We've had enough!

Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Suggestion Box
Hello fellow PWI-players,

we've had enough.

It's time to remove the dang botting system entirely from our game or make it so that you can only kill mobs for EXP while being unable to pick up stuff. And limit it to 2 hours each day max.

How to remove it entirely? Easy. Remove the shortcut in the system bar and disable the Hotkey as well. To avoid some nasty "cheaters" that will most likely find a way around it...well make the max botting time 0 as well without an option to change that.

Can't you see that the botting system is destroying out economy even more? That needs to stop. This botting **** only brings problems and makes literally all other farming ingame useless.

BTW: Reducing the value of the last remaining full-priced DQ items would be a stupid idea. They could still bot for coins, pots and other materials. They wouldn't be making such huge income...but still too much. So don't just reduce the value of DQs ._.

Like really...there can't be anyone disagreeing with me cept lazy ppl that want everything handed to them on a silver plate and no. I'm away for work 11 hours a day as well. Still the botting system sucks and destroys the game.

Bots, Bots, Bots everwhere. I'm so sick of it.
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This couldn't have been added to the myriad of "I hate botting" threads?

Why limit it to 2 hours if you want to remove the coin benefit? You have a problem with leveling off it too? Many people already missed out on the goonz glitch, at least let them have some exp off it.
  • Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Everything that doesnt benefit Joe has to leave the game. Simple.
  • nordpol4711
    nordpol4711 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thats useless because many people use better programs for botting now.
    You can buy this program or there are some for free too.

With this programs you can farm mats, kill only selected mobs, repair the broken gear,
    buy potions and much more. There are many farmbots too in the game.

On server Arch a big faction use this programs since many years (and win every TW b:laugh).
    The "report ****" Button and sending tickets is useless too, a player told me PW know this and will do nothing.

I know places where one Player kill mobs with 10 Bots together (24 hours per day)!
    Its annoying because other player can`t play there (same in morai)....

Maybe PW want kill PWI only with this ****.
    Its sad, but there are much better games now without Bots and more fun.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    This couldn't have been added to the myriad of "I hate botting" threads?

Why limit it to 2 hours if you want to remove the coin benefit? You have a problem with leveling off it too? Many people already missed out on the goonz glitch, at least let them have some exp off it.

Why simply because ppl would still spamm away some quest mobs possibly!
    Everything that doesnt benefit Joe has to leave the game. Simple.

It would benefit me if I'd abuse it hardcore like some others...I heard from ppl running 10 Bots and more! This needs to stop.

If ppl wanna lvl, well there is FC and PV. I made it to triple 105 with 30 minutes of PV every day. So don't be pathetic and do the same!

Sorry...but that pisses me off alot. Can't you see what that botting misery does to our economy? Just for once ppl...just look behind your own limited horizon and discover new...new horizons. xDDDDD

If you gain from the botting feature it's great....for you. But I guess most ppl lack the ability to see the mess that's alrdy been caused by this system itself. That most "Single-Char-Botters" can't even keep up with the inflation with their tiny income (and let's be honest...how much can 1 bot generate? 3-4m a day? Maybe 5 at a good spot?) seems to be a mystery to most as well...they are not aware of that kinda...

Well then keep your beloved botting system. I'm nearly at max gear. There are only a few Orbs missing and I'm done. I don't want it to be removed for myself. I want it to be removed because I care about the gameand not only about myself like most of you seem to do!
    Thats useless because many people use better programs for botting now.
    You can buy this program or there are some for free too.

With this programs you can farm mats, kill only selected mobs, repair the broken gear,
    buy potions and much more. There are many farmbots too in the game.

On server Arch a big faction use this programs since many years (and win every TW b:laugh).
    The "report ****" Button and sending tickets is useless too, a player told me PW know this and will do nothing.

I know places where one Player kill mobs with 10 Bots together (24 hours per day)!
    Its annoying because other player can`t play there (same in morai)....

Maybe PW want kill PWI only with this ****.
    Its sad, but there are much better games now without Bots and more fun.

That's the problem. I know many games that went down the moment they got heavily infested with bots and same thing will eventually happen to PWI. Botting should be banned. Immidiatly and permanently. Best if they ban all IPs connencted with it as well. Yes. Even if its a family. You get more abusers then innocent ppl and the innocent ppl can always get a compensation afterwards.

