blademaster tactics

Options
teikiatsu11
teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Blademaster
I felt there should be a thread for blademasters to post any tips and tricks they have for pvp both 1v1 and mass pvp. Post any knowledge you feel like sharing for any new coming blademasters below.

If you're posting for 1v1 situations it would be very appreciated if you could offer tricks for individual classes as some of us though dominating against one class may struggle against others. b:surrender

Any tips aside from just using axes would be very welcomed as well since I've met quite a few bm's that prefer poleblades or swords in pvp but finding advice with those weapons seems to be difficult.

Edit: I'm well aware of all the existing guides but the game has in fact changed with the primal update meaning all those old guides only offer so much help I'm looking for information on how the game is currently. As the game changes people may want updated information with new skills and especially with the new passives giving us more defense, skill damage, and crit rate.
Post edited by teikiatsu11 on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    A great thread for you to look at would be TheDan's PvP guide, stickied in this subforum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Aww Zanryu beat me :P.

Here let me help. Click me

also check out the video channels people have.
  • teikiatsu11
    edited August 2014
    Options
    A great thread for you to look at would be TheDan's PvP guide, stickied in this subforum.

I've read through TheDans guide and though it was very helpful I think other blademasters might have some useful tips and tricks as well and I would like to hear from more than 1 source. Plus I think we could use more hints and details on lesser used weapons such as sword and poleblade. b:victory and to hear the perspective from both demon and sage in better detail might be nice as well.
    Aww Zanryu beat me :P.

Here let me help. Click me

also check out the video channels people have.

Please refer to my reply to Zanryu on why I made this thread. Guides are nice but I like hearing from other sources as well. Never know if a guide missed some useful details.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've read through TheDans guide and though it was very helpful I think other blademasters might have some useful tips and tricks as well and I would like to hear from more than 1 source. Plus I think we could use more hints and details on lesser used weapons such as sword and poleblade. b:victory and to hear the perspective from both demon and sage in better detail might be nice as well.

Check out the videos if you want to hear more. Other weapon beside axe in pvp = very situational. Only a few bm can be competitive with pole and sword, because they have great poles and swords that are refined.

Best thing for you to do. Try out the skills, and ask specific questions. Otherwise topic is way too broad to even attempt anything useful.

That is your end goal right? hear from others and use it in gameplay?
  • teikiatsu11
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Check out the videos if you want to hear more. Other weapon beside axe in pvp = very situational. Only a few bm can be competitive with pole and sword, because they have great poles and swords that are refined.

Best thing for you to do. Try out the skills, and ask specific questions. Otherwise topic is way too broad to even attempt anything useful.

That is your end goal right? hear from others and use it in gameplay?

I was also hoping for others to post any advice they may have for blademasters but yes that's the goal. My main is a full demon blademaster but I wanted to see if anyone had tips beyond what I already know. More knowledge is better. b:victory
  • therev
    therev Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    i was full demon i recently went sage because of the primal update and i realised demon primal has more status effects and sage gives better overall damage output dont get me wrong demon hf roar and bash are good but i am more happy overall sage the only thing i regret was demon bell spam since i was demon most of the time i do it still even sage but whatever suits your playstyle since bms have so many variations
    pvp wise i prefer sage over demon due to the passives
    https://youtu.be/opVr7YZgLwc
    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • teikiatsu11
    edited August 2014
    Options
    therev wrote: »
    i was full demon i recently went sage because of the primal update and i realised demon primal has more status effects and sage gives better overall damage output dont get me wrong demon hf roar and bash are good but i am more happy overall sage the only thing i regret was demon bell spam since i was demon most of the time i do it still even sage but whatever suits your playstyle since bms have so many variations
    pvp wise i prefer sage over demon due to the passives

I'm glad someone posted trying to be helpful and offered advice beyond already existing guides b:surrender I had heard sage was a more viable option for pvp with the primal update but with all the work I've put into my current one I'd probably just make a new blademaster to go sage and use my current one to power level it b:laugh
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I only recently got into pvp more then i ever use too i will say after some time with the current guides and spaming few bms about other tricks and tips , my final results is....

Genies a very big part in PvP 1v1 or Mass, and also knowing the skills of all the other classes. If u dont know whats coming ur gonna regret it.

U pretty much asked all the same questions I had. Though i still await more response's, the few that i did get, helped a great deal.

Chi management is important now adays and dont think ur a BM supper power that gonna solo everyone and group cause u set urself up for fail. Primary focus in my opinon is Crowd Control.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • teikiatsu11
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I only recently got into pvp more then i ever use too i will say after some time with the current guides and spaming few bms about other tricks and tips , my final results is....

Genies a very big part in PvP 1v1 or Mass, and also knowing the skills of all the other classes. If u dont know whats coming ur gonna regret it.

U pretty much asked all the same questions I had. Though i still await more response's, the few that i did get, helped a great deal.

Chi management is important now adays and dont think ur a BM supper power that gonna solo everyone and group cause u set urself up for fail. Primary focus in my opinon is Crowd Control.

Chi management is a big problem since we rely on it for most of our skills b:surrender I have noticed on my server several bm's (including myself) adopting r8r swords and rerolling until we get defense levels to keep us alive while we gain chi from Star Smite and if you're demon Spirit Chaser offers another 25 chi 75 both having a 6 second cd.