Is there any guaranteed way to Obtain Rank9 Gear in under a year?

mechabeastmc666
mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
So, Lets say im just starting a new character, i've been on pwi a while, maybe 5 or 6 years to be exact. And i've never once tried to get R9 gear becasue i knew it'd be impossible, Despite all of the
"I got my gear though hard work and dedication -bunny ears- True stories"

But just to re-insure myself, i wanted to get some input from you people, I was wondering, Without spending One dime on the game, is there a way to get Rank 9 gear in under a year, Or somewhere close to that time-frame that isnt two-Three years?

So back to earlier, im starting a new character, maybe a blademaster. Now the rank 9 gear requires lvl 101 just to be able to use it. So lets focus on that first. im a new character, progressing though the game surviving off of nationwars, using it to buy crab meat a Gear in order to stay alive during the FC-squads, Because i dont have money to Buy any heads Or Bigrooms. But wait, Before i am able to do FC with a squad, I have to have Gear to keep me from Dieing in there right? it surely cant be NPC white-gear can it? OR can it? IF not then that means i have to take away from by R9 funds.

Which is 0 atm because like i said, Im trying to lvl and progress though the game just to get 101. (without spending a dime) So now i have to do a nation war which will very quickly earn me around 5m per run. I can surely use that to get me a tt80 set in order to keep me from Dieing in FC right? I Also guess i have no choice but to wear it until i reach lvl 101.....Okay, so lets assume i didn't Die from bordum already from doing over 10+ fc's a Day with squads. AND i started to progress though the game more. Im lvl 90 now. EXP is coming slower than it was at 80. OH! and i almost forgot to mention a very important variable, Hyper exp stones current cost. Which is 1.1m on our dreamweaver server, so Deduct that from the 5m i earn from nation wars every weak, and Deduct 650k from that for 100 crab-meat which will last around 3 FC's or 4 if i try and save, 100 crabmeat per 3 runs, and if i do 10 runs in a day... that leaves me with Roughly 1.9m every week to put towards my R9 funds. AFTER i get to 101 that is. saving that Money up each week AFTER im 100, if i did my math Right nearly 4 years would have past. But lets say i finally get to 100, it only took around 4-5 months, Including the little BH exp quest as well. Because i never bought a bigroom and never bought heads because i never had the money to because i was trying to save up for R9.

To get 101 would prolly take another week/5-6 days. so now i have 6-7 Months left. to work with because im now finally 101, the required lvl for the gear, Now i can stop Lvl'ing and save my money, and when i save, i mean really-SAVE. as in, going into NW with No crabmeats, God forbid a 11m+ charm. Now, despite being embarrassed, that would give me around 5m in my R9 Funds which has just started now. 5M every week and sense the BH100 guy doesnt Automatically Give u a coin-card, im not counting on him as a method to obtain the gear, But he can certainly help. Anyway, With the BH100,+ NW, i did the math and the cost of R9 is just too great. It wont be even Halfway enough. Is there any way i can obtain this gear in the timeframe of a year? Considering all reasonable suggestions, Dismissing all stupid ones like "Have your magically generated lvl 100 fully geared g15-g16 sin Clear FC for you or TT on double-drops" Also will take Yes and No's. Mainly because i know the answer already.
Post edited by mechabeastmc666 on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    It's very possible to get r9 gear in under a year of just farming, merching, and botting. Some people seem to not know how to make coin in the game and they will say it can't happen. I suggest you learn to run cube to 60 and start farming cogs. It's about 6m profit per day.

For charm etc, there are codes given for free plats, 50 event gold etc. So you really shouldn't be spending money there.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Assuming a brand new character with no knowledge of the server markets, sales rotations, and so on as well as no coin to invest and the like as well as that you just want base R9?

It's possible in under a year but very unlikely. Your calculations are flawed as is your timeframe, but even if those were corrected you'd still have problems. Especially with the mindset you seem to have going into things judging by the post you've made. Leveling itself will take time and expenses. As will gearing up to be able to farm decently if you aren't able to find friends/a faction you can rely on to run with and assist you with getting your gear.

You may either have alts that run Jolly Jones quests for easy coin or keep yourself parked at the last level you can get them at. Either way that's a free source of income. Also you'll want to learn the markets and trends to be able to start merchanting. It's going to be tough starting out but as long as you keep investing properly and are patient you will eventually get to a point where things get easier. Especially if you supplement your income from merching with farming.

Overall, you'd probably have to expect closer to two years if you don't invest a single penny and are starting from a brand new level 1 that doesn't know anyone and wind up unable to find any farming buddies or a helpful faction or so on and so forth. If you can wind up making connections with the right people, on the other hand, many many things will wind up coming easier and that can help majorly shorten the time spent. Also, your methodology is a bit silly as well. You don't need to look for TT80 gears when you can get free gears that are much better from 79, for example. Same with hunting down G16 gears when you know you're after R9 and could be putting the coin from that towards saving up for the R9 while covering the defense by working on nuema, cards, primal passives, and so on. Also, the class you use to farm plays a major factor. Even moreso than class, your skill with the class is also a large variable as the more skilled you present yourself to be, the more memorable you'll be and the more people will want you on their runs.

Of course, all of the above only applies to someone who's brand new. To a veteran who's played for a while, it's much more possible to get R9 in under a year. They'll be able to make greater initial investments, will have an established character, likely have friends and faction help, will know more avenues for coin generation, and so on and so forth. All of that gives them a very large advantage when it comes time to try and get R9 compared to a brand new player who has to learn everything from scratch and establish themselves.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    It's very possible to get r9 gear in under a year of just farming, merching, and botting. Some people seem to not know how to make coin in the game and they will say it can't happen. I suggest you learn to run cube to 60 and start farming cogs. It's about 6m profit per day.

For charm etc, there are codes given for free plats, 50 event gold etc. So you really shouldn't be spending money there.
    nO Disrespect or nothing, But i already know how you got your set. But lets say Such and such didnt Buy such and such his R9 gear, About the merchanting, It's just the problem i face with that is that our dreamweaver server is in short supply of Guys who will Pay at a moments notice, If i had to use merchanting as a way to get R9 gear combined with the other methods it would be around 2 years, That is Unless , Whenever i Buy an item, such as flyer/Mount, THere will always be a guy Ready at a moments notice to Pay me the face vaul or more than what i paid for it. and that's just not possible. The botting that would get me enough coins to make a addition to my R9 funds, Those kind of coins come from mobs in Moria, and If i can find a spot that isnt occupied by a stronger Already-g16 char, I would have to survive the mobs, and keep in mind i have tt80 gear while doing this. I'd Die in a few minutes tops. and dieing dont make me any coin Right? Also, i have 6 months left to work with after making it to 101.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    nO Disrespect or nothing, But i already know how you got your set. But lets say Such and such didnt Buy such and such his R9 gear, About the merchanting, It's just the problem i face with that is that our dreamweaver server is in short supply of Guys who will Pay at a moments notice, If i had to use merchanting as a way to get R9 gear combined with the other methods it would be around 2 years, That is Unless , Whenever i Buy an item, such as flyer/Mount, THere will always be a guy Ready at a moments notice to Pay me the face vaul or more than what i paid for it. and that's just not possible. The botting that would get me enough coins to make a addition to my R9 funds, Those kind of coins come from mobs in Moria, and If i can find a spot that isnt occupied by a stronger Already-g16 char, I would have to survive the mobs, and keep in mind i have tt80 gear while doing this. I'd Die in a few minutes tops. and dieing dont make me any coin Right? Also, i have 6 months left to work with after making it to 101.

Goonz did not buy my r9. I farmed it. LUAD yes goonz, but my r9 I farmed. I came back to the game in JAn with only half my r9 gear. Goonz didn't start playing again until 2 weeks ago. I farmed out the rest of my r9 and even went r9rr before he even returned.... So if you don't want my help, I can just keep it to myself.
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Assuming a brand new character with no knowledge of the server markets, sales rotations, and so on as well as no coin to invest and the like as well as that you just want base R9?

It's possible in under a year but very unlikely. Your calculations are flawed as is your timeframe, but even if those were corrected you'd still have problems. Especially with the mindset you seem to have going into things judging by the post you've made. Leveling itself will take time and expenses. As will gearing up to be able to farm decently if you aren't able to find friends/a faction you can rely on to run with and assist you with getting your gear.

You may either have alts that run Jolly Jones quests for easy coin or keep yourself parked at the last level you can get them at. Either way that's a free source of income. Also you'll want to learn the markets and trends to be able to start merchanting. It's going to be tough starting out but as long as you keep investing properly and are patient you will eventually get to a point where things get easier. Especially if you supplement your income from merching with farming.