Better this way then to do nothing at all.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    looks like they are working towards the "do my quests" stone starting with a small beginning with the next update in a couple weeks. so no one will have to worry about bots any more it seems from a questing perspective. The main problem is they already let the cat out of the bag. This is at least the 2nd game pwe has, that has a bot built in it now.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    looks like they are working towards the "do my quests" stone starting with a small beginning with the next update in a couple weeks. so no one will have to worry about bots any more it seems from a questing perspective. The main problem is they already let the cat out of the bag. This is at least the 2nd game pwe has, that has a bot built in it now.

Well the quest thing you mentioned is only for 100+ and is daily quest exclusive. Does not apply on any quest. So unfortunatly that's useless.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary
    WarpSpider_ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have to agree with Joe here. I don't think we've really seen 4 mil each gold, or players trying to sell gold outside of the AH until this botting system was implemented. I've also seen the effects it had on the ingame prices, but I can't debate it as well as other players have.

I've also seen multiple players from the same faction, or possibly the same player with alts autoculti for hours with their R999 gear, making it impossible for me to do some morai dailies.

Count me in the "remove autoculti from the game completely" group.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Botting should never have been implemented really. But I dont think the majority of people will want to have a way of making effortless money removed though- no matter how devalued coins get.

I think the other big downside of botting that I dont think gets mentioned is that there is less "real" activity now. People can just come on for an hour- do their dailys- set up bot and finish for the day. Whereas before they might have had to play for a couple of hours instead to make some money.

So its a real worry when i hear about a cs item that completes your dailys for you! b:shocked
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    >Implying that taking out the in-game bot will change anything
    >Implying people won't just go back to their third party bots
    >Implying certain people don't prefer the third party bots over the crappy in-game one anyway

It's not going to happen.

Also, just to countersuggest:
    Create a limit on how many times per day an account may run TT b:avoid
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • tinocomi
    tinocomi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Hello fellow PWI-players,

we've had enough.

It's time to remove the dang botting system entirely from our game or make it so that you can only kill mobs for EXP while being unable to pick up stuff. And limit it to 2 hours each day max.

How to remove it entirely? Easy. Remove the shortcut in the system bar and disable the Hotkey as well. To avoid some nasty "cheaters" that will most likely find a way around it...well make the max botting time 0 as well without an option to change that.

Can't you see that the botting system is destroying out economy even more? That needs to stop. This botting **** only brings problems and makes literally all other farming ingame useless.

BTW: Reducing the value of the last remaining full-priced DQ items would be a stupid idea. They could still bot for coins, pots and other materials. They wouldn't be making such huge income...but still too much. So don't just reduce the value of DQs ._.

Like really...there can't be anyone disagreeing with me cept lazy ppl that want everything handed to them on a silver plate and no. I'm away for work 11 hours a day as well. Still the botting system sucks and destroys the game.

Bots, Bots, Bots everwhere. I'm so sick of it.

Mr. OP, I come in the name of the ones who don't give a **** to present you our opinions! Let's see, you want to remove the auto-culti feature from the game, when more than 50% of the bots you see are not the legal bots, but illegal and way more effective than the legal one. We're talking about bots that pick items, drink potions (both mana and health), have side macros, as defensive macros that only activate when it's needed (cleric's heal, for example) and when they die, they automaticaly go back to the city, sell all items automaticaly and return to their boting area to continue the process... (There is no counter for that, there is nothing you can actually do to stop them). So please tell me how is that your amazing idea to remove the auto-culti feature will solve the problem? Yep, there will still be 50%+ people boting ilegaly and the one's who will be cuted off from the auto-culti system will also start using the ilegal bot system, providing them even more gold...

It will work when PWI decides to do something about the report system of theirs.

Have a nice day, cheers!
    Notice: Any game is better than PWI atm, so give PWI a break and go try other MMOs! Do it...
    PM me if you want more information about the best MMOs (Warning: biased opinion upon trial)
  • duffer4now
    duffer4now Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The crazy rewards for NW are what is glutting the economy, not botting.

If your a PVPer, botting is evil. If your a PVE player, NW is evil.

Get over yourselves.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    What is the main problem for you ?
    The fact that anyone can sporadically bot in an easy way or the fact that some people use 10+ more bots all day long ?

