Want to be able to take double the number of hits

Options
zpinsky
zpinsky Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Hi, I am an level 88 Archer. Even though I 've played the game for several months, I feel my biggest problem is my lack of understanding of all the vast options that are available to me.

For example, I just recently did the Valley Entrance quest with my wife who is a level 100 cleric. My hp is current around 3600, but I would get AOE hits from monsters of around 1500. If I didn't watch closely and use crab meat at just the right time, I would die. I did complete the quest, but I had to be resurrected several times in the process. I had a platinum guardian charm, but the hits were coming too fast for that to save me.

So here is my question....how do I increase my defense (i.e. the ability to take hits) without spending a ton of money on gear or refining that is going to eventually get upgraded.

I am not opposed to spending coin...I just don't to waste it. I am looking for being able to take at least double the amount of hits if possible. Or maybe even triple would be great. Is there some sort of blessing I could get? Or maybe I need to plus my gear to something like 5+??? As long as the cost isn't in the hundreds of millions on gear that is going to be replaced.

What do you recommend to allow me to survive better and be able to enjoy the game without continuously being killed.

Thanks for your help,
Robert
Post edited by zpinsky on

Comments

• buttercandy
    buttercandy Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Having only played a few months with a char isn't enough. The reason why you feel like you are not doing enough damage is probably because you are trying to kill mobs at close range and not at max range, or above the range limit for archers (5m ish). There is a damage reduction for archers at close range (when attacking mobs). Learn to use your survival skills like wings of Grace and winged shell. And kill things from a far and learn to kite it if it gets near. Use your frost arrow skill as the opening skill on mobs. All of this are basic things you should know as an archer. For more, please look at some of the guides in the archer forum section.

The survival rate of your archer is the expected normal for a lvl 88-99 archer with out lvl 100 rank gear and maxed skills. It's a DD class, not a tank. There has been a lot of stronger new mobs that were released by the game, and they are the ones that are probably dealing damage over 50% of your hp. Those mobs/quests are probably for rebirthed toons, or specialty quests, mobs found in instances, or mobs that were introduced when the devs had anticipated that everyone would have gotten lvl 100 nirvana gear, etc... Don't bother refining gear past 5+ at your lvl, the benefits isn't much for non endgame gear.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Honestly, just deal with it till you get to level where you want to gear up more. Any options I can think of arent paid back in re-sell value.

Event gold is usually kinda hard to come by on newer players so suggesting to using refine aids to +4-5 might be out of question. I guess the cheapest I can think of is +2-3, which shouldnt be more than 100 mirages/piece and at current rates on archo that would be bout 1m/piece. Increase in hp would be ~100/piece at +3 I suspect. With 6 pieces that refine hp you would gain another 600ish hp. Thats only bout 20% increase in hp so not sure it`ll be what you looking. +5ing and whatnot just gets a lot more expensive and I assume appeal to do it wont be as great with gear that gets replaced soon anyways.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    As fellow archer I can tell it's quite simple:

- Level up,
    - Get lv90 gears (shard with something cheap if you're low on coins or a quick leveler like +25 hp, otherwise try +40 hp shards)
    - Refine it to +3, this should be fairly easy and cheap.
    - Get to lv100.

Your HP won't grow much untill you've reached lv100 gears that are worth investing in such as G16/R8. At lv90 you can expect to get 4k+ hp, towards end-90's close to 5k hp. Once you've obtained lv100 gears or gear you feel comfortable with for a long-term, you shard it and refine it to +4/+5 (it's a cheap start) and you should be fine in survival. Also rebirthing gives access to War Avatars which give a whole lot of extra stats (you can expect a huge growth from them after you've Rebirthed once and ran Flowsilver Palace a few times at lv100 again).

If I understood correctly you went with your wife into a lv85-100 instance, which is ofcourse possible but to be able to survive is a whole different scale. At lv100 with better armors you'll find that survivability will have increased a big deal.