Overall, you'd probably have to expect closer to two years if you don't invest a single penny and are starting from a brand new level 1 that doesn't know anyone and wind up unable to find any farming buddies or a helpful faction or so on and so forth. If you can wind up making connections with the right people, on the other hand, many many things will wind up coming easier and that can help majorly shorten the time spent. Also, your methodology is a bit silly as well. You don't need to look for TT80 gears when you can get free gears that are much better from 79, for example. Same with hunting down G16 gears when you know you're after R9 and could be putting the coin from that towards saving up for the R9 while covering the defense by working on nuema, cards, primal passives, and so on. Also, the class you use to farm plays a major factor. Even moreso than class, your skill with the class is also a large variable as the more skilled you present yourself to be, the more memorable you'll be and the more people will want you on their runs.

Of course, all of the above only applies to someone who's brand new. To a veteran who's played for a while, it's much more possible to get R9 in under a year. They'll be able to make greater initial investments, will have an established character, likely have friends and faction help, will know more avenues for coin generation, and so on and so forth. All of that gives them a very large advantage when it comes time to try and get R9 compared to a brand new player who has to learn everything from scratch and establish themselves.
    How are my measurements flawed? How long do you think it will take for someone with no money to get from 1 to 101? i ask purely informational. And also, By Jolly alts, You mean alt? You can only have One per account, and also that jolly alt doesnt exactly Start off at lvl 71, I have to dip into my R9 funds Which is 0 to Lvl him up as well, All while still trying to lvl up my metaphorical blademaster to 101. Without spending a dime. Keep my blademaster Parked at lvl 71-80 Until i have enough coin for Rank 9?No offence, but Is that some kind of funny joke? Without the TT80 Gear, am i suppose to wear the lvl 40 dreamchaser gear to the BH79 to get the Gear that has a really bad rate of dropping. Also, Friends arent just magically generated. It's also No factions that will just Hand me the money for the gear, Or do TTs solo and just give me whatever they find.
  • maldryx
    maldryx Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    About the merchanting, It's just the problem i face with that is that our dreamweaver server is in short supply of Guys who will Pay at a moments notice, If i had to use merchanting as a way to get R9 gear combined with the other methods it would be around 2 years, That is Unless , Whenever i Buy an item, such as flyer/Mount, THere will always be a guy Ready at a moments notice to Pay me the face vaul or more than what i paid for it. and that's just not possible.

Merching isnt just about buying some odd item and reselling it for a profit... it's something that requires you to know what's in demand on your server, what's gaining popularity (increasing in price), what's falling out of fashion (losing price), and whether you can get a hold of these items for a price that will net you a profit. It's much like the stock market... you buy low and sell high.
    The botting that would get me enough coins to make a addition to my R9 funds, Those kind of coins come from mobs in Moria, and If i can find a spot that isnt occupied by a stronger Already-g16 char, I would have to survive the mobs, and keep in mind i have tt80 gear while doing this. I'd Die in a few minutes tops. and dieing dont make me any coin Right? Also, i have 6 months left to work with after making it to 101.

It's true that botting in Morai or Primal nets a higher reward, but you can bot just about anywhere and make plenty of coin. Personally, I bot in Momagnon (hell) and I generally turn about 5 mil per night.

And, I mean no sarcasm or disrespect, but you say you've been here for 5-6 years and you are in TT80 gear?
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You can get about 35 mils a week from doing BHs, Flowsilver Palace, NW and events.

If you create some 71-80 char on both accounts you may have, you can make another 10 mils a week by doing all Jollies, or 8 mils if you skip killing quests.

This would be about 40-45 mils weekly income. In 6 months it would be around 1 billion. But this ish just before counting in expenses(you obviously want crabs, p. stones, repairs and stuff, rite?).

Then let's start counting how much R9 itself costs(assuming 3,5mils/Gold, it's a bit more on RT at least)

-210 mils for rep

-665 mils 19 MoGs

-1794 mils for 205 GSTs

=2669 mil for plain full r9 set.

So by doing your dailies, every NW(assuming you get 5 mils for every NW) and events(Jungle Ruins, Tigers...), you can farm rank 9 in 1,5 years. And on top of this you, of course, need to farm raps and uncannies for 9 Summerwind Tokens(300 raps and 1200 uncannies or about 25 mils per SWT, 225 mils worth total) for R9r and molds, badges and EoDs for R9rr.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    maldryx wrote: »
    Merching isnt just about buying some odd item and reselling it for a profit... it's something that requires you to know what's in demand on your server, what's gaining popularity (increasing in price), what's falling out of fashion (losing price), and whether you can get a hold of these items for a price that will net you a profit. It's much like the stock market... you buy low and sell high.

It's true that botting in Morai or Primal nets a higher reward, but you can bot just about anywhere and make plenty of coin. Personally, I bot in Momagnon (hell) and I generally turn about 5 mil per night.

And, I mean no sarcasm or disrespect, but you say you've been here for 5-6 years and you are in TT80 gear?
    The tt80 and the Bm is metaphorical i said. And also even if i had been here 5-6 years, Rank 9 doesnt come in like a customer appreciation email.

But about the merchanting, I was really hoping someone would address that. I see the point, But consider this. Whatever is Gaining popularity Isnt typically going to be sold at a Low price is it? And the things that are Loseing Popularity would be Harder to sell Right? I Could see this working over time, But to gain R9 type of money in under a year, i just dont see this as an realistic option. Unless i merchant SoT's or emperor tomes, that is lol
    You can get about 35 mils a week from doing BHs, Flowsilver Palace, NW and events.

If you create some 71-80 char on both accounts you may have, you can make another 10 mils a week by doing all Jollies, or 8 mils if you skip killing quests.

This would be about 40-45 mils weekly income. In 6 months it would be around 1 billion. But this ish just before counting in expenses(you obviously want crabs, p. stones, repairs and stuff, rite?).

Then let's start counting how much R9 itself costs(assuming 3,5mils/Gold, it's a bit more on RT at least)

-210 mils for rep

-665 mils 19 MoGs

-1794 mils for 205 GSTs

=2669 mil for plain full r9 set.

So by doing your dailies, every NW(assuming you get 5 mils for every NW) and events(Jungle Ruins, Tigers...), you can farm rank 9 in 1,5 years. And on top of this you, of course, need to farm raps and uncannies for 9 Summerwind Tokens(300 raps and 1200 uncannies or about 25 mils per SWT, 225 mils worth total) for R9r and molds, badges and EoDs for R9rr.
    come on now, read. im not Rebirth and i spent every dime i've earned from NW to Lvl up my metaphorical blademaster to the requirements of R9, Which is 101. i also cant create some lvl 71-80 char, i have to create a lvl 1 char and use Money to Lvl him up to 71-80. and after i magically find the Money to lvl my Two Other Characters aside from my bm, I can still only have 2 chars, and the grinding stone isnt alway's ganrenteed. so i gotta reduce that number by a ton, and Increase the timespand, therefore i have no R9 to talk about Rerolling with.

About the Jungle Ruin, What exactly is that about, and can it contrubitue to my R9 set?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    The tt80 and the Bm is metaphorical i said. And also even if i had been here 5-6 years, Rank 9 doesnt come in like a customer appreciation email.

But about the merchanting, I was really hoping someone would address that. I see the point, But consider this. Whatever is Gaining popularity Isnt typically going to be sold at a Low price is it? And the things that are Loseing Popularity would be Harder to sell Right? I Could see this working over time, But to gain R9 type of money in under a year, i just dont see this as an realistic option. Unless i merchant SoT's or emperor tomes, that is lol

MOGs used to be in the DQ rewards... b:laugh guess you missed out on that.
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    MOGs used to be in the DQ rewards... b:laugh guess you missed out on that.
    So now im going to need a Time machine to get the R9 set. i said if i started a Blademaster right now, if there was any way i could get it. It's not looking pretty, i might need to increase it to Two years.
  • Gingerpubes - Morai
    Gingerpubes - Morai Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I r sed
    I r wanting op gur now
    qq

Do what everyone else does and find ways to make money.
    Yes It's a pain in the bum.
    Yes it is COMPLETELY stupid to be treating a game like a job so you can enjoy it in a years time.
    Welcome to PWI.
    Why hasn't this kid had the **** trolled out of him yet?
  • maldryx
    edited August 2014

Yeah we all wish, right? b:laugh
    But about the merchanting, I was really hoping someone would address that. I see the point, But consider this. Whatever is Gaining popularity Isnt typically going to be sold at a Low price is it?

This is where keeping an eye on the market gives you the opportunity to "buy-in" to these items before they get to a price that wont net you much profit (or none at all). When you start to see items rising in price, and it's an item that you can expect to gain value, that is a definite que to buy. It really does take a lot of time researching, though, and in PWI there are a lot of items to keep track of.
    One suggestion I give to friends/guildies that want to start Merching (and don't have a lot of funds available) is to buy items like Rep badges or myst chip boxes during sales when the prices come down low. Then, when the sale is over and prices go back up, sell the items for the mark-up price.
    And the things that are Loseing Popularity would be Harder to sell Right?

