Community challenge: class FSP clear

DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Hello,

Some of you may have seen the videos floating about of FSP clears with 10 of the same class. For reference here are the videos we have so far;

Winged Elves
Archer FSP clear - by DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
Cleric FSP clear - by Eoria - Harshlands

Untamed
Veno FSP clear - by Desdi - Sanctuary

Tideborn
Psychic FSP clear - by Hunkary - Dreamweaver

Human
Blademaster FSP clear by Kazumadavis - Harshlands
Blademaster FSP clear bu RockStar_ - Dreamweaver

Earthguard
Mystic FSP clear by Dragslave - Dreamweaver

I challenge the other classes of PWI to clear FSP and upload a video!

Also additional clears of classes already done above are welcome, will add them in too.

What classes if any wouldn't be able to clear as easily, and can we think of any ways around this.

Summary of issues identified and workarounds thus far;

Main points revolve around the ele/phys immune kings and interrupting succubus

Mystics
-Lvl10 AS can be used on ele immune king, Lvl 11 cannot
-Chiyu pet can be used to deal physical damage, summons do decent damage to ? bosses
-Stinging nettle plants can also help with ele immune
-Bramble tornado will interrupt succubus

Blademasters
-Can use wood/other apo to deal elemental damage or DBB to get a temporary fire buff for phys immune king anti aps so will be slow
-tangling mire can be used increase accuracy on phys immune

Assassins
-condensed thorn for phys immune king anti aps so could be slow

Barbarians
-poison fang + elemental apo for dealing elemental damage, again could be slow

Wizards
-FoW can interrupt succubus
-earthquake genie skill could also be used to interrupt
-physical damage on king should be ok with blade tempest but will be slow going, may have issues with axes
-FaceRolI - Sanctuary is attempting a run, contact them if you are a wizard on Sanctuary

Psychics
-Soulburn will help on ele immune
-SoV and yoyo bashing
-I will be very impressed if we see this clear tbh

Seekers
-should be ez pee z lemon squeezy
-Medaka - Morai is considering putting together a run, contact them if you are on Morai server

Thanks for all the responses so far. Lets see some videos soon.
DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
Post edited by DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• dookster1234
    dookster1234 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Woots I'm in the archer video and it was hella fun to do \o./ b:laughb:victory ....

Imo, with the classes that would have a hard time doing it i would say.... Psy's no phy atk other then the sov backlash and beating on the mob with an auto atk, Mystic's no phy atk unless im thinking wrong and AS does phy damge which i think it did or said it did at one point any way also auto atks if not, Barbs no magic atk that i can think of, Bm's they do have a fire add on to their atk but its a hard one to pull of for the duration and damage being dealt by it, Sin's are in the same boat as bm's but may be able to pull it off better if they aps like hell on it.

Now the other classes that could do it that are left.... Seekers could do it easy they have both phy and magic atks so easy for them, Wizzy's have a phy/magic atk in their arsenal but would have a tougher time then seekers and they have auto atk of course.

So thats my thoughts it is 7 in the morning and i havnt slept so i may be wrong plz do correct me if im wrong lol xD
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Woots I'm in the archer video and it was hella fun to do \o./ b:laughb:victory ....

Imo, with the classes that would have a hard time doing it i would say.... Psy's no phy atk other then the sov backlash and beating on the mob with an auto atk, Mystic's no phy atk unless im thinking wrong and AS does phy damge which i think it did or said it did at one point any way also auto atks if not, Barbs no magic atk that i can think of, Bm's they do have a fire add on to their atk but its a hard one to pull of for the duration and damage being dealt by it, Sin's are in the same boat as bm's but may be able to pull it off better if they aps like hell on it.

Now the other classes that could do it that are left.... Seekers could do it easy they have both phy and magic atks so easy for them, Wizzy's have a phy/magic atk in their arsenal but would have a tougher time then seekers and they have auto atk of course.