PS: overlooked at first you mentioned a blessing, the only blessings available are:
    Jones' Blessing: +30 atk levels (Redeem these codes in Arc for them: KxK58gAf )
    O'Malley's blessing: + 15 atk levels/+15 def levels. (iItxAUKD)

I suppose the O'Malley's will help you survive a bit better but 15% on 1500 hits with 3600 hp won't do much good still.
  • zpinsky
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Having only played a few months with a char isn't enough. The reason why you feel like you are not doing enough damage is probably because you are trying to kill mobs at close range and not at max range, or above the range limit for archers (5m ish). There is a damage reduction for archers at close range (when attacking mobs). Learn to use your survival skills like wings of Grace and winged shell. And kill things from a far and learn to kite it if it gets near. Use your frost arrow skill as the opening skill on mobs. All of this are basic things you should know as an archer. For more, please look at some of the guides in the archer forum section.

I am aware of the need to be 5 meters or more away. My complaint is not how much I am hitting. I hit what I think is pretty good....maybe 5K or a critical hit of 10K. I know that will increase over time.

My complaint is defense. Simply how much hits I can take. Sounds like there isn't really good options other than get to level 100. I try to complete all the tasks that are assigned and I find that some are extremely difficult and require lots of help. I just want to be able to hold my own.

Even though I have them, I have not tired wings of Grace and winged shell...I will try them to see if it helps.

Thanks,
    Robert
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Various things you can do include:

-Make sure your gear is up-to-date for your level. Far too often do I see people in the 80s and 90s running around in level 20-70ish gear that's worse than NPC armor of their actual level.
    -Refine to +3/+5. This is an incredibly cheap and easy thing to do and it grants a pretty nice difference. You don't need to invest much to do this and it's very helpful for newer players especially.
    -Shard your gear. Using low grade shards like averages or commons are another cheap option that offers a good boost. Combined with the above and you'll see a rather noticable increase in your HP and defenses as well.
    -Check your class subforum for build information and general strategies. Your class, build, and strategies make a huge difference with things. Getting advice for specifics in the appropriate class sections can wind up letting you learn to survive things you previously might not have realized you could handle.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Want to be able to take double the number of hits

Get gear that gives you double the HP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Get gear that gives you double the HP?

That means b:chuckle best shards also b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You can always use omaley blessing instead of jones for defense.
    Those 15 def level helps a lot.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Improve your defenses. You didn't say which orns you are wearing. I was gone for a couple years and when I came back I see a bunch of new clerics using mag orns and not pdef ones. b:laugh At your lvl there are a few cheap molds etc available to you. Depending on the mob/boss you are killing you could switch them out to match the aoes. Other than that refine like others have said.

Also hit 90, tt90 gives nice hp.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If you're willing to spend a little more for gears you can use into endgame, you might consider getting a cube neck, and if you've no plans on going r9, a warsong belt. Only you'll know whether you need pdef or mdef more as they are available in both varieties. They cost a fair chunk of coin but you'll be using them for quite a while and can later upgrade them. I suggest if you do get them try to get them to +5.

Also, a ring like Sign of Frost: Chaos is pretty good and not a bad starting endgame ring. They give 250mdef and refine for pdef. They also retain much of their resale value if you don't go overboard on refines.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    your most basic options here are to get phys def belt and necklace plus refines up to least 4 or 5 to best results. the warsong belt can be gotten with inscriptions that drop if someone is willing to have ya pick up some for that reason.

otherwise stick to any phys def belt and neck that ya can find. Plus using winged shell and wings of grace comes more in handy than anyone here thinks.

winged shell absorbs dmg up to a certain amount so its good for those one shots.
    wings of grace gives a 30% dmg reduction along with immune to any movement debuffs (Ex: stun, freeze, and etc). So as mentioned above, try aiming for some of these ideas if and when you can.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • mashirosey
    mashirosey Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    For lvl 88 get either legendary or tt gears and refine shard the.
    If its too anoying to refine or shard just go to Action House npc and find what others are selling.
    Usualy you can get alredy refined and sharded gears for relativly cheep prices for lower lvls, but if you have no money you will have to farm them and refine yourself.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If you are doing pve only for most part. Look into gear that gives warding level. Warding level gear = worse defenses, but it makes up for it in warding levels. It helps in surviving better as well, weapon hits hard compared to that lvl mostly.

Use your defensive skills more to take less damage, go buffed, if you have access to a base, get the blessings/buffs from there to help out.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You're playing the game the way it was played in 2008 (hard mode).

It gets much easier once you level to 100. Investing lots of coins into non-endgame gear is a waste.

Since you don't want to spend much G16 (NV 3rd cast) is the option for you. I suggest you begin looking up on the HH/TT gear (HH80/HH90) which is a part of a long chain of gear upgrades. You make and decompose HH90 to create HH99.

HH80 (sometimes - lv.8x) -> HH90 (lv. 9x)-> HH99 (gold - G12 - lv. 99) -> NV (G13 lv.100) -> NV2 (G15 lv.100) -> NV3 (G16 lv.100)

If you're willing to fork out money at 100 you go along a different (superior) upgrade path:

Rank 9 (lv.101) -> Rank 9 recast (lv.101) -> Rank 9 recast recast (r9rr - lv.101)

The latter path enables you to tank almost anything aside from world-bosses. Rank 9 characters usually pull and keep aggro, and tank better than non-r9 barbarians.
  • zpinsky
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If you're willing to fork out money at 100 you go along a different (superior) upgrade path:

Rank 9 (lv.101) -> Rank 9 recast (lv.101) -> Rank 9 recast recast (r9rr - lv.101)

The latter path enables you to tank almost anything aside from world-bosses. Rank 9 characters usually pull and keep aggro, and tank better than non-r9 barbarians.

Wow Rank 9 gear seems like something I'd like to pursue for end of game gear. My wife made friends with someone that sells gear in a cat shop. She ended up purchasing a set of G16 Nirvana gear...I think 7 pieces in all. She refined her Glaive to +12 and refined everything else to +10. Yes, it required her to drop a few coins to achieve that, but she thinks it is well worth it.

So just wondering, how does Rank 9 gear compare to her Nirvana gear? Where do you get it? I assume it is not as easy to find for sale at a cat shot? Does it require having a certain amount of reputation? And if so, how do you get it (I have very little reputation)?

Maybe as I struggle at my current level, I can begin looking for/accumulating this gear so that by the time I get to level 100, I am ready to go.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Rank gear is in the cash shop,for r9 you need 300k rep wich is like 100+ gold,then you get the ring wich is like 3 mog's,32 gst's wich right now can cost in the range of 400-500,ill just for that stupid stuff.Weapon is like 5 MoG,80 gst(if im correct) in wich is like 800-900mill...so really instead of coins you will prob break down due to lack of motivation of making coins and just cash shop your toon.Then many more mogs and gst materials to make the rest..so well over a billon in coins.

To be honest..the game isn't worth the troubles.

But if your bored,single,not hurting for money then just cash shop your toon right?
  • zpinsky
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I suggest you begin looking up on the HH/TT gear (HH80/HH90) which is a part of a long chain of gear upgrades. You make and decompose HH90 to create HH99.
    I guess I should stop daydreaming about R9 gear and get back to reality (at least for now)...can you explain to me that HH/TT gear is? My method of obtaining gear up til now is either from some boss drop, or I buy it at a cat shop.

I will be level 90 soon enough...what is the process to manufacture HH/TT gear? Does my character need to learn a skill to do it? What mat/items are needed an where do I find those items (or perhaps they are available for purchase)?

And lastly, I have to make sure it is worth doing...if my existing gear close to what I already have, it might not be worth doing.

Thanks for your help,
    Robert
    Rank gear is in the cash shop,for r9 you need 300k rep wich is like 100+ gold,then you get the ring wich is like 3 mog's,32 gst's wich right now can cost in the range of 400-500,ill just for that stupid stuff.Weapon is like 5 MoG,80 gst(if im correct) in wich is like 800-900mill...so really instead of coins you will prob break down due to lack of motivation of making coins and just cash shop your toon.Then many more mogs and gst materials to make the rest..so well over a billon in coins.
    I'm sorry, I'm sort of new to all of this....can you tell me what the abbreviation MOG is? What does GST mean?

