Most underrated Blademaster skill?

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Blademaster
I thought to make a thread for every class and ask you folks...

Which is the most underrated skill amongst your class? The kind of skill, that other players of your class dont really seem to appreciate, at least not most of them, but you've found a nice use for it.

You could also mention why you personally like this skill and why others do not favor it so much. Both PvE and PvP scenarios are welcomed.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hard to choose.

Myriad Sword Stance: Not enough bm's use it, with its increase in damage reduction, it canbe quite useful in saving squads. (Though this is why people rarely use it, it IS highly situational.)

Glacial Spike: Highly Underestimated skill, has sped up killing lots of bosses/mobs. Just >about< the only debuff skill that will work on the physical immune boss near mushi in FSP. (To be fair more people are using it, but not nearly enough people like that.)

Bolt of Tyresues: aoe rib strike, sleeps/immoblizies mobs in place so people don't have to chase down.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hard to choose.

Myriad Sword Stance: Not enough bm's use it, with its increase in damage reduction, it canbe quite useful in saving squads. (Though this is why people rarely use it, it IS highly situational.)

Glacial Spike: Highly Underestimated skill, has sped up killing lots of bosses/mobs. Just >about< the only debuff skill that will work on the physical immune boss near mushi in FSP. (To be fair more people are using it, but not nearly enough people like that.)

Bolt of Tyresues: aoe rib strike, sleeps/immoblizies mobs in place so people don't have to chase down.

Glacial Spike is an even more devestating skill in PvP then HF is and will ever be.

GS + a good STR powered Tangling mire can open the way for some friggin amazing DMG on players. Although I gotta admit that it is especially killer if used on self-buffed targets.

I prefer GS over HF anytime while doing PvP. But ya, that is by far the most underrated skill. Very few ppl realize how powerful it really is.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    GS+High Str Mire IS OP.

If it is choosen as an Underrated skill then i recommend some bm's to go back to the Skill makeover under Patch Notes. O GS is by far a very useful debuffer with a high str genie with Mire. O GS gives a 90% of Phy def reduction and if lucky and i mean 50% lucky ..to make every hit there after a crit hit for 5 secs.

As for myself i would say the only skill i can possible consider Underrated would be Dragon Bane Alot of Bms dont even use it as much as they should With a High refine weapon the attack debuff can be ignored really. If it hampers u too much then u can use apo to remove it if need be i would say u can spark it off but i wouldnt waste chi like that unless its a PVE boss where i can Cloud or White Tea right after for an HF or GS. The 25% crit rate is hella awsome. Got a Zerk Weapon its all the more reasons to use it.

I have all skills learned but 2 primal ones which i saving for the future after pickin up my soulforce and all my skills Demon...but there is 1 skill I refuse to put in my quickslots and that is Vacuous Palm,I feel it is absolutly a useless skill a waste of a spark i might add. Its dumb its stupid and got no buisness being in a quickslot, Unless u think u playing Streetfighter there is never a need for that skill.b:angry
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Glacial spike and Myraid Sword Stance. Both have amazing debuffs. And with numerous bm's in squad, using them can open the way for some real damage...all while reducing the amount of damage done. MSS is so rare that I'm not even familiar with its attack animation. Lol. Very very rare that I see a bm with swords. Many neglect them.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Glacial spike and Myraid Sword Stance. Both have amazing debuffs. And with numerous bm's in squad, using them can open the way for some real damage...all while reducing the amount of damage done. MSS is so rare that I'm not even familiar with its attack animation. Lol. Very very rare that I see a bm with swords. Many neglect them.

Barrage of swords falling down b:dirty. People who have effects on while they pve with me, freak out, get amazed and ask in squad, who did that skill b:cute.

I would say dragon bane, simply because people are turning their aps bm into pvp/non aps bm. They may still get gs, mss, and not use it. Dragon bane most people don't even learn it. 5 minute cool down = sucky, but for clearing bosses in tt, it is awesome.

Will try in pvp. I often use demon diamond sutra. 25+10+36 = b:dirty, imagine the carnage. Now i need to learn how not to be one shot.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Barrage of swords falling down b:dirty. People who have effects on while they pve with me, freak out, get amazed and ask in squad, who did that skill b:cute.

I would say dragon bane, simply because people are turning their aps bm into pvp/non aps bm. They may still get gs, mss, and not use it. Dragon bane most people don't even learn it. 5 minute cool down = sucky, but for clearing bosses in tt, it is awesome.

Will try in pvp. I often use demon diamond sutra. 25+10+36 = b:dirty, imagine the carnage. Now i need to learn how not to be one shot.

I actually really love Dragon Bane, there were a few 1v1s against a friend of mine a while back where I had him paralyzed and genieless and used it to go for the kill, and it was pretty legit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sword and Pole skills in general...

HF+GS+MSS on a single boss... b:dirty Epic destroyer combo.

