Your personal must-have pet list

morenawolf
morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
What are those pets you would never re-hatch and will live in your pet bag forever?

In this moment mine are:

- Glacial Walker
- Dark Wanderer
- Armored Bear
- Kowlin
- Windwalking Piggy
- Celestial Plumpfish

I'm planning to substitute the bear with the Froglin and the Wanderer with the Scorpion, just to try its buff :P sigh, I need to buy more pet slots.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
Tempestosa - Stormbringer
Archosaur & Morai server
Post edited by morenawolf on

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Must have for me is:

- tank
    - pvp dd
    - pve dd (if it's not combinable with pvp)
    - puller
    Rest is not a must-have.

And what lives in my cage atm:
    herc
    nix
    monkey
    cactopod
    ninetail fox (actually it's not useful at all, idk why I keep it lol)
    mount
    all class pets: rat (it's cute) and tw reward panda
    flying swine (wanted to test its pushing back skill, but it turned to be useless, kinda decoratory pet)
    dog (same reason as swine)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For me right now it's this:

PvE - Empyrean Harpy
    PvP - Avatar of War (aka Monkey King)
    PvE (sometimes) - Celestial Giant

I know, I know legendary pets... but they are just so good. Unless they release new/better pets, I can't go back to the life before those pets. Well, I could if I had to but you get the gist.

Whilst I don't use the Giant much these days, it's still a very useful pet so that's also something I wouldn't replace.

If I didn't have legendary pets, however my list would probably be:

PvE - Imperial Skeleton (with some legendary pet skills) for DD
    PvE - I had a Shaodu Cub as my tank then so I'd probably evolve it and use that, even if Glacial Walker is better
    PvE - Illusory Thorn, for pulling and ranged DD
    PvP - ..to be honest no non-legendary pet can survive enough to be useful...

What I have in my pet bag right now is this:

-Empyrean Harpy
    -Celestial Giant
    -Heliacal Phoenix (don't really use it nowadays...poor birdy)
    -Drizzy (evolved because I was into the hype, I just use it for tests eg. Listen EX room in Cube)
    -Imperial Skeleton (nice pet but I have no uses for it these days, I evolved it because I had Bless & Claw and was one of my main pets before Harpy/Monkey, but I kinda regret it because Hatchling form was cuter and I don't use it now anyway...)

The rest are mounts/all-class pets.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For me right now it's this:

PvE - Empyrean Harpy
    PvP - Avatar of War (aka Monkey King)
    PvE (sometimes) - Celestial Giant

I know, I know legendary pets... but they are just so good. Unless they release new/better pets, I can't go back to the life before those pets. Well, I could if I had to but you get the gist.

Aye, this is what my list looks like also - I kept all of my old pets but these are simply too good to replace. :( I miss my little shadou cub! The rest of my pet back is just mounts / all class pets and a cactopod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just.... really want the harpy. The things that she does and the concept that she's a distance spellcaster, have been the sort of things I've wanted in a pet ever since I was a really low level foxie... and the closest I cold get were the elemental attacks or cacti.
    I always thought that having a pet that was the 'mage' and being the fox that was the close combat would be cool low levels *since I didn't have any human form attack-branch skills sans venomous 1 until level 72*... now in practicality that probably wouldn't work as well, but it's so nostalgic.
    *constantly kills morai creatures to sell DQ items and gather up coins to turn into gold when the rep sale turns off* OTL

Right now, the only cash shop pet I have is the phoenix (evolved) and he pretty much is summoned 24/7 to help with everything, because that Cunning nature is best debuf. Not sure what the 'doesn't work as well on monsters' means number/percentile, though...
    ...other ones that sit around are the evolved frog (helped Desdi get the info for it), Drizzy, evolved dino, a heaven cactopod that I desperately want to replace with harpy someday, and my old redtailed minkii who was my pet growing up.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cautiousfighter
    cautiousfighter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My must have personal list:
    Derjan's Ancient Hatchling
    Phoenix
    Celestial Giant
    Monkey King
    I'm not after legendary pets so badly but they're cool to have XD
  • morenawolf
    edited August 2014
    Heeeey, don't feel sorry because you have the leg pets :D it means you're goot at making coins, that's all. And even if you spended real money to have them, you just donated important money to help our favourite game to exist and pay all those people who work all day on the development of PW. So don't dare to feel sorry! b:cute

I agree on what Veneir said... Harpy is my dream. :( it's just too hard for me to farm coins, even just for a Herc. Sigh. Everytime I see a veno with a Harpy I'm tempted to ask her HOW?! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    In my pet bag...