So thats my thoughts it is 7 in the morning and i havnt slept so i may be wrong plz do correct me if im wrong lol xD

Mystics AS does physical damage. They have physical pet too if needed.
    I could imagine it be a pain for bm/sin/barb though, they would probably have to use wood apo for more mag damage. Barbs do have a wood selfbuff, so they should use other type if apo.
    Oh, and the phy immune have anti aps buff too for whatever reason.
    This is a test
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For barbs its not a challenge. Just an annoyance to kill the phys immune king.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • tirus21
    tirus21 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    really nice great jobb:dirty
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Yeah. Barbs have Poison Fang, Sins have condensed thorn, BMs... eh DBB is a pain to try and use for the thing but not impossible. Wood apo would serve BMs better though.

Also Mystics have pets so there's phys damage. Psychics... are kinda screwed on that end, tbh. Wizards have it almost as bad as psys but blade tempest is a thing.

Out of the classes we haven't seen do it, Earthguards have the easiest chance. Psychics would likely have the biggest hurdle to deal with. And everyone else just has slight difficulties/annoyances but it's not too horrible for them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    dbb does not work on phy immune dude at the end. I get nothing in my damage log when i try it out.

I will confirm again when i do fsp, but i think that would end the bm run there. Some kings get stunned by other classes, but bm stuns do not work on them. Weird thing i noticed as well when i did it on sin.
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    dbb does not work on phy immune dude at the end. I get nothing in my damage log when i try it out.

I will confirm again when i do fsp, but i think that would end the bm run there. Some kings get stunned by other classes, but bm stuns do not work on them. Weird thing i noticed as well when i did it on sin.

Nah. The skill itself won't be damaging but it's to get the fire buff. Hence me saying wood apoth would serve better.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Nah. The skill itself won't be damaging but it's to get the fire buff. Hence me saying wood apoth would serve better.

i meant, i kill the tombstone in lunar with dbb, they do about 1~3k damage constant. I see no effect on the king when i use dbb like that. Maybe i do something wrong?
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yeah. Barbs have Poison Fang, Sins have condensed thorn, BMs... eh DBB is a pain to try and use for the thing but not impossible. Wood apo would serve BMs better though.

Also Mystics have pets so there's phys damage. Psychics... are kinda screwed on that end, tbh. Wizards have it almost as bad as psys but blade tempest is a thing.

Out of the classes we haven't seen do it, Earthguards have the easiest chance. Psychics would likely have the biggest hurdle to deal with. And everyone else just has slight difficulties/annoyances but it's not too horrible for them.

Endgame Psys and Wizards won't have any problem with the axes or the element immune boss. They just need tangling mire. Sure it'll take awhile but it's not impossible.

Why tangling mire? Cause the "bug?!" stille exists that grants 100% accuracy on pdef debuffed mobs forever, as long as the mob lives. So just tangling mire it once and any hit will indeed hit.

One thing I don't know for sure...I dunno if it only counts for the once that was casting the debuff or for everyone thats attacking the mob.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are some pretty good points brought up in the thread, quite interesting actually. There are things I didn't consider about some classes but...there can be ways around the potential problems I guess.

Would Soulburn work on the Phys.Immune? I kinda forgot how that skill worked because I haven't played Psychic in forever.

Go go PWI players /o/

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sins have it easy. For the phy immune, they just death link/chain and jump into one of the fire traps (put on focused mind and deaden nerves to maximize the damage transfer for at least 2 but possibly more hits).

There aren't enough active wiz on my server to make a serious attempt at an all wiz FSP. I tried to solo it a while back and got through the first 3 bosses (which took about 2 hours and 20ish attempts at the toad boss) only to find that the Succubus 1shots you with the AoE skills no matter what if there aren't enough people attacking. The hardest part for wiz would be the succubus because they have 0 interrupts so they would have to kill the boss between its attempts to heal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sins have it easy. For the phy immune, they just death link/chain and jump into one of the fire traps (put on focused mind and deaden nerves to maximize the damage transfer for at least 2 but possibly more hits).
    That would be awesome! If it actually worked, which it doesn't.
    Death link on phy immune mob = no damage.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No, that is not true. I have killed it this way many times in squads that didn't have magic DDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014

There aren't enough active wiz on my server to make a serious attempt at an all wiz FSP. I tried to solo it a while back and got through the first 3 bosses (which took about 2 hours and 20ish attempts at the toad boss) only to find that the Succubus 1shots you with the AoE skills no matter what if there aren't enough people attacking. The hardest part for wiz would be the succubus because they have 0 interrupts so they would have to kill the boss between its attempts to heal.