I miss Nalvaes now...She used to use all 3 on every boss b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was gonna say Flash, but really I never use it in mass PvP. Instead I poke sins with it and kill them on accident :c

I'd have to agree with the masses, Glacial Spike and MSS are brilliant, especially GS. I wouldn't call it more devastating that HF because HF stacks with other debuffs, but GS doesn't stack with the venos debuff, so if you get a venos P.Def debuff and HF, that's obviously going to be more devastating. Hell, even Devour from a barb works fine when stacked with HF. However, if you're the only one, GS with a high str genie with Mire can make you absolutely decimate anything, reaching over 150% debuff. Because other debuffs are so hard to predict, when I'm in a group or in NW and others are around me, I jsut HF instead of GS because they might just break my GS.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Glacial isn't underused in my experience. On Mushi it's handy to use it just after he gives chi, tick off Glacial just after the party starts sparking, hit the boss once, and follow up with HF for maximum damage (Glacial lasts longer then HF, so the time where Glacial and HF boost eachother is maxed if you start with Glacial).

I personally enjoy using the mob relocation skills just after pulls. As a BM you've got a couple: Reel In, Atmos Strike and Meteor Rush. Handy to push/yank those annoying mobs outside of the vortex into range of it. Of those, Reel In is the one I find most handy.
    For added laughs, emote "Get over here" while using it. b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would definietly add Buddha's Guard to the list. Its a squad saver skill but people dont even know it exists. Its hard to get and hard to learn but its worth the effort. When first i got it i was just thinking: okay i have it now when could it be useful? hmm 10min cd thats quite a lot. Well its an every instance skill: FSP when mushi goes hysterical and we dont have veno, FWS spawn killing/adv cannonfist, Lunar when pulls go sideways and on last bosses,etc. People just think they were lucky to survive they dont realize the 1000% pdef boost. b:sad
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would definietly add Buddha's Guard to the list. Its a squad saver skill but people dont even know it exists. Its hard to get and hard to learn but its worth the effort. When first i got it i was just thinking: okay i have it now when could it be useful? hmm 10min cd thats quite a lot. Well its an every instance skill: FSP when mushi goes hysterical and we dont have veno, FWS spawn killing/adv cannonfist, Lunar when pulls go sideways and on last bosses,etc. People just think they were lucky to survive they dont realize the 1000% pdef boost. b:sad

actually close to no effect to heavy armor users and maybe max refine and carded la too with pdef ornament, now mostly for saveing arcane users or low geared peoples :/

atleast was alot more effective before NH :/
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    buddah's guard is a fantastic skill but i dont feel its under rated due to its epic CD. Having a 1000% pdeff boost ( and trust me its noticeable even with full +10 r9rr and might rings) for pve been mentioned but also great in TW / Nw when a sin has jumped you're cleric and has the new primal insta gib skills but only once every 10mins is too extreme maybe 90s - 3min CD as it is only a 10s buff
    edited July 2014
    buddah's guard is a fantastic skill but i dont feel its under rated due to its epic CD. Having a 1000% pdeff boost ( and trust me its noticeable even with full +10 r9rr and might rings) for pve been mentioned but also great in TW / Nw when a sin has jumped you're cleric and has the new primal insta gib skills but only once every 10mins is too extreme maybe 90s - 3min CD as it is only a 10s buff

was tryed normal demon buff on sage tiger formed barb with all buff, already reached the 95% ressistance (well was S carded and 3rd and ring+12 but still)...

when the pdef addon from bell disappear still left on 94.35% ressistance.

thats the problem later with high S card and refines and this could be even more because only 1 ring was +12 another was +0 and card isnt reawakened or something :/

i guess this same with p marrowed bm because if i remember to friend he with 3rd bm and nw neck etc got around 30k pdef and 40k mdef? (not sure but something like that, i must ask, but i am sure he pretty close to ressistance cap if u marrow or already reach it what make budha useless in that situation and even less bonus with magic marrow than before because pdef could be with it over 80k and every pdef over 80k just waste because no more dmg reduction above 80k pdef )
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Buddas Guard is awesome at Mushi, especially if a not-so-tanky sin is tanking it. Rampage -> Buddas Guard -> Myriad Sword -> No fatalities.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited July 2014
    btw could be really nice if dev team make 2minute (max 3) cooldown on it or better make a primal version if less effective at end game in few case.
  • sh4gi
    sh4gi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    actually close to no effect to heavy armor users and maybe max refine and carded la too with pdef ornament, now mostly for saveing arcane users or low geared peoples :/

first off you're a sin
    second how would you know the max capability of a skill like BG
    Third a friend of mine is full +12 on R999 he gets the full effect of the skill so suggest keeping your nooby sin replies out of BM discussions, not being rude but it annoys me when people who play a completely different class to another think they know the other class better than the player playing it... this skill gives a huge boost to any class no matter what cards or their max pdex resistance since it is a 10 sec skill it can sometimes go over the resistance cap and this has been proven and is known by some...
  • catn
    catn Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Glacial Spike It does not do any thing for me
    stand next to me you'll never stand alone

juniornowack HeavensTear
    edited July 2014
    sh4gi wrote: »

first off you're a sin
    second how would you know the max capability of a skill like BG
    Third a friend of mine is full +12 on R999 he gets the full effect of the skill so suggest keeping your nooby sin replies out of BM discussions, not being rude but it annoys me when people who play a completely different class to another think they know the other class better than the player playing it... this skill gives a huge boost to any class no matter what cards or their max pdex resistance since it is a 10 sec skill it can sometimes go over the resistance cap and this has been proven and is known by some...