This really depends on what it is. If PWI has a rep sale, naturally all rep badges in the game will start to come down in price to reflect that sale, BUT, they will go back up after the sale. Other items (non-boutique items) are much harder to predict. You might get away with selling a GBA for 500k today, but tomorrow there might be 20 in the AH for 200k ea.
    I Could see this working over time, But to gain R9 type of money in under a year, i just dont see this as an realistic option. Unless i merchant SoT's or emperor tomes, that is lol

I understand where you're coming from on this. If you don't have much coin to invest, it's very hard to move into merching. Starting out with a small amount of coins can net you some small profits, but they wont be great until you have greater funds to invest. Greater investments = greater rewards. Sadly this is how it is, and it takes time to build up to being able to merchant items that net higher rewards.

Back to your original question though... hypothetically, getting R9 in under a year with a brand new toon, with no previous PWI experience... I would say it's difficult but not impossible. As others have said, there are a lot of ways to make coin here.
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    I r sed
    I r wanting op gur now
    qq

Do what everyone else does and find ways to make money.
    Yes It's a pain in the bum.
    Yes it is COMPLETELY stupid to be treating a game like a job so you can enjoy it in a years time.
    Welcome to PWI.
    Why hasn't this kid had the **** trolled out of him yet?
    Saw the stars in the msg and read the last line, Pathetic comments with insults wont even receive a full Reading.
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    How are my measurements flawed?
    Excess times and expenses. Granted, this is based on the assumption you've been diving through the forums enough to know about various avenues that give more ease when it comes to both leveling and making coin. If you haven't, then your excesses to someone who knows seem more reasonable to you.
    How long do you think it will take for someone with no money to get from 1 to 101? i ask purely informational.
    As I said, for a brand new person with no information, contacts, and so on it'd be closer to 2 years assuming they never make any social connections or the like. With smart merching, a helpful faction, and eventually befriending people you can farm consistently with, among other things, the time needed will be cut down substantially.
    And also, By Jolly alts, You mean alt? You can only have One per account, and also that jolly alt doesnt exactly Start off at lvl 71, I have to dip into my R9 funds Which is 0 to Lvl him up as well, All while still trying to lvl up my metaphorical blademaster to 101. Without spending a dime.
    You can have one character in every jolly jones range on two accounts and make free coin simply doing the ones that are easy/quick or even just from picking up the orders. And you don't need to dip into any funds to deal with this. Dreamchaser codes take care of their equipment needs til at least level 70 when it comes to armor, assuming you don't find better from the instances you'd do for BHs. Plus with the revamped quests, getting to that point is absurdly easy. 1-30 can be done in a few hours even for someone that's taking it slow and newbies have enough free things thrown at them that they don't have to worry about major coin spending until level 61 at the earliest. On top of that, there's things like the weekly PvP tournament that's a practical ghost town that offers free EXP below the level 80 bracket. And I'm not even going into major detail here. There's plenty of other ways and things that can be done.
    Keep my blademaster Parked at lvl 71-80 Until i have enough coin for Rank 9?No offence, but Is that some kind of funny joke?
    That's ridiculous and I don't know how you managed to get something that absurd out of it. If you were to park the BM at that level range for the daily quests, it's to get a quick and easy source of income temporarily until you had a decent enough chunk to use as an initial investment for merching/gear/etc as coin generation would become harder from the 80s until you got to 100 and had access to BH100. Thus, pausing at 79 for a time to create a nest egg that can either fuel merching or keep you tided over prior to you hitting 100.
    Without the TT80 Gear, am i suppose to wear the lvl 40 dreamchaser gear to the BH79 to get the Gear that has a really bad rate of dropping.
    Bad rate of dropping? Since when? Those gears drop like candy from the bosses. And you're being ridiculous once again. Consider that the level 40 dreamchaser armor has base defense/resists on par with 3* level 60 armors. This means anything a level 60 can survive prior to dreamchaser packs, you can survive in the level 40 dreamchaser armors when you hit 60 as well. What happens in the 60s? BH51with the occasional Zimo... aka where you can get the level 60s equivilant of dreamchaser gears. Rinse and repeat when you have BH69 and 79. And this is ignoring armors/weapons gained from quest rewards and the like. Not to mention things like this. Making a blind investment without doing your research and a little critical thinking is obviously going to lead to you taking longer to do things than otherwise.
    Also, Friends arent just magically generated. It's also No factions that will just Hand me the money for the gear, Or do TTs solo and just give me whatever they find.
    It's a MMO and you're still being absurd. Making friends or at least BH/quest/etc acquaintances is not hard if you're a polite and nice person. Seriously, I recently picked up one of my level 20 alts and just went out questing. Within a week I not only was in a faction that was actually rather newbie friendly, but also had people on my friend list near my level to quest and run instances with. People aren't difficult to find as long as you're polite and kind without demanding things all the time.

Plus, who said anything about them giving you coin and TT mats. That's kinda ridiculous to demand it and if you do then no wonder you'd get shunned. You politely ask for help with farming your stuff. With some factions, they may very well farm all your lowbie stuff for you (the faction my alt got in is one of those where I've seen them farm things like TT80 for members that needed it) and if they aren't doing it all for you then at least you can ask to join in when they ARE farming things or ask in fac chat about doing various instances that make coin and the like. It's way easier to get, say, a full warsong squad for coin going when you're in an active faction than it is when you don't know anyone, have no reputation, and have to spam teles just to get people involved.
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    maldryx wrote: »
    Yeah we all wish, right? b:laugh

This is where keeping an eye on the market gives you the opportunity to "buy-in" to these items before they get to a price that wont net you much profit (or none at all). When you start to see items rising in price, and it's an item that you can expect to gain value, that is a definite que to buy. It really does take a lot of time researching, though, and in PWI there are a lot of items to keep track of.
    One suggestion I give to friends/guildies that want to start Merching (and don't have a lot of funds available) is to buy items like Rep badges or myst chip boxes during sales when the prices come down low. Then, when the sale is over and prices go back up, sell the items for the mark-up price.

This really depends on what it is. If PWI has a rep sale, naturally all rep badges in the game will start to come down in price to reflect that sale, BUT, they will go back up after the sale. Other items (non-boutique items) are much harder to predict. You might get away with selling a GBA for 500k today, but tomorrow there might be 20 in the AH for 200k ea.

I understand where you're coming from on this. If you don't have much coin to invest, it's very hard to move into merching. Starting out with a small amount of coins can net you some small profits, but they wont be great until you have greater funds to invest. Greater investments = greater rewards. Sadly this is how it is, and it takes time to build up to being able to merchant items that net higher rewards.

Back to your original question though... hypothetically, getting R9 in under a year with a brand new toon, with no previous PWI experience... I would say it's difficult but not impossible. As others have said, there are a lot of ways to make coin here.
    You're a good example of who i need to be chatting with, But consider this, Lets say i invest in a item that was popular today, But it losses it's value by the time i get a buyer,(Because surely their isnt a Buyer already Lined up ready to buy my new item for More money than i Just paid for it), Which i think is very possible. It's what i would like to call a variable, or road block. The rep badges are a good example, Because even if they lose value, They will surely gain it back in enough time. It's just a personal problem with me doing that though, i've learned over my years to never underestimate the stupidity of the online-player base. But will they Really Buy the badges overpriced now when a rank sale goes on nearly every week, Undoubtedly every month? Im also curious about the Pack-merchandising idea, why would people buy packs from me, When they can get it cheaper though the AH, Have i been giving these players too much credit? Will they actually Buy from me?
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You're a good example of who i need to be chatting with, But consider this, Lets say i invest in a item that was popular today, But it losses it's value by the time i get a buyer,(Because surely their isnt a Buyer already Lined up ready to buy my new item for More money than i Just paid for it), Which i think is very possible. It's what i would like to call a variable, or road block. The rep badges are a good example, Because even if they lose value, They will surely gain it back in enough time. It's just a personal problem with me doing that though, i've learned over my years to never underestimate the stupidity of the online-player base. But will they Really Buy the badges overpriced now when a rank sale goes on nearly every week, Undoubtedly every month? Im also curious about the Pack-merchandising idea, why would people buy packs from me, When they can get it cheaper though the AH, Have i been giving these players too much credit? Will they actually Buy from me?

Surprising enough, some people do actually buy from catshops instead of through boutique besides they could get it cheaper there..
    Packs are cheapest per pack when you buying the 100 pack bundle, however not all can afford 100 per time, so some are selling packs cheaper than boutique when you compare it to 1 or 20 pack bundle from boutique while still making profit cause they bought the 100 bundle... Gold also seems to be harder to get now, so I wouldnt be surprised if more people start buy off catshops more often now even if the prices are higher.
    This is a test
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014

... Yep!

Never underestimate stupidity.

Prior to the primal updates, I stuck a sage puncture wound book (at the time worth only about 200k) in the AH for 25m thinking I'd just leave it in my mailbox for the time being as there's no way anyone would buy it for that high a price. Then I checked my mail the next day to find... someone bought it. For what was over 100 times the value.