No interrupt? Force of Will pretty much? Only cuz it doesn't clearly state that it interrupts doesn't mean it doesn't interrupt xDDD

FoW works.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Absorb Soul doesn't work on Linn Shoyo or any other elemental immune mob. Mystic is limited to Chiyu and wand whacking.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    The hardest part for wiz would be the succubus because they have 0 interrupts so they would have to kill the boss between its attempts to heal.

Could also try Earthquake on genie. That's what my squad did because nobody had a pet with Shriek. I think there's another genie skill that interrupts...Lightning Chaser?

Sad to hear though, would be cool to see an all Wizard squad :(
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Great responses so far, I've consolidated most of the points raised in the 1st post, anything I've missed or got wrong let me know will edit.

Hopefully we can iron the issues so when the runs are attempted and the cameras are rolling they go smoother.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • LilyWinters - Archosaur
    LilyWinters - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Those were really interesting vids, I enjoyed watching them all. Thanks for sharing. In particular I enjoyed Desdi's video, I don't really know much about venomancers so I really appreciated that she explained what was going on. Also kudos for not giving up when you had trouble on toad.

And for the wizzys and psys, would tangling mire + celestial sword be an option for the ele immune? I had celestial sword on a genie a long time ago but ended up ditching it before really testing the dmg potential. But I guess if we're discussing whacking it with auto attack any assistance is welcome.
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pretty sure FoW doesn't interrupt Succubus simply because it does not cause damage. But doesn't really matter since, you know, Earthquake exists.

Also, Absorb Soul works on ele immune.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    And for the wizzys and psys, would tangling mire + celestial sword be an option for the ele immune? I had celestial sword on a genie a long time ago but ended up ditching it before really testing the dmg potential. But I guess if we're discussing whacking it with auto attack any assistance is welcome.

Wizards don't need to. Blade tempest is both physical and fire damage.
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Venos cheated with pets its 20 people instead of 10 b:laugh
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014

*thinks of days of venos with nixes, when PvP level was like 70s-89s and the nixes were OP*

No idea what you guys are talking about with the psychics, clearly they can just waltz up to the magic immune bosses and whack them with their balls B|
    (kidding, though psychic orbs have a weirdly high physical attack on them.)
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • michikobaby
    michikobaby Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There are some pretty good points brought up in the thread, quite interesting actually. There are things I didn't consider about some classes but...there can be ways around the potential problems I guess.

Would Soulburn work on the Phys.Immune? I kinda forgot how that skill worked because I haven't played Psychic in forever.

Go go PWI players /o/

Yes it does work. I use it all the time when the Element Immune boss is the last to die.

I honestly do not understand why people are saying Psychics have it the worse for a solo class fsp... Assuming this is a full squad of psy, as least two (most likely more) will be sage and have sage bubble of life for purifying and healing. Landslide is reliable for interupting. Yes, they'd have to yoyo the axe mob, but those don't have much hp... I can kill them alone when they spawn on me.

Soulburn is pretty much a strong DoT, and with 10 psychics spamming that along with normal aoes on the other mobs, I see no problems at all.

We must need to prove this b:bye

I forgot to mention that Psychics have the easiest time tanking toad :) Psychic will + my own genie expel I do not need anyone elses help to tank.

Down side > we have no water/earth debuffs... No purge

*Spam Extreme Poison + crit debuff from Aqua Impact
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    FoW works, have nothing with dealing damage or sealing.
    Just like a lot of BMs doesnt know smack interrup the boss either, because they think it wont work when the seal from smack have no affect on bosses. (Of course they have shadowless kick too, I just prefer smack because of its speed and wont have to switch weapon).

