Deal mass amount of damage to players?

Options
TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Mystic
Okay so in nationwars tonight on Dreamweaver server I had a mystic crit me on my mystic for 20k like it was nothing. I asked her how she did this and she completely ignored me soooo i came to the forums. This is the highest i have ever seen a mystic crit me for. Usually its 3k or so. How did she do it? And it was like hitting a brick wall as well when attacking her.
Post edited by TemptingFire - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    She... likely massively outgeared you and had higher spirit than you do.

This is a kinda common thing for someone with... say... +10-12 R9 third cast hitting a low refined (insert basically any gear here) player. Especially if the person being hit hasn't been through reawakenings to max out their passive skills and get more spirit.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    She... likely massively outgeared you and had higher spirit than you do.

This is a kinda common thing for someone with... say... +10-12 R9 third cast hitting a low refined (insert basically any gear here) player. Especially if the person being hit hasn't been through reawakenings to max out their passive skills and get more spirit.

I'm a level 101 once rbd mystic in full g15/g16 gear. I usually crit other players (when i do crit) for anywhere between 3k-5k if i'm lucky.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I never got one shot by an other mystic even if they was outgearing me.

Maybe she outgear you and maybe she did a huge combo like leech mistress, 3 spark, lucky break etc... but the easiest way to explain it would be to have more info about your mystic cause a lot of things could explain it:

-Are you rb? If yes 1 or 2 times? (if you are not rebirth then it's why you get hit so hard)
    -What's your spirit?
    -What's your HP?
    -What's you wood defense?
    -What's your build? Pure magic, hybrid, AA, LA...?
    -What gears/ornaments do you use? What's the refine and shards?

EDIT: Just saw your reply, you are just rebirth once there's your issue, The rb make a huge difference, cause it also mean that your spirit is low and G15 isn't good compare to R9. I'm a pure magic R9rr mystic and I crit people for way more than 3-5k, my crit are over 10k and I'm not ''end game'' (+10 weap), so I can imagine easy that a +12 R9rr mystic can reach 20k crit on an other mystic rb 1 time with G15/16 gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Yeah... to a person with the type of gear I mentioned, you'd pretty much be nonfactor in terms of damaging them.

To someone with full +12s (heck, +10s even) and even G16 gear that's reawakened twice, has good cards, and has their primal passives maxed, you'd pretty much do negligible damage while they can retaliate by 1-shotting you commonly. Refines, gear in general, cards, and the passives make a monstrous difference.

For example? I have a cleric in basically maxed out gear that can drop a tempest into a group in NW and what will tend to happen is I'll see a bunch of 5 (sometimes 6) digit damage from the lower geared people I 1-shot... and a couple of people in equal gear that take only 4 digit damage and can actually survive to fight me back.
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I never got one shot by an other mystic even if they was outgearing me.

Maybe she outgear you and maybe she did a huge combo like leech mistress, 3 spark, lucky break etc... but the easiest way to explain it would be to have more info about your mystic cause a lot of things could explain it:

-Are you rb? If yes 1 or 2 times? (if you are not rebirth then it's why you get hit so hard)
    -What's your spirit?
    -What's your HP?
    -What's you wood defense?
    -What's your build? Pure magic, hybrid, AA, LA...?
    -What gears/ornaments do you use? What's the refine and shards?

i'm rbd once.
    Spirit 106
    HP buffed (which i was) 6k unbuffed almost 5k
    Wood def 15,593 buffed (which i was)
    Build is pure mag when i leveled normally and hybrid when i leveld back up i'm full AA gear.
    I have g15 top, boots, weap(+4) and sleeve
    g16 pants +1
    for my rings i have a lvl 90 attendance ring and
    lvl 98 Dark Flower Spirit's ring +3 mag ring
    for belt i have lvl 93 Ocean of Clouds
    and for necklace lvl 92 silver chained star +1
    for cape i have level 96 cape of elite leather +4

I have 7 garnet perfect/flawless/immaculate shards and 6 citrine shards immaculate/flawless
    Yeah... to a person with the type of gear I mentioned, you'd pretty much be nonfactor in terms of damaging them.

To someone with full +12s (heck, +10s even) and even G16 gear that's reawakened twice, has good cards, and has their primal passives maxed, you'd pretty much do negligible damage while they can retaliate by 1-shotting you commonly. Refines, gear in general, cards, and the passives make a monstrous difference.

For example? I have a cleric in basically maxed out gear that can drop a tempest into a group in NW and what will tend to happen is I'll see a bunch of 5 (sometimes 6) digit damage from the lower geared people I 1-shot... and a couple of people in equal gear that take only 4 digit damage and can actually survive to fight me back.

