Skill:Wizard:Primal Stone Barrier

2»

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Making the comparison between wizard stone barrier and cleric plume shell isn't really fair either.

OPKossy already pointed out several valid points, including cast, cooldown, and channel comparison.

As she stated, stone barrier lasts 15 minutes.

Plume shell lasts 20 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown. This means that the cleric will have 10 seconds where they cannot use plume shell at all.

The other crucial factor is that plume shell eats up a clerics mp with its usage. At sage, it absorbs 85 percent of incoming physical damage, and converts it into mp damage. This leaves the cleric without any mp to use , in the face of large physical attacks...unless they are charmed....and consider the current price of charms....

Venos can't be purged from fox form, just like barbs can't be purged from true form, clerics can't be purged from ultraviolet, etc. But consider the respective losses. A wiz can easily reapply their barrier, and be good to go. A veno in fox form can't use human form skills....and any other buffs on her can be purged, so she's still at a disadvantage. A veno inherently has a lower base magic attack than any other arcane class, whereas the wizzie has the highest damage of any arcane class. Thus, a veno does need to have some defensive skills to balance herself. Thing is, she still can't do any great damage until she gets out of foxform.

As Kossy pointed out, a psy sacrifices their defenses, for offenses, and vice versa....so they're either going to be a glass cannon, or a steel water gun.

As Joe pointed out, wizzies do have the highest mobility of all arcane classes, except perhaps venos. You have shrink to teleport to safety. You have a teleport that activates with physical damage, and you're capable of heavy heavy damage. Not only that, but your shells are legnthy, and you can easily reapply them.

I do agree that it shouldn't be so that a wizard can one shot a barb that's playing full defensive. Thing is, the barb can't kill you either while playing full defensive. They even gave wizzies time control skills to plant a person's hp back low, or change their position on the map. Those abilities are much deadlier than they sound too.

My point is...that the wizzie pdef with stone barrier isn't bad. Primal increase of channeling isn't bad either. True, its not utterly amazingly epic, but its not a bad skill either. Its moreso a skill that can be saved for later, if its functions don't look all that appealing to you.

Consider what archers and venos got as primals.

Even some of the psy skills, and some of the cleric abilities are meh at best. That's not to say that they're bad. They're just certain skills that our classes got that didn't make us go...oh wow. Lol.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I would love Mystic's Verdant Shell to be instant cast... so yes this is a huge update just like that.

a purged wizard is a dead wizard, after the purge he will be 1-2 shots for any melee or EA

I do agree with you on that point (depending on the opponents of course). Which proves that purge is still an important factor in mass PVP. If you think so, then I don't understand why you often say that EA are one of the worst classes currently. Maybe they are not pure DD anymore and much more support but EA are very dangerous because of their ability to purge that is often more important than venos (at least than demon ones)

a purged mystic keeps the p def, then casts nature's barrier in safety

I don't understand that at all... What do you mean by "keeps the p.def" ? A purged mystic as the same p.def than a purged wizard. And the wizard can instant cast his buff when the mystic needs 2 sec (this is not a lot but maybe enough to get stun or something before dying). According to me 2 sec is actually very long when you have no buffs at all. (and once rebuffed the wizard will have a lot more phy def than the mystic)
    Nature's barrier is very touchy to use if you got purged because you can't move (except if you were lucky with purify or had time to use some antistun but well...) and wizards have more mobility than mystics to kite.
    And if ever you were referring to leeching Chihyu, well... if you're under fire you usually can't summon chihyu then leech him fast enough, at least in mass PVP. Because of channeling/casting times, because you need one spark to leech, and because Chihyu is a one shot for everyone...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, I was under the impression form his posts in the wiz forum that Hot had some pretty good ideas in general, about wizards, but now here he is, spewing nonsense like a senile old man that got lost at the mall and has no clue where or what he's doing so he yells and invents stories.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow, I was under the impression form his posts in the wiz forum that Hot had some pretty good ideas in general, about wizards, but now here he is, spewing nonsense like a senile old man that got lost at the mall and has no clue where or what he's doing so he yells and invents stories.

nonsense?

i bring the game from my point of view, and when i try to share my knowledge, where i played almost all the classes at very endgame, i just get judged and attacked by people i dont even know like you

you could also bring facts instead of mere hate :)

what i see its just players have a really biased view of wizards at the moment, players still think wizards are Human God class, but we deftly are not, with the next patch we will be really outdated

wizard gets outperformed in anything he can do by any other class except MAYBE archers

the game took the way of the "purge-DPS for the win" way, since debuffs are becoming nonsense

a wizard cant purge either DPS,

and stone barrier ALONE its not a fair response to other classes purge+DPS
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i am pretty sure if an endgame demon archer stun arrow qs you and purge procs you are pretty much dead before you can react
    whereas a stunned cleric would cast their OP plume shell and rebuff.
    a stunned psychic would cast their psy will as well.

I see your point. sorry for doubting you. you are obviously right.

p.s. I die to just stunning arrow alone. forget qs archer so op clearly outperforms wizard QQQ.....

wizards are getting screwed but you are picking the wrong thing to complain about. open a new thread and complain about the right part if thats what you really want.
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was bored so i read the whole post.... so wierd things i read...