It's not the seal that makes the skills interrup, its not damage from the skills that makes the skills a interrupting skill, its the skill itself thats designed to interrup.
    Can save that genie energy for debuffs and sparks :3
    This is a test
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014

Damn, we were caught b:laugh

Going by michiko's reply, seems Psychics won't have as much trouble as with thought. I had no doubts about them talking Toad since it's already been done.

Also, thanks a lot for your comment LilyWinters!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I watched the video for the venos, great video, great music. It seemed that the top was slightly cropped for me. Could be my download thingy.

I was thinking, for bm, fsp is easy, if everyone has bp. If people do not have bp, that is another story.

That being said, us bm are awesome timers. The best in the game. You have 10 bm in squad, all 10 bm will time their hf perfectly down to the milisecond. After that everyone will be crying for others to hf b:laugh.

The bosses are not hard, if going without bp. It would require buddha guard on 3~7 bm. MSS on atleast 3 bm, so they can cycle it through. HF, gs debuffs can work. One person can spam demon bell for the pdef, and people can safely go in magic marrow. The dd would be awesome b:dirty.

That being said, kind of rare to find such bm these days who use all 59 skills and other skills. Would be a great video. Beside the phy immune king, i doubt bm would have an issue on any boss.

If they get bp, there will be no issue for the tanker and squishier bm to stay alive. Rest is just agro management b:sad.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also, Absorb Soul works on ele immune.

No it doesn't.

Should also note for mystics that Bramble Tornado works as interrupt on Blossom.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No it doesn't.

Should also note for mystics that Bramble Tornado works as interrupt on Blossom.

Yes it does? O.o;; It works for my mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I watched the video for the venos, great video, great music. It seemed that the top was slightly cropped for me. Could be my download thingy.

Might also be just YT b:surrender it's looks quite okay when I watch the original in WMP but on YT it's also a bit cropped for me.

Now go make a BM FSP.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Something that is a problem for barbs... but arguably even more so for bm's as barbs have the potential to just tank through it/they do have cornered beast to avoid being killed, and that is that water damage over time d e b u f f the water boss has, that can EASILY kill ANYONE that doesn't get rid of it, a lot of people die there, and bms who do have lower magic resistance than most casters do will die faster than when a caster gets it on them.

Though there is indeed a few ways around this, magic marrow should help them, (I think) fortification balm... (something of which HAS saved me on a few occasions, despite my larger hp pool these days, (it still hurts like hell) this is something ANY class could use to get rid off it.... the same goes for genie skills) and that genie skill that makes you immune to water damage/also that Cauterize should also work I'd think.

I also feel a bm would need to prepare in different ways/be really mindful about just throwing hf/gs/mss down... especially on toad. As they would have to conserve their chi to spark away the dot from the axe being thrown. (Though aye every class will have to conserve their chi to spark, and even with all the updates, rebuilding that chi for sparking each time that is needed is no easy task, not just for bms, for any and all classes... but obviously not impossible.) Yes fortification balm WILL work here as well.

I <3 using a DBB + GS combo on that physical immune boss in mushi's room, it so helps take it down faster when the squad is lacking magic damage.

All in all bm's definitely wouldn't have the hardest time overall, but on certain bosses, they really would have to watch it, or the going will be ridiculously tough.

Now do NOT get me wrong, I am not pointing out this issue as a way to try to say they can't do this, I KNOW that they could, especially with the 'smart' bms there. (Hell bp isn't even all that needed imho.)

--

As for the psy bit, as someone else said they do have an abnormally large phys atk with spheres, and coupled with those attack levels, and perhaps some genie skills it should actually be quite plausible for them to do it, albeit it probably would still be the most difficult time with any boss in there. (As far as killing them, before they kill you goes)

---

I guess what I am trying to say/suggest... is that whomever goes in there like this without a healer or w/e... should really give a thought to what apo/genie skills they bring along to help ensure that you succeed in the run, and still get the kill for each boss. This goes for ANY and ALL classes.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)