avoid bm paralyze skill?

Options
ksfe
ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Mystic
as a rrr9+11 pk mystic, i find it impossible to avoid bm's primal paralyze skill. it bypasses puri. which i think is unfair and broken. the point of puri on rrr9 weap was to give mag classes a chance to get away. and to give a class that have endless stuns a " paralyze" skill that bypasses the one thing mag classes got to get away from it is totally F'D up. should be nerf'd and set to "a chance" of taking effect. and i know alot of people are gonna say IG AD SP etc. but what if you're planning on using those for something else?? even so pots got cd's and that bm skill isnt spammable but it do cd fast enough for them to use at a contant rotate. so you're f.k'd either way... but that's not the point of this post.. i simply want to know if any mystic/mage classes know a way to avoid this(when/before they cast) ty.
Post edited by ksfe on

Comments

• Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Yeah that skill is really tricky, and I'm sometimes having a hard time dealing with it as well.
    When the skill is casted, there arent anything you can do since it cannot be purified & you're totally stunned, only your genie here can save you here... That is immunity skills like AD and Expel (be aware of BM can still roar to stun you through expel), I personally had some luck with windshield too on dex based genie for some great reduced damage taken when I'm hit by the skill.
    Before the BM cast it you have apothecary available of course, and again expel & AD to resist the paralyze. There is also the genie skill faith which makes you immune to debuffs, paralyze is one of them.
    That is pretty much what I could think of right now, it's hard to avoid it.
    This is a test
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Faith works if you use it before the paralyze hits. Demon Verdant Shell same thing but only a 20% chance for it to kick in.

DVS is pretty safe to use against BMs in general unless you see them with a pole out (obvious sign they're trying to purge). Only a 1/5 chance but if it kicks in and messes up their stunlock you're in good shape. I also use Mo Zun's Taunt against BMs whenever I have an opening because their class is completely helpless without chi.

Sage doesn't have these options but their base pdef is a bit higher so they can hold out a little longer until BM runs out of chi.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Damnit, I totally forgot about the demon verdant shell (I dont have it yet), I kept thinking about the psychic skill soul of retaliation that cast the skill back on the BM (so funny see them paralyze themselves)
    Oh well b:chuckle
    This is a test
  • ksfe
    ksfe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:pleased ty for that and i really hope with this new expan pwi have something hiding :) maybi new skills? would be cool since most classes didnt get as much as othersb:chuckle cragglord without timer ;p???
  • Puddinsundae - Harshlands
    Puddinsundae - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Purify Spell is likely the whole reason that BM and Barb paralyze even exist. <.<;;

The BM one is fine, though I'll admit the Barb one is overtuned and maybe even a bit obnoxious with a cd only 2 seconds longer than its duration and no chi cost.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Purify Spell is likely the whole reason that BM and Barb paralyze even exist. <.<;;

i agree, before r9 3rd time still was viable the fight vs bm, they not was op in that time even we got no purify chance, stun and control is the bm's edge.

long ago u was allways screwed if they was close to u, now since r9 3rd people not really annoyed if purge cleared the stun/hf etc i think this anti stun stun to bm was needed for make again the casters carefull in close combat