edited August 2014 in Assassin
What is better for assassin? A hp+150 or vit+10? Please help. Thank you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Zhenmax - Archosaur on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I want to say vitstones would give some more added physical def??since its +to vit when citrines are just +to straight up hp prob why they are cheaper than +10 vit stones,but as in hp wise are better than +10 vit ..well if your arcane .
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    We have an assassin section for this sort of thing, so it's getting moved there. b:chuckle

To answer your question, Vit gems > Cit gems assuming your gear is appropriately refined. If your gear isn't refined then.... don't waste your money on either shard type and go refine first. >_>;
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it is a toss up for sure. citrines are easier to farm, thus are cheaper, vit stones are pack items which are rare and increases the prices.

I did an example before I put my foot in my mouth for which gave the greater advantage regardless of cost.

straight numbers with one gear item on a 101 sin toon
    10 vit on a sin will give 130hp 3-4 pdef 2 mdef
    lvl 12 citrine gives 150 hp no p/m def

it would seem the citrine would be better because of the 20 extra hp for each stone, but in reality after adding in buff's nuema cards, meridian and so on vit will win because when you stack all that on to each other, the effective hp should be greater than just adding straight hp. as the m/p def will cancel out a portion of the hit either pvp or pve, and that could go alot further in my opinion and even more so when att/def levels come into play.

There is a calc on the forums some where setting up different type of stones for seeing your defense vers other types of toons. Not sure where but its here :D.

edit*

I would also add that putting time and coins into your nuema and cards would give greater gains than shopping for end game sharding. Nuema is free and cards can also be somewhat free(after rb). Right now I have 4/6 A cards, and 2 decent b cards, all from doing daily fs. the added stats below.

cards
    patt 269
    matt 301
    att lvl 1
    def lvl 2
    crit 1
    pdef 599
    mdef 762
    eva 150
    hp 823
    vit 10
    spirit 100

nuema

patt 27
    matt 27
    hp 83
    pdef 175
    spirit 12

screens on my current stats unbuffed

sage 3.33 aps better orns
    http://imgur.com/r3DhW4R

tt99 orns @ 4aps
    http://imgur.com/fYyOICs

better orns and r9rs3 gear armor only, no belt
    http://imgur.com/8mSGAgR

then also meridian
    http://imgur.com/dxqTRXf

I don't use a blessing
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    it is a toss up for sure.

straight numbers with one gear item on a 101 sin toon
    10 vit on a sin will give 130hp 3-4 pdef 2 mdef
    lvl 12 citrine gives 150 hp no p/m def

That was indeed my initial thought.
    Astrelles calculator however shows a pretty significant difference in the advantage of vit stones. Notice though that Astrelles uses 115 citrines in the "end game" option. Only the "Super endgame" option uses 150HP ones. Those still are significantly worse than vit stones.

If i look at my excel sheet i see that the pdef/mdef is much more significant than 3-4. For my toon, 1 vit stone adds 90pdef and 70mdef

Also, what costs 150HP shards ? 115HP ones cost 35m alrdy.....
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    yes for a long time I thought 150 hp shards would be better, then later on i did some calc of my own with pwcalc and found by adding buffs the hp shards were not looking that much better after all. If i ever get to the point to replace my +50 shards in my r9 gear after i get my armor refined it will be a toss up with what I do. With the prices of dod's I doubt I will ever be able to get them on RT's. 130m for one stone is quite stupid tbh. I am just glad I got my dot's in my pve armor long ago when they were a reasonable price. I think i will just got with vit or citrines it really depends on how much they are by then. The way its looking I will probably not get +10 on all my gear but time will tell. I am not the farmer I use to be.

right now i am just working on my cards and nuema(been lazy) only. The benefit I will gain is a lot better than worrying about sharding and more refines at this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Full vit sharding adds ~19% to your base defenses. The better your gear the better vit gems are.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Are the 150 hp gems even that farmable, like to shard a whole set of armor in a decent amount of time.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Are the 150 hp gems even that farmable, like to shard a whole set of armor in a decent amount of time.

if you farm enough full fc(shards drop at last boss) and coa's it is quite possible. The amount of time will be just how much time you can put in it. Farming coins to buy shards is possible as well.

Skipping exp pulls a decently geared sin could run fc in 15-20mins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    if you farm enough full fc(shards drop at last boss) and coa's it is quite possible. The amount of time will be just how much time you can put in it. Farming coins to buy shards is possible as well.

Skipping exp pulls a decently geared sin could run fc in 15-20mins

Holeen drops on average 0.46 flawwless citrine

4350 flawless citrines makes 1 gaea.