All those shops that you see selling tokens of luck and items you can make via the tokens? The items that are made via tokens are being sold for more than the cost of if you bought the tokens from them and made it yourself... but people pay the extra coin for the convenience of the finished product.

Catshops selling shards by crazy stone NPCs? Again, more expensive than if you bought the shabby shards from a NPC and combined them yourself... yet they still profit because people don't want to take the time to combine their shards.

All those packs, d-orbs, and so on being sold? All of them are more expensive than if you bought the gold while the item was on sale and bought it yourself (this is how merchants make profits). Yet people still pay for the convenience or because they can't buy in bulk and also take advantage of the sales.

I can go on all day but the fact of the matter is many people don't know, don't care, or are fully aware but will pay for the convenience of not having to do it themselves anyway.
  • maldryx
    edited August 2014
    You're a good example of who i need to be chatting with, But consider this, Lets say i invest in a item that was popular today, But it losses it's value by the time i get a buyer,(Because surely their isnt a Buyer already Lined up ready to buy my new item for More money than i Just paid for it), Which i think is very possible. It's what i would like to call a variable, or road block. The rep badges are a good example, Because even if they lose value, They will surely gain it back in enough time. It's just a personal problem with me doing that though, i've learned over my years to never underestimate the stupidity of the online-player base.

The reason I advise friends/guildies on the rep badges and mysterious chips is because those are items that are always in demand. You can see this reflected in world chat, "WTB GST X mil each", multiple times/day. The issue I think you are coming up with is competition when it comes to selling. The trick to this is not to under-price your items to the point where you won't bring in a profit... even if that means someone else has a lower price than you. Let them sell out and take the negative profit, or hold off on selling until prices move a little higher.
    This is one reason it's so hard to merch properly without much initial coins to spare. If you had a fair amount of coins, you can invest into multiple items, keeping your profits flowing smoothly. More items/more variety = more possibility for sales, simply put.
    But will they Really Buy the badges overpriced now when a rank sale goes on nearly every week, Undoubtedly every month? Im also curious about the Pack-merchandising idea, why would people buy packs from me, When they can get it cheaper though the AH, Have i been giving these players too much credit? Will they actually Buy from me?

You would be surprised how often you can actually sell items in your kitty shop for a price that's higher than the current gold price, and be 100% successful. It really is dumbfounding. I.e. if gold is at 3.2 mil, and Tiger Packs are on sale for 50 silver, this would mean that they are technically worth 1.6 mil each, but you would be surprised how many people will pay 1.7 ~ 2.0 mil each for one. Call it laziness... they just want to use coins to get the tiger packs instead of buying gold... or call it a lack of attention to the gold price. Again, though, there is competition (other kitty shops) that will prevent you from making sales if your prices are too high.
  • TPstar - Sanctuary
    TPstar - Sanctuary Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think you should look at this plan in a different prospective. Let's assume the $8 post stays true one year from now, you will need 2,669 mil to make plain rank 9 (let's call it 3 billion just for inflation and such). Your goal should be "how to make 3 billion in 1 year". Let's break it down a little bit, it is about 250 mil a month (3bil/12), roughly 8.3 mil a day (250mil/30).

Instead of looking at "how to get full rank 9", you will be looking at "how do I earn 8.3 mil a day, and earn it everyday". There are a lot of method to earn 8.3 mil a day like other posts above. If you like any of those plans, follow it and master it. Your original post has been focusing on how to get to 101 vs how to earn $ for rank 9.

And now I will explain how to get to 101. Since you been playing this game for about 5 to 6 years, I think your original toon should at least be level 100? Hopefully multiple level 100 toons as well. If you are able to bot 24/7. You should earn about 5 mil a day on a level 100 toon. If you don't mind leaving your computer on 24/7 that is. This is a good method, since you can just have your "new" BM in a squad and flying above your level 100 toon and I am sure it will be level 101 just from leeching exp. You don't need to buy hyper/gears and any of that. (secret of earning money is "saving" money)

There is still a gap between 5 mil to 8.3 mil a day. This is where you have to jump in and starting to play. You need to figure out what you are willing to do to fill up that 3 mil a day. Advance cube, FSP are some of the things you can do to make 3 mil a day for about 1 hour spent on my server. If you can go faster than an hour, grats, that's what you should be doing.
  • PlayMyWand - Sanctuary
    PlayMyWand - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fastest way to get R9.3:

1) Limit your playing time to 2h max on weekdays, max 4h on weekend days. Spend half time focussed on leveling and farming molds+badges in WS/Lunar, other half on whatever you like to do (suggesting morai skills and such).
    2) Spend the rest of the time you would have spend on PWI on a job/work. Try washing cars or the local pub depending on age.
    2 bis) If you have no "would have spend time on PWI", this is just not the game for you to aim for top gear. Either lower standards or try something else.
    3) Put half the money aside for non-PWI use, put half the money in PWI for your R9.
    4) Depending on your skill and time, you will have a character between 101 with R9.3 +8 with lvl10 shards and 105 with +12 JoSD.

Pros of this way:
    - It's fast.
    - It's healthy and you keep something outside game from it.
    - It doesn't leave you disgusted by spamming instances, or game itself.
    - You won't contribute to messing up the economy even more.

Cons of this way:
    - You won't look as cool as a "yo I'm f2p yo"
    - On forums and ingame you might be qualified as crazy for spending real money.
    - You will support the hated company PWE which we all play game(s) from.

Or in short: It's highly inefficient and unhealthy to turn this game into your job. Keep in mind that next to r9.3 you need refines, all the skills (morai, primal, sage/demon) and shards because without that you're just as naked as with NPC gear. It was different back in the old days, it is still a bit different when players have something to start with, but for a totally new level 1 it's just madness to go for r9 on a f2p route. The "gold/hour rate" of real life work is at least tripple of what you can do ingame.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    All those people who know me, know i am a clean merchant b:dirty.

I will tell you my story, since our start is similar, but somewhere along the line i played the game like i play any game, and you played it your style.

I quested until lvl 55. I learnt my character, skills, different weapon use etc in that time. I did not party with people, i did not use buffs, i used armour that i created myself with no idea of what things are. An example, i was killing lvl 15 mobs with my lvl 0 bamboo sword, that is how noob i was.

Naturally i read up on things and there is numerous information sources for pwi which are excellent.

I started lvling with bh quests to 85, before i started fcc.

While i was doing the above, i was also merchanting. I started my merchanting business by borrowing 100k from a friend. It didn't take long to get my business going. Later on i diversified, i asked the same friend for a hp charm. Did the same with hp charms.

The above happened around 2011, gold price was 1m~1.6m range. At that time i spent about 500m (2m a rap) to make my g15 claws. I was still able to merchant and get other gear.

When i decided to get r9, i knew how pwi things worked. I still don't know why they work, but they do. It took me 11 months to get r9 3rd cast with 300m initial investment. First 3 months = 300m became 900m. Next 4 months = 1.8b. Next 4 months = 3b coins. When i hit the 3b mark, i got r9 when the sale came around.

You can do the above much quicker by either a bigger base, or faster turnover.

As for what you can merchant, there is no fixed thing to buy and sell, each one has their own style of doing things.

Btw, proof read your first post, lots of mistakes in meaning. Re insure not = reassure for example.

If anyone says i am a dirty merchant, i want picture proof b:cute
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    Excess times and expenses. Granted, this is based on the assumption you've been diving through the forums enough to know about various avenues that give more ease when it comes to both leveling and making coin. If you haven't, then your excesses to someone who knows seem more reasonable to you.

As I said, for a brand new person with no information, contacts, and so on it'd be closer to 2 years assuming they never make any social connections or the like. With smart merching, a helpful faction, and eventually befriending people you can farm consistently with, among other things, the time needed will be cut down substantially.

You can have one character in every jolly jones range on two accounts and make free coin simply doing the ones that are easy/quick or even just from picking up the orders. And you don't need to dip into any funds to deal with this. Dreamchaser codes take care of their equipment needs til at least level 70 when it comes to armor, assuming you don't find better from the instances you'd do for BHs. Plus with the revamped quests, getting to that point is absurdly easy. 1-30 can be done in a few hours even for someone that's taking it slow and newbies have enough free things thrown at them that they don't have to worry about major coin spending until level 61 at the earliest. On top of that, there's things like the weekly PvP tournament that's a practical ghost town that offers free EXP below the level 80 bracket. And I'm not even going into major detail here. There's plenty of other ways and things that can be done.

That's ridiculous and I don't know how you managed to get something that absurd out of it. If you were to park the BM at that level range for the daily quests, it's to get a quick and easy source of income temporarily until you had a decent enough chunk to use as an initial investment for merching/gear/etc as coin generation would become harder from the 80s until you got to 100 and had access to BH100. Thus, pausing at 79 for a time to create a nest egg that can either fuel merching or keep you tided over prior to you hitting 100.