So basically what you're suggesting is i rebirth again, refine my gear, and max out my primal passives? I have my primal passives maxed out for first rb and can't continue until i rebirth again which i'm kind of not looking forward to lol
    edited July 2014
    Options
    i'm rbd once.
    Spirit 106 majority of people are at 450-500 by now
    HP buffed (which i was) 6k unbuffed almost 5k it's pretty low in my opinion
    Wood def 15,593 buffed (which i was) O.o that's really low, I have 30k unbuffed.
    Build is pure mag when i leveled normally and hybrid when i leveld back up i'm full AA gear.
    I have g15 top, boots, weap(+4) and sleeve
    g16 pants +1
    for my rings i have a lvl 90 attendance ring and
    lvl 98 Dark Flower Spirit's ring +3 mag ring
    for belt i have lvl 93 Ocean of Clouds
    and for necklace lvl 92 silver chained star +1
    for cape i have level 96 cape of elite leather +4

I have 7 garnet perfect/flawless/immaculate shards and 6 citrine shards immaculate/flawless

Comments in pink, but you are pretty much a one shot to any class atm even mystics and venos, you gears are really low so does your defenses, hp and spirit, I'm even surprise she didn't hit you for more than 20k. Even if you was RB a second time with more spirit people will still hit you hard cause atm G15 isn't good gears, majority of people are either full G16 or R9rr, but I assume you are working on recasting that, but ye I'm not surprise that you get hit for 20k, any pure magic mystic RB twice with a +10 weapon (G16 or R9rr) would have hit the same or higher.

Just to give you an example with numbers, I'm full magic and have 801 magic points, my magic attack buffed is 36.5-40.1k and if I use a combo like 3 spark + leech + RG it jump to 75,1-82,6k magic attack and keep in mind that my weap is +10, so imagine a +11-12.

So in resume you prolly just meet a R9rr (with a +10 or higher refined weapon) mystic that is second RB with 400+ spirit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    So basically what you're suggesting is i rebirth again, refine my gear, and max out my primal passives? I have my primal passives maxed out for first rb and can't continue until i rebirth again which i'm kind of not looking forward to lol

Pretty much and just as bella said.

Once you do the second reawakening and get higher refines, things will be a good deal better.
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Alright ty both for the info ^-^
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options

well yeah, i taked 20-25k from another mystic when he 3rd sparked and did AS combo and when i was i guess unbuffed even got r9 3rd and few S and rest A card and B spirit cards without refine on them, i was mirage X and lv5 tier nuema, 2x105 rebirth, maxed primal passive, 300+ spirit (over 300 i dont remember exactly) on my wizz. I guess he out spirited by around 100-150ish but even that i guess later couldhurt the AS
    edited July 2014
    Options

I suggest you to rebirth again, I do not suggest to refine your G15 gears, it's a waste of money, keep it for refining your G16. Never refine something you don't plan to use as endgame gears/weap/ornaments, same for shards, you should have keep the immac/perfect for your G16.

My suggestion would be to first of all change both your neck and belt, mystics have already a fast channeling no need more, you just weak yourself by using elemental ornaments, keep them for PVE if you want to, but for PVP/TW/NW you should use protection ornaments, the cheapest ones that are good is the Sky Demon Pearl for the neck, you should be able to find that easy at 1-2m (or get the mold for 27 chips +783k at Thousand Streams and craft it), for the belt I'd say either Anger of the Beast Soul (mold) or the cultivation one (protection), an other good option, but more expensive would be to farm a cube neck which can be done in 15 days with COF or a month if you do only one cube run a day (you can find guides on the forum for the cube if you don't know how it works) and the Warsong Belt.

So for now I would say either work on the second rebirth or on getting your G16, once both of those are done you can work on refining your gears, as shards I suggest you to go in the order Shroud and get the exclusive garnet shard, they are better than the perfect shard and cheaper, since it can take weeks/months to get those you can start now to do the Shroud quests and get the shards and save them for your G16. (unless you are still working on getting the Morai skills, but if you have them all then I suggest to go in shroud for the shards)

For the rings I would suggest the lunar ones (Sign of Antiquity: Chaos), but if it's too expensive for you you can check maybe for the OHT ones with good stats or there's an other lunar ring that have nice stats, but isn't really common it's the Ring of Zealousness, mine did cost me 7.5m, it's not the best, but still have decent stats (better than both rings you have in my opinion), here's the link if you never saw it: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/23392 , the mold can take a while to find depending on how active is your server, it took me 2-3 weeks to find the mold, but HL is a dead server so maybe it's easier on other servers.

For the cape and headgear I assume you will farm to get the G16 ones so don't refine more your actual ones, keep the refine for the G16.

So yea in resume:

-Change your ornaments
    -Rebirth again
    -Work on your G16, don't waste refine on G15.

If you can currently solo FC I would say work on the second rebirth first then farm your G16 once you get level 100 again, if you can't solo FC then maybe try to farm your G16 then once you have it work on your second rebirth. (with G16 you should be able to solo FC for sure even with low refines/shards)

You need to keep in mind that while you are staying at the first rebirth you are getting behind in passive and spirit cause other people are already second rebirth and keep getting more spirit and have max passive while you can't work on your passive anymore and cannot level your mirage which give a lot of spirit.

But also getting your full G16 will give you more defense level which will help a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Night$aber - Dreamweaver
    Night$aber - Dreamweaver Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Mind me,but how can you farm cube necklace by doing the regular cube run?Do you also do the rooms 51-60?
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Mind me,but how can you farm cube necklace by doing the regular cube run?Do you also do the rooms 51-60?

Yup. In room 50 you take the option for the cog instead of EXP and then you have an hour to get from room 51-60. Get 30 of those cogs dealt with (some players double up via CoF letters or run on alts to get multiple cogs done during a day) and with some coin and warsoul materials, you'll be able to craft your own cube necklace.
  • Night$aber - Dreamweaver
    Night$aber - Dreamweaver Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Alright,thanks.