Herc (evolved)
    Nix (evolved)
    Shadou cub (not evolved)
    the other bear(not evolved)
    Dog (evolved) for the look
    Cactus (evolved) idk why i bothered with it lol
    skeleton (evolved)
    2 mounts
    Kowlin

But herc & nix i use the most...kowlin for pulling. i want the monkey!!! but that's on a list of thingsi want lol...

I got a glacial walker tamed in my bag so when i rebirth a 2ndtime she has a pet for tanking lol.

I had to take 8 months off so currently rebirth 1 lvl 84 lol
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am a PVE only veno and my main three pets are:
    ---Herc: the tank, physical AOE DD
    ---Harpy: THE DD, single target/AOE/ranged; very rarely - puller
    ---Frogling: my debuffer (replaced 3/4 basic skills) for really OP squads that don't benefit from the harpy or really weak squads that wipe on bosses' AOE attacks

Harpy backups: these used to be my main pets until I got the harpy
    ---Derjan: single-target melee DD on elemental immune mobs (for AOE in the same situation I use herc)
    ---Cactus: puller and single target ranged DD on elemental immune mobs

Misc:
    ---Drizzy: I keep her in my pet bag for sentimental reasons. Truthfully, I never used her because the cactus was a better puller, and I haven't figured out what else she's good at beside running. Now after evolving, she's not even pretty anymore. I taught her stun, slow and mdef debuff, so she's supposed to be the pet to use when enemies run away... If I didn't have a harpy, maybe I would actually use her like this, but harpy has better damage, better stun, and can hit enemies a lot more times before they move out of range (and by this time they usually die, without me even hitting them). If someone has stories to share how they use this pet, I will be very happy if you share.

---Scorpiotail Voodoist: fashion pet, although because she is not level 100 (I don't want to explain why she's levelled at all >.> ), I used her when I just rebirthed for a few levels until I could summon the herc again

---Mount - because I'm not demon >.>
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    I've never seen a veno with a harpy before, sans Desdi... I always thought it was something that no one really had and that people pretty much ignored the new pets and stayed with the old. It's neat to see that more people have the new ones on here 'x3

The mount comment reminded me, I've kept a Doom's Stare (along with my normal 11 mps deer mount) specifically for trolling people in PvP so that I'm impossible to select b:chuckle
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    I've never seen a veno with a harpy before, sans Desdi... I always thought it was something that no one really had and that people pretty much ignored the new pets and stayed with the old. It's neat to see that more people have the new ones on here 'x3

The mount comment reminded me, I've kept a Doom's Stare (along with my normal 11 mps deer mount) specifically for trolling people in PvP so that I'm impossible to select b:chuckle

There's around five venomancers on Lost City with the Harpy pet, and around 15+ with the monkey. Poor Harpy needs more love :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    It's been already an year since those pets came out so I think people are starting to buy them now or maybe they have been saving coin/gold and are finally able to buy them.

There are more Harpies on Sanctuary, being a PvE server and all, but there are still far more Monkies. Well, it's quite understandable since a Harpy is not needed for PvE whereas a Monkey is pretty essential for anyone that's at least a little serious about PvP. Not that the Monkey is totally needed either but it's a pretty big improvement that players with no Monkies miss out on.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Harpy's problem is that it's not really needed on PWI. We have custom nv3 with +40 attk lvl on weap, permanent blessing +30/15, the only place where Harpy can make difference - caster nirvana - is dead. But well refined r9r will manage to do it without harpy anyway. PV is possible without harpy (I even consider it easier to do without pet helping, since its attack may lag a bit, it can die fast and you can't control its casting speed properly).
    It is good only for assisting in attack. It's nice to have it around, but it definitely isn't worth 500mil. I would think seriously of it if i was full vit, just for damage, but even in this case I'm not sure I would buy. Monkey hits pretty fine in pve too.
    Full GV - doable without harpy I think, but I don't know any veno who would seriously solo farm full GV. In this case maybe...
    In the open world I prefer to keep monkey at hand in case of attack, though in pve servers it's not a problem.
    All in all, it's more decoratory than necessary, IMO.

Monkey with both buffs is better than nix, can tank and DD anywhere, harpy isn't a tank and you can't replace any of her skills for buffs, except claw, but it's doubtful replacement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    the only place where Harpy can make difference - caster nirvana - is dead.

Why would you say harpy is only good in a singular instance when it has the highest potential DD of all pets in PvE (which is most of the game when you're not super OP)?
    Or so, that's the impression I've gotten when watching Desdi videos/posts with harpy.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the Harpy because it can serve you in many ways. Yes, she's not really needed and I've mentioned that multiple times, she's a luxury, especially at the current price.

