Public Quest 3 is glitched.

Comments

• DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jaabg i already showed you how to complete it. You want to abuse it in its previous form is all i can conclude now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qQet5gRJY

even after maint and the first completion it still works. yes it fails and yes it disappears from you quest log but it still works.

the only reason they changed it , was the fact you could farm too many rings at once, plain and simple.

If you have troubles pm me or leave a comment on my youtube and i will go record again how broke it really isnt.

peace b:bye
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jaabg i already showed you how to complete it. You want to abuse it in its previous form is all i can conclude now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qQet5gRJY

even after maint and the first completion it still works. yes it fails and yes it disappears from you quest log but it still works.

the only reason they changed it , was the fact you could farm too many rings at once, plain and simple.

If you have troubles pm me or leave a comment on my youtube and i will go record again how broke it really isnt.

peace b:bye

Where exactly is it stated that the way PQ operates now isn't a bug, but was intentional? If they wanted to do what you claim they could have simply made it only spawn once a day. Or a variety of other options.

There was no official announcement, there were no patch notes unless they got swept under the rug somewhere or nobody checked. Find where it states this was an intentional change and let's put this thread to rest. Otherwise, let's start a riot and get it fixed mang.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    Where exactly is it stated that the way PQ operates now isn't a bug, but was intentional? If they wanted to do what you claim they could have simply made it only spawn once a day. Or a variety of other options.

There was no official announcement, there were no patch notes unless they got swept under the rug somewhere or nobody checked. Find where it states this was an intentional change and let's put this thread to rest. Otherwise, let's start a riot and get it fixed mang.

They change lots of things without announcements or patch notes that come from china so thats kinda a moot point.

There has been times in the past where we go at in a thread for a year or so before one of us asks the community manager to ask for clarification. maybe its time to ask china on clarification.

I assume it was the people parking an alt of each class by the chest at the end and farming mad rings at once. Though that is the logical thing and what really happened according to the non logic over the years is it wasn't intentional but solved a problem and the quest could be completed albeit messed up.

So Sparkie if you see this can you ask what the dealo is pleaseeeee.

b:bye
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Of course i want to abuse it b:victory. But first let me fix my lag b:angry.

Let me do a math calculation for a sec and see if cube is worth abusing more these days.

Nightspike crystal - 25 - Option 1
    Nightspike crystal - 50 - Option 2
    Nightspike crystal - 100 - Option 3
    Nightspike crystal - 200 - Option 4

1 run 1 crystal. 1 run = 25 minutes (solo because no one does it anymore, i can't use my sin, since a 2nd character does not get reward with my lag, when my first one can't do it)

Option 1 = 25x25 = 625 minutes =10.4 hours
    Option 2 = 50x25 = 1250 minutes=20.8 hours
    Option 3 = 100x25 = 2500 minutes=41.6 hours
    Option 4 = 200x25 = 5000 minutes=83.3 hours

Probability of success = Option 1 = 9%
    Probability of success = Option 2 = 19%
    Probability of success = Option 3 = 39%
    Probability of success = Option 4 = 80%

Assume sky cover = 300m

300*0.09 = 27m
    300*0.19 = 57m
    300*0.39 = 117m
    300*0.80 = 240m

The million dollar question, is it worth it per hour basis?

27m/10.4 = 2.6m per hour
    57m/20.8 = 2.74m per hour
    117m/41.6 = 2.82m per hour
    240m/83.3 = 2.88m per hour

Now let me put this in perspective. Farm cube, get cogs (you can do unlimited runs a day).

It takes 30 minutes to do one full run on average. Cog sells for 3.5m. That is 7m an hour.

So you are telling me, i will be abusing PQ 3 by looking at the above numbers?

If anything you should be more worried about people running cube and selling cube necks for 90~110m. They are "abusing" cube by running it on multiple characters. If you have 10 characters, just need lvl 95 and in lumi. That is 20 runs without paying a dime for COF letters.

