will make the run smoother and more fun so I see no problem with it.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think we agreed it doesn't matter if it's self-buff or not, especially since there are many ways of getting buffs and stuff. Just go in and have fun. b:chuckle I'll be looking forward to the video.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So, keep some chi at bay, and triplespark to clear the DoT when you're affected. Cloud eruption on genie helps too if you happen to be short on chi. BMs with a fist weapon as main or standby shouldn't have any issues generating chi fast.

*snip*

My first post in here that brought up this issues already listed several ways to get rid of it, but aye that is more than an option as well.

• Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Haha that's nice.
    I might try to do an all-psychics run this weekend if I have time...

But omg ele immune boss is gonna take forever /o/ yay for the only class that doesn't have a physical damage skill (SoV is, but doesn't hit that hard in a boss like that and well... only 1 person's SoV will make difference anyway).
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Haha that's nice.
    I might try to do an all-psychics run this weekend if I have time...

But omg ele immune boss is gonna take forever /o/ yay for the only class that doesn't have a physical damage skill (SoV is, but doesn't hit that hard in a boss like that and well... only 1 person's SoV will make difference anyway).

Hunknab xD there's a few tempest psys that would probably be up for it, let me know when you plan on doing it i'll help spread the word here.

Also see 1st post for some tips.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    dont mean to sound rude but.... most pple that do these challenges are pretty high tier R999 geared so im not sure if an all class clear would be much of a challenge to them b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan