Question about Ab.Soul

xoinix
xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Mystic
So I've asked around and I can't seem to get a 100% sure answer..

My question is does Ab.Soul's dmg get boosted by things such as X-treme poison, HF, AMP... and P.deff debuffs such as Glacial spike, Dimensional Seal, and our own creeper?

I've heard yes because it does damage so it would get the increase.. :/

I've heard no because its considered a dot and dots don't get the boost... any help would be awesome. Every time I think I've got this skilled figured out another question pops up b:surrender
Post edited by xoinix on

Comments

• twistedthings
    twistedthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    i know the answer, but how i learned the answer was called...PLAY your toon and learn...so sick of ppl asking if their toon or class can do this or that, or what does this do, go out find a mob and test it, push yourself and you class my mystic in G16+6 and i can solo fc in under 15mins uncharmed, that says something....push your class and its limits, i remember the first time i solod a pav, wood pav lvl 96 b4 rbing in full tt 90 gear +3-4 with 2-4 sockets on most gear. I know lvl 101 2nd rb in g16 who cant solo any pav cos they fail mystic, learn the class by testing and pushing. also btw there is a way for mystics to have both healing and vital herb out plus a befuddling creeper, awsome to have 3 plants out lol
  • xoinix
    edited August 2014
    i know the answer, but how i learned the answer was called...PLAY your toon and learn...so sick of ppl asking if their toon or class can do this or that, or what does this do, go out find a mob and test it, push yourself and you class my mystic in G16+6 and i can solo fc in under 15mins uncharmed, that says something....push your class and its limits, i remember the first time i solod a pav, wood pav lvl 96 b4 rbing in full tt 90 gear +3-4 with 2-4 sockets on most gear. I know lvl 101 2nd rb in g16 who cant solo any pav cos they fail mystic, learn the class by testing and pushing. also btw there is a way for mystics to have both healing and vital herb out plus a befuddling creeper, awsome to have 3 plants out lol

Firstly I didnt ask a damn thing abt what you could do with YOUR mystic. Some of us dont have all day to beg other players to use their skills on mobs to test this,that, and the other.. Mkay?!

Secondly I come to thse fourms to ask MORE expirence players what their thoughts or answers are. Not to be battered by some rude idiot. If you can't asnwer the question don't reply :)

Have a good day sir or mam.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    xoinix wrote: »
    So I've asked around and I can't seem to get a 100% sure answer..

My question is does Ab.Soul's dmg get boosted by things such as X-treme poison, HF, AMP... and P.deff debuffs such as Glacial spike, Dimensional Seal, and our own creeper?

I've heard yes because it does damage so it would get the increase.. :/

I've heard no because its considered a dot and dots don't get the boost... any help would be awesome. Every time I think I've got this skilled figured out another question pops up b:surrender

1st of all u listed more skill but basically they same category, dimensional with tanglire mire, creep pdef debuff, devour,bm gs, bm magic marrow is same result because everyone reduce the physical defence so result will be same if we test1.

veno amplify similiar like hf

i tested now with lv10 absorb soul:
    without weapon:

Target low level BM
    533 dmg on target unbuffed
    594 dmg with magic marrow
    311 dmg with self pdef buff and physical marrow
    407 dmg with only pdef buff
    407 dmg with pdef buff+extremity poison on target
    407 dmg with HF on target and he pdef buff
    430 dmg with lv10 mystic creep pdef debuffed the bm

i hope helped a bit (i am not sure if this change with lv11, i know only about att/def lv changes)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Absorb Soul is an instantaneous debuff (not an attack) that deals physical type damage. Basically it's like an instantaneous bleed effect. Defense and attack levels along with any damage amplification/reduction buffs/debuffs are ignored, however the Physical Defense of the player is still important, so any boosts/penalties to the Physical Defense value of the player affect Absorb.

So yes, Absorb Soul is very handy for blasting through the defenses of a fully JOSD'd arcane armor player, as the JOSD's do nothing whatsoever against it. Pairing this with the veno debuff that reduces PDEF to zilch makes for a very nasty surprise for any class.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Dude, AB is one of the most complicated skills and a lot of people don't understand really how it works, including mystics themselves.

No wonder there's so many bad mystics with people like you that tell the mystics asking questions to shut up. Are you scare that other mystics become better than you? Asking questions is a sign of curiosity and intelligence, he want to learn, so you shut up if you have nothing helpful to say and go back in your corner.

@OP: The skill work as a DOT, so the DOT ''rules'' apply on this skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Absorb Soul is an instantaneous debuff (not an attack) that deals physical type damage. Basically it's like an instantaneous bleed effect. Defense and attack levels along with any damage amplification/reduction buffs/debuffs are ignored, however the Physical Defense of the player is still important, so any boosts/penalties to the Physical Defense value of the player affect Absorb.

So yes, Absorb Soul is very handy for blasting through the defenses of a fully JOSD'd arcane armor player, as the JOSD's do nothing whatsoever against it. Pairing this with the veno debuff that reduces PDEF to zilch makes for a very nasty surprise for any class.

Also note that defense and attack levels are only ignored for levels 1-10 of Absorb Soul. Level 11 uses both the enemy's defense levels and your attack levels (which is almost always better than ignoring them).
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Dude, AB is one of the most complicated skills and a lot of people don't understand really how it works, including mystics themselves.

No wonder there's so many bad mystics with people like you that tell the mystics asking questions to shut up. Are you scare that other mystics become better than you? Asking questions is a sign of curiosity and intelligence, he want to learn, so you shut up if you have nothing helpful to say and go back in your corner.

@OP: The skill work as a DOT, so the DOT ''rules'' apply on this skill.
    b:victory I love this Post Bella b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    @Op
    Absorb Soul doesn't do extra damage from status debuffs like, Heavens Flame, Extreme Poison, (Veno Skill) Amp, (Sin Skill) Amp. Although it does do extra damage with debuffs that lower the Players Phy Def.

Absorb Soul should be lvl'd to 11 asap. :) It is an amazing skill and it will only improve (Even against psys with white voodoo/ josd)
  • xoinix
    edited August 2014
    Many thanks all for the actual answer to my question!

Game on b:laugh