Just a heads up, TT 3-1, 6 minutes, 1 run, 1 Ghost lord ribbon, 1.2m, that is 12m for me. 120m every 10 hours. It will take me 30 hours of non 2x tt farming to get 300m guarenteed. Farming pq for 10 hours = 9% chance to get 300m 91% chance to get -2 to -8m (repair cost).

All i want to do, when things are in a lull in faction, i should be able to duo it with my sin, or get faction people to help out. So yes, i would like to abuse PQ 3 as it was like before.

I don't know about you, but i have been farming pq for two years before the bug showed up. It used to be a fun thing to do. Very rarely did i ever see an alt army. When i used to farm it, there was no one else farming it. Back in those days it took a sin and myself about 40 minutes a run. Sadly people have turned this game into "PWI is my solo domain", i don't work like that, and pq used to be one of the places where my friends and I used to hang out. That is why i want the PQ back, for those like me who lag, i can not get the rewards with a 8~14k ping.
  • bael75
    bael75 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I checked quest list checked NPC the quest for PQ 3 is no longer available. WTF? Are they removing it pending a fix or have they taken it out of game? What is going on? b:shocked
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    PQ does not appear in available quest list like it used to previously. PQ 3 quests will fail when you take them and complete that stage. Leader has to take the quest again to start the next stage.

The above creates the problem, if not everyone takes the quests again, only the person who took it can dig.

During the Public quest you can not check who is participating and how much contribution each person has. When you complete the PQ, magically it shows up. If you have two of the same class, you will never know who gets 6 and who gets 3.

If PWI is not willing to fix this bug, just make it so everyone gets 6 crystals. It is hard enough finding people to do pq, and it really sucks when they end up with few crystals.

Lots of people have alts, decent geared. This forces people to choose classes to get max crystals, so as to avoid spending a bazillion years farming. The calculations i did, double in time if you consistently come in 2nd place.

Either increase the shattered crystals to 15 per run, or make it everyone gets 6, or fix this already b:bye.

If the above suggestions are not doable, i suggest you bug advance cube so people can not farm cogs b:angry.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    Any update on the issue for PQ 3 in the coming week?
  • sgtice
    sgtice Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    my squad has done this pq quest twice now even after everyone takes the quest each time... only one person got the reward once.. please fix this. i see this has been a problem since 2013? are u kidding me....
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sgtice wrote: »
    my squad has done this pq quest twice now even after everyone takes the quest each time... only one person got the reward once.. please fix this. i see this has been a problem since 2013? are u kidding me....

This probably means that the people who did not get the reward did not re-take the quest after the boss died in time. You have approximately 30 seconds to pick the quest up before the chest appears, otherwise you are registered as "not participating", you will not be rewarded with the random contribution, you will not receive a prize.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    This probably means that the people who did not get the reward did not re-take the quest after the boss died in time. You have approximately 30 seconds to pick the quest up before the chest appears, otherwise you are registered as "not participating", you will not be rewarded with the random contribution, you will not receive a prize.

Hey roxxi, sadly that seems to be the case. Dual clienting is hard at present.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is what happens when the glitchy quests in pq 3 glitch on you

PQ 3 quest glitch <---URL

b:angry b:angry b:angry

Purr and I should have had similar contribution, we ran it together. Guess what happens, i get 0 contribution.

When i click the chest, i get nothing from it.

Tell me how that is normal behaviour? Some days the quest fail and things work out. Some days the quest fails but stays in your log. If you do not delete the quest, you can not get the reward quest. If you delete the quest, you get the quest reward, but since the quest was deleted your contribution goes to 0.

Is it too much to ask for, to have a quest bug be removed b:angry?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Another week goes by and pwi does not say any official word on this issue after a year b:sad.

Imagine the QQ you would have if this happened with your R9 quest. The last time r9 quest had an issue, it got fixed quickly. It was in the start when i started playing so didn't pay attention to it. Only a few users were affected though.

