Picking up a class to make R9

Options
Dark_one - Harshlands
Dark_one - Harshlands Posts: 74 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Hello! So since im done with making farming alt and been able to farm tons of coins with sin soloing 3-3 i got a question which class should i do and make R9. Sin has R999 daggers but i always have dreamed about to pvp with barb or seeker. So which would be better in PVE/PVP asoects, barb or seeker?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:dirty
Post edited by Dark_one - Harshlands on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Psy and have a good day
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Psy and have a good day
    b:laugh you read my mind. R9 is what i plan for my psy
    giphy.gif

• jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    My guess is seeker.
    Barb is ok but if you going for TW you most likely will be asked to do cata pull instead of killing people.

Seekers can tank and have magical damage plus they have long range attacks so no need to be in melee range.
    Also I was told seekers can debuff def levels.

Demon Barb still great you can 1 shot lots of people with sunder + amma and have advantage in NW as flag carrier.

Seeker is more about killing and barb about surviving but you already know all this.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Barb is a better class to r999.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Barb is a better class to r999.

Mystic b:shedtear. They refuse to die easily.
  • Dark_one - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Which look better, female or male seeker?
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I love playing an r9rr seeker.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I would say Seeker. Barbs aren't used for much. With seeker you can pvp, people usually want you in squad and you can tank. With a barb you're usually tanky with low damage. Also in tw, you won't be able to have much fun.
    Which look better, female or male seeker?
    Do female, 10x better fashion than males.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I would say Seeker. Barbs aren't used for much. With seeker you can pvp, people usually want you in squad and you can tank. With a barb you're usually tanky with low damage. Also in tw, you won't be able to have much fun.

Lmao what barbs do you play with? In TW the only class i have trouble fighting is a barb.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    In 2014 after NH expansion, you r9 your sin.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Barb all the way!

xD to be honest. I'm currently planning on rollin gmy seeker to r9 as well, but that comes from the simple fact that I love both classes pretty much.

The overall stronger class, especially after the next update is the barb. Don't forget. that goes for a STR-built Barb. As a vit barb you can tank like a god but you will then do only marginal dmg.

From my point of view with 830 Str I can say that even full r9, full +10 ppl (self- or unbuffed(especially caster)) can end up one-shot if I land a zerkcrit while I can be even purged and amped and still live for a long time against multiple targets. You can't do that as a seeker.

Seekers Pros are the range and mag dmg and def lvls/debuffs. They are neat to play and are a lot of fun...most of the time more fun then a barb (ya, playing seekers is freaking, amazingly funny) but still, the stronger class is the barb (Str-built!).
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

^or your barb.

seeker might also work, but seen too many fail attempts :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited August 2014
    Options

Unless you have the money to get some uber refines, avoid r9ing a sin.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Unless you have the money to get some uber refines, avoid r9ing a sin.

Ignore this guy and just full r9rr your sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Gongshow - Harshlands
    Gongshow - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I would say barb but i love my barb lol however him being a vit build he cant hit ****
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Ignore this guy and just full r9rr your sin.

Considering you have better ger than most players, how about we ignore you?b:laugh

Like i said. TW is rough on sins that don't have uber refines. I speak from experience.
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Lmao what barbs do you play with? In TW the only class i have trouble fighting is a barb.

I'm not saying they aren't tough to kill. But as part of a fun thing, they don't have a lot of fun in TW. All of my barb friends have ended up making other characters to TW with because they hate cata pulling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm not saying they aren't tough to kill. But as part of a fun thing, they don't have a lot of fun in TW. All of my barb friends have ended up making other characters to TW with because they hate cata pulling.

Ya, I would prefer just storming in and killing ppl instead of being bound to a cata (especially as a STR-Built barb ._.) but things kinda changed since we got Berserkers Wrath. You can just casually throw that stuff out to kill quite a few ppl or at least give some support to your DDing squads during TW. I guess Being a cata barb is fine for me these days xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • tirus21
    tirus21 Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    barb :)
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It's funny how the original poster asked about TWO classes, a barb, and Seeker, and yet he continues to receive opinions about other classes he should r9 instead. (Not saying I disagree with some of them, but seriously he asked between a barb and a seeker for goodness sakes. xD)

Little rant aside.

--

Barb:

Pros:

LOADS more hp.

Will be able to tank all day.

Easily the best puller.

