Community Update [August]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited September 2014 in General Discussion
Hey all,

I'm currently working on a lot of blogs, both sales and content wise, for the new update so I apologize for the delay on this. That said, Let's get started with the August update.

Chill Of Luneska

As you may have all seen, we will be having an update on the 19th (6 days away!). I have a brief overview of what's to come, but there will be a lot more such as new mounts and costumes! (Blog on that will be coming shortly)

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/6006863-chill-of-luneska%2C-coming-soon%21

PVP Tournament

With all of the features coming, and my workload more than doubling, I've had to delay this a bit. It will for sure come in September, and I'll be posting a more solid date on that really soon. The reason behind this is, Myself and DoD do not have a lot of free weekends coming up, and I don't want to short change the servers who have not gotten a tournament yet, with a sub-par tournament. Because of that, I put a little delay on it.

Community Event

I've had this idea for awhile, but I want to see if you guys would like it. It would essentially be a scavenger hunt in-game. I would go and find areas, objects, whatever, and take screenshots. It would then be up to the community to find them and post back a screenshot of their own that matches the location/object I took. To win, you would need to post all screenshots (could be 5, 10, etc, but I'd need to come up with a number first) and I would allow up to 3 possible winners per server. 1st most matches, 2nd most matches, 3rd most matches.

Aside from that, I have finally been given permission to summon monsters (I don't have it yet technically, but they want to allow us, we just need to give them a monster list). So with that said, what monsters would you like to see summonable for events?

Weekly Giveaways

These will keep going, so if you have any suggestions on what you would like to see next, let us know. We can't obviously give everything away, but we can still get some goodies out there.

As always, If anything new pops up I'll add it here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And the DQ system?... It's been nearly a year, Sparkie. This has been an ongoing "soon", since early 2013.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    With the new content update, will there be any fixes for the numerous in game problems?

And oh ya. No mention of the DQ system? You have yet to provide any real news on it other then that you guys are working on it. It has been dam close to a year since you announced it and all we have seen for it is 30 characters of text.
    NGTUy53.png

• _RubyFire_ - Heavens Tear
    _RubyFire_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dreamchasher Please.. Or Two.. ,mine Went Poof
  • raffleman2014
    raffleman2014 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    +10orb x5.... sometimes make better gift not trash ty.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    A suggestion for weekly freebie, within reason, 3 Six-Star Dragon Orbs that are only allowed on bound items?

I mean we do get that with every new toon that gets to 100, so figured it's not out of the realm of possibility. Of course those Six-Star Orbs can't be combined to make higher.

Also, if you're working/suggesting sales... can we/I get a 50% off on that Identity Stone? Because I'd hardly call 38Gold to 31.2 Gold a sale, in comparison to other sales.

Anyways, thanks for the August update :)
    Still excited about upcoming patch!
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Absence Note

There is no way to obtain an Absence Note. there used to be a rare event that gave us a low chance just of 3% to get an Absence Note, but we didn't have that event for months. people sometimes have storms, isp problems, vacations, or god forbid, serious real life issues that prevent them from logging on for days or weeks! so pwi is punishing them additionally. and the worst part is; once the month is over, it is impossible to use an Absence Note retrospectively, which is cruel if there has been no way whatsover to obtain one for months. b:sad

requesting either to permanently re-enable the 'Auspicious Contest ' which gave the 'Zhu Que's Bounty' or to add that item to the weekly giveaway list. b:beg
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Community Event

Aside from that, I have finally been given permission to summon monsters (I don't have it yet technically, but they want to allow us, we just need to give them a monster list). So with that said, what monsters would you like to see summonable for events?

Sacrificial Harpy Wraith.
    Sacrificial Illusion Lord: Armageddon.
    Sacrificial everything.

Inside west archosaur.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Im confused. GM's spawned random monsters outside west for us many times over the years. hell even the harpywraith need for that stupid quest that has the wrong harpy wraith that dont exist. boom quest uncompleted for years finally get to get completed. they spawned Huge different dino's. etc etc. So was that power taken or are you and DoD not GM equivalent ingame?
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seconded on the DQ replacement system - at least some sort of timeline. I have a bank toon full of DQ that I've been saving in order to give a login enough event gold to roll new toons. If it's gonna be another random number of months/years before it's done and/or the Powers that Be continue to restrict the usefulness of Event Gold I'll just sell them for coin.

At this point please pass on our desire for an answer, up or down.

Thanks.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    +10 orbs x3 on that weeekly giveaway cause of the new content :)

Btw, where is the DQ system? u dont even mention it on your notes anymore... Unbeliveble :)
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    what about giving away, excitement cards (5M ) or Primardial Blood x20(for making new books and increase defense in primar world.) since nobody wants to do UHC anymore, i gotta farm them and we get 2 per day, 10 days for getting 20... too much
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Absence Note
    Weapon Fashion (in the form of Bite of Archosaur maybe?)
    Demon/Sage Card (those are always good to keep those up!)
    Dreamchaser Pack (same as above)

^ this shall be my wishlist for the weekly giveaways :3
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the primal WB
    b:bye
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Sacrificial Harpy Wraith.
    Sacrificial Illusion Lord: Armageddon.
    Sacrificial everything.

Inside west archosaur.

How about The Devastator b:avoid
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about like 100 do-all cards for a freebie?
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    And the DQ system?... It's been nearly a year, Sparkie. This has been an ongoing "soon", since early 2013.

