Any rank 8 Blademaster?...

Options
aeiouxyn
aeiouxyn Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Blademaster
im a newly rank 8 Blademaster?...
may anyone knew how to get rank 8 sword/blade?...

thank u in advance for answering
Post edited by aeiouxyn on

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Select the Blade of the Monarch Mind option from the npc Ti chien (In thousand stream)... if you already got another of the r8 weapons for bm, fists/axes/poleblade, then you will have to go for the one via the npc down in cromagnon village. (The one were you need x500 dragon blood stones/x2 dragon jade stones + g15 weapon... and that will make a recast-ed version of it, which will be more powerful. Along with 500k coin)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You probably wont stay an R8 BM for very long, at least not in weapon. (the armor is quite nice since you can roll -int on the body and boots) G16 far outshines R8.

So you probably want your main weapons (fist and axes) to be G16. R8 weapons are usually used for purge and possibly other special stats.

As slivaf indicated, you can however only get 1 type of R8 weapon easilly from Ti chien. Getting a different type of R8 weapon, you need as he said to go with dragon blood stones. This gets quite costly. So decide carefully what type of R8 weapon you choose.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    You probably wont stay an R8 BM for very long, at least not in weapon. (the armor is quite nice since you can roll -int on the body and boots) G16 far outshines R8.

So you probably want your main weapons (fist and axes) to be G16. R8 weapons are usually used for purge and possibly other special stats.

As slivaf indicated, you can however only get 1 type of R8 weapon easilly from Ti chien. Getting a different type of R8 weapon, you need as he said to go with dragon blood stones. This gets quite costly. So decide carefully what type of R8 weapon you choose.

^ This every bit of it. :$

So much better worded than mine. b:avoid (EDIT: I was wanting to say essentially the same thing as him, just didn't know how to word it.)

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • aeiouxyn
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Select the Blade of the Monarch Mind option from the npc Ti chien (In thousand stream)... if you already got another of the r8 weapons for bm, fists/axes/poleblade, then you will have to go for the one via the npc down in cromagnon village. (The one were you need x500 dragon blood stones/x2 dragon jade stones + g15 weapon... and that will make a recast-ed version of it, which will be more powerful. Along with 500k coin)

hi Slivaf, im just confuse i take the Blade of king quest in order to have a rank 8 Blade... but why it give me rank 8 Poleblade.. do u have an idea with this?...
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    Options
    aeiouxyn wrote: »
    hi Slivaf, im just confuse i take the Blade of king quest in order to have a rank 8 Blade... but why it give me rank 8 Poleblade.. do u have an idea with this?...

As long as you chose that "blade of monarch mind" option you should have got the blade (sword), but if you chose the option that said 'scythe of monarch mind' then you will get the poleblade, if you chose the first option I would suggest sending in a support ticket, I can't guarantee anything will come of it, but it couldn't hurt to try, it could have just been a glitch/error, and when you chose blade of monarch mind it gave you the poleblade, and if it was then they may very well assist you in the matter.

Either way good luck with that. Sometimes it just entirely depends on who you get to answer your ticket.

• aeiouxyn
    edited July 2014
    Options
    As long as you chose that "blade of monarch mind" option you should have got the blade (sword), but if you chose the option that said 'scythe of monarch mind' then you will get the poleblade, if you chose the first option I would suggest sending in a support ticket, I can't guarantee anything will come of it, but it couldn't hurt to try, it could have just been a glitch/error, and when you chose blade of monarch mind it gave you the poleblade, and if it was then they may very well assist you in the matter.

Either way good luck with that. Sometimes it just entirely depends on who you get to answer your ticket.

Thx2x Slivaf... many thanks
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    glad to see another with r8 blade (though mine is recasted) they look bad ***.
  • UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hey there :) as a fellow BM I would like to share my thought with the OP.

I do not know what your plan is for your gear (staying r8 or planning to go r9 or PvE vs PvP) but I think you should keep the r8 Pole Blade, if that is what you made (even if not what you wanted).
    My reason is this. As a Master of Blades (IMO) you should have all skills in all weapon paths and so should have all the weapons. The reason to keep the r8 Pole Blade is that in final cast you can get Spirit Black Hole (purge). This should be your Pole Blade if you have any plan to do any PvP (PK, TW, NW)
    So, I would recommend NOT trying to replace the r8 Pole Blade with the r8 Sword(s). Instead, try to find a comparable non-rank sword(s). Maybe Morai weapon? Someone can probably suggest an alt weapon for you.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hey there :) as a fellow BM I would like to share my thought with the OP.

I do not know what your plan is for your gear (staying r8 or planning to go r9 or PvE vs PvP) but I think you should keep the r8 Pole Blade, if that is what you made (even if not what you wanted).
    My reason is this. As a Master of Blades (IMO) you should have all skills in all weapon paths and so should have all the weapons. The reason to keep the r8 Pole Blade is that in final cast you can get Spirit Black Hole (purge). This should be your Pole Blade if you have any plan to do any PvP (PK, TW, NW)
    So, I would recommend NOT trying to replace the r8 Pole Blade with the r8 Sword(s). Instead, try to find a comparable non-rank sword(s). Maybe Morai weapon? Someone can probably suggest an alt weapon for you.

The above is a play style issue more. That requires your sword, pole, axe, fist all to be refined well, if you want to make full use of skills in pvp. Especially with primal skill being cross weapon now with different effects. Morai sword, or low damage poles don't cut it anymore.

There have been times, when i gave my weapons to alts, and i use npc pole, axe, sword to help in warsong b:chuckle.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Maybe Morai weapon? Someone can probably suggest an alt weapon for you.

3rd nirvy better atleast u get attack level with it or ws sword