If only such dedication could be shown for PQ 3.
  • obsceneyouare
    obsceneyouare Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Excuse us but when the hell are you going to fix PQ3 its been broken for ages, i think you have had lots of time to "investigate" is it because it doesn't cost us to do it that your leaving it broken? What century do they plan on actually fixing something in game rather then just adding new ****?

It would be nice if they fixed PQ3 this year huh, its been broken for over a year. And they wonder why they are loosing the international market, we aren't like china, we don't just bend over and take it up the rump when someone thinks they can do us over....if we don't get satisfaction we move on, you would have thought that with the declining numbers they would have twigged onto that by now...... b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    It would be nice if they fixed PQ3 this year huh, its been broken for over a year. And they wonder why they are loosing the international market, we aren't like china, we don't just bend over and take it up the rump when someone thinks they can do us over....if we don't get satisfaction we move on, you would have thought that with the declining numbers they would have twigged onto that by now...... b:angryb:angryb:angry

Unfortunately for you, China calls the shots on this so if they feel that whatever change they made to PQ3 is fine, we have to suck it up or move on.

PS: Don't go around necroing various threads just to vent your frustration.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Excuse us but when the hell are you going to fix PQ3 its been broken for ages, i think you have had lots of time to "investigate" is it because it doesn't cost us to do it that your leaving it broken? What century do they plan on actually fixing something in game rather then just adding new ****?

Are you just piggyback riding what other people are saying or have you actually farmed PQ3?

I have farmed over 61 Crystals in PQ3 in the last 2 month, and not a single glitch happened...
    All this "supposed glitch" is nothing but a fix to stop Multiclienting and Bot abuse to allow normal active playing users a chance to get rewards.

Stop spreading dumb rumors please.

/Edit this topic should be closed, as it misleads people and PWI to false information.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Are you just piggyback riding what other people are saying or have you actually farmed PQ3?

I have farmed over 61 Crystals in PQ3 in the last 2 month, and not a single glitch happened...
    All this "supposed glitch" is nothing but a fix to stop Multiclienting and Bot abuse to allow normal active playing users a chance to get rewards.

Stop spreading dumb rumors please.

/Edit this topic should be closed, as it misleads people and PWI to false information.

Refer to post number 42 to see why pq 3 is glitched. Sure it didn't happen to you, lucky for you. Pq 3 is glitched though on the reward side as well.

You will get 0 reward, if the game does not add up your contribution as linked in that post.

Kossy, just barely makes it a non-necro b:pleased. It has been about 14 days since jaabg posted.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Kossy, just barely makes it a non-necro b:pleased. It has been about 14 days since jaabg posted.
    That wasn't about this thread. S/he knows what I was talking about.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Refer to post number 42 to see why pq 3 is glitched. Sure it didn't happen to you, lucky for you. Pq 3 is glitched though on the reward side as well.

You will get 0 reward, if the game does not add up your contribution as linked in that post.

I've seen that and i have never seen this happen to anyone ever before.
    In my runs i usually take 2-5 other ppl with me which gives me an estimate amount of around 200 PQ runs with nobody having had your issue.

That is a pretty decent sample size, even IF one of them would have had your bug, it woulda been a 1 : 200+ chance to get your *glitch* which makes me believe that you did something wrong that leads you to trigger that no reward with 0 contribution thiing on accident and not knowing how/why.

That to me is not a glitch, as it won't affect the majority of the players.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    That to me is not a glitch, as it won't affect the majority of the players.

Glitch (meaning): a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or fault of equipment

Just because it does not affect a majority, it does not mean it is not a glitch.

Majority (meaning) : a number that is greater than half of a total

Just because your 200 people have not experienced the issue, while the other 199 have. 200/399 = 50.1%. That means the problem does not warrant a fix, well because the majority do not experience it.

The above two are example of flaws, not an attack on you.