I'm pretty sure the second category are people that don't use autocultivation but third party bots. So now that auto-culti is implemented (and this is implemented as well in other PWE games) I think that the first thing that should be done is dealing with illegal bots.
    As long as you have illegal bots I think that auto culti is not an important topic.
    If ever PWE finally decide to enforce their own rules, then maybe we will be able to really talk about autoculti.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Take all quest out and take mobs out just keep mobs in instances
  • tinocomi
    tinocomi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Take all quest out and take mobs out just keep mobs in instances

And we would have an excelent huge map to do what? PvP and landscaping? LoL
    I mean, I do agree that we should have more instances, but not to avail a map as big as PWI's it's an huge mistake, so what I have to say is:
    PWI enables the boting system only inside instances that have a controled respawn and controled money/item drop rates. It would reduce normal map's lag and people could continue their "awesome" quests completion --' without crying that hard.
    Notice: Any game is better than PWI atm, so give PWI a break and go try other MMOs! Do it...
    PM me if you want more information about the best MMOs (Warning: biased opinion upon trial)
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I've mentioned on several other anti-botting posts before, the biggest thing that taking out the bots would do is make it much easier to spot illegal botters. Maybe then they will do something about banning them. Probably not, but maybe. With the legal bot in place, it's a definite no.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Not really. If you kill the DQ items you slash bot income by as much as 90% - and that will make doing daily Jolly Jones more profitable then 12 hours of botting...

But there's this thing about genies and bottles Joe. If Autocultivation is crippled so that people can't get it to do what they want it to do, but you have 2 to 10 bot characters made (just grabbing some random numbers from what I've heared in game) then the temptation to grab a custom bot becomes very strong. And we all know that the GMs won't do a damn thing about those. So your suggestion to kill autoculti but leave the lure to bot (the DQ item cash returns) in place, won't solve the problem you are trying to address.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    As I've mentioned on several other anti-botting posts before, the biggest thing that taking out the bots would do is make it much easier to spot illegal botters. Maybe then they will do something about banning them. Probably not, but maybe. With the legal bot in place, it's a definite no.

Don't you remember the situation before the introduction of auto-cultivation ?
    Why would they care more now ? They're just waiting for us to go play to another PWE game xD
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Pinkymist - Archosaur
    Pinkymist - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The fact of the matter is, there is never 1 spot where 3 or 4 mobs spawn that can be auto-botted permanently, and the botting is not the problem. If the botting system is removed, like others said, 3rd party bots will be used, as they are already used. The problem with the economy is not the botting system. It is the fact that people get greedy, and quite frankly the real problem lies with our real life economy. Are you going to step into your grocery store and complain to your grocer that the bread price is too high, so they should remove the bread-maker devices they sell inside?

When i started playing this game in 2010, i used to get 510 zen for R50. My currency is ZAR so it was alot of money already. Now its 289 for R50. And its less money now. In 2010 i could buy a bread, a litre milk, a pack of crisps, and even a can of soda with R50. Now i can buy a bread and milk.

They already took out the price for any DQ items under lvl81 when they implemented the Bounty order quests from Jolly Jones, and then changed those quest so that you can only receive 7 orders a day per account, and only do 7 orders per character a day.

Back then it was QQ from lvl81+ people cause they couldnt do it themselves and the Jolly quests where ruining the market.

This is a virtual game that does not require you to spend your cash. I know from experience that without doing so you will have a hard "PWI-life" but hard work has always given extreme satisfaction. The economy has risen and fallen many times, and it will keep doing so until it eventually dies. Using the features in the game you don't like as reasons are not fair and quite simply put, childish.

If you feel that you do not have enough time to keep up with the market, quit. People come and go daily and they get forgotten just as fast.

PWI will not change their game, and lose thousands or even hundreds of thousands of players just because of a handful who is upset.

I am a caster, who has two children and simply cant afford to give my children a lavish life, nevermind spend money on this game. So unfortunately i cannot bot like others do to farm, i do it myself manually, and i use the auto-cultivation system to easily complete a quest when my hands are full with my children. When i go sleep or afk i go to reflections.

No, i am not one of those lazy people who wish to enjoy easy coin, i simply do not have the resources to do so, however, i simply see this entire thread as an excuse for those who, like me, do not have the resources to over-use it, to put those who can at a disadvantage due to jealousy or hatred or plain envy.

So roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty, or go play a game like tetris or pac-man. If you cannot handle changes and disadvantages you are not made for MMORPGs
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Another useless thread about botting that will lead us nowere.b:shutup
    giphy.gif

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    heero200 wrote: »
    There are about 4 threads on this now!

Im working on a small report to give to the GMs / CM / MODs regarding this issue. It would really be helpful if these where to be in one thread so i can do my summery a lot easier and only in one place. I feel this is an issue that goes over the simple "Ill log this" so this may take a while for me to Finnish. When I Finnish it will be posted to the below thread.

Link Here

Please put all comments, arguments and suggestions into the above thread for now.