Thanks,
    Robert
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    TT or so called HH(like people even use the term HH is so stupid)is where you can farm materials but beware the drops suck and good luck finding a squad,so just make coin and buy the materials and save yourself the time.Then you use that TT 90 to make tt99 gold wich have better benefits,then at 100 you use that to make nirvana stage 1 and then stage 2,THEN you use stage 2 nirvana/lunar(if you do lunar since lunar does not bound to toon)to make stage 3.If im right stage 3 has better addition to r9 stage1.

All my toons use stage 3 nirvana,except my LA,thats a mixture of r8,tt99 gold,and nirvana/stage3 dagg,+6 for a reasonable amount of hp,weapon +10 to keep me alive.

Though since I have been bored in the past year I have been farming coin for my arcane toon r9 weapon/ring..but I keep buying other stuff so I stil lget set back at times,then again r9 to me isn't important on a pve server anyways.b:victory

MOG-metal of glory ,gst -genral summers tokens.they are all used to craft r9 gear..and that just stage 1.

MOG are like 25g each or 40+mill each in coins,GST are about 8-9+mill each right now..due to this ravished crapfest of a economy.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    zpinsky wrote: »
    So just wondering, how does Rank 9 gear compare to her Nirvana gear?

Its superior. You could refine nv3 gear to +12, and at the end of the day an r9rr player will still hit you for insane numbers, still out-tank you because the damage output of the gear can sustain aggro.
    Where do you get it?

From these quests (Rank 9):

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/22228
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/22242
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/22241
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/22240
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/22239

Then from the forges (Rank 9 Recast)

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32965
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32985
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32935
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32945
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/32955

Then again from the forges (Rank 9 Re-Recast):

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34787
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/35737
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34837
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34827
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34817
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34807

Does it require having a certain amount of reputation? And if so, how do you get it (I have very little reputation)?

300,000 reputation

Read:

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rank_and_Reputation/RankIX

I guess I should stop daydreaming about R9 gear and get back to reality (at least for now)...can you explain to me that HH/TT gear is? My method of obtaining gear up til now is either from some boss drop, or I buy it at a cat shop.

Example for your bow:

(HH/TT60 - G8 - Level 60):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14875 (Swiftwind Crossbow)

(HH/TT70 - G9 - Level 70):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14876 (Thundercrack - Upgraded from Swiftwind Crossbow)

(HH/TT80 - G10 - Level 80):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14879 (Flash Fire - Upgraded from Thundercrack)

(HH/TT90 -G11 - Level 90):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14883 (Blinding Radiance - Upgraded from Flash Fire)

(HH/TT99 - G12 - Level 99):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14887 (Constellation: Fail - Upgraded from Blinding Radiance)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14896 (Dragonbow)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14897 (Dragonbow)

(Nirvana - G13 - Level 100):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25968
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25967 (Abomination of Dragons - Upgraded from Constellation: Fail, or Dragonbow:Nameless or Dragonbow: Legacy)

(Nirvana 2nd cast - G15 - level 100):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25665
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/25664 (Upgraded from abomination of dragons)

(Nirvana 3rd cast - G16 - Level 100):
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34770 (Upgraded from any nirvana second cast bow)

If you've kept farming HH/TT at your level obtaining the required materials your gear can evolve with your character level. Nirvana 3rd cast is the best you can get and is good enough if you don't care about PvP/TW. Nirvana 3rd cast players are cannon-fodder in TW/PvP (in comparison to the r9rr players).

I will be level 90 soon enough...what is the process to manufacture HH/TT gear? Does my character need to learn a skill to do it? What mat/items are needed an where do I find those items (or perhaps they are available for purchase)?

Yes you need to level up your crafting skills blacksmith/tailor and craftsman. If you don't want to you can always ask other players to make your gear for you. However you'll need to find some trustworthy people. Gear gets stolen this way.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you should also look into nuema and cards, its the cheapest way to get some nice stats that is a lot less than you would pay for heavy refines on gear.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • zpinsky
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you should also look into nuema and cards.
    Nuema and Cards? What are those? Can you provide me a with a link to other discussions?

Thanks,
    Robert
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nuema and Cards? What are those? Can you provide me a with a link to other discussions?