Bad rate of dropping? Since when? Those gears drop like candy from the bosses. And you're being ridiculous once again. Consider that the level 40 dreamchaser armor has base defense/resists on par with 3* level 60 armors. This means anything a level 60 can survive prior to dreamchaser packs, you can survive in the level 40 dreamchaser armors when you hit 60 as well. What happens in the 60s? BH51with the occasional Zimo... aka where you can get the level 60s equivilant of dreamchaser gears. Rinse and repeat when you have BH69 and 79. And this is ignoring armors/weapons gained from quest rewards and the like. Not to mention things like this. Making a blind investment without doing your research and a little critical thinking is obviously going to lead to you taking longer to do things than otherwise.

It's a MMO and you're still being absurd. Making friends or at least BH/quest/etc acquaintances is not hard if you're a polite and nice person. Seriously, I recently picked up one of my level 20 alts and just went out questing. Within a week I not only was in a faction that was actually rather newbie friendly, but also had people on my friend list near my level to quest and run instances with. People aren't difficult to find as long as you're polite and kind without demanding things all the time.

Plus, who said anything about them giving you coin and TT mats. That's kinda ridiculous to demand it and if you do then no wonder you'd get shunned. You politely ask for help with farming your stuff. With some factions, they may very well farm all your lowbie stuff for you (the faction my alt got in is one of those where I've seen them farm things like TT80 for members that needed it) and if they aren't doing it all for you then at least you can ask to join in when they ARE farming things or ask in fac chat about doing various instances that make coin and the like. It's way easier to get, say, a full warsong squad for coin going when you're in an active faction than it is when you don't know anyone, have no reputation, and have to spam teles just to get people involved.
    i dont understand, you just say, "getting from lvl 1-30 in a few hours is easy" As if that's all there is to it. Like it's a absolute fact. If you do Nothing but quest, Let's say the quest that are available in your range, For 1-30 it will take much longer than a few hours to get to 30, People think just because it's a low lvl that it's Easy to get with no effort. It's not that easy. You're just trying to dress it up as that easy to contradict my time-frames. Wouldnt it be easy to say "Hey instead of 5-6 months to get from lvl 1 to 101" It will only take you a month!" It's sad because it's become one of those things where it's perceived as being so easy the next guy just say "Oh yeah hey i can do that no prob" Without even thinking about it. I know for a fact that if People had to put their Life on the Line for everything they "thought" they could do, You'd see alot less of those guys saying "oh hey i can do that no prob" lol

Well the thing is, I dont think my measurements are flawed, or greatly flawed, Lvling up with 0 coins isnt Easy. And i used the dreamchaser gear as a name, because i couldn't think of the lvl 40 names, which is Royal, But anyway, That pack isnt handed Out with every newly built character. Lets say i had No gear at all. All though, If i think about it, it shouldn't Come to that, The bh79 you suggested, If i had a squad full of gear'ed up people i think its very possible to do in White-npc lvl 70 or so gear as long as nothing touches me and i have them do all the work, But possible none the less, I havent thought about it. So i agree with most of that. Also, I've never heard of the pvp-easy-exp thing before, But in your opinion, Do you think it's enough to get from....maybe 60-80? or whenver you can enter? If so, That cuts a lot of time off of the One year spand, and i can start saving up quicker. Assuming the exp reward isnt garbage, like 100k, i mean it's got to be a reason why it's a ghost town Right?

The jolly jones, Its a much better way of looking at it. Instead of parking him there to earn r9 coin, I do it to earn enough to Start a merchandising career, But the thing is, It's not like that time is standing still. That adds onto the the year. I think you say my measurements are flawed because your just leaving out vital time as if it doesnt even exist. With one bm, thats 71-80, im suppose to wait weeks to earn enough coin to last me to 80-100, Or enough to start my merchandising? Or lets say i had two chars, The time spent Lvling that character to 71 is just thrown out the window as if it doesnt even exist, So ADD that time spent lvling Both chars and then I can start to do Jolly jones after that. Im not saying it's not a good idea, im saying that it's not like time is going to stand still, im working in a year time frame here.This Adds Time onto that frame.

And yes, The lvl 80 gear in BH79 does have a bad rate of dropping. I've did 5 runs in a row with a squad at lvl 90's, and no gear drops, and whatever did Drop was arcane, Which is something i'd like to call a variable. Which equals No gear drops for my metaphorical lv80 bm, AT least not as Quickly as you claim it will be. It's not me that's being ridiculous. You think this stuff just Happens because you want it to. It's a child's way of thinking, You dont consider outcomes and possible variables that will Prevent you from reaching the goal. Which is gear in this case.

Those rewards from the Lvl-up stash Dont last from lvl 55-80, oR God forbid 101, They give us the charm when it wont be needed. And lets say i did have the charms and saved them for lvl 80 or 101, that would mean i could save on my R9 fund and not have to buy crabmeats, However, Thats a one time thing because after One NW, It's Gone. I Didnt bring the quest rewards up because i didnt think they'd be relevant. Im not blind to them. You're just being passive aggressive.

You think Friends are magically generated and Easy to gain, And im the absurd one? What is it opposite day?
    I see, You're talking about the friends that add you on their list. I was referring to the Ones that would Help you to obtain your Rank9 gear. Which is the only reason friends would be relevant in the subject. Those friends are not easy to come by, and Neither are those factions, But judging by your way of thinking that everything is Easy and lvling up to 101 is Easy, or your twisted <--imo) Way of how Lvling Up is done in general, it's only natural that you'd think making friends who will love you enough to help you obtain your R9 gear is Easy. If friends dont help you obtain the R9 gear in any way shape or Form, then what relevance are they in this particular subject. Regardless, However you feel about my mental state or reasoning, Know the feelings 100% mutual.
    Surprising enough, some people do actually buy from catshops instead of through boutique besides they could get it cheaper there..
    Packs are cheapest per pack when you buying the 100 pack bundle, however not all can afford 100 per time, so some are selling packs cheaper than boutique when you compare it to 1 or 20 pack bundle from boutique while still making profit cause they bought the 100 bundle... Gold also seems to be harder to get now, so I wouldnt be surprised if more people start buy off catshops more often now even if the prices are higher.
    Thats completely true, gold is much harder to get now, Lets say i started out with 100 packs, i think that would be a decent start off to merchandising Assuming people buy them. I never thought of it like that, Lets say some dude wanted to test his luck in one single pack, I never considered this as an option, Because like i said i give the servers too much credit. But it actually could happen, and then he buys another pack, and all i need is 100 of that guy or guys like him, But the thing is. With any merchandising way, It's always been about how long the items sit. If i can sell out 100 packs Per week, I would defiantly consider that a option. But i wont know until i try, and if it fails, That's all of my R9 funds down the drain right there. And it's a very good chance it could fail, it's not like people are just Lineing up to buy from My shop.
  • mxa
    mxa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Reading all of your posts, no way for you personally to reach r9 within 1 year.

Heres why : you have a self defeating attitude.
    If you plan to reach a goal thats 1 year away, and you start with all that pessimism and nay saying, there would be no way for you to ever reach it.

1 year is a freaking long time, which needs motivation..if you're already this negative about it, you're motivation wont last long enough to even reach half way there.
  • nevitys
    nevitys Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ''So by doing your dailies, every NW(assuming you get 5 mils for every NW) and events(Jungle Ruins, Tigers...), you can farm rank 9 in 1,5 years.''

Wow, i didnt know this game is that ''hardcore'' MMORPG :)
    I started playing Perfect World few days ago as Seeker and kinda awesome if some gears worth so much! I am not maybe never getting rank 9 gear, but maybe some day.... :D

- Nevitys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    I think you should look at this plan in a different prospective. Let's assume the $8 post stays true one year from now, you will need 2,669 mil to make plain rank 9 (let's call it 3 billion just for inflation and such). Your goal should be "how to make 3 billion in 1 year". Let's break it down a little bit, it is about 250 mil a month (3bil/12), roughly 8.3 mil a day (250mil/30).

Instead of looking at "how to get full rank 9", you will be looking at "how do I earn 8.3 mil a day, and earn it everyday". There are a lot of method to earn 8.3 mil a day like other posts above. If you like any of those plans, follow it and master it. Your original post has been focusing on how to get to 101 vs how to earn $ for rank 9.

And now I will explain how to get to 101. Since you been playing this game for about 5 to 6 years, I think your original toon should at least be level 100? Hopefully multiple level 100 toons as well. If you are able to bot 24/7. You should earn about 5 mil a day on a level 100 toon. If you don't mind leaving your computer on 24/7 that is. This is a good method, since you can just have your "new" BM in a squad and flying above your level 100 toon and I am sure it will be level 101 just from leeching exp. You don't need to buy hyper/gears and any of that. (secret of earning money is "saving" money)

There is still a gap between 5 mil to 8.3 mil a day. This is where you have to jump in and starting to play. You need to figure out what you are willing to do to fill up that 3 mil a day. Advance cube, FSP are some of the things you can do to make 3 mil a day for about 1 hour spent on my server. If you can go faster than an hour, grats, that's what you should be doing.
    I dont understand where these imaginary ways to make money are coming from, I already explained the Failures of Merchandising or the Problems or variables that would Make it so that i cant earn R9 in a year, well really 6-7 months sense i had to have time Lvling my metaphorical Bm from 1-101. Which wasnt cheap and easy. My metaphorical Bm makes around 5-7m Per week,(From NW and BH that is) Forget 8.3m a day! LOL.