Thanks,

As Above,

Thanks,
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    heero200 wrote: »
    As Above,

Thanks,

Threads are only as good as their respective titles and reducing the bot time to 1 hour alone is simply BS, so i won't be supporting a **** titled thread. My title leaves things kinda open. I prefer that^^

And what's wrong with you guys? I checked the map regularly before the auto-culti system was introduced and yes. there have been bots...but da hell? Those havn't been even close to a half % of what we see today.

Remove the auto-culti feature and ban anyone even looking close to a bot with no mercy. Permanently w/o a chance of recovery. Besides it would be a childsplay to see whos a illigal botter when botting in general would be illigal again.

Note: 3rd party bots have gained in popularity cuz ppl think they can guise themselves as normal bots and that no casual player can make out the difference. That is the only reason.

To say that there have been Bots to even close the number we have now before this mess is simply a lie.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited August 2014
    Threads are only as good as their respective titles and reducing the bot time to 1 hour alone is simply BS, so i won't be supporting a **** titled thread. My title leaves things kinda open. I prefer that^^

And what's wrong with you guys? I checked the map regularly before the auto-culti system was introduced and yes. there have been bots...but da hell? Those havn't been even close to a half % of what we see today.

Remove the auto-culti feature and ban anyone even looking close to a bot with no mercy. Permanently w/o a chance of recovery. Besides it would be a childsplay to see whos a illigal botter when botting in general would be illigal again.

Note: 3rd party bots have gained in popularity cuz ppl think they can guise themselves as normal bots and that no casual player can make out the difference. That is the only reason.

To say that there have been Bots to even close the number we have now before this mess is simply a lie.

Removing auto cultivation bot will just invite people to switch to third party bots, simply because a bot got introduced here and they have gotten a taste of it.

Ban anyone without mercy? Where do you think we are, a game where they give a flying balls about it? When was the last time you saw a lot of people getting banned for abusing, botting, whatnot?

It's not going to change the way you want it to change. Deal with it.
    Soon™
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014

Also talks about removing auto culty.

Anything in any other thread will not be counted in my report / summery.

Its not necessary to keep opening more threads when ther are already a few on this already. If any more are opened I will request them to be closed.

Thanks.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited August 2014
    Removing auto cultivation bot will just invite people to switch to third party bots, simply because a bot got introduced here and they have gotten a taste of it.

Ban anyone without mercy? Where do you think we are, a game where they give a flying balls about it? When was the last time you saw a lot of people getting banned for abusing, botting, whatnot?

It's not going to change the way you want it to change. Deal with it.

Oh they should care. Simply because this is destroying THEIR game and a source of INCOME for THEM! We players couldn't care less. if this game ends we move on to other things or another game.

I makes simply 0 sense that they would really refuse to do anything. PWE is hurting themselves most of all in the first place. So sue me. The other possibility would be that all the managers and resposibles in PWE are silly, IQ-of-80 ppl. I doubt that. But since it wouldn't even be that much effort to ban all abusers I just dunno what to think about that anymore.

I always think: "Ya people can't be that stupid and it's impossible that one could be that lazy!" but hey...it always turns out that I'm wrong with that. I usually care too much about things I shouldn't even bother with. My own fault I guess xD Maybe I should just 3rd party 20x bots as well. My PC is strong enough for it anyways.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited August 2014
    Oh they should care. Simply because this is destroying THEIR game and a source of INCOME for THEM! We players couldn't care less. if this game ends we move on to other things or another game.

I makes simply 0 sense that they would really refuse to do anything. PWE is hurting themselves most of all in the first place. So sue me. The other possibility would be that all the managers and resposibles in PWE are silly, IQ-of-80 ppl. I doubt that. But since it wouldn't even be that much effort to ban all abusers I just dunno what to think about that anymore.

I always think: "Ya people can't be that stupid and it's impossible that one could be that lazy!" but hey...it always turns out that I'm wrong with that. I usually care too much about things I shouldn't even bother with. My own fault I guess xD Maybe I should just 3rd party 20x bots as well. My PC is strong enough for it anyways.

1. As long as enough people throw their creditcard at their monitors for PWI, they won't care.

2. If not enough people throw their creditcard at their monitors for PWI, they won't care either, they can shut down whenever they want.

3. This game has been in a decline for a long time, and it's starting to decline faster and faster, also due to stupid decisions and i'm not talking about the auto-cultivation part where PWE has no control over, that has to be settled with China.
    Besides that, it's next to impossible for new players to obtain anything because of too many players having a god complex, or simply telling them (on the forums) to not bother and just move away.