Now back to the issue at hand, the problem occurs with the squad lead, the quest does not auto fail. When you have that glitch, as i said in the other thread, let me know how you get the reward still. If you don't experience that issue, you can't really comment about the issue we are having while farming, because for you "PQ 3 is fixed".
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I ran pq3 not to long ago and got the glitch as well. We had to go back to the npc after finishing each part of the quest and take it over again to proceed to the next part. When we finished had to do the same, but i did not receive anyting b:surrender
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I ran pq3 not to long ago and got the glitch as well. We had to go back to the npc after finishing each part of the quest and take it over again to proceed to the next part. When we finished had to do the same, but i did not receive anyting b:surrender

After you kill the final boss, the quest fails. You have to go back to the npc (30 second ish time window), take the quest again, before the message comes up for tallying scores and giving out prizes.

Most people are not aware of the 30 second time window at present.

When you go back to the chest after picking up the quest again, you get the prize.

Unless you had our glitch, in that case no prize what ever you do b:surrender. Relogging will not work. Exiting the area of pq will not work. Restarting the pc does not work. After the day ends, it will reset, and work again.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    After you kill the final boss, the quest fails. You have to go back to the npc (30 second ish time window), take the quest again, before the message comes up for tallying scores and giving out prizes.

Most people are not aware of the 30 second time window at present.

When you go back to the chest after picking up the quest again, you get the prize.

Unless you had our glitch, in that case no prize what ever you do b:surrender. Relogging will not work. Exiting the area of pq will not work. Restarting the pc does not work. After the day ends, it will reset, and work again.

i went back and took the quest again and still got nothing this is the first time this happened

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    i went back and took the quest again and still got nothing this is the first time this happened

b:sad

That is what i am trying to draw attention towards, but no one seems to be listening b:shutup. Everyone thinks broken things are the new "fixed things" because they don't remember what a fixed thing looked like.

We can only hope they fix it b:sad.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    That is what i am trying to draw attention towards, but no one seems to be listening b:shutup. Everyone thinks broken things are the new "fixed things" because they don't remember what a fixed thing looked like.

We can only hope they fix it b:sad.

yeah even with having to retake the quests i would always still get the rewards, but this is the first time i got nothing. oh well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    yeah even with having to retake the quests i would always still get the rewards, but this is the first time i got nothing. oh well

My problem is, i run into this problem every 2~3 days, and no reologging, exiting area, trashing quests twice seem to work for me, or a combination. I just have to wait for the timer to reset on pq and problem vanishes.

I know on sanctuary not many people run it consistently, even though they claim to, because when i am there for 3~6 hours, i see no one, ever. So most people are talking about their past experiences.

We can only hope Sparkie or some "official" person reads this, gives this topic their nod and takes it up with china to get it solved.

Or we can ask SylenThunder, Bubbles, Asterelle, or someone else to provide a fix if they have one b:cute.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've been running PQ3 recently, however not many runs due to my schedule. Today I ran it with a friend and we did not experience the quest fails. We continued as normal without trashing the quests and still got the reward.

EDIT: It decided to revert back to failing after I did one run, so derp on my part. Still have not experienced any issues with receiving reward except for being too slow or not having the required contri for the reward.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I know on sanctuary not many people run it consistently, even though they claim to, because when i am there for 3~6 hours, i see no one, ever. So most people are talking about their past experiences.

You do realize it starts at 9 am and ends at 11 pm right? 3-6 hours is nothing. i usually run it towards 11 pm and i never see anyone. not even you. i am sanctuary and i know you know my sin. sorry but i still have no troubles. sorry that a few of you do.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    That is the sucky part, there has been no official reply on the matter after genotypist's post.

If they say PQ 3 will not be fixed, that will end quite a bit of trouble. But saying nothing, just makes it go on longer.

Let's see what the next few patches entail.

Roxxi, it happened again b:cry.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just ran it - Failed at every stage
    had to re pick up the quest-
    in the end it gave no reward.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Just ran it - Failed at every stage
    had to re pick up the quest-
    in the end it gave no reward.

After you kill prince tanso, fly over to quest giving npc immediately. Take quest again from that npc. Fly back to where prince tanso spawns. A chest will spawn. Most of the time, you will get the reward that way.

You have about 30 seconds to fly back and get reward. If PQ 3 works well.