Junk items

Options
Redoubt - Harshlands
Redoubt - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Suggestion Box
1. Nirvana keys
2. Fairy Box keys
3. Roll call attendance sheets (only useful for some rings)
4. Friendship crystals
5. Chrono key

Please emove them from the game. A little streamlining is in order.
Post edited by Redoubt - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    1: Nirvana has a title quest that you can get out of it and the instance isn't useless even if it's been made obsolete due to NW since everybody focuses on efficiency instead of doing things for fun.

2: Fairy Boxes still exist and are attainable. There is zero reason to remove the keys entirely. And this is from someone who dislikes that China decided to stuff them in the regular inventory when the original system for Fairy Boxes (getting 6 per day automatically in quest inventory) worked perfectly fine.

3: No. You can get the rings, free mount, and a daily chi stone from it. Don't want em? Trash the quest or don't turn it in. Not everyone can afford better stuff and they're very useful to people who are new to things.

4: FQ can still be done and it's free rep if you do it normally or a free fantasy fruit if you just dump the crystal at the Elder of Archosaur. Just because you personally may not find it useful doesn't mean everyone else agrees.

5: .... Why is that even on your list? You do realize that the NPC checks for a chrono key before letting you get into OHT, right? Do you want us to not have any access to Chrono maps anymore?

tl;dr: No to everything. Opinionated list is opinionated and just because you personally don't use the items doesn't mean that they're junk items that should be removed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    1: Nirvana has a title quest that you can get out of it and the instance isn't useless even if it's been made obsolete due to NW since everybody focuses on efficiency instead of doing things for fun.

Nirvana is dead because it's was boring as all get out and nobody was running it for the fun anyway. I'm a carebear and I'm so glad that nation wars killed that even it did mean I had to PVP to farm my tokens. Good riddance. I hope it doesn't come back unless it's overhauled to be more fun, and less exclusive to only one type of playstyle. I agree to number one, and if they redo it they should get rid of the nirvana key nonsense.

The other items are useful and shouldn't be gotten rid of.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    In fairness, before we got into the whole APS madness Nirvana was kinda amusing. Especially doing things like a squad of full clerics and the like.

.. Also caster Nirvana was pretty fun. Really it's just the fact Nirvana became a gear focused place and was designed in a way that APS ruled it so easily that made it way more boring than it should have been considering that in a TT99ish/Lunar squad, the bosses were actually interesting and not just something you could... well... spark and AFK on.

Ah, memories of people claiming it was "impossible" to do certain bosses in there. Good times...
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options
    In fairness, before we got into the whole APS madness Nirvana was kinda amusing. Especially doing things like a squad of full clerics and the like.

.. Also caster Nirvana was pretty fun. Really it's just the fact Nirvana became a gear focused place and was designed in a way that APS ruled it so easily that made it way more boring than it should have been considering that in a TT99ish/Lunar squad, the bosses were actually interesting and not just something you could... well... spark and AFK on.

Ah, memories of people claiming it was "impossible" to do certain bosses in there. Good times...

Nope. /stubborn In all honestly though all the things are fun when they are new and chaotic, but that's because of that reason not because it was designed well. And now the gear standard would make it even more of a snoozefest.

• opkossy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nope. /stubborn In all honestly though all the things are fun when they are new and chaotic, but that's because of that reason not because it was designed well. And now the gear standard would make it even more of a snoozefest.

Yeah. Can't deny that regular Nirvana in modern gear is dull without either playing purely to **** around, restricting yourself, or doing both (I still have fun duoing Nirvana with a friend of mine while we use nub weapons or other such silly things). Though the same can be said of.... the vast majority of instances nowadays. Sadly. :/
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yeah. Can't deny that regular Nirvana in modern gear is dull without either playing purely to **** around, restricting yourself, or doing both (I still have fun duoing Nirvana with a friend of mine while we use nub weapons or other such silly things). Though the same can be said of.... the vast majority of instances nowadays. Sadly. :/

I found it dull as someone who was wearing +7 5.0 APS gears of the time period, which was actually undergeared at that time since lots of people were +10. That instance was never really challenging with a good group, before modern geras were introduced. Remember people bragging about the 5 minute nirvy runs? The only reason it was challenging and fun at the very very beginning is because people hadn't yet farmed up and refined the gear that actually dropped from it, so they were undergeared at the time. Warsong is still fun in averagely refined g16 gear, by comparison. TT is still fun now that the gear has made it more of a solo challenge, for example. And profitable.

If they bring it back, they should overhaul it. And once they overhaul it, they need to get rid of the nirvana keys. It was a poorly executed concept from the beginning because it never really served the purpose of restricting usage, which was the entirety of their point. They really ought to get rid of them, but only after they overhaul nirvana.

• Redoubt - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    On Harshlands server,

I dont know a single person who has done

1. Nirvana (except for title quest)
    2. Friendship quest

3. As for fairy boxes, the only place is Undercurrent Hall. You really have to be motivated and need UH to have the need to open fairy boxes.

5. blah blah.

All these things take up space that the overwhelming majority of HL players find as yet another slot that PW uses.

Yes, they are in game, but their purpose has long lost its luster.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just because most people don't need them doesn't mean others don't matter and shouldn't have the ability to do them. It's easy enough to get rid of them if you don't want them. For number 5 you're talking about cutting off access to an entire map. Why should our personal tastes impact what other people have the ability to impact how others want to play the game with pre-existing content when other people doing it doesn't hurt anyone? They are easy to get rid of. What you're arguing is that nobody should have the ability to do them even though they aren't doing you any harm, because you don't like them.

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Why would you have to cut access to the map by deleting chrono keys?
    You mods can't figure out that he means the item is useless when you can pick if up from the NPC that let's you in anyway.