Unless they manage to go through drastic changes on decisions they make, and China actually gives the west what they want, you won't see anything change.

Neither of the 2 are likely to happen, PWE might as well set up pwi for a final blow to the head and move on to making another game they licensed to be their flagship, TBH I think other games they have, have a lot more players than PWI currently.
    Soon™
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

My thread title is not **** there is a reason why I came up with that title. If you think hard enough you may know why. If you do not get it well maybe I can give you a clue. Also I even posted proof that auto cultivation is hurting the economy in PVE servers mostly and PVP servers are not as heavily affected. PVP were the most expensive servers and now they the most cheapest.
    1. As long as enough people throw their creditcard at their monitors for PWI, they won't care.

2. If not enough people throw their creditcard at their monitors for PWI, they won't care either, they can shut down whenever they want.

3. This game has been in a decline for a long time, and it's starting to decline faster and faster, also due to stupid decisions and i'm not talking about the auto-cultivation part where PWE has no control over, that has to be settled with China.
    Besides that, it's next to impossible for new players to obtain anything because of too many players having a god complex, or simply telling them (on the forums) to not bother and just move away.

Unless they manage to go through drastic changes on decisions they make, and China actually gives the west what they want, you won't see anything change.

Neither of the 2 are likely to happen, PWE might as well set up pwi for a final blow to the head and move on to making another game they licensed to be their flagship, TBH I think other games they have, have a lot more players than PWI currently.
    Hi there krazyeyes b:laugh
    This is not something we just want. This is time bomb that is blowing up if pwi does not do something we arer gonna end up like santuary
    http://gyazo.com/dca576efd62693f34157dbfb0dc0e7af
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
    edited August 2014
    My thread title is not **** there is a reason why I came up with that title. If you think hard enough you may know why. If you do not get it well maybe I can give you a clue. Also I even posted proof that auto cultivation is hurting the economy in PVE servers mostly and PVP servers are not as heavily affected. PVP were the most expensive servers and now they the most expensive.

Hi there krazyeyes b:laugh
    This is not something we just want. This is time bomb that is blowing up if pwi does not do something we arer gonna end up like santuary
    http://gyazo.com/dca576efd62693f34157dbfb0dc0e7af

Did you even read half of what I said in point 3 and beyond?
    Soon™
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    You have a problem with leveling off it too? Many people already missed out on the goonz glitch, at least let them have some exp off it.

The exp gained with dragoons before your gear needed repairs would take years to gain it by botting b:sweat
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014

People aren't charging as much anymore though. That's pretty obvious. Look at how much harder it is to get gold these days. Look at how often they are doing charge rewards and spend rewards. They even did a coin sink event and gave away some expensive items. I think it's pretty obvious that PWE is attempting to do things about it, it's just that they aren't PWCN. The devs in China would have to be the ones to put any actual change to it.

Many people already missed out on the goonz glitch, at least let them have some exp off it.

I no longer feel bad for anyone who hasn't reached 105 at least once since the goon glitch. Like zero empathy. That happened back in 2011, it's been three years since that happened. That is more than enough that if you cared you could've levelled to 105 through PV, FC, etc. We have people that are 105/105/105 now. I hope they do something about what the bots have been doing to the economy but also what they are doing to quest mobs. Hopefully just fixing the money thing would fix the quest mob thing and if so then it would be a non-issue to leave it as an exp gain system. But if not, then I'd hope they'd also get rid of it altogether.
    The fact of the matter is, there is never 1 spot where 3 or 4 mobs spawn that can be auto-botted permanently, and the botting is not the problem. If the botting system is removed, like others said, 3rd party bots will be used, as they are already used. The problem with the economy is not the botting system. It is the fact that people get greedy, and quite frankly the real problem lies with our real life economy. Are you going to step into your grocery store and complain to your grocer that the bread price is too high, so they should remove the bread-maker devices they sell inside?

No, but if the government was printing too much money to the point that it was causing problems with the economy, I'd petition for them to stop. IT would be difficult to discover when this happening, and in the real world many other issues compound to make the inflation a disaster. The reason I mention it is because coins being generated out of thin air too much also causes inflation for similar reasons. You don't want the coin supply to be excessive because it devalues the coins.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nevitys
    nevitys Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There is always bots in MMORPG's because people farm gold and sell it for IRL money, kinda sad because that will ruin economy :/
    You are right, we need some kind of antibot system and few bot nukes :p
    Usually people still bot after that but pretty sure PWI can ban bots almost instantly if they get good antibot system, some gold farmers gets lazy and we have less bots in game.

- Nevitys
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.