Also, For me to Bot and earn the magical 5m per night, I'd need some pretty decent mobs. 95+ Maybe? How can i kill those 95+ mobs in NPC-white-gear, Or tt80, Or monster drop gear and not Die within the first 5 mins? Or did you just assume i'd have full g16 when i botted for the 5m per night. However, The mobs around hidden orchid are more easy to kill even if i have low lvl gear, (which my metaphorical bm does) But they net me 300k per night, including the purified oils they drop that i can Sometimes sell to a catshop by the blacksmith in west. Now, Keep in mind im asking if theres a way to get the gear in under a year. I have been here 5-6 years top, maybe longer. in the very first post i asked, How to get R9 if i started a blademaster with No coin and without spending a dime. Not if i took my lvl 100 char and used him to do it, on the 100 char, i have a few peices of G15, Rest is tt80. But aside from how long it would take Him to do it, Is it possible for a newly created Bm to do it in under a year without spending one dime on a New server? The main thing here is Time, it's alot of ways apparently to earn R9 money, But can i do it in Under a year, Or close to that timeframe? Maybe 1.5 years? So.....i guess it does come around to how much i can make in a day.no where close to 8.3m Realistically speaking that is. It makes my mouth water to think i could make 5m a day......when i spend 100's of Mils on my G15-G16 Gear that's Required to stay in the botting area of lvl 95 mobs for the full 24/7.

About the advanced cube, what is that all about? Is money ganrenteed? or is more like a luck thing like the BH? I have done the regular cube in the past though, i liked it. i Dont have any Rebirth toons at 100 so FSP is out of the question. If i want to lvl my lvl 100 with his lvl 80 tt gear back up to 100 after rebirthing, Reguardless what some people have you believe, It will take Money Or Time. Which if the first, will be taking once again, away from my r9 fund.

im considering some of these options you mentioned, But right now, the best way is looking like a lottery ticket-win.
    mxa wrote: »
    Reading all of your posts, no way for you personally to reach r9 within 1 year.

Heres why : you have a self defeating attitude.
    If you plan to reach a goal thats 1 year away, and you start with all that pessimism and nay saying, there would be no way for you to ever reach it.

1 year is a freaking long time, which needs motivation..if you're already this negative about it, you're motivation wont last long enough to even reach half way there.
    Well, it's not the case it's just that i believe in considering every possible outcome of things rather then just Blindly believing that "if i want it enough i'll have it!" It's nearly Never always a straight Road, It's variables and pot-holes that prevent you from getting to the destination. i dont pretend like those pot-holes don't exist. If i dont understand something it's only Right to ask questions. But with this community here, its more like : Do what we tell you to do because we did it and it worked" and if you question what they allegedly did, you get ganged up on by that community rather then them trying to find answers to the pot-holes you purposed. Truth is, It's a very Real possibility that Not every Money magical making way they said will automatically work with no problems Every single time. Im increasing the timespand to Two-3 Years now. If that's the only option then it's not worth 3 years of my actual Life to farm that gear.
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    i dont understand, you just say, "getting from lvl 1-30 in a few hours is easy" As if that's all there is to it. Like it's a absolute fact. If you do Nothing but quest, Let's say the quest that are available in your range, For 1-30 it will take much longer than a few hours to get to 30, People think just because it's a low lvl that it's Easy to get with no effort. It's not that easy. You're just trying to dress it up as that easy to contradict my time-frames. Wouldnt it be easy to say "Hey instead of 5-6 months to get from lvl 1 to 101" It will only take you a month!" It's sad because it's become one of those things where it's perceived as being so easy the next guy just say "Oh yeah hey i can do that no prob" Without even thinking about it. I know for a fact that if People had to put their Life on the Line for everything they "thought" they could do, You'd see alot less of those guys saying "oh hey i can do that no prob" lol
    It is easy.

Let's assume you're on a brand new character and completely ignore the primal domain.

Level 1-10 takes about 5 or so miinutes. All those quests are relatively close, you get free gear via the dreamchaser pack/lowbie treasure, you can pick up a Lucidsilver at level 5. If you get fruits from it, you're now instantly level 11. Got fruits from the level 9 lucidsilver? Congratulations! Now you're 15! Got fruits from those? 17! All without even touching a single quest aside from your cultivation! Spend a few minutes after that hitting 20 and you now can do seasonal quests! First one is a guaranteed level up for you, may potentially give two levels, can potentially give even more EXP due to the reward, AND the item rewards it gives can be turned in for even more EXP! Oh and did I mention you can pick up normal lucidsilvers at level 20 and get a bonus one at 25/29 culti? Even MORE fruits for you to get you to 30 if you started your character anywhere between 7 and 8 PM server time. And this is just one method.

I have plenty of lowbies I play and remake regularly. EXP below level 40 comes so fast that if I'm not purposefully holding myself back it flies by with little effort.... and then comes BH at 40 and suddenly even MORE easy EXP gains!
    Well the thing is, I dont think my measurements are flawed, or greatly flawed, Lvling up with 0 coins isnt Easy. And i used the dreamchaser gear as a name, because i couldn't think of the lvl 40 names, which is Royal, But anyway, That pack isnt handed Out with every newly built character. Lets say i had No gear at all. All though, If i think about it, it shouldn't Come to that, The bh79 you suggested, If i had a squad full of gear'ed up people i think its very possible to do in White-npc lvl 70 or so gear as long as nothing touches me and i have them do all the work, But possible none the less, I havent thought about it. So i agree with most of that. Also, I've never heard of the pvp-easy-exp thing before, But in your opinion, Do you think it's enough to get from....maybe 60-80? or whenver you can enter? If so, That cuts a lot of time off of the One year spand, and i can start saving up quicker. Assuming the exp reward isnt garbage, like 100k, i mean it's got to be a reason why it's a ghost town Right?
    Most people who run 79 nowadays can easily breeze through it. You'll be fine there even in NPC gear.

As for tournament, the lowest reward for the lowest bracket is 42k EXP for the first round you survive (and basically nobody goes into the brackets below 80 and the few you'll find tend to not want to fight anyways making it easy to run through it). The top exp reward for that same level range is 1m EXP. Doesn't sound like much at first but then you realize that the most EXP you need to level in that range is 440k. Meaning you'd get at the very least two levels out of just that one EXP reward. And the higher level brackets give similar results for EXP gained.