Thanks,
    Robert

Click here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you shouldn't be spending months and still not even lv 90, even if your taking it slow and learning the game it should take you tops 2-3 (including cultivation quest line) weeks to get to level 100. Experienced players can get a toon to lv 100 in about a week. Well geared and experienced players can get a new toon to lv 100 in about 1-2 days (without culti).
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you shouldn't be spending months and still not even lv 90, even if your taking it slow and learning the game it should take you tops 2-3 (including cultivation quest line) weeks to get to level 100. Experienced players can get a toon to lv 100 in about a week. Well geared and experienced players can get a new toon to lv 100 in about 1-2 days (without culti).

That is called boring b:bye. How long did it take you to get to 105x3 if you are an advocate of fcc, pv to lvl toons?
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

If OP isn't really running FC, and is instead a quester, it may take them more time to level. Even for Serenity's rebirth and the 4x and 3.5x multiplier, it took me over 3 weeks to get her back to 100 for first rebirth, and 2 1/2 weeks to get her back up to 100 for second rebirth I did, and that was with me spamming FC with the dreamchaser necklace.

On topic though, I'm not sure which valley you went in. I'm assuming it was lunar or delta.

First thing you want to do, as Boomz, and others have implied and stated is to level up. You do take increased damage from higher leveled mobs, and they take decreased damage from you.

When you reach level 90/95, I recommend you go for FC gear, Legendary gear, TT90, Lunar 95 or Morai 95 (PvE gear), or even OHT gear.

I recommend refining that gear to around +3/+4/+5, and using a mix of citrines and garnets to boost both your hp and pdef. (Sapphires help your mdef, but that's up to you.) I recommend you use Flawless shards for this gear...immaculates at the most, because this gear is just going to be temporary gear.

Your goal once you reach 100 should ideally be G16 gear (Due to its power, usability. and low price by comparison).

(Remember that if you go the TT path, you also need the blacksmith/tailor level to manufacture it, so don't equip the gear while its in the TT99 gold/Nirvana G13 state. Only equip it in the G15 state, as you don't need blacksmith level to G16 it. During this time, I recommend equipping Morai gear, or any other gear that you can up until that gear is ready to be equipped by you. Once you can equip it, it will help a lot.)

Weapon paths:

TT 90 green > TT99 gold (bound) >Nirvana G13 (bound) >Nirvana G15 (Bound) >TT Nirvana G16 (Bound)

Lunar gold >Nirvana G13 (Unbound) >Nirvana G15 (Unbound) >Nirvana G16 (Unbound)

R8 (Have enough rep and coin.) >R8r (Second best rank gear path. Usable in all instances.)

Morai 95, Morai 100, Morai 101 (This is a cheap option, and a useful one for PvE. It is even a viable endgame gear Its very strong in PvE. Note that you'll get facerolled in PvP though.)

Rank 9>Rank 9r >Rank 9rr (Ultimate gear, huge price tag.)

Now, that being said, once you get your endgame gear, you'll want to refine it to around +5 or higher. You don't have to be majorly refined, but to a good point would help.

I'm speaking on an endgame level layout now, using cheap/moderately priced items. This is not an OP layout that I'm giving you, but rather a decent layout for an archer or anyone really to survive well in squad.

Necklace: Whether physical or elemenal: Ideally, a cube one. Failing that, Sky demon's pearl is a good pdef one. Check around for any ones that you see cheap, be it physical or elemental.

Belt: Go for either a Warsong G14 belt (G15 is possible, but 3x more expensive). (This is a 20 mil price tag, but you'll find coin easier to obtain at the level 100+ mark, and even easier once you rebirth.) The OHT map 4 belt is also a good one, and served me well for many years, up until I got my Warsong G15 belt a few days ago. (Again, whether elemental or physical, I'll leave that up to you.)

-Sharding: Over time, aim for either exclusive or incomparible. Try not to shard anything below flawless though. Citrines are good for hp. Garnets are good for pdef. Sapphires are good for Mdef. Again, its your choice how you shard your toon. But I can tell you that my sharding isn't finished yet, and I'm not epically sharded. (Incomparible citrines, exclusive garnets, and a few flawless that I'm swapping out. Even at this though, and as a cleric, I'm sitting on over 7,400 pdef self buffed. So aim for this over time.