He's not talking about cutting access to the OHT maps seriously - he never once said that.

The same way that he's not saying to get rid of fairy boxes but to get rid of the KEYS.

Nirvana keys are also pointless. Do you think the number of people doing nirvana would really increase to economy breaking levels if they made it so that you didn't need a key to enter?
    Again - useless item - nothing about restricting access to something.

People should do less assuming and more reading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Why would you have to cut access to the map by deleting chrono keys?
    You mods can't figure out that he means the item is useless when you can pick if up from the NPC that let's you in anyway.

He's not talking about cutting access to the OHT maps seriously - he never once said that.

The same way that he's not saying to get rid of fairy boxes but to get rid of the KEYS.

Nirvana keys are also pointless. Do you think the number of people doing nirvana would really increase to economy breaking levels if they made it so that you didn't need a key to enter?
    Again - useless item - nothing about restricting access to something.

People should do less assuming and more reading.

If the chrono keys were removed from the game, you wouldn't be able to pick it up from the NPC. When you enter OHT, the system does a check to see if you have the chrono key. It removes the chrono key from your inventory to complete the quest required to enter, and then rewards you with a chrono key. Seriously go enter OHT and check. Even if you've completed the quests required to enter Chrono world, the NPC won't let you in without the key in your inventory. So the way the game is currently coded, removing the chrono key would remove access to the map.

If you never want to enter OHT again anyway, you can already remove the item permanently from your inventory. Talk to the messenger of time and "recycle," it.The NPC will take the key and give you 2500 coins. Should you change you mind and want to enter OHT again, it will take 5000 coins to get another key. You can purchase the replacement from the same NPC.

Nobody here argued that his argument was they should get rid of fairy boxes. Kossy said that since fairy boxes still exist, fairy box keys are needed.

If you reread what I said, I agreed that the keys should be removed should they ever overhaul nirvana because the keys never did a good job of serving the original purpose of limiting the amount of times we can enter anyway. I agreed but with a caveat because my expressed distaste for nirvana aside, people still might want to run nirvana. And atm, you still need the key to open it. OP doesn't care if the items are being used still because the majority of people don't use them.

Perhaps you should take your own advice, btw.

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The point wasn't that they are not needed.
    The point is that they don't need to be needed. The process by which we enter morai, primal world, heaven and hell don't require a special item.

There are box like items which have a set daily limit like exp/rep/spirit boxes from morai.

The process by which these systems work puts unnecessary stress on the straps of our backpacks which are already full of so many other things - the quest inventory is barely used anymore.

The original post was about items clogging inventory. If you removes these items OBVIOUSLY you would expect an alternative process which was just as successful at getting the job done that doesn't require the item.

It's really not that difficult to work out what the OP is saying... And if this isn't what they're saying then it should be.

But as usual mods will go at any means to deflect any critical comment onto the expresser regardless of whether they're arguing a different side of the same coin.

He's talking about streamlining. Not the absent minded removal of certain parts of the game because they're boring and inefficient..
    Regardless of this, just because they're not done often, or by many doesn't mean they shouldn't be streamlined.
    I just don't see what the point of arguing over something hypothetical is, when it probably won't ever get implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I would really love to get rid of the Nirvana Keys, Fairy Keys and Chrono Key, provided they make changes so that they aren't needed anymore. Alternatively, move the Keys to quest inventory which is largely unused and rather empty..

Roll Call sheets can be exchanged for Chi Stones, if you don't want the rings which isn't too bad. As for the Friendship Crystal...well I don't think that really bothers people?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Redoubt - Harshlands
    edited August 2014
    Options
    ty Bhavvy and Desdi.

As for friendship crystals, I get about 2-3 a day in quests and grinding. I currently have 205.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Indeed, all useless stuff that can be removed and access given without that ****.

At first when i started playing PWI and noticed the amount of ****, i thought they did it to sell inventory stones. Slowly it became clear to me that they just develop stuff, change stuff, leave old stuff there even if it aint needed. Make new items that are the same, but get a different identity. And its all because they are just too lazy to do it properly or even think of the purpose of such things.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'd be happier if that whole stuff and some more just went into the bag it belongs into: THE QUEST INVENTORY...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The point wasn't that they are not needed.
    The point is that they don't need to be needed. The process by which we enter morai, primal world, heaven and hell don't require a special item.

There are box like items which have a set daily limit like exp/rep/spirit boxes from morai.

The process by which these systems work puts unnecessary stress on the straps of our backpacks which are already full of so many other things - the quest inventory is barely used anymore.

The original post was about items clogging inventory. If you removes these items OBVIOUSLY you would expect an alternative process which was just as successful at getting the job done that doesn't require the item.

It's really not that difficult to work out what the OP is saying... And if this isn't what they're saying then it should be.

But as usual mods will go at any means to deflect any critical comment onto the expresser regardless of whether they're arguing a different side of the same coin.

He's talking about streamlining. Not the absent minded removal of certain parts of the game because they're boring and inefficient..
    Regardless of this, just because they're not done often, or by many doesn't mean they shouldn't be streamlined.
    I just don't see what the point of arguing over something hypothetical is, when it probably won't ever get implemented.

The other box like items weren't built with the restrictions that fairy boxes were, they changed them that way to put limitations on them. They did originally just go to the quest inventory IIRC but when they added further limitations on the opening of fairy boxes such as cultivation level of the opener, they moved them to the regular bag.

The chrono key is different than the other maps because it's opened as part of a quest chain that doesn't alter the character. Morai is automatically opened if you're level 95, Heaven and Hell changes your spiritual cultivation level. That's the difference between Chrono world's map and the other maps. The other maps all open based on the nature of our character, Chrono is a giant questline.

And the suggestion box is for discussing suggestions, that's the entire point.