Better survivability (goes with the tanking bit)

Random paralyze skill that costs no chi to use, could potentially lock someone down for a while/ couple with not being killed for days on in... a barb can be an insane nuisance to your opponent.

Cons:

Will hit a lot less than the seeker.

Charms/Hp food will be used more. (True sign/side effect of you living freakishly long)

Worse anti cc of the two. (NOT saying it doesn't have one... nor am I saying its completely ineffective, but it IS very annoying to use... but yea if your caught without apo/genie with the right skill on while in tiger form, it will prove difficult to get away from someone who is ccing you.)

Range attacks will be a lot less effective/constant need to close the gaps, and be hit by everyone that has you targeted/spotted.

Highly susceptible to magic damage.

--

Seeker:

Pros:

Range attacks are BADASS. (Aside from the usefulness of being able to attack from any place at any time, they are quite pwnage.)

Def levels galore.

Better cc skills, and anti cc skills of the two.

Rather decent survivability

Better with bp than barb, will get loads more hp returned.

Is an off tank, can easily tank damage for the most part.

Cons:

Wont be able to tank the damage all day.

Highly susceptible to magic damage.

Easier to make a mistake that will cost you big time over the barb. (obviously you can still make a fatal mistake on a barb, but you do have a much better chance at rebounding from one on a barb.)

Uses loads more mana, but mana food is essentially cheaper. xD

---

All that aside I would chose to r9 the seeker over a barb, I find the playstyle/ability of a seeker more fun essentially cheaper than playing a barb.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Cons:

Will hit a lot less than the seeker.

the dmg is related to the built alone. Seeker cannot reach 1k STR, Barbs can (at the cost of even more accu tho xD) + their basic Attack is higher due to wielding an axe + don't forget poison fang which adds lots of dmg actually.

The only real downside a barb has got compared to a seeker is the mobility. It's easier to get away as a seeker as you can teleport, BA, QPQ and unfetter your way out easily.

I personally find seeker alot more entertaining to play in Group PvP situations. In 1on1s you won't find anything better then a STR-Barb. But that obviously can be easily calculated by the pros and cons stated by Silvaf and myself.

Just as a note: Fighting against multiple targets at once as a barb will cause you nothing but sorrow. If your enemies know what they are doing then you will get perma CCed to death. you might be able to survive quite a bit...but unless you use AD + Iron Guard you won't be making it out alive. Talking out of personal experience. That is one of the main reasons I prefer 1on1s or any combination of enemies that can't lock me up forever xDDD

So it comes down to a decision of your favorite playing style. 1on1s or mass-PvP. I suggest rolling a seeker then cuz 1on1s are really rare and you won't be doing too shabby with a seeker in 1on1s as well so. go for a seeker.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Dark_one - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And what about other classes? Which would be worth to do and fun to play, sin works too?Also got r9 archer with full set, but i see lately archers arent that strong as they used to be.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Barbs! b:victory

All dem purges!
    Berserker's Wrath is a hax skill!
    The fearmose paralyze!

Barbs, barbs, barbs! b:dirty
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited August 2014
    Options

A barbs only role in TW isn't to pull cata you know. I know plenty of +10-+12 str barbs that have fun in TW because they decided NOT to pull cata. Barbs can be handy in aoe/seige situations.
    Barbs! b:victory

All dem purges!
    Berserker's Wrath is a hax skill!
    The fearmose paralyze!

Barbs, barbs, barbs! b:dirty

You're becoming worse than Joeb:chuckle.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    on annoyance level id say barb >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And what about other classes? Which would be worth to do and fun to play, sin works too?Also got r9 archer with full set, but i see lately archers arent that strong as they used to be.

Mystic of course.

Archers are still plenty strong in mass pvp. Not so much 1v1 situation but I don't know how often that happens on your pvp server.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Dont r9 a sin unless you can have uber refines and shards. After the update sins wont touch rrr9 HA classes.

Barbs are OP as hell.
    Seekers range ZC rock.
    Archers are the most broken, ezz way to play pwi but are boring as hell. GG auto attacks.

I personally wish I had rrr9'd my mystic or a barb.

Im a +10 rrr9 sin and hate it, even with primal skills.
  • Saibai - Raging Tide
    Saibai - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The Barb. You will be needed wanted and be a tank king. I know a few R9 barbs and some are awesome PKers I say go for it. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saibai 103/102/100 Celestial Sage Mystic (main)b:victory
    Saiichi 101/100 Celestial Sage Cleric
    Saijou 100 Demon Sin