The jolly jones, Its a much better way of looking at it. Instead of parking him there to earn r9 coin, I do it to earn enough to Start a merchandising career, But the thing is, It's not like that time is standing still. That adds onto the the year. I think you say my measurements are flawed because your just leaving out vital time as if it doesnt even exist. With one bm, thats 71-80, im suppose to wait weeks to earn enough coin to last me to 80-100, Or enough to start my merchandising? Or lets say i had two chars, The time spent Lvling that character to 71 is just thrown out the window as if it doesnt even exist, So ADD that time spent lvling Both chars and then I can start to do Jolly jones after that. Im not saying it's not a good idea, im saying that it's not like time is going to stand still, im working in a year time frame here.This Adds Time onto that frame.
    The time spent reaching 71 is tossed aside because getting there isn't difficult at all and takes little time if you're using all the options available. Considering you get almost 200k daily just for talking to the NPC in the 71-80 range... that's something that builds up quickly. If you do the quests on two alts, you're looking at about ~1.6m daily for an incredibly minimal investment both in terms of time and coin. Just two weeks on the theoretical BM where you log in, do jones, and log out will net you 10m you can invest in a small-scale item to begin merching with. Doing it with two alts for extra revenue even after your BM has moved on? Incredibly practical and very handy.
    And yes, The lvl 80 gear in BH79 does have a bad rate of dropping. I've did 5 runs in a row with a squad at lvl 90's, and no gear drops, and whatever did Drop was arcane, Which is something i'd like to call a variable. Which equals No gear drops for my metaphorical lv80 bm, AT least not as Quickly as you claim it will be. It's not me that's being ridiculous. You think this stuff just Happens because you want it to. It's a child's way of thinking, You dont consider outcomes and possible variables that will Prevent you from reaching the goal. Which is gear in this case.
    You have some rather poor luck then. I get sick of all the masters drops that clog up my inventory when I run 79. Not that it really matters ~that~ much overall, though. Why? Because you'll have reason to go into 79 on a near daily basis from level 79 to level 99. And from 95+ you'll have access to Morai and the gears that accompany it for easy budget PvE. You're the one thinking of nothing but issues. Me? I'm speaking from experience having leveled multiple characters on multiple servers up through multiple times. If you're having luck issues with the gear, nothing stops you from joining more than one 79 run each day. Especially as when higher levels do it for the nuemas things die quickly enough anyways.
    Those rewards from the Lvl-up stash Dont last from lvl 55-80, oR God forbid 101, They give us the charm when it wont be needed. And lets say i did have the charms and saved them for lvl 80 or 101, that would mean i could save on my R9 fund and not have to buy crabmeats, However, Thats a one time thing because after One NW, It's Gone. I Didnt bring the quest rewards up because i didnt think they'd be relevant. Im not blind to them. You're just being passive aggressive.
    Calling me passive-aggressive for pointing out one of your many options while you're the one being anything near it is a folly on your end. And seeing as there are rewards every five levels from 1 to 100... um... what exactly are you trying to imply again? It's a very helpful supplement to ease the burdens of costs. You can do things like divine contracts for free potions/EXP. You don't need to be charmed 24/7 and can use the occasional free charms from Lucidsilver/gold to tide you over until you're at a point where equipping the free charms isn't a total waste. Mobs drop potions all the time too. Pick those up and you can save the free foods you get for times when you know a normal pot won't be enough. And don't go around burning your good resources in NW like that so futilely. That's nothing but a waste. Your goal as a lowbie is to annoy the **** out of enemies. Not burn a charm and crabs because you're getting 1-shot all the time but still want to try and heal to max health before the next 1-shot because... REASONS. And the quest rewards do help. When you're being so passive-aggressive about time and penny pinching and so on, you should be more aware than anyone else that every small bit helps.
    You think Friends are magically generated and Easy to gain, And im the absurd one? What is it opposite day?
    I see, You're talking about the friends that add you on their list. I was referring to the Ones that would Help you to obtain your Rank9 gear. Which is the only reason friends would be relevant in the subject. Those friends are not easy to come by, and Neither are those factions, But judging by your way of thinking that everything is Easy and lvling up to 101 is Easy, or your twisted <--imo) Way of how Lvling Up is done in general, it's only natural that you'd think making friends who will love you enough to help you obtain your R9 gear is Easy. If friends dont help you obtain the R9 gear in any way shape or Form, then what relevance are they in this particular subject. Regardless, However you feel about my mental state or reasoning, Know the feelings 100% mutual.
    Way to totally miss my point... and kinda show exactly what I was saying was a wrong way to go about things.

Why on earth would you add a random person who does absolutely nothing to your friends list? I even gave an example in what you quoted about people who I now can easily do my BHs with (daily easy EXP), quests (more EXP/spirit/coin/rewards), and even potentially farm (Hey look that covers gear) with. And as I said, if you're polite and kind you will run into these sorts of people. You're being far too dismissive without even having any real experience on the matter. Meanwhile I, who have gone out and DONE the things I'm telling you, am even giving you recent examples and you're choosing to... dismiss it as a fantasy because you're being too stubborn to realize that it's very much a thing.

If your ingame persona is anything like how you've reacted to both myself and Aubree then yeah you're gonna have a hard time finding quality people you can rely on to do runs with or help you with your instances and so on. And in that case, I can't really say anything you can do on the matter aside from work on your attitude. If you're different ingame then you'll have a much better chance at it. Don't be afraid to socialize. You never know what kind of people you may run into and how helpful they may wind up becoming.
  • mxa
    mxa Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Well, it's not the case it's just that i believe in considering every possible outcome of things rather then just Blindly believing that "if i want it enough i'll have it!" It's nearly Never always a straight Road, It's variables and pot-holes that prevent you from getting to the destination. i dont pretend like those pot-holes don't exist. If i dont understand something it's only Right to ask questions. But with this community here, its more like : Do what we tell you to do because we did it and it worked" and if you question what they allegedly did, you get ganged up on by that community rather then them trying to find answers to the pot-holes you purposed. Truth is, It's a very Real possibility that Not every Money magical making way they said will automatically work with no problems Every single time. Im increasing the timespand to Two-3 Years now. If that's the only option then it's not worth 3 years of my actual Life to farm that gear.

Honestly its true in my opinion.every advice you got was somewhat realistic, leveling 1-101 in 5-6 month is either A)insanely slow, like "i dont use hyperstones and all other exp means" slow
    or B) you really only have 1h or less a day to play.

Dude botting alone gets you to 101 in less than that, not adding BH exp/FC exp/Hyper exp/PV exp/Rebirth exp/daily log in exp/Fac base exp/

Looking at the above poster, telling you to get 8.3m a day.
    A level 90+ Char is able to finish advanced cube, if you prepare yourself with items needed, guides ready and really understood.
    Simply by farming Cube daily, you can already make 6-8m from the Cogs per day.
    That almost entirely covers your cost for r9.

Then add ALL the weekly events, MONDAY : Tiger Event, try find a way to get scores with bad gear, aka flowers/quests, if that doesnt work get the freaking special BH for tiger event for EXTRA rewards)
    TUESDAY#1 : DT, farming the evnet, for fash, shards, res scrolls and co, easily 5m+
    TUESDAY#2 : Juingle Ruins, almost guaranteed 100 mirages/100 socket stones + chance on Ring + a finished BH(with additional money) + free Event Gold(easily 3+, after 2 events you got enough for a free silver charm)
    THURSDAY pvp tourney, lvl 80-89 region for Immac Citrine shards, easily another 4m+
    Friday + Sunday = NW easily another 10m+ together

Simply by doing all the freaking weekly events, you are easily able to gather 20m+-once you get more experienced with how to be effective you get 30m and upwards......IF you take your EGO out of the way and farm to be effective and for max profits.

Doing freaking Daily/Weekly Events like this + the PREPARED(must, if you arent you lose a lot) Advanced Cube run nets you ALONE enough coins for r9 in a year.

But yeah, with your terrible attitude, and pessimism, i dont think you personally can.
  • Crygol - Sanctuary
    Crygol - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Why you being so negative? You say you have played 5-6 years.. why don't you have anything to show for it? How come you have to start a character with 0 funds after over 5 years of playing.
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    I have to say I agree with the others about your negativity.

With an attitude and stance like that, there's no way it's possible for you as you'd be too busy dismissing everything before even giving it a chance. And of course you aren't going to get anywhere if you don't actually put a foot forth and try it.
  • mechabeastmc666
    edited August 2014
    It is easy.

Let's assume you're on a brand new character and completely ignore the primal domain.

Level 1-10 takes about 5 or so miinutes. All those quests are relatively close, you get free gear via the dreamchaser pack/lowbie treasure, you can pick up a Lucidsilver at level 5. If you get fruits from it, you're now instantly level 11. Got fruits from the level 9 lucidsilver? Congratulations! Now you're 15! Got fruits from those? 17! All without even touching a single quest aside from your cultivation! Spend a few minutes after that hitting 20 and you now can do seasonal quests! First one is a guaranteed level up for you, may potentially give two levels, can potentially give even more EXP due to the reward, AND the item rewards it gives can be turned in for even more EXP! Oh and did I mention you can pick up normal lucidsilvers at level 20 and get a bonus one at 25/29 culti? Even MORE fruits for you to get you to 30 if you started your character anywhere between 7 and 8 PM server time. And this is just one method.

I have plenty of lowbies I play and remake regularly. EXP below level 40 comes so fast that if I'm not purposefully holding myself back it flies by with little effort.... and then comes BH at 40 and suddenly even MORE easy EXP gains!

Most people who run 79 nowadays can easily breeze through it. You'll be fine there even in NPC gear.

As for tournament, the lowest reward for the lowest bracket is 42k EXP for the first round you survive (and basically nobody goes into the brackets below 80 and the few you'll find tend to not want to fight anyways making it easy to run through it). The top exp reward for that same level range is 1m EXP. Doesn't sound like much at first but then you realize that the most EXP you need to level in that range is 440k. Meaning you'd get at the very least two levels out of just that one EXP reward. And the higher level brackets give similar results for EXP gained.

The time spent reaching 71 is tossed aside because getting there isn't difficult at all and takes little time if you're using all the options available. Considering you get almost 200k daily just for talking to the NPC in the 71-80 range... that's something that builds up quickly. If you do the quests on two alts, you're looking at about ~1.6m daily for an incredibly minimal investment both in terms of time and coin. Just two weeks on the theoretical BM where you log in, do jones, and log out will net you 10m you can invest in a small-scale item to begin merching with. Doing it with two alts for extra revenue even after your BM has moved on? Incredibly practical and very handy.

You have some rather poor luck then. I get sick of all the masters drops that clog up my inventory when I run 79. Not that it really matters ~that~ much overall, though. Why? Because you'll have reason to go into 79 on a near daily basis from level 79 to level 99. And from 95+ you'll have access to Morai and the gears that accompany it for easy budget PvE. You're the one thinking of nothing but issues. Me? I'm speaking from experience having leveled multiple characters on multiple servers up through multiple times. If you're having luck issues with the gear, nothing stops you from joining more than one 79 run each day. Especially as when higher levels do it for the nuemas things die quickly enough anyways.