She can actually tank, she's just limited to ranged tanking. I often find new ways of using her in various instances & places and it makes the game more fun/interesting/better. I could make a list but this would turn into off topic xD

It's kind of like a Hercules... you technically didn't need one back in the day to be a Venomancer (despite people nagging QQ get a Herc QQ Veno useless), but it gave you the ability to do so much more. Practically you don't need a single legendary pet, they just expand your abilities by a lot.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    There are many instances where I have found the harpy uniquely useful that other pets cannot compare. Most notably is her AOE 'zhen' skill - I have quite succesfully solo'd my own BH GV with her zhen. When I am on the open map, waiting for PK or to be PK'd, having the Harpy zhen on an NPC prevents sins from sneaking up on me (I also use this when I can do Tiger event.) Zhen is fun to use doing that annoying Li Soo quest in Primal, where you need to hit mobs twice for drops.

Harpy really shines in events such as CoA. Where every boss and mob is anti-aps, the Harpy's magical attacks makes killing bosses very simple. While I am aware that other pets have skills that do full damage, Monkey cannot skill spam without there being some form of APS break while skills are on cooldown. Obviously also Caster Nirvana is awesome (and makes my 10x elemental scorpion obselete), although I rarely get a chance to bring her there. In FSP, the physical immune king - if there is a lack of magical DD in squad, it helps bring it down faster.

Tiger event with harpy is amazing. I have each of her skills set on different hotkeys, so I can simply tab and have Harpy attack while I pick. Unfortunately my schedule makes it so I can hardly do Tigers anymore. :(

In Bridge Battles in NW, Harpy is insane. With the self-dragon debuff and amp, my harpy can hit them for 100k+. My monkey and nix would always glitch out in bridge fights and get stuck and not attack.

Harpy can be used as a ranged tank, although I would use my Herc over Harpy in tanking. She is not meant to tank, she is meant to DD and she does a fantastic job of it, especially in instances and bosses with anti-aps which makes the Monkey and other pets less useful to use :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    What can be done with harpy which is much harder or impossible without it?

Examples:
    Monkey: pvp
    Buffed legendary/Herc: HH giant beast (emperor, final boss, minister and steelation are ranged so I assume, can be tanked by harpy as well), lower lvl BHs and culti when you need a tanking pet. Some quests probably like last boss for the nex foxform chain.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the Harpy because it can serve you in many ways. Yes, she's not really needed and I've mentioned that multiple times, she's a luxury... it makes the game more fun/interesting/better...
    It's almost exactly what I say, there is nothing much to disagree with, but:
    It should cost like nix/herc, around 80mil. They are not a must they are replacable, it's fair they are cheap now. Unlike monkey, which use is justified everywhere. There is such thing as worthwhileness. I don't say it's totally useless, but no wonder that it's unpopular. It would surprise me more if ppl bought it more actively :)
    p.s. If it costed 80m or so, I'd rush to grab it first b:chuckle

When I am on the open map, waiting for PK or to be PK'd, having the Harpy zhen on an NPC prevents sins from sneaking up on me (I also use this when I can do Tiger event.) Zhen is fun to use doing that annoying Li Soo quest in Primal, where you need to hit mobs twice for drops.
    Harpy's range: 10m
    Shadow Jump (Level 10) Range 30.0  Meters
    Shadow Teleport (Level 10) Range 35.0  Meters
    If sin targets you with intention to kill, he won't be tricked by harpy's aoe ;) May accidentally knock out someone from stealth once in ages, but I can hardly imagine this in real pvp, not talking about that it rarely happens near any npc
    In Bridge Battles in NW, Harpy is insane. With the self-dragon debuff and amp, my harpy can hit them for 100k+. My monkey and nix would always glitch out in bridge fights and get stuck and not attack.
    Dunno if it's still bugged, I resummon pets every time I enter battle out of habbit) and it works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Well, I believe there are plenty of things that can be done with X pet or without X pet or be replaced by Y pet. Monkey is probably the only exception here because we haven't had any other pet like it before, it has no competition in PvP.

Let me give an example though. With the Harpy I can pull larger groups of monsters that normally I can't tank myself but I can use Harpy to stun at the beginning while I channel Parasitic Nova and then proceed to AOE the heck out of those monsters while still having my Genie and Apoth untouched.

I was also able to kill the 5 Kings in FSP all by myself once when my duo partner disconnected, by rotating Harpy's stun and my Parasitic Nova and the combined AOE power (practically zhen from Harpy's part). Of course I also had to use immunities from time to time and use Fox Attacks on Elemental Immune boss.