XXHotXx, my main is a wizard as well, my gear is not endgame, but good enough to say i can live decently and kill people, wizards are 1st or 2nd best casters classes at surviving nowadays, i would say mystics 1st since they can just spamheal forever, but as a wizard i have no issues surviving.
    I face the best geared people in my server in TW. The faction i TW against has a full +12 r9r full S cards level 80 mystic, same archer, even 1 seeker with full nuema portal set, and at least 10 more people really close to that gear, i have +11 refines, cit gems, and A cards, so im not even close, but they struggle to kill me. Im not a 1 shot for any of them pretty much (well seeker can with lucky crit zerk) and i get purged by an army of archers and venos really often, and i just escape, rebuff and charge till my next death.
    So hearing that wizards suck is wrong... our defenses are awesome, and our kitting skills unmatchable, maybe u need to spam them more often, or use a better genie, who knows, i dont teach people how to play since im a noob myself.

I will say wiz attacking skills are **** now. **** magic damage, low damage on skills, control skills with few secs of action, or chance, or high cooldowns, undine strike pretty useless, and slow cast. BUT!!!! im used to all that since day 1, so i know the limits of my class, and im happy with it. Maybe u are not, and rolling a different class might be good for you idk.
  • oberschwandorf
    oberschwandorf Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I agree 100% with Drag and Ebri.

You are comparing wizard skills to veno skills. Yet venos can switch into fox form to gain pdef, but only have option to either run or attack in melee range as they cannot use any of their ranged skills. You want a wizard to gain a skill with such defense while we still attack out of range would make a high geared wizard absolutely lethal and unkillable.

I understand you expected to get some special boost with the new stone barrier instead of channeling, but I agree with Drag, our defenses are high enough, they should rather boost some of our attacks :)
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hot just give up, these people do not roll with end game wizzies and so they simply do not know.

They don't know that a wizard has the lowest dph and dps of all the arcane classes. And our primary hope for survivability resting solely on kiting as been severely nerfed with the unblockable stuns. So yeah the wizzies have dropped to last in 1v1s and saddly group pk as well. Wizards have always been a niche class, but with the primals that niche has basically disappeared.

Like many older wizzes they have either all quit or rerolled to other classes.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Like many older wizzes they have either all quit or rerolled to other classes.

Sigh. In my experience this is a flat out lie. The class that I have seen quit and reroll the most has been barbs. Most of the wizard on this thread are the 'older' wizzies whom you speak for, and apparently, they have not quit, nor rerolled.
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sigh. In my experience this is a flat out lie. The class that I have seen quit and reroll the most has been barbs. Most of the wizard on this thread are the 'older' wizzies whom you speak for, and apparently, they have not quit, nor rerolled.

So this guy already quit on his fail barb b:bye
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    waiting for all these sudden wizard fans to show us how much more of an impact they can have over the other classes when they are similarly geared.
  • Thrieya - Lost City
    Thrieya - Lost City Posts: 732 Arc User
    edited August 2014

As Joe pointed out, wizzies do have the highest mobility of all arcane classes, except perhaps venos. You have shrink to teleport to safety. You have a teleport that activates with physical damage, and you're capable of heavy heavy damage. Not only that, but your shells are legnthy, and you can easily reapply them.

I do agree that it shouldn't be so that a wizard can one shot a barb that's playing full defensive. Thing is, the barb can't kill you either while playing full defensive. They even gave wizzies time control skills to plant a person's hp back low, or change their position on the map. Those abilities are much deadlier than they sound too.

While I agree that the point about mobility stands, I would just like to point out that the "teleport that activates with physical damage" activates only on a non-ranged auto-attack strike, and if someone actually hits you with that in PvP, they're an idiot anyway. That control skill that resets your target's position? It's useable only on the World Map. Not in NW, TW, Morai, Primal, or anywhere else you might regularly PvP. Neither Arcane Defense nor Tactical Reversion are skills that a wizard can rely on 100% of the time, is what I'm saying.

If nothing else, that's what I'd like to complain about: how unreliable and outright useless so many of our skills can be. Like Frostblade, but that's a rant for another day.

I will agree that wizards can survive and kite with the best of them, but surviving and kiting isn't all there is to PvP. While I'm running, I can't kill my target. I have to stand still to do so. The problem is, the moment I stand still to cast, I'm dead, because the spell that took 3 seconds to cast, did about 4k damage, so I need to charge up another 4 seconds for another spell that I HOPE bypasses that stupid charm, and oh look, I got stunlocked because I used up my genie on debuffs or running, and other classes can get out their stuns in less than a second now, and kill me in even less time.
  • catshop177
    catshop177 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol...wait people still pvp on this game? it's a bloody joke hahaha....why are we even arguing about anything.
    1v1 = so unbalanced and pointless now
    group pk = use your bm to primal stun a target = dead pheasant > rinse and repeat!

instead of getting your blood pressure high arguing about pvp of this game...I suggest move onto a better game if a balanced pvp is what u r seeking!
  • GimmeSnuSnu - Dreamweaver
    GimmeSnuSnu - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    b:angry WIZARD WEAKEST CLASS OF ALL! END OF STORY! b:shocked
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited January 2015

WIZARD WEAKEST CLASS OF ALL! END OF STORY!

This looks like a NECRO!

GimmeSnuSnu - Dreamweaver replied to a message that was 4 months 24 days 6 hours 2 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451