if i am nooby sin then u are what without avatar? and use [ quote] [/ quote]tag
    Third a friend of mine is full +12 on R999 he gets the full effect of the skill
    could show his stat in full buffed pdef marrowed if what u say true? b:laugh
    also could be ncie if u prove its going over the cap limit (what isn't limit then) because intereting but mu elemental shell with 11000+ mdef dont reduce more the dmg than 80k mdef
  • sh4gi
    sh4gi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    elemental shell sounds like a wizard skill what has that got to do with BMs lmao, I don't need an avatar to point out i am a BM also English please I am pretty sure intereting isn't a word... ohh and also I'm a copy and paste person makes things soo much easier.. you really need a lesson on English since the last bit i don't get at all....
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    any and all sword skills are underrated. swords on a bm are underrated.

spirit chaser is one of our few mid-ranged skills, atmos strike is great for keeping a head in fw off your back and hits fairly hard too.

mss is... well, many others before me have already stated it's advantages. one other addition to it though, in nw/tw, when it crits, mages die. unless they severely outgear me anyway...
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sh4gi wrote: »
    elemental shell sounds like a wizard skill what has that got to do with BMs lmao, I don't need an avatar to point out i am a BM also English please I am pretty sure intereting isn't a word... ohh and also I'm a copy and paste person makes things soo much easier.. you really need a lesson on English since the last bit i don't get at all....

I'll play nice in this post, be respectful to others when they post. What the "sin" is saying, in pwi game mechanics, once you reach the cap for your resistance, it does not matter whether you have 80k mdef (cap) or 3 million mdef (maxed like goku), the damage you take will be very similar. If I am wrong, Shadowvzss can correct me.

Copy paste = hard to read your comment from the person you copy pasted from.
    any and all sword skills are underrated. swords on a bm are underrated.

spirit chaser is one of our few mid-ranged skills, atmos strike is great for keeping a head in fw off your back and hits fairly hard too.

mss is... well, many others before me have already stated it's advantages. one other addition to it though, in nw/tw, when it crits, mages die. unless they severely outgear me anyway...

MSS = crit kill? Really, is your sword refined? what sword do you use? I am one of those bm that has fist/claw refined, and axes somewhat b:chuckle.
  • OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon
    OO_Venus_Oo - Momaganon Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well maybe Buddha's Guard doesnt have much effect on r9rr +12 heavy users but i think the thread isnt about most underrated skills for r9rr +12 players becouse for example on morai in a random pt about 3-4/10 is r9 and 1-2 is ha. Im g16 bm and i can find it very useful dont tell me that 90k instead of 20k doesnt matter.
    edited July 2014
    I'll play nice in this post, be respectful to others when they post. What the "sin" is saying, in pwi game mechanics, once you reach the cap for your resistance, it does not matter whether you have 80k mdef (cap) or 3 million mdef (maxed like goku), the damage you take will be very similar. If I am wrong, Shadowvzss can correct me.

Copy paste = hard to read your comment from the person you copy pasted from.

exactly, i doubt if elemental shell work like that then BG is different, and like said my wife on r9 3rd barb is close to that limit with all buff, with demon bell or sage cleric pdef buff already on limit :/

MSS = crit kill? Really, is your sword refined? what sword do you use? I am one of those bm that has fist/claw refined, and axes somewhat b:chuckle.

Flash also nice skill because use multiplied base dmg
    Im g16 bm and i can find it very useful dont tell me that 90k instead of 20k doesnt matter.

(i talked about r9 3rd not 2nd, but anyway example ornaments/str stat make higher pdef too like belt,rings (sometimes phys neck rarly usefull where more phys mob/boss) etc)

i said 80k or over that doesn't matter not at 20k, 20k pdef way low, a wizzard get over 20k pdef with selfbuff later but well agree its usefull in preendgame still 10min cooldown enough much :/
  • Morridune - Raging Tide
    Morridune - Raging Tide Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    in regards to guard having no effect, aside from the pve aspects running about in TW/NW with magic marrow on only to have a full +12 akt sharded sin pop on you it rly dose make a difference
    thats b4 the OP seeker who QpQ the deff lvl nerf and switch to phys skills cos they see you're m,marrow is nerfing ur pdeff but again it's CD is simply too long nice skill just wouldnt say its quite under rated

* said from experience not theroycrafted math*