^This b:surrender
  • Warfare - Sanctuary
    Warfare - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd be happy with anything, to be honest. But those dreamchaser packs or 50 event gold sure is nice. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    I'd be happy with anything, to be honest. But those dreamchaser packs or 50 event gold sure is nice. b:laugh

I like your signature.

@topic

Please do absence notes. We really need absence notes.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about giving away free sky cover/cloud stir b:dirty?

If the above is not possible, why not fix PQ 3?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    How about giving away free sky cover/cloud stir b:dirty?

If the above is not possible, why not fix PQ 3?

Meh, the servers had years to farm PQ3 for the crystal shards needed to make them. And in much the way people did everything, they decided it wasn't worth it until it was shoved into their face how wrong they were once again. Heck, I'd WC that I was soloing PQ3 just to get people for the first part since I could solo the boss at the end, no showers.

So once again, no sympathy for me for all the people too slow in realizing the obvious. Maybe next time, they should attempt to think ahead, instead of follow along.
  • jonjonz
    jonjonz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think your event idea, with the screen shots is too complicated and involves skills outside of the the game.
    Here is a simpler idea:

You could call it "Where is Sparky?"

You choose an in game world location and go there.

Give out a hint about where you can be found in world. WC or Horn etc.

The first, second, and third players to guess and get to that spot first, second third etc. get prizes.

Short time commitment, more a brainteaser/triva/map knowledge contest, to guess where the location is and then get there first.

You could rotate the event around the servers, so every one eventually gets a shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BabaORiley
    PW New Kid
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Give us the DQ system back already and random pigments.

Also, please only give out bound stuff, so we don't have one perosn redeeming codes on their 10 alts accounts ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Absence Notes would make a great weekly gift since there is currently no way to get them and missing one day in a month should not be stopping you from getting anything especially if you were on and forgot to click check in. Also stuff happens people have lives no reason to they should miss out.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Stuff that would be good as giveaways:

Random pigments.... since DQ system is apparently not happening.
    Absence notes are a good idea.
    Event gold is always good, and the Dreamchaser are nice sometimes. Keep that up.
    VIP Crown is nice for the charm too, but how about an MP charm sometimes or an autopot?
    Teleport stones (that stack with event gold ones and not some new kind), teleport bell.
    Weapon fashion.
    Tokens... maybe a small batch of 10-20.
    Pots like crab meats and herb yuanxiao.
    Those stealth pots we used to be able to get from the Mulberry's Heart daily! http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/39813

As for the event, it would be a difficult one to put together. I tried something similar as a faction event once and the problem is that once people post pictures, other people can see those pictures and get at least some correct answers from them, making their own guesses much easier. So if one guy had all but one correct, and some other guy saw his, he'd only have to figure out one answer and post his own. The only way it could work is if you had people submit them privately somehow and not just on a thread.

I'd personally rather see some random little events we've had in the past make a reappearance. Quiz Event, Auspicious Blessing event, that more recent one with the NPC in south arch that gave treasure map style things.... those ones were fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the update Sparkie,

Couple things - can you explain about you getting the authority to spawn bosses - sounds interesting
    - I would like to see the bosses from the last update - the phoenix that flew outside Plume was a good one. Sorry I cant remember its name. It was a good boss because it dropped stuff during the fight, not just at the end of it.

For freebies - something totally useful to everyone and not game breaking in any way - Teleport Bells and maybe even quest list extensions.

Also WTH are absence notes and what are they for, seems a lot of people going on about them?
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2014

[

The Auspicious Phoenix that spawned at random times over Archosuar, would be an awesome event to bring back!
  • trollerest
    trollerest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What about the DQ system? All you have given us is nothing more then 13 characters. Its been a year. Get on it.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Also WTH are absence notes and what are they for, seems a lot of people going on about them?

If you missed to check in a day, you can use it to still get full attendance. Would have been nice forexample last month were a lot ppl went on vacation etc and missed few days ;x
    This is a test
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'm a bit sad to still not see/hear about any "real" progress being made on the new DQ system.
    It was announced in October 2013 I think or November that we'd get a replacement system, it's now August 2014 and the best update we got thusfar was "we're trying to think of something", that means last year was nothing but a big lie saying they already work on it, and now nothing is really made done or prioritized to fix that huge error. New update is nice and all, but where are the broken promises?

Weekly Giveaways

These will keep going, so if you have any suggestions on what you would like to see next, let us know. We can't obviously give everything away, but we can still get some goodies out there.

As always, If anything new pops up I'll add it here.

- 50g eventgold never get's old
    - DC code is nice, but it's given out so often, no motivation to unpack them
    - Auto-potter (7-day one since it's part of weekly give-away? otherwise 3-day one)
    - Handful of Perf tokens of Luck (25 orso)
    - Absence Notes
    - Random pigments x12 (x3 was quite useless)
    - Primal Bloods x4 orso if it's an option, would greatly help with new update
    - 5* or 6* dragon orbs that are non-upgradable and only usable on bound equip
    - Bound Teleport Stones (so they stack up with current ones)

There are plenty of more ideas but this is just what I came up with for now.
  • MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide
    MYSTERIOUSN - Raging Tide Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    the bosses that dropped things after so many times of hitting it. like the one that was at plume and a few other areas. not sure the names but my husband and i called 'em "Boss Drops" lol now for the codes i agree with others that says demon/sage event card, the maiden-kissed chests helped a bit ummm maybe even MP charms for us magic users?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] TTFN! b:chuckle