9500 holleen kills makes 1.

So sure go farm. 3000 hours per gem. Good luck getting 20 - 24 for your whole gear
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    yes i do admit it could take a while, just depends on your luck, that is why i said run coa as well. You can always sell the others to buy citrines, plus the chest you get has a chance as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Oh common Salari b:laugh
    yes i do admit it could take a while
    The biggest understatement ever. Assuming you make it a 40 hour per week job, it would take 30 years to get your armor fully sharded.
    just depends on your luck
    The sample size is big enough that luck has absolutely no influence
    that is why i said run coa as well.
    Ok, that could help, no idea if its effective(**** time for my place) or realistic for every type of toon and equipment.
    You can always sell the others to buy citrines,
    Yes thats a wise plan. It could cut the FC farming time by 2 and now you only need 15 years. However,ye, you can sell anything you farm, you can even sell your exp rooms for 1.3m and use those coins. Now we get to the point what its really about. Gaea's cost 200m, thats more than twice the price of a better vit stone and the reason noone uses them.
    plus the chest you get has a chance as well.
    Great.

Sorry, i was just watching Russel brand vs Hannity and even though this is a totally unimportant topic, certainly compared to what they "debate" about, it made me feel like ripping your argumentation apart piece by piece b:chuckle Just keep away the silly arguments. The conclusion is very clearly and indisputably that 150vit stones are a terribly bad idea and practically unfarmable.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    while you are right, before I took a break it took 3 coa's to get one 115 citrine with a practically a full instance. now days hardly anyone runs it and i am sure i could get them even quicker. Even if it takes a long time it is free vs paying coins for vit which i could put to cards for a greater return.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    while you are right, before I took a break it took 3 coa's to get one 115 citrine with a practically a full instance. now days hardly anyone runs it and i am sure i could get them even quicker. Even if it takes a long time it is free vs paying coins for vit which i could put to cards for a greater return.

Well I did get 11 immaculates in winning instance last time I did CoA with R9T3+12 bow archer. At that speed it would take bout 1,5 years to achieve a single gem. Sounds extremely appealing plan.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Well I did get 11 immaculates in winning instance last time I did CoA with R9T3+12 bow archer. At that speed it would take bout 1,5 years to achieve a single gem. Sounds extremely appealing plan.

if you have no patience its not appealing, unless you got deep pockets or willing to spam farming instances every day to buy what you want quick. There are other ways to get coins but i was just offering a couple ways to get it. If you don't like it, oh well.

And by the way, 11 immaculates with a +12 anything is pretty sad, I was pulling 2 incomparables running solo on one boss, with a full instance at that. Find a better partner next time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    if you have no patience its not appealing, unless you got deep pockets or willing to spam farming instances every day to buy what you want quick. There are other ways to get coins but i was just offering a couple ways to get it. If you don't like it, oh well.

And by the way, 11 immaculates with a +12 anything is pretty sad, I was pulling 2 incomparables running solo on one boss, with a full instance at that. Find a better partner next time

Who has a partner in CoA these days? Even at winning instance you are suggesting 1080 orbs is easy to come by. And even if they were, its still well over a year to farm a single a single gem. You go farm your incomparables and make the +150 gems that way and if I bothered to do the 11 immacs and sell them Id spend a fraction of the time it would take you to get one. If I wanted one that is.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Who has a partner in CoA these days? Even at winning instance you are suggesting 1080 orbs is easy to come by. And even if they were, its still well over a year to farm a single a single gem. You go farm your incomparables and make the +150 gems that way and if I bothered to do the 11 immacs and sell them Id spend a fraction of the time it would take you to get one. If I wanted one that is.

what is it with people these days, you offer a solution and they still complain. If you want to go that route, I could get in the farming routine again and have full vit stones in my gear by the end of the month and get all my armor to 10. But I don't need them that bad and I don't have the time. So I enjoy the game the way I like it. If it takes me a month or takes me a year its all the same to me, the game is not going anywere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zhenmax - Archosaur
    Zhenmax - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Thank you guys, but assuming money is not a problem because we are talking about what stone is better. So in accordance to all replies, majority says vit+10 stone is better? Am i right? Now my next question please is in the glow or outcome spark, in +150hp the glow effect in gears are massive lightning around my gears, so what about in vit+10? What kind of glowing effect i can get? Thank you to all who replied in this thread. Thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    any hp charm over lvl 8 gives a lighnting effect
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Socketing

which looks like this

http://i.imgur.com/0pNVo1l.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]