-Rebirth. Yes, it does suck. But its worth it. Reason being is increased stat points, and you get access to passive abilities, including defense in the primal world. So rebirthing will allow you to level your passive abilities.

-Cards: Even C cards are better than nothing. Over time, improve this and gradually aim for A cards. (S cards are better, but more expensive.)

Pdef rings/Mdef rings. They refine for increased pdef/mdef respectively. As someone who employs defense over offense respectively, I personally have 2 lunar rings. Other good rings are rank 8. rank 9, and sky cover. A cheaper, but more time consuming option is 2 perfect attendance rings. (What I used to have.) Lunar rings do cost quite a bit, but are still cheaper than their more offensive counterparts. If that price tag is still too high, aim for Legendary, FC, or TT rings until you can go for it. At that point you might be able to aim for even better rings than that.

You can also refine more and more to boost your hp.

O'Malley's blessings also help in your defense also.

Note that this information that I'm giving you is not meant to be super endgame, nor super elite, but it is enough to get you by fairly well in instances, and in PvE. There are better shards out there than what I mentioned...which are also more expensive. There are higher refines than what I mentioned, which will help more, but also at a high price. NW ornaments are even better than what I mentioned...but again, have a higher price tag. S cards and high nuema levels are even better than A, but take time and coin.

You will not be able to take on R9's in endgame or better geared G16's in pvp, but this should be sufficient for PvE, and providing you with the defense that you seek. Hope that helps. Good luck increasing your defense. Good luck in game, and in real life. b:victory

"Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just to add on sharding a bit from SerenityCNB post. If you and your partner can do weekly aba and seat, you can do them once each. That is 2 characters doing them, 3rd run (2nd week 1st instance) = 1 incomparable shard. So every 2 weeks you get 2 incomparable shards roughly speaking. These ones have a minor manufacturing fees.

If you do make tt gear, try not to wear it, until you can get sharding done. That means you put in in shard, you trade the gear to your partner, your partner puts in the other shard. The weekly shards are not tradeable, so they do not work if your gear is bound and someone else is suppose to shard them.

The above way would cut down your sharding time by 1/2 or more depending if you use alts for this.

If you are looking for a good alternative to cube necklace. Look at tt 90 gold necklaces (phy or elemental), i find them better than sky pearl. These days bh 2(100+) is tt 2-2. Most people kill wurlord and exit the instance, you just stay there, and move on. Only need to kill a doggy boss, skip all bosses in between and move on to astral boss. Astral boss drops the gold mat needed to make these.

As other said, once you reach 100, lots of farming options open up to you that you can stream line in your daily/weekly play to help you out.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

You can't quest to 100 including cultivation in 2-3 weeks without fcc. The game was not built that way.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Kemonomimi - Morai
    Kemonomimi - Morai Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    first - maybe you should ask your wife to heal you b:laugh

second - odd how almost every thread turns to "get r9" and "powerlevel to triple 105"
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Wow Rank 9 gear seems like something I'd like to pursue for end of game gear. My wife made friends with someone that sells gear in a cat shop. She ended up purchasing a set of G16 Nirvana gear...I think 7 pieces in all. She refined her Glaive to +12 and refined everything else to +10. Yes, it required her to drop a few coins to achieve that, but she thinks it is well worth it.

So just wondering, how does Rank 9 gear compare to her Nirvana gear? Where do you get it? I assume it is not as easy to find for sale at a cat shot? Does it require having a certain amount of reputation? And if so, how do you get it (I have very little reputation)?

Maybe as I struggle at my current level, I can begin looking for/accumulating this gear so that by the time I get to level 100, I am ready to go.

Everything on sale and R9 set costs 661,5 gold if I remember correctly, not accounting reputation. Refines and shards and whatnots will be the more expensive part. Farming badges will be the annoying. As far as gear strength goes, nirvana gear got nothing on R9 recasts. R9 recasts got a bit more of everything, which totals to a lot more.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop