Comments

• ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    you are in Tempest now? #gonefortoolong xD
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yep, both Relic and Tempest were getting rolled by Dyna at the time I became leader of Relic, Dyna had cut us off from each other so we couldnt have Relic vs Tempest fights either, so I spoke to Sun and merged almost all of the active Relic members into Tempest.

Been a very successful merge so far, both in terms of TW and both communities mixing in I think. Was a hard decision at the time but I'm glad its gone so smoothly.

Also welcome back.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • furryballz
    furryballz Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    7:44 why would you use metal to finish off a wizzard when an auto attack hits faster and harder? i Always followed your videos but ever since u got those cards ur gameplay got way way worse, imo u rely too much on them and when the Others eventually will catch up on gears you'll have hard times.
    edited August 2014
    furryballz wrote: »
    7:44 why would you use metal to finish off a wizzard when an auto attack hits faster and harder? i Always followed your videos but ever since u got those cards ur gameplay got way way worse, imo u rely too much on them and when the Others eventually will catch up on gears you'll have hard times.

Hey furryballz, firstly thank you for watching my videos, I think that was a close call and I probably should have used an auto attack, but it could have missed, and also I was expecting him to expel.

As for the cards things thing, perhaps you're right my gameplay may have got sloppier.

The other thing that has changed though is that I have been leading the TWs for Tempest aside from Defence which is lead by DeathProof, so you will see me randomly stand around or run backwards whilst talking on vent directing and timing six or more squads etc. Most of the time I spam QS and BoA if I see an opportunity to.

This definitely affects my gameplay, but I enjoy making strategies for TW and this week we tried something different which resulted in a quicker win or maybe Dyna was missing a few people or made some errors too, or maybe you're right and I'm just getting lazy, but either way thanks for the feedback.

When everyone else catches up, it will probably be a wake up call, but I look forward to the challenge and having to 'git gud' again xD
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I actually was wondering the exact same thing. watched it last night when you posted it on tempest forums, I screamed TAKE AIM IT FFS, adi looked at me like I was insane b:cry I also wondered why you spent a minute BoAing a tower while nobody was standing anywhere close to it, then I realized you are leading TW and the squad, and that takes away from anyone's focus. It's hard to think of your rotations and positioning, the squad positioning and the rest of the guild positioning while you have a scout, a squad and 8+ squad leaders talking back to you. Specially when you're training new squad leaders and they can't tell whats relevant from what's not yet x.x A lot of chatter in the leader room!

Putting the war in videos would do that too, man if you were to see my TW videos, much fail, very dumb. I'll do **** like IG without antistun or stun people with a purify proc on them... I guess under the microscope we all make this mistakes all the time xD

Leading TW does that to you though, specially on wizards, archers, sins. The classes are much more single targetting centered in TW, your skills are better focused on bringing down targets than on actually finding the right spot for your entire squad. At least from my perspective. I always had a better time leading squads if I was playing a cata barb or a BM or even a psychic, than when I was playing my archer

Apo when are you coming back to game? I think you'll enjoy the changes in both rosters!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • SonH - Dreamweaver
    SonH - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm the best, everyone else is trash. Once I'm done eating I'll karri Dyna to victory.
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ^ Guy been eating for months now, I think he will hibernate first.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Apopo and NabH you 2 are better than a nuema portal set, so get back in game!!!

Apo... we need to talk to next season of you know what,,,

Sonny, get back in game, we need more people to keep me alove, Tempest people are mean to me in TW QQ they hit hard and im so weak!
  • catgirl33
    catgirl33 Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I understand as a tw squad leader that you have to multi-task and cannot fully concentrate on the engagement. However, i'll have to agree with furryball's choice of attack. Auto-attack(i think it's consider projectile but cannot outrun it) hits the target instantly as soon as you click/press it. If you weren't lagging, as soon as give the auto-attack command, he should've died right there if you didn't see him had any defense on at that moment. I see he wasn't too far away from you like at the edge of your attack range. You could've leaped toward him and finish him before his charm had ticked again. So far, i've only seen you used leap as for defense when you get hit. You do have the right idea to anticipate an expel but what if it's AD/IG instead.b:thanks It was definitely a close call like you said

Overall your offense is great! Very good executions!
    For your defense, i think there is room for improvement.
    I can do another homework if you want to know where

What i wrote above is based on some of the basic knowledge i have of the archer class. As i don't play the archer class, therefore what i wrote may be wrong. It's only my opinion.b:victory
    Thank you! Don't kill me please !b:shocked Mercy please!b:surrender

o sorry! and great videos too so as the others. Very entertaining and thank you for your time to post it and share it with us!b:pleased
    -Tideswell-
    ~Yuuniee (Cleric)
    ~iRaining (Duskblade)
    ~MelodyLove (Assassin)
  • furryballz
    furryballz Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hey furryballz, firstly thank you for watching my videos, I think that was a close call and I probably should have used an auto attack, but it could have missed, and also I was expecting him to expel.

As for the cards things thing, perhaps you're right my gameplay may have got sloppier.

The other thing that has changed though is that I have been leading the TWs for Tempest aside from Defence which is lead by DeathProof, so you will see me randomly stand around or run backwards whilst talking on vent directing and timing six or more squads etc. Most of the time I spam QS and BoA if I see an opportunity to.

This definitely affects my gameplay, but I enjoy making strategies for TW and this week we tried something different which resulted in a quicker win or maybe Dyna was missing a few people or made some errors too, or maybe you're right and I'm just getting lazy, but either way thanks for the feedback.

When everyone else catches up, it will probably be a wake up call, but I look forward to the challenge and having to 'git gud' again xD

that was the major thing that i noticed in that video, but i was really speaking overall and about your latest videos. Sure i don't know you lead TWs for your faction and i kinda understand nub mistakes, thank you for accepting the criticisms in the good way. Sure it's easy adopt different tactics when, on average, your faction outgears the other one so much.
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Yuuniee lol, and furryballz too, always happy to accept constructive criticism. I never claim to be an expert or pro, everyone can improve. Andres ty for knowing my pain.

Sounds like an excuse, but looking at the bigger picture, his charm ticked he holy pathed and then used apo/pan gu essence, which means when he died and went back to base and saw all our catas on the crystal he couldn't charge in and IG + DB which causes a lot of damage as some of our cata pullers aren't as well geared as theirs and Dragslave usually causes a lot of damage there being one of the strongest active wizzies in Dynasty atm, so I was surprised to see him on offence rather than defence. Sure he held up my squad for another 10 or so seconds also so there is that, or he used AD who knows.

Tactics wise I always think there's room for improvement no matter how easy you are winning/out gearing/outnumbering the opponent as the tables can turn at any moment, as happened pretty much overnight for Dynasty with the Tempest-Relic merge, and with the expansion coming out in a few days, and Tempest having a land count lead over Dynasty, should Dynasty wish to attack us, the buff for land count difference may help boost their strength, as I'm sure will affect many a TW faction across the servers, so I'd rather us be prepared for this and have the tactics and strategies side down, when/if things even up some.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I second that statement, we all do mistakes under the microscope.

It's usually easy to see mistakes when watching a video because we can observe the person and the surroundings much better. We can see all the "should have done"s and "could have done"s that in the heat of the battle we sometimes miss and make poor judgements. Because of that I tend to overlook some things when watching videos (doesn't mean I'm against feedback/critique though).

*Goes back into hiding.* Don't mind this Sanctuary person here.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited August 2014
    Yeah precisely why I started out making videos was purely for my own improvement, when you watch it back you see what you missed what you could've or should've done. Helped me a lot in NW especially spatial and situational awareness, and later in TW with threat identification and then squad positioning and when piecing together videos from other players of the same TW you can put together the enemy movements and plays, and then come up with better tactics and things to improve the next week.

Or maybe I over analyse things and my videos are simply to capture a snapshot in time moments of fun I shared with friends on this dying MMO and the music I was listening to. Picking the songs takes me longer than the actual edit!
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Picking the songs takes me longer than the actual edit!

Oh my god, yes b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Picking the songs takes me longer than the actual edit!

Truer words have never been spoken. :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Cherryfive - Dreamweaver
    Cherryfive - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ~~~spraypaints~~~ Cherryfive was here. Survival of the fittest. The rest will fall along the way.
This discussion has been closed.