Calling me passive-aggressive for pointing out one of your many options while you're the one being anything near it is a folly on your end. And seeing as there are rewards every five levels from 1 to 100... um... what exactly are you trying to imply again? It's a very helpful supplement to ease the burdens of costs. You can do things like divine contracts for free potions/EXP. You don't need to be charmed 24/7 and can use the occasional free charms from Lucidsilver/gold to tide you over until you're at a point where equipping the free charms isn't a total waste. Mobs drop potions all the time too. Pick those up and you can save the free foods you get for times when you know a normal pot won't be enough. And don't go around burning your good resources in NW like that so futilely. That's nothing but a waste. Your goal as a lowbie is to annoy the **** out of enemies. Not burn a charm and crabs because you're getting 1-shot all the time but still want to try and heal to max health before the next 1-shot because... REASONS. And the quest rewards do help. When you're being so passive-aggressive about time and penny pinching and so on, you should be more aware than anyone else that every small bit helps.

Way to totally miss my point... and kinda show exactly what I was saying was a wrong way to go about things.

Why on earth would you add a random person who does absolutely nothing to your friends list? I even gave an example in what you quoted about people who I now can easily do my BHs with (daily easy EXP), quests (more EXP/spirit/coin/rewards), and even potentially farm (Hey look that covers gear) with. And as I said, if you're polite and kind you will run into these sorts of people. You're being far too dismissive without even having any real experience on the matter. Meanwhile I, who have gone out and DONE the things I'm telling you, am even giving you recent examples and you're choosing to... dismiss it as a fantasy because you're being too stubborn to realize that it's very much a thing.

If your ingame persona is anything like how you've reacted to both myself and Aubree then yeah you're gonna have a hard time finding quality people you can rely on to do runs with or help you with your instances and so on. And in that case, I can't really say anything you can do on the matter aside from work on your attitude. If you're different ingame then you'll have a much better chance at it. Don't be afraid to socialize. You never know what kind of people you may run into and how helpful they may wind up becoming.
    1-10 in 5 minutes is just a "5 second thought" It cant Really be done, And This is what i meant by, "if people had to Pay with their Lives they would have some serious reconsideration's" It's easy to say, But 5 Minutes on the timer, If you dont get to lvl 10, You'd be dumped inside of a shark tank or something, People would REALLY think twice about How long it would take IF that was the case. LVL 10 is Not hard to get at all, But it's just an example of your -push a button and lvl up- ways. It's not that fast.

Also, About the bh79, Luck is considered a variable. Variables or pot-holes equals Time expended. For instance, i do a BH79 5 times, and get No gear drops. And then the 6th time, i get gear drops, But it's not for my char, So i have to do it all over again. Where you lucky enough get it whenever you like. Pot-holes in that year, along with other Variables(including in merchandising) Prolonging the time. But you rather act like they dont exist, So yes i would agree that If (which it wont) Everything Goes according to plan, I sell everything i ever buy, i get every drop i wanted with no problems and no pot holes, i assume it would be possible to earn the R9 gear in under a year.Lets be realistic here, Problems happen. Some problems happen more than once, Some problems cause Setbacks, and what turns a problem-free scenario which would have u getting the gear in a few months into a 2 year long one. But other than the 79 gear that drops, Lets take it out the equation, and Just use NPC gear, it's cheaper and the objective is to save money right? Now time to go Bot in that armor, well that didnt work...so Now im stuck with Lesser options to earn Money, which is(problem free Merchanting), and crab-meatless NW, And one is more promised than the other.

On a side note, i called you passive aggressive because when i didnt see it your way, i was apparently Being Ridiculous Right? Or was that just conveniently left out lol

Im implying that the subject is "how to obtain R9 in under a year" And you, the one who Brought up a lvl-up stash, I was saying that, the chest wont Help the matter in any way Really. The only way it would help the matter is taking away from my Lvl-up cost (that does exist) and R9 funds. And it does for basically One day. Because any charms i get is Automatically Dead by the end of NW.Lets say i dont equip the gold charm as soon as i get it, and wait after sunday's NW, I still gotta lvl up Right? FC means the charm will be Either dead or close to dieing by the time next Friday rolls around which is a sure death at the end of NW, and you cant unequip charms.Yes the charm would tick on things such as Boss's aoe and ect, Because after all, im wearing NPC gear Right. At 80, you get 500 crab meat and herb, which will also be gone By lvl 90 if im doing 10 FC's a day to get to lvl 101. But let me guess, Push a button and that solves the lvl up Problem right. Either way, the chest isnt relevant, why you brought it up in a red-link i have no clue. Ludicd doesnt always give a charm, any charm he gives is gone Before nw even starts.In reality, What money are the lvl-up-chest and lucid saving me?

So what your telling me is that, all i have to do to obtain R9 gear Quicker, is to be nice and caring and make Friends that will potentially help me out with the gear. As if those type's of people are Easy to come by. "Make friends and they will help you getting your r9 gear" if that was true, then everyone on the server would have the gear by now. Surely Everyone has at least One friend Right? Where is everyone's Rank 9 gear. Oh yeah thats because it's Not as Easy as you say it is. Not every Best-friend is ganrenteed to have the funds to help you get your R9 gear.Not every Friend has a 100+sin to run me though FC to avoid the cost of lvling up to 101.If they dont have the money to do so, does that make them less of a friend? So why are they a topic in this subject? Also i have plenty of friends in-game. Their barely struggling to stay afloat themselves, How can they help me with R9? That makes those friends irrelevant......Unless what your trying to say is to Befriend the Rich people? lol

Also, in a unrelated matter, i know for a well known fact that cleric had Such and Such Buy her R9 gear for her, Look at the tittle, why should her word be any relevance? Or why should i take it seriously on this particular subject, we can agree to Disagree.
    mxa wrote: »
    Honestly its true in my opinion.every advice you got was somewhat realistic, leveling 1-101 in 5-6 month is either A)insanely slow, like "i dont use hyperstones and all other exp means" slow
    or B) you really only have 1h or less a day to play.

Dude botting alone gets you to 101 in less than that, not adding BH exp/FC exp/Hyper exp/PV exp/Rebirth exp/daily log in exp/Fac base exp/

Looking at the above poster, telling you to get 8.3m a day.
    A level 90+ Char is able to finish advanced cube, if you prepare yourself with items needed, guides ready and really understood.
    Simply by farming Cube daily, you can already make 6-8m from the Cogs per day.
    That almost entirely covers your cost for r9.

Then add ALL the weekly events, MONDAY : Tiger Event, try find a way to get scores with bad gear, aka flowers/quests, if that doesnt work get the freaking special BH for tiger event for EXTRA rewards)
    TUESDAY#1 : DT, farming the evnet, for fash, shards, res scrolls and co, easily 5m+
    TUESDAY#2 : Juingle Ruins, almost guaranteed 100 mirages/100 socket stones + chance on Ring + a finished BH(with additional money) + free Event Gold(easily 3+, after 2 events you got enough for a free silver charm)
    THURSDAY pvp tourney, lvl 80-89 region for Immac Citrine shards, easily another 4m+
    Friday + Sunday = NW easily another 10m+ together

Simply by doing all the freaking weekly events, you are easily able to gather 20m+-once you get more experienced with how to be effective you get 30m and upwards......IF you take your EGO out of the way and farm to be effective and for max profits.

Doing freaking Daily/Weekly Events like this + the PREPARED(must, if you arent you lose a lot) Advanced Cube run nets you ALONE enough coins for r9 in a year.

But yeah, with your terrible attitude, and pessimism, i dont think you personally can.
    So if i went down the List and explained to you Every Variable that Prevents Any of that from happening, You'd call me negative? People act as if You can just get from Point A to Point B, and that's all there is to it. Lets say i wanted to walk though a jungle, Easy Right? You just think you have get tho the jungle on the other side, You wouldn't consider the Snakes and quick-sand or things that could Very well Kill you before you make it though the jungle. Maybe the question should have been, :Is there any full proof Guaranteed way to get R9 gear in under a year without spending a dime on the game starting from a new server. I would love to live in a Problem free world like you do.
    Why you being so negative? You say you have played 5-6 years.. why don't you have anything to show for it? How come you have to start a character with 0 funds after over 5 years of playing.
    It's because i've been switching from server to server, and in that 5-6 year term, i've been taking breaks from pwi on and off. Also, even if i had stayed here for the full 5-6 years without a day off, It's just that, That gear isn't as Easy to get as these users would Love to make you think it is.

Also, OP sorry about the double posting, is my last one. could u fix this one up too. Either way im done here. Im going to go Research a few ideas from all of the post above, such as Jungle-ruins and advanced cube, i mean after all, the way they described it, It's a Guaranteed 6m a day! AND guaranteed Buyers for the things those two events give. i just hope i don't wake up from dreaming.