Now, I could use a Celestial Giant in those cases and have him pull all the aggro and tank everything. It would still work but I'd probably have to limit myself to spam healing, things would take longer perhaps.

In the FSP video we had Giants tank the Toad in turns. We had a Venomancer with an evolved Glacial Walker that had "herc buffs" and Roar so they could have used the pet in place of the Giant.

And then there's also botting, killing things faster (DD power and range). I've botted with the Harpy and it was far better than Monkey but I did use the Monkey because I wanted to level it (Harpy was already 102 from all the PvE XD). Well, people won't buy a Harpy just to bot but maybe it can repay its cost through effective botting? Who knows.

Now, I know you're probably thinking "well since you can do those things without the Harpy anyway, then why not go for the cheaper option?". You're not wrong there but I'll say there are some things Harpy will do better and more effectively than other pets. Whether you need that, it's up to you.

Ultimately, the reason I said I disagree with you is that from your post, I thought you were implying that the Harpy is pointless "it's more decorative" when it isn't (in my opinion anyway). What I do agree with you on is that it's too expensive right now so it's probably not fully worth it's price tag.

I hope the mods won't catch us going off topic, but it's nice to have some activity/arguments around here again lol.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014

I hope the mods won't catch us going off topic
    *locks you up and throws away the key*
    The rest of you get on topic RAWR! b:angry

*goes off to a honeymoon with your tail now that you can't stop us* b:avoid

Nah. Respectable discussions and debate are always nice and it's kinda relevant even if it's branched to a side topic. With an emphasis on respectable. The lack of flaming and trolling thanks to the power of fluff goes a long way. b:chuckle

I'd pitch in my own two cents but I basically agree with what Desdi's saying. I mean, if we wanna get technical you don't need a pet for PvE period... but you can't deny that they're still handy there. Same thing with a harpy over other pets, even if the price tag makes it harder to justify for most players at this point in time.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Harpy's range: 10m
    Shadow Jump (Level 10) Range 30.0  Meters
    Shadow Teleport (Level 10) Range 35.0  Meters
    If sin targets you with intention to kill, he won't be tricked by harpy's aoe ;) May accidentally knock out someone from stealth once in ages, but I can hardly imagine this in real pvp, not talking about that it rarely happens near any npc
    [/COLOR]

You'd be surprised - at bosses like Tiger event where I know there will be PKers, it's knocked quite a few sins out before they can hit me. Perhaps I should attribute that to the ineptitude of the sin?

I never claimed harpy to be a necessity. I was simply pointing out all of the things she could do that other pets could not, or could do in a drastically inferior fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    And
    OPKossy wrote: »
    ...the power of fluff...
    ... should prevail over power of fangs and claws b:chuckle
    You'd be surprised - at bosses like Tiger event where I know there will be PKers, it's knocked quite a few sins out before they can hit me. Perhaps I should attribute that to the ineptitude of the sin?
    Hard to say, it's very situational. Depends on what you targeted etc etc. Veno can aoe too, can't she? Even though harpy's aoe is more fast and frequent. But even if it happens, I'd prefer monkey, not harpy to be summoned at that moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • miscarcando
    miscarcando Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    are you guys sure it *MUST BE* only a legendary pet and the rest of them is bs?
    i have 3 non legendary pets which i can use for all what pwi offer for us and they dont die more often or less than all the other pets i saw in action. i soloed worldbosses with dino as well as with the dark wanderer and never had some problems last time, also not in instances etc. same result for me in nw with a nice token reward each time i do it. i am not r9.

the high possible attack levels from legendary pets is more a marketing gag than helpful in pvp since the primal passive skills and all other possible op **** u can get. my exprience here is your best pet will be the one with the most useful fullstar mode u can get for the situation you wana use it, as well as a very nice inherit roll.

all my pets are lvl 103 with full legendary buffs and full star modes, and yes this is mandatory for each pet anyway. (just my opinion)

something must be wrong, or i am wrong for this game, how ever b:chuckle

b:bye
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    are you guys sure it *MUST BE* only a legendary pet and the rest of them is bull****?
    i have 3 non legendary pets which i can use for all what pwi offer for us and they dont die more often or less than all the other pets i saw in action. i soloed worldbosses with dino as well as with the dark wanderer and never had some problems last time, also not in instances etc. same result for me in nw with a nice token reward each time i do it.

That was my point earlier if you read it; there are pets that can replace other pets and do just fine.
    In some situations they won't be as effective of course since otherwise legendaries wouldn't have any sort of advantage but that's more or less the gist.

I don't think anyone talked down the non-legendary pets though O.o apart from PvP, I guess. Maybe I'm just biased but after using a Monkey for PvP, I can't see any other pet competing there.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    the high possible attack levels from legendary pets is more a marketing gag than helpful in pvp since the primal passive skills and all other possible op **** u can get.
    Lucky scarab stuns for 2 sec (lvl 10 and demon version before earlier update) with 15 sec cd (lvl 10 and sage one). Monkey stuns for 2 sec with 15 sec cd, 15m range and aoe. I doubt you would refuse to have double lucky scarab if you had such chance. If you don't remove pounce, it's 2+3+3+8+3+2=21 sec of continuous stunlock, which couldn't be provided by any pet before. And stunlock is vital in pvp. Though it's easier to accomplish it in theory than in practice, extra stun, ready almost any moment you need it, is a bit more than just helpful. Considering monkey lives.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • miscarcando
    edited August 2014
    when i would have the *must have* feeling, the monkey is the only cs pet i would buy, but only when i do serious pk. the best rolled monkey cannot save me from dead against r9 +12b:chuckle

i would remove pounce for strong and protect instead!

the best non legendary pvp pet is the dark wanderer because of the much better pvp moods he can get compared to the dino. the mood boisterous is a great help for me in pvp situations and also works good for pve, i want not miss it. my sawfly and the wanderer have this in full star. all my pets hv pvp moods because i dont see a reason having an extra pve pet. depending on situations i just switch the pet in nw.

the only really bad thing of non legendary pet is they are not useable for all in one area, but this is just pwi marketing bs.

however just my 2 centsb:bye
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Please stop trying to get around the filter. It doesn't help your point and just gives mods things to edit.

That and it's against the rules anyways.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • miscarcando
    edited August 2014
    ok sorry
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Difference between rare evolved pets and legendary pets is like the difference between G16 nirvana and R9rr. One is much cheaper and 90% of the time will be good enough for just about anything you want to do. However, eventually you hit a roof, and the only way to get better is to get the more expensive set of gear.

The same goes for pets. As was already said, not only do you not need a legendary pet, you don't need a pet at all, if you're wanting to be minimal. But if you already have all the rare pets pimped out with the legendary buffs, eventually you should start farming for the legendary pets themselves. They're not insanely more powerful than other pets available in the game, but they are better. They can go on all terrain, their stats are all higher, their inherited bonuses are higher, they have access to skills other pets do not, etc etc.

As an example, one harpy can do the job of 5 other pets (single-DD, aoe-DD, ranged, puller, stunner). The question is then whether you would consider those 5 jobs necessary for a pet. If you think the other 5 pets are must-have, then harpy, by replacing them, also becomes must-have. If you only think single target DD is important, but the other jobs are not, then those other 4 pets are not must-have and neither is the harpy.

So the way I see it, this topic is not so much about pets themselves (unless you keep pets just for their looks), but about specific abilities pets have. It's about which abilities you think are important enough on a pet to justify having that pet take up a slot in your bag.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Difference between rare evolved pets and legendary pets is like the difference between G16 nirvana and R9rr. One is much cheaper and 90% of the time will be good enough for just about anything you want to do. However, eventually you hit a roof, and the only way to get better is to get the more expensive set of gear.

The same goes for pets. As was already said, not only do you not need a legendary pet, you don't need a pet at all, if you're wanting to be minimal. But if you already have all the rare pets pimped out with the legendary buffs, eventually you should start farming for the legendary pets themselves. They're not insanely more powerful than other pets available in the game, but they are better. They can go on all terrain, their stats are all higher, their inherited bonuses are higher, they have access to skills other pets do not, etc etc.

As an example, one harpy can do the job of 5 other pets (single-DD, aoe-DD, ranged, puller, stunner). The question is then whether you would consider those 5 jobs necessary for a pet. If you think the other 5 pets are must-have, then harpy, by replacing them, also becomes must-have. If you only think single target DD is important, but the other jobs are not, then those other 4 pets are not must-have and neither is the harpy.

So the way I see it, this topic is not so much about pets themselves (unless you keep pets just for their looks), but about specific abilities pets have. It's about which abilities you think are important enough on a pet to justify having that pet take up a slot in your bag.

This is actually a very good comparison and a good comment! I was somewhat trying to convey that but you said it better than me.
  • morenawolf
    edited August 2014
    It wasn't my intention to open a discussion about free pets VS legendary pets or define what pets are a general must-have b:surrender it's just about personal tastes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Well, stuff like that happen sometimes and the thread ends up in a different direction xD but